• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: The Magical Resistance (Epilogue Posted!) Finished... (TEEN)

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 36 Posted)

Chapter 37: Of A Training Day with Hector

Kane opened his eyes, and did not see Mage to his left, where he slept, but instead saw him to his right, on a log, waiting for Kane to get up. Kane rubbed his eyes, the tiredness gradually leaving him to peace, and he noticed two things: First, there was something that looked like a flesh-and-bone Quartolf next to Mage, and Mage had a thing around his neck that looked like a little flat diamond. Kane assumed that it was simply an interesting rock Mage had found, but the jackal-thing was another question.

While stretching, Kane asked, “Mage… why is there a jackal next to you? I thought you liked to keep to yourself like an old Shaglie.” Mage chuckled, with Sohan staring at Kane as if he was not so smart.

“Kane, this is Sohan. He was just wandering the woods, and most people know that Chronokals are good pets to Time Magicians, like me. Now come on and get your breakfast. Hector will be here soon, and I don’t want him to wait. He is rather impatient, and he gets more and more like a hungry Flamitherer waiting to strike the more he waits.” Mage explained. He then brought out a little box of food from his satchel. It was a wonder how he kept it organized. He handed the box to Kane, and inside was a small Leieat pancake, mixed in with Hourberries and a small bottle of Zapaya sauce next to it. There was even Kramon Bacon on the side.

Kane eyed the cake hungrily, and with a flick of his right wrist, a clump of dirt was pulled from the ground, and it was formed into a solid fork. He even made a plate from the clump, and soon, he was wolfing down the meal with dirt. Interesting traditions, the Disciples of Bouldrien have. After several minutes, the plate was cleaned by Kane, and e was pumped and ready for learning. “That was a great breakfast Mage! How did you make that? I thought you didn’t really know how to cook.” Kane stated. Mage shrugged, and looked at a little book that was on his lap.

“Its a little wonder one can do if you have Time Magic, rations, and a little book from Reicha. But don’t expect meals like that every day, we need to keep moving, and I won’t want to stop time much. It really gets me concerned if those Spy-Bots are gazing around in the sky.” Mage explained. Kane understood, and within a few moments, there was a great flash of light, and the familiar crimson hair of Hector was visible.

“About time I came back! I was ready to teach you right from the get-go, but Jeremaeus wanted me to get ready. Are you ready Kane?” Hector exclaimed. Kane readied himself into a defensive stance. Right when Hector was going to demonstrate, he gave a wide-eyed look, as if he forgot something, then remembered it. “Whoops, almost forgot. First, you need to have a special enchantment to keep you from getting burns. Rule for newbies. This’ll sting a bit.” Hector stated, while making movements with his hand. He then pressed down hard on Kane’s head, there was a bit of a smell of fire, and Kane, giving a short cry of pain, felt his head, making sure nothing was broken. Hector, now satisfied, explained further, “ Alright, now that you are all safe, it is time to start with the basics. Fire comes from the heat made from rubbing things together, so for the magic to work, you need to have the dust rub with the other dust floating in the air, so it will ignite, and whammo! You got fiery fists! Now, just focus on something hot, and punch the air.”

Kane thought of the fire in his old home, beneath the surface of Magika before, and when he gave a good, but weak, punch, a small flame appeared, surrounding his balled up hand. Surprised, Kane jumped back, almost running into Mage, who was a spectator. Hector was pleased.

“Alright, you got the Fire! You did well for your first try! Most Apprentices have to take several punches before they get a spark! Now, do a few more, this time, think of something a bit warmer, like an inferno or something!” Hector yelled.And so they practiced, with Kane growing ever closer to the day in which he must face Darcius once and for all.

~~~~

In the Resistance base of Zapasia, Erian was busy training with the other recruits, who were all much bigger and beefier than him. He stood listening to the instructor’s commands, wondering when the actual session would begin, and his thoughts drifted to General Darien. Why was he so concerned in the well-being of Magika. Besides the fact he was the general of the Magikal Police of old, he had a purpose in mind besides Shadien. There was some drive focused in Darien that none of the other soldiers had.

While pondering, he was smacked across the head to get attention. He fell to the ground, and the other trainees laughed. They even made snarky remarks, all involving that maybe he should have stayed as a librarian. When they were calmed down by the strict instructor, they practiced against some training dummies with their magic. Erian simply stood there, watching the other trainees. Will he even make a difference in the fight?

