• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Cloned Ash theory

This is the most bonkers theory I've ever seen and trust me I've seen a few.
So many holes in it I don't know where to begin.

People just age slower in the Pokemon World, we've never seen a single character age!

Then how can one have kids if they do not age?

I've been thinking about what the OP has been saying, and while I admire their faith in this theory, it is not true at all.

This is a theory, so deep that it has probably been done before. This is the truth, a truth that will shock your pants off (unless you are wearing shorts or a skirt).

A theory, while it does have plenty of evidence, said evidence could be faulty.

The Ash(es?) that we have seen are actually clones created by his mother.

I won't deny that it's very possible they are clones, but if they're created by his mother she'd have to have given birth at least 4 or 5 Ash from the original gene and take care of each of them, and I don't see robot clones possible for the reasons that I will say of later.

Now what actually happened was that Ash lived with his mother and his father but then tragedy shook as his mother was found cheating with an saucy affair with Bruno. His father quickly got a divorce and won Ash in a long custody battle which also included a Pikachu that Ash would own. Delia struck with guilt that she could never see her son again (well she had issues), decided to create her own son using robotic technology along the genes of Bruno's Onix's DNA (This is not an euphemism). So using an underground hidden lab, she set to create as many Ash clones as possible. She put in a dream like replicants in Blade Runner which created Ash's dream to be the best trainer in the world, so they went with cloned Pikachus to go on Pokemon journeys. Delia would retire them after ever region to avoid suspicion. She created them so durable that even a Charizard's flamethrower could not kill him using genetic splicing from Bruno's Onix and others.

While it's true that Bruno is somebody that would even defy a person's(and maybe even Pokemon's) sexualities to be attracted to him, there's no proof it's because of Bruno or that it would have been because of an affair that his father left, especially when I think it was confirmed he went on a journey and sucked at it. I admit it's the likeliest given his... appearance and being in Kanto as well, but I still doubt it. I agree about the Pikachu clones though, they were all probably the ones we saw in the second episode saved, which would explain Pikachu's inexperience.

However there were times when one of the clones died (such as the Lavender Tower episode) and Delia would then replace these clones quickly so that no one would know. When Brock so became suspicious, he was quickly replaced and then brainwashed so that he would forget. Similar stuff happened with Professor Oak, Misty and Gary, they were all drained and brainwashed. Why do you think we barely see Tracey anymore? Delia realized that Ash would have to grow, so she just changed the voice on the latter clones so that no one will suspect that he is a cloned robot. The clone-Ashes were getting suspicious so Delia created clone-Serena with fake memories of him as a kid to throw him off.

No, we've canonically seen Ash's ghost go back to his own body. You can't deny canon, which is what makes your theory weaker. It would be impossible for Ash to even have a ghost if he were truly a robot, or even an aura for that matter. There was nothing to be suspicious of other than Ash's lack of aging, which could be why Brock stuck around for so long. I also think those memories were legit, and that honestly it was Dahlia giving birth the clone Ashs not through android technology.

So what happened to the Real Ash? He is married with two kids and lives with Karen from the Elite 4 (Think about it, we never seen her in the anime) at age 25 living in the Sevii Islands (we never see them either). He works as a legal consultant at his own law firm.

I don't know, but if you think about it, what makes this "Real Ash" any more real than the clones? The clones all had their journeys and friends they connected with, and their only resemblance could only be in name and appearance.

Maybe we, as people, shouldn't think of them as "clones" and any less "real" than the first Ash, but that they are human beings just like all of us. Just some food for thought.

When I first heard about this theory not to long ago it was a video, I dismissed it as impractical and nonsense. This is the second time I saw this theory. This theory has no base. This theory can't even support it self, it just brakes apart. Ash and Pikachu was returned to there body by haunter after the gastly, haunter, and gengar played around with them. Ash wasn't the only one who got hit by a Pokemon attack, other people in the anime was hit with attacks from Pokemon like being shocked like Casey. Brock was torched by Charmander in one episode. The team rocket Trio gets shocked, blasted by flamethrowers, and blown away practically every episode. If any thing a Team rocket trio clone theory would make more sense then this theory.
If you go by the movie cannon. In the first movie, clones have differences in appearance and characteristics. If you saw the first movie the cloned Pokemon have small but noticeable differences in there appearance. Only once Ash's character design was changed, everyone's character design was change as well because of the new team of animators.
This theory is already on shaky ground, with more then half of this theory's "evidence" ether against official cannon or implausible or both. The only thing this theory has going for it is that it ruins people's childhood.

FYI
This theory is starting to look like a reincarnation of the lavender town theory. Both this theory and the lavender town theory used false evidence to trick people in to believing them. Both was created years after the games or the anime's debut and Both try to confuse and complicate things in an attempt to seam true.

As long as it ruins people's childhood then it works out perfectly.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom