• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Isshu Region in the games

isshumap.png

I’ve been going over the map trying to point out all the possible locations and routes that are visible and made an HGSS style map from what we’ve seen so far. Also before anyone says it I know there is always the possibility that gamefreak will abandon the traditional linear map system of straight up, down, left, right routes and go with diagonal routes instead. Anyway my guess is as good as any so don’t go downin me for that.

glad we were able to seperate this Evil Fig, nicce job.

I think you start right near the Sky Bridge, as that is where we have gotten the most screen shots. Then you go around through the desert (possibly a boat to the west to avoid the desert until you get stronger). Lastly, I think the final city will be the castle with the water surrounding it, all the wayup in the west.

Also I think all the water on the left and right of the middle island is surfable.

EDIT: Wait, why was the other thread closed? Another mod didn't come in to explain. Must have been some shenaniguns, right?

The castle above the Park could be a new Gym with two Gym Leaders...

This thread is for discussion of the Isshu region : gyms, cities, the geography, where the legendaries and evil teams are based, etc.

It is absolutely not for discussion of what real-world region Isshu is based on.

Map of Isshu

Picture1-2.png

can anyone get a map like this one, that as the most until now, but a bigger one, and that can see clearly?

is it just me or is there a small building on the most left island, with still a bit of green

I see a building. Maybe something like Cinnabar?

is it just me or is there a small building on the most left island, with still a bit of green

You mean the most right island? I don't see anything on the most left island.

The right top side of Isshu is so mysterious. It seems like there's a long sandy beach on the right coast.. Could there be something there? It seems like the clouds are covering over 2 possible bridges.

Those clouds are annoying. It makes it hard to figure out how far region stretches.

You mean the most right island? I don't see anything on the most left island.

The right top side of Isshu is so mysterious. It seems like there's a long sandy beach on the right coast.. Could there be something there? It seems like the clouds are covering over 2 possible bridges.

yes sorry i mean right i always get confuses with those two lol

yes sorry i mean right i always get confuses with those two lol

Tis okay! :D

Clouds usually mean that they are the later areas of the game. It makes no sense that they would reveal the elite 4 area. We still have 3 months-ish left! That means under the clouds is the elite 4 or not on the map.

Am I the only person who doesn't see very many cities on the map? I looked at all the past maps, then the new one. It seems like they took ALL their time on the big city... I definitely don't see enough for 8 gyms. Will there be a more detailed map coming out?

To start things off... Here's a Large Isshu Map for everyone.:
isshulargecut.png
Spoilized so it doesn't page stretch, even though I think it's just the right size so it wouldn't... But, eh.

But anyway, what I'd like to talk about is that desert/wasteland.
zoomdesert.png
Yes my image is zoomed in and blurry. But anyway, on this image, I placed 5 numbers to make what I'm saying a bit more clear.
Yes this is DEFINITELY TL;DR post. But I'd seriously appreciate it if some of you read and commented on this.
Please and thank you in advance.

First of all, spot one. What I see here is what looks like two houses, and either a tall tower, or a long tent/house that travels far across the ground. Although, what I personally see most is a strange series of caves. It is possible this is maybe a ruins or excavation sight, or possibly, a small mine. For some reason, I cant shake the idea that it looks like a series of mining caves. When you look closely at it, the shape of the formation looks irregular, especially around the tip right of it, where it clearly seems to bulge. This takes away from the idea that it is a tower, which would tip over, or your standard block-shaped building. The idea of a mine somewhere in the region also makes sense when you consider the area is more industrialized and needs a supply for all the metal these factories seem to be using.
At station two, you can see what looks more like a small tower, rather than a mine. A small shadow is visible on the bottom left of the object, and seems constant with all the other shadows on the map. But what I really want to point out is what is directly between points one and two. Very clearly, you can see a road! Exactly the same style as the concrete road that seems to be going straight through the middle of the desert, a road goes left into an area. I think this path eventually gradually turns into a sand path, that splits around the whole left section.. Seriously, look at point three. What I see looks like small houses, huts really, with rooftops and such. Certainly doesn't look like any rubble I've seen. Especially directly north of the actual number 3- you can see a darker hut with a clear triangular rooftop. I think there is a small desert village located inside of this area, and I think it is a desert rather than a ground zero. Here is a screenshot of this desert. People can be seen standing around, which brings credibility to the idea this area is clearly an inhabited area. The less-concrete sand path seen in this picture seems to infer this is taken father into the landscape.
Moving north, to area 5, I see a small clearing, with a house on a right side, and some other object on the left. That object almost looks like a tree or a strange building, but also looks to me like it could be a Meteor, and the clearing is a crater. Another personal guess, and my favorite, is that this whole section is actually a dormant volcano. If you look at all the rock in the area, ESPECIALLY on right right, it looks as if it is "flowing outward" from that crater area, which would possibly be the filled in opening from the volcano. Past Volcanic Eruptions would provide lots of Igneous and Metamorphic Rock that would be great for mining, supporting some of my past theories. The idea of a volcano in the area also supports the idea of exactly why there is a desert there in the first place, as the former volcano may have made the area very hot- especially if there is still some lava underneath the land, which could heat up the land and make having any major plantlife improbable- especially if lava was continuously killing most plants. The irregular heating of the ground would also cause lots of winds, providing explanation for the secluded sandstorm. I always thought that this was the same reason that Hoenn had a deesrt & sandstorm- because of the irregular heating of the area. And when you compare it, it actually makes sense.
Another object I wanted to point out wold be at point four, on the east side of the desert. The object here looks odly rectangular, almost like an artificial temple. Any more, I cannot say, as I don't particularly have anything to go on, but that area does look specifically notable.
One last area I'd like to point out is in the top-center of the Eastern Half. I didn't number this area, as I only noticed it while writing this horrendously long post, but does anyone else see additional caves in the rock, or possibly some other structures in the top right corner?

Well, anyway, that's all I have to say.
I hope everybody doesn't skip this and I get at least SOME replies.

Last edited:
i'm thinking that place immediatly north of the desert is a theme park or something since i see a tilt-a-whirl. hopefully that's just part of Isshu sotherwise this would be the smallest region yet. and i'm thinking there won't be that many water routes but hopefully more than Sinnoh. on either side of the pokeball park place there are bridges in the river but the one on the right there's nowhere to go except right into the side of a mountain so unless there's an unseeable entrance or a smashable wall(great way to include rock smash) we've got ourselves a deadend for the first time ever. i sure hope Huin isn't the only city city cause we don't need more cities the size of a town or smaller than a town city.

on either side of the pokeball park place there are bridges in the river but the one on the right there's nowhere to go except right into the side of a mountain so unless there's an unseeable entrance or a smashable wall(great way to include rock smash) we've got ourselves a deadend for the first time ever.
Actually, I think you're on to something there.
When I looked at it, I saw a whole network of paths going on in that mountain.
Though on the other hand, I may just be seeing thing that aren't really there
zoomrightmountains.png

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3139/isshulargecut.png
RED- what is that?
PINK- is it me or is something there?
BLUE- maybe it isn't something relevant, but that part of the forest is different
PURPLE- i don´t know if someone notice, but that town or city is half dark and half blue, with the dark castel in the midle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To start things off... Here's a Large Isshu Map for everyone.:
isshulargecut.png

look, could you do that with the other map? that is on 1st page, that have the possible starting town and other towns
then we could make more progress, i think

I think I might be seeing things too but, here I go:

1)To the right of the Pink Ferris wheel like thing, it looks like there's an entrance to a forest, that's circular.

2)Right next to that castle(?) in the top center, if you look left, there's this little mound with a hole that is coming up out of the forest.

3)The oceans. Notice the dark blue to the south and southwest? I think we have a return of Dive....New pokemon could lurk there...

4) Those two tree covered islands southwest of Hiun: They have to be there for some reason.

5)Lastly for now, see that mountain entrance on the left of the region? Go left to the edge of the map and there's this closed entrance with a glow around it. And a path that leads to it.

MrForest those two islands could just be there for artistic reasons. Hoenn had loads of islands and we didn't go to all of them same goes for those two tiny islands off of Sinnoh.

i took a second look at the map and this is definatly not the whole thing since if you look at the forest to the east of Hiun there is a path going offscreen. for some reason i'm thinking there might also be something to the west.

MrForest those two islands could just be there for artistic reasons. Hoenn had loads of islands and we didn't go to all of them same goes for those two tiny islands off of Sinnoh.

i took a second look at the map and this is definatly not the whole thing since if you look at the forest to the east of Hiun there is a path going offscreen. for some reason i'm thinking there might also be something to the west.

and there is for east and west, you can see it that map in the coro coro

Back
Top Bottom