~~~~

Back in the Vigil, there were measures underway to ensure the survival of the Corrupted. With the 300 souls, there was a lot to make sure that the small force of Corrjudges would be adequate for the small population of Magikans left. Corrjudges are the special select few of Magika that gave judgement in Magika, particularly on whether or not a Magikan is Corrupt. The 30, 500 left living in the world altogether posed a particular problem, especially since the few Corrupted had very short life spans, about a decade or so after Corruption. Only the elite elected by Shadien himself lived for about 300 years. Darcius needed all of the Corrupted he could get.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 37 Posted)

Chapter 38: Of the True Prophecy

In the Vigil, Krain was busy just simply relaxing in the last library in the world, the Gargantuan Complex of Knowledge, named so by General Vason. The ceiling reached all the way to Darcius’ chambers, and it was packed full of all of the books taken from the Conquest. The room was dimly lit, with only the glow from soft Lowoak in the lamps, and there were rows upon rows of small pamphlets, to large tomes. Krain enjoyed the quietness of this area, as no one visited this room anymore, since all of the scholars had long left.

He was simply lounging on one of the desks when he noticed a scroll on the floor. Thinking of the carelessness of the assistants, who kept the dust and mold away, he went up from his seat, and read the scroll. He then saw the one scroll that was thought to be lost to history: The Prophecy of the Shadow Core. Ecstatic to finally discover it, he went back to the desk he was previously sitting at, and changed his left hand into a magnifying glass, carefully studying the small text.

He knew almost all of the details, and it simply told of the bout of resurrecting the Shadow Core, and the need of the new Wizard learning all of the remaining pure magics, and defeating the leader of Shadow before the Day of Sacrifice. He almost went to put it back onto a shelf, but he then noticed a smudge on the number 300, which was the number of souls necessary to sacrifice.Taking a closer look, he wiped away the smudge, and discovered that the number was 30,000, not 300. Stunned by the sheer number, he rushed back to the Chamber of Onyx, needing to alert Darcius. WHen he reached the melancholy room,he wheezed his message.

“Lord Darcius- *heave* - I have terrible- *heave* news! The Prophecy- *heave* -was tampered! We need- *heave* 30,000 souls! Ugh…” Krain exclaimed before passing out onto the stone. Darcius, taking in the information, suddenly rose up from his seat, and slammed his staff on to the floor a foot away from Krain, electricity surging from it, and roared with a ferocity only he could achieve:

“JEREMAEUS!!!” He then proceeded to talk to himself on how he could possibly get enough from the Resistance. I feel sorry for him now. I did tamper with it so I could fool him ,and to also lower the feeling of hopelessness from the Guild when I first told them. Maybe I should not have done that… anyway, Darcius was blurting out all of the possibilities, when a thought came into his head. He knew that it would not be suicide, but simply a lowering of the population. He dragged Krain back to his feet by lifting him up by his eyebrows, which were still a foot long, and with a squeal of pain, Krain came back to consciousness. “Krain, tell me, what would we need if we kill all but 500 of the population?” Darcius asked.

Krain fiddled with his fingers doing math, thinking hard with his scientific mind. When he had an answer, he saw why Lord Darcius was no longer concerned. “Well, there would be an enormous abundance of food, so we could be living for years without even the slightest decrease, margining for the magical enchantments. In fact, we would live like kings if we killed them off. But how can we sacrifice that sheer amount of people in a single day?” Krain asked. Darcius smiled under his hood, gleefully thinking of their most dastardly weapon.

