• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dawn Club

Do you like Hikari?

• YES!

Votes: 385 73.6%
  • She's okay....

Votes: 89 17.0%
  • I don't really like her...

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • I HATE HER!

Votes: 29 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe Hikari is moe!

moehikari.jpg

Eeee! Hikariii~!! I have *never* liked a member of the main cast before, but something about Hikari just makes her wonderful. I guess one of the main reasons I like her is that she left a great first impression on me with those first eps: her stubbornness (getting into physical fights with her Pokemon! XD), resourcefulness (the way she rescued Pocchama), gung-ho attitude, and self-(over)confidence ("I know what I'm doing!" "Don't worry I'll be fine!") make her a lot more like the "main hero" archetype rather than the typical "girl sidekick". And yet she's totally not a Sue-type character because the eps have shown that she is indeed a newbie and not all-powerful, all-successful, and/or all-knowing. She's just a strong, spunky female character, and I hope she stays that way throughout the entire D/P storyline instead of being demoted to the passive girl sidekick (which unfortunately may well happen given the fate befallen certain other chars in a similar position).

And on a note completely unrelated to the anime...I also like game!Hikari for her potential as a shipping partner for Her Awesomness Shirona. Speaking of which...I hope to high heaven they don't give Shirona the shaft in the anime, and she shows up and is all coolness and Hikari goes all "wow awesome squee" over her--*shot for fantasizing and digression*

Can I join? I think Hikari's pretty cool.

I've got a couple icons, if anybody wants them.

4ccco6r.png
2dqsnk4.png
333e2qg.png

Hey, um...just a request...post a link somewhere to the original site where you people are getting these pieces of fanart, please? Not only would it be helpful to people (like me) who are interested in looking through the artist's gallery, but I believe it is also a matter of respect towards the artist to reference their site since you're displaying their art.

I know that there's probably some rule about not linking to sites, but I should think that linking for the sake of crediting the original source of this art would be a valid exception.

Nice pictures and fanart, everyone. Here's another picture of Hikari:
DP20.jpg

The fanart is great, particularly the pic that Lucifer Angel and Jigglysama posted.

From the Gregguru (or Greggle) episode.

hikariani.gif

Pretty hair, don't you think?

Hikari is ridin' spinnaz.

They be rollin', patrolin', try to catch me ridin' dirty.

IN OTHER NEWS:

ent_hikari.gif

*Waits for joke about Hikari and Wiis*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom