• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Generation V Speculation Thread

Read the OP.
I want one thread, not five speculating ones.

I like the idea for the Iron tower/tunnel, but feel that we'll finally get that bug legendary type.

I hate to poke an old post, but I highly doubt a bug legendary. They have always pretty much left the bug type to the beginning of the game and not really bothered with them after the first couple of towns, with the only exception I can think of being Yanmega (even though it evolves from a beginning bug itself).

I do, however, think a solid ghost type legendary (that isn't a dragon) would be nice.

Also sorry for irrelevance to previous posts, just kinda had to throw this in here.

I am hoping for:
Reshirom
Zekram
Third legend
Second legendary trio
Base 100 legend
Arceus-like legend
8 Legendaries. almost as hoenn and johto.

I am hoping for:
Reshirom
Zekram
Third legend
Second legendary trio
Base 100 legend
Arceus-like legend
8 Legendaries. almost as hoenn and johto.

That's Very Likely,
I Hope/Predict that it will be like this:
.Legendary Mascot Trio,
.Second Trio,
.Small and Cute but Powerful Event Legendary Pokemon,
.2nd Event Pokemon,
.Arceus Type Legendary Event Pokemon.

It depends on how long they want this Generation to Last, if they want atleast 3 Movies they will Probably Need 3 Event Pokemon.
So I Predict 9-10 Legendary Pokemon, I say 10 because they may want to add another Legendary Pokemon in e.g: Heatran^_^

(That Being Said, I hope the Small and Cute but Powerful Event Legendary Pokemon is in Next Year's Movie)^_^

I wonder if we transfer our Gen IV Pokemon from DS to Computer, and then load up the saved game from there...

I was really confused at first, but I think this would be how we shift over.

I want the gym leaders to have more of a role than just taking up space.

Like battle along side of you in the fight against evil and stuff like that? Like you need to forge a relationship with them or something, cause look at them. They just sit there, and think about how cool they are as they slowly lose their left foot to diabetes.

Then you own them and they act all surprised. Give us more dimensions to these crucial people. They're like robots that you have to beat in order to keep going. Argh.

Yeah, I'd like gym leaders to do something. GF is getting better at that though.

Serebii and Pokebeach have a picture confirming the pokemon from the anime beta art. Can someone else post it? I would, but I'm on my wii, so I'm unable to.

Serebii and Pokebeach have a picture confirming the pokemon from the anime beta art. Can someone else post it? I would, but I'm on my wii, so I'm unable to.

It's posted in the other thread, which is the right thread to post that.

Anyway, getting back on topic. I speculate, that, these two games will be more detailed than the other ones, maybe a deeper story for some other Pokemon, not just legendaries. I expected Lucario to be a famous Pokemon in Sinnoh, you know all the movies and shit about him, then it turns out he's nothing more than just a Pokemon you receive as an egg and is used by a Gym Leader and the Champion.
It would be pretty nice to see the Gym Leaders and other people even more involved in the game story than in other games, I don't like it when it's only the player and a few other people that go against a whole evil society made of hundreds of members, and I think this game won't have those very weak grunts that do nothing. >_>

I just feel like these two games are going to be perfect, I'm in love with them right now, which never happened before other games were released. :D

I can't find the wish list thread anymore, so this one will have to do.

Suppose they create a default trainer AI that will actually make use of the Shift battle option, instead of just battling like it's Set.

So, is there no new types for black and white. Just new type combinations? I'm very upset about this right now.

So, is there no new types for black and white. Just new type combinations? I'm very upset about this right now.

You do realize that the only reason they introduced the Dark and Steel-types was to help bring the Psychic-type down a notch, right?

I speculate that Gen V will bring the total number of PKMN to 666.

151 + 100 + 135 + (81 + 22) + (151 + 26) = 666
--> (new PKMN in regional dex + new PKMN not in regional dex)

I'm also speculating that there will be 3-4 event PKMN: Victini (#663 or #664), the anti-Arceus (#666), and 1-2 others. (3 event PKMN if they are making Gen VI and 4 if Gen V is the end.)

I speculate that Gen V will bring the total number of PKMN to 666.

Pokemon has already caused enough controversy amongst religious groups. They won't make an anti-Arceus, and they especially won't reference the devil's number in any way.

I think that there will be an option to walk pokemon, instead of them automatically following you.

Back
Top Bottom