Darcius then stated, “Easy Krain. We just lock them in a magically resistant room, and launch a little creation of yours into it. The same weapon which ruined Timezonia. An Oilic Bomb.”

~~~~

After this little discovery, there was a frantic herding of peasants and miners, all throughout Magika. They would be given little rations, just enough to keep them alive until the Day of Sacrifice. After two months or so, almost all of Magika would be empty of Magikans. I would suppose that Darcius had forgotten the Resistance, as there was no resources devoted to defeating them. The peasants he captured would suffice. The Resistance is thinking of a plan to overcome Darcius however.

In the office of General Darien, plans were being discussed as to how Shadowtropolis will be invaded. Their forces were enough, but the staging of the battle was simply too dangerous. The troops needed a safe way into the city, and while the matter was being discussed, Erian walked into the room, and all talk stopped. He cleared his throat, wanting to speak.

“Um, General Darien, I think I have a plan. What if we, you know, just let the troops be captured by Shadow Bots, like they are doing now. But, we have Infinite-Space pockets sewn into jackets they could wear. Then, when they are imprisoned, they could start a jailbreak, and the invasion itself?” Erian asked. The board of war listened well, and suddenly it clicked. General Darien ordered to find all of the satchels they could find with Infinite-Space in them, and sew them onto coats. He gave an approving look to Erian, and motioned to him to leave while they discussed complications. Erian, now settled, went back into his quarters in the vast underground complex. Erian, tired from his daily work, went to sleep, knowing that all will be well.

~~~~

In preparation for these next few entries of mine, I would now like to explain, in brief but detailed information, on how Kane becomes a fully fledged Wizard. This tome is reaching its end, and in the next seven chapters, all must be explained and Kane trained. Forgive me if I missed something. I, Jeremaeus, the Seer of the Hole in the Sky, cannot see all, especially with Imps. Speaking of which Phil is again ruffling the pages of a recipe book, wondering which page is good to eat. Excuse me… PHIL!! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU THAT COOKBOOKS ARE USED TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE FOOD, NOT TO MAKE FOOD FROM THE BOOK!!

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 38 Posted)

Chapter 39: Of Learning When to Stop

After a long day of work with Hector, Kane fell asleep on the floor, with only his cloak as a sheet. The night was quiet, unlike most everywhere else. The Tik-Toks were hooting, as they had found a delicious traveler who had happened to had passed by. Mage had always enjoyed a delightful hoot from a Tik-Tok, and when he was young, he had wanted one as a pet. But his adopted parents never got him one, as they were very hard to tame, and Tik-Toks were only happy after a full meal. Anyway, he listened to the hooting, and while Kane slept, Mage studied the small amulet he retrieved from the Temporal Tower.

It was a strange thing. It was an orb of sorts, except that it had faces all throughout it. As in, geometric faces. It always gave a soft blue glow, and instead of a necklace drilled through it, there was a golden cage-like casing around it. He studied it, feeling like it was familiar in some way. After several more minutes, he went back around to the orb on top of the Staff of Timien, the Orb of Purification to be exact. How could a clear ball purify a Corrupted soul?

Eventually however, Mage drifted off to sleep. He put the Staff back next to him, and with the magical warmth it gave, he dozed off. The next morning, he went to gather more food, and he noticed that on the trail next to the forest, there were Shadow-Bots on the march. He crept down, attempting to stay hidden, wondering what was going on.

There were about twenty or so, and they were headed towards a small village. Mage slowly crept out of the forest outline to see what they were going there for. The Shadow-Bots then lay waste to the village, and in a cage they had brought with them, imprisoned the unlearned peasant, who had no magic to help them. Mage fought the urge to help them, knowing that he would risk the exposure of him and Kane if they lingered. He ran back to the small camp, and shook Kane up.

While waking him up, Mage quietly yelled, “Kane. Kane! Wake up! We need to move!” Kane slowly opened his eyes, rubbing them with is hands, and finally shoved away the light brown hair that was bothering him. He yawned, and looked at Mage as if he was confused at what was really happening.

“Ah, Mage. Quit fooling with me. I know that all of those bots are at Shadow-urk” Kane spoke, before his mouth was covered up by Mage’s hand. Mage then pointed over to the trail, and lo and behold, there was a squad of Shadow-Bots carrying a cage to a Aerocle, a vehicle that traveled through the air. Kane was shocked, and he was just about to go over there when Mage stopped him. He shook his head, and the Aerocle took off with the villagers, leaving behind a desecrated town. Kane turned to Mage with a somewhat annoyed look.

“Mage, why couldn’t we have helped them? They needed help, and they were being taken to be Corrupted! Why?” Kane questioned. Mage just looked down and sighed.

“If we had helped them, we would have prevented a few people from being Corrupted. But Darcius would have known that we had destroyed the bots, as from what surveillance discovered during my time working with the Resistance, they have small cameras that send images to him. They would know that the Wizard and the Last Timezonian had survived. That would blow our cover, and ruin our chance to train you to become a true Wizard. Understand?” Mage explained. Kane looked up at Mage, and with a saddened look, he nodded his head.

There were many instances like this during the month. Days came and passed with Mage, Kane, and Sohan, who was mysteriously gone for that instance and mysteriously reappeared, that involved entire villages being taken. So they traveled until, through lessons with Hector, Kane had finally become a Sorceror of Fire. His next lessons would be with Felicia and her knowledge of Air. He was even given special Fluff Shrub clothing to channel Air through, and so they went. In this next chapter, we will see a lesson with the Master of Air.

~~~~

I went up from my seat, and walked to the Hole in the Sky, looking down on the machinic landscape of Shadowtropolis. The people were all being taken to beneath the Vigil to be Corrupterized, and then stored for the Day of Sacrifice. I need to suggest to the Cores to make the CorrJudges immortal beings, and incorruptible themselves, as they were partially why Magika fell into chaos.

When Magika was becoming as Corrupt as the Shadow World, the CorrJudges were disappearing. There were fourteen of them, two from each element, and they were supposedly protected from Corruption. But that doesn’t make them immortal. They were slowly killed off, and without their authority, the Corrupted could not be sent down to the Shadow World.

The CorrJudges were the only beings to truly determine if someone is good or evil. They were elected individuals given this ability by the previous judge, and so on. But, once they were killed off, the gift was lost, and without that gift, the Corrupted ran rampant. In a sneaky fashion, Darcius attempts to make his own CorrJudges, but it always fails.

If I had simply suggested that before all of them were killed, none of this might have happened. But I spoke too late, and this chaos ensued.

Reicha was cooking, Claire was inventing, Simone was punishing the Imps, Brock was eating, Felicia was reading up on Air Magic, and Hector was testing himself against the training dummies. We are in a time of war, and we are doing what we can to help the truly good side. If only I could come down to help my son and Kane. If only I could destroy Darcius myself. But if I do, the history that must occur will never happen.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 39 Posted)

Chapter 40: Of a Discovery Made

In the Onyx Chamber, there is a rather strange disturbance. Darcius was simply enjoying his Cacto Tea when he was rudely bothered by an unexpected guest. There was a sharp crack of lightning, and then a figure came crashing through the window. The tattered shoes beat against the floor as the glowing figure came closer to the throne. Darcius recognized him as Voltan, leader of the Sorbents, and was quite surprised that he survived the explosion that Krain detonated. The Sorbent came as close as a few inches to Darcius, his dirtied body becoming all the more clear.

The Sorbent then roared tiredly, “Lord Darcius, I am sorry about the commotion that I caused, considering it is your tea time. I was just wanting to see your little Box of Glass,to see if someone is living in this world.” Darcius, with him smelling the stink of Voltan’s breath, stood up with indignance.

“Just who do you think you are, Voltan? Coming into my home, ruining my time, and then asking for an artifact I had stolen from my own brother’s hands! I ought to kill you right now!” Darcius roared back. His staff, which miraculously appeared in his hand, then was humming with magical energy, ready for the first strike. Voltan then backed away, holding up his hand in truce, wanting an agreement. Darcius, remaining ready for a battle, sat back down, and watched intently as Voltan pleaded his case.

“Lord Darcius, I mean no harm, only to the person I believe destroyed my kind. The Last Timezonian, Mage. I just want to see if I can find him with the Box.” Voltan explained. Darcius, now rather confused, was now unsure if Krain did eliminate Mage and Kane. He touched the top of his staff, a dark crystal of sorts, and with a brief flash of darkness, a window opened, revealing all of the different artifacts that he had collected, which were all but the Time artifacts, the Shocking Cube, and the Box of Life.

Darcius plucked the Box of Glass from this void, and afterwards, the window closed, hiding the artifacts once more. He handed the Box to Voltan, and with pleasure, he closed his eyes, and with lightning arcing off of his hands, the Box gave a crystal clear view of Magika, with the scope as far out as it could go, which was the entire planet. He then zoomed in, and whizzed the image in the box throughout the world, whizzing by Flamerica, and then going past Oceana. He scanned through all of the continents, saving Breeza for last. When he passed by, he found nothing. Darcius was now more furious at this failure, but, risking his life, Voltan searched through Breeza again, feeling an odd presence.

Darcius, now more impatient, implied with an annoyed sneer, “You are trying my patience Voltan. If you are not out of here in two minutes, I will make sure that you get your revenge on Mage in the afterlife!” Voltan, frantically looking, saw a grey cloak of a person. Now sure it was Mage, he zoomed back to the cloak, and lo and behold, it was my dear son, watching Kane as he learnt from Felicia. Voltan smiled with dark retribution.

“Now you will pay for what happened to my kind, Mage.” Voltan stated. But, just before he could leave, Darcius stabbed right through Voltan with the staff, and with an amazed look, he attempted to use his magic, but could not. Darcius, with a calm expression,pulled out his staff effortlessly, and the crystal which held the artifacts now had a Magik Stone on top of it, which was absorbed into the dark. Darcius, under the hood, gave a look of pity to Voltan.

“What a shame, that a Sorbent can’t use his magic. You know, I hate dead weight,so I suggest you go through the window from where you came.’ Darcius calmly stated. Voltan was about to angrily reply, but with the end of the staff aiming at his heart, he unwillingly obeyed. He walked slowly over to the sill where the window was, clutching his wounded chest, and, looking back at Darcius, he jumped over the railing, secretly hoping that he could turn into lightning. He instead fell and fell, and with the intense speed, combined with the fact that all of his magic was leaking out of his body, he glowed brighter, and brighter, until he was just a ball of light. Just before he hit the ground, which was infested with dirty Sprats, he exploded, the magical energy now giving way back into the world. Darcius was now looking over the railing, now giving a sneer under his hood. He then walked back to his throne, at first wanting to give Krain a good punishment, but letting it slide. He needed to devote his forces to capturing the only thing to ruin his reunion.

~~~~

As was said before, Mage was watching Felicia and Kane practice with each other. Kane was merely a beginner, and he was having a hard time staying stable in the air, while Felicia could fly a loop twice.

“Air Magic requires a calm head and body to master, or else the storms could come from within. These storms disrupt your patterns of flying and sending bursts of solid wind towards the opponent. Keep calm Kane.” Felicia calmly stated while watching Kane move his hands wildly to keep balance.

“Easy for you to say! You were born and raised on a flying city, while I had lived on the ground for most of my life!” Kane replied frantically. Eventually, he just fell down to the ground to rejuvenate himself. Ha, I remember when I was training myself to be an Air Mage, and it was a life of bumps and bruises if you didn’t adapt your air legs. But once you do, life is but a breeze!

Mage watched with a slight smile, but it soon faded. He was now sitting on a stump in the Breezan plains, with the floating city of Graolea floating above their heads, which was now also emptied of life. Sohan was discomforted by the silence in the plains, as there was normally Zephacrows squawking in the sky above, so he just huddled against Mage, who was giving him comforting rubs. “When will this world ever be like it was’, thought Mage. I wonder the same too, my son.

A day or so after this training session, Shadow Bots were on the move, this time searching for something, or someone. There were many close encounters today, some of which were detected by Sohan, and throughout this month, Kane had finally learned Air Magic to where he could be an Air Sorceror, beating Felicia only 4 months away from the Day of Sacrifice. With over half of the magics fulfilled, what else will lie in story for Kane and Mage? Who knows, and the next magic is the art of long range, Lightning. Claire will come down next as a Master of Teaching, and hopefully will do well.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 40 Posted)

Chapter 41: Of the Wishes of the Generals

Three months after the events down in the Shadow World, Vason was now reeling in villagers by the hundreds, needing the 30,000 to resurrect Shadien. It was a simple job of aiming a gun at the people and letting the Shadow Bots herding them into cages, so he needed no motivation from Krain, who was making very good progress with the Tower of Regeneration. But in this monotonous way of current life, he began thinking whether or not he would take the chance to not be Corrupted anymore, if he had it.

Vason had always wanted to lead a simple life of living in the fields of Terra Firma, farming his life away with magic, and dealing with good intentions towards other people. But he unfortunately made not-so-smart choices after he was booted out of his home, and was sent down to the Shadow World when the Corruption became clear, which was when he skin turned grey, and Shadow Dust attached to his Magik Stone instead of Earth. He was rather distraught at this instance, but he met Krain and grew to like his life as a Corrupted, but he wanted his dream to come true some day.

While thinking of this, he thought of Krain, wondering if he ever thought of this. After the Magikans were loaded into the Aerocle, he sat down, and with his Viewer, he contacted Krain. After several moments, Krain’s huge eyebrows and skinny face came into view, with the construction project making a lot of background noise.

“What is it Vason! I am quite busy right now!” Krain questioned, yelling so Vason could hear. With some difficulty, Vason made out what he said. Covering his mouth so the Magikans wouldn’t hear him,Vason spoke to Krain.

“Well, Krain. I was wondering something. Now that we have the job nearly done and all, I was thinking of what would happen if you ever had the chance to never be Corrupted again. Would you have taken it, and if you did,what would you do?” Vason asked.Krain stood quiet in the construction area, and after several moments, he turned the Viewer off, leaving a blank screen for Vason. Vason, now curious, attempted to call again, but he was ignored. He just shrugged, and waited till he got there to ask.

Krain left the area, and he walked into a nearby building, which used to be a lovely home in the golden age of Magika, before Shadowtropolis replaced Magitol, the true capital of Magika. Now the building was a ruined thing, with small remnants of a home left in it. Krain examined the area, and noticed a small picture of a happy family in the ruins. Krain picked it up, and discovered that it was himself, with average eyebrows instead of long ones. And he had his wife, Zoet, and his boy, Jonin, next to him.

Krain then cried, wondering why he had ever killed the leader of that district. He supposed it was jealousy, but then it was realized that he wanted to have a better position in life to support his family. He was in poverty, and after that murder, he was sent down to the Shadow World, and without even a word to his beloved family. If he had the chance, he would try to find the descendants of Jonin, and make up for that terrible day he left his son.
Suddenly, his Viewer rang again, this time it was from Darcius. Krain wiped away his tears, and hidden the photo, and picked up the Viewer, with Darcius’ hooded face appearing on the screen.

“Krain, there is an urgent change of plan. I need you to go to Zapasia again to search with a familiar foe: Mage the Timezonian”

~~~~

After becoming an Air Sorceror, Kane made his way to Zapasia once more, with Mage of course. They were in another area of Zapasia however, next to the capital, called Thunhaven, which was also now empty of any Magikan. But it was a perfect hiding place while he learned from Claire. Speaking of which here she comes now, in a flash of light.

Mage was simply studying the area, now realizing how much the world was affected by the lack of Magikans. It didn’t even feel the same as it did when all of the plants and creatures were gone. There was nothing to control the wild dust spreading around,and it became more noticeable when he saw small piles of dust gathering on the ground. Amazing, considering that it doesn’t usually appear to the naked eye.

While studying, there was a flash of light behind him, and Claire was there. She was just as messy as usual, possibly inventing something new for me to use. I think she was inventing something to heat up my cold SplashApple pie… delicious. Erm, sorry.

Claire walked up to Mage, and said with a wave of her hand, “It so good to see you Mage! It’s been months since we last spoke. Where is Kane?” Mage said his welcome as well, and pointed over towards an abandoned warehouse, which Sohan was inspecting as a good place to do some business. Inside, after Claire had walked in, Kane was looking at the strange equipment which was used to create MagiTek of all sorts in its heyday.

“You know, this place used to be the capital of all the warehouses.” Claire just commented. Kane hadn’t noticed her, so he jumped and knocked over a mechanical arm, which stood dormant.

“You spooked me Claire! How does everyone seem to do that?” Kane exclaimed. While getting himself up, Mage walked in, and noticed that Claire was giggling a bit.

“Simple, Kane. You are nervous about what will come after all of this training. Believe me, I was nervous for the Sorceror Trials wen I was your age. But you have something a bit bigger than that to do.” Mage explained. Kane, after brushing himself of the dust, looked over at Mage and then looked down to the floor.

“Why does the world expect so much of an eleven-year-old! Jeremaeus was a Mage of all the magics, and he just barely defeated Shadien! I’m just a Sorceror of each, and who knows how powerful Darcius is!” Kane exclaimed. Mage, having no answer, simply walked outside with Sohan at his side, and simply soothed his pet’s agitation. Sohan had seen a glimpse of the future, and knew what would come to pass.

With Mage away, Claire wanted to focus on teaching Kane what there is to be a Lightning Magician. “Alright, let’s get that sadness out of the way and move on to more important matters, like how to conduct lightning. First, you point your fingers to the ground and…” Claire explained, and continuing to. I wonder now, is it wise to leave the fate of Magika to such a kid?

Please excuse what I said about these chapters being solely about Kane. Our intrepid villains are as entertaining to know, yes?

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 41 Posted)

Chapter 42: Of a Traitor in the Midst

In the Resistance HQ, there was a new project almost finished. Erian was gleefuly putting the finishing touches on it in the hidden factory, especially as he was the one who thought of it. After a month of training, he had overheard that a new vehicle was needing to be created to cross the sea separating the Shadowlands from Zapasia, and it also had to be capable of crossing land. Aerocles were out of the question, as there weren’t enough Air Magicians to command them to meet with the soldiers. After suggesting to make a drilling machine with a boatlike hull, and a propelling device that needed only Fire Magic, they took him as a scientist. Now the final of twenty vehicles is finished, with their height and weight being a Plowff, which was about twenty feet wide and long.

The plan was to transport these soldiers to the coast, and let themselves be captured by the Allegiance. After being taken to custody, they would bring out their weapons which they had hidden, and cause a massive jailbreak. Darcius has shown that he is not willing to Corrupt them quite yet so they can be at their peak. Then they can make their way to destroy Shadowtropolis and the cursed Tower of Regeneration. Of course there were more details, but they aren’t worth mentioning.

Erian has grown to show that he is trustworthy to be a commander in this group, and General Darien is so confident that this will work that he himself will lead the expedition in person. The Shadow Allegiance will fall in the coming months. In three months, in fact, on the Day of Sacrifice, the plan will be set, and the Resistance will be successful.

After the setting piece of the Drill-Ships was placed, Erian took a rest in his newly set room. He enjoyed being a Commander in the Resistance, and this was a long way from being a lowly librarian. But there was more to this than meets the eye. He walked from the door to not the chair but to his closet, and hidden beneath dozens of clothes lay a communication device. He picked it up among all of the pieces of fabric, and flicked the switch, waiting for someone to answer. After several moments, a dark face appeared on the screen.

“Did you construct these Drill-Ships as I requested?” the dark figure asked. Erian nodded his head to show that he had, not wanting to be caught. The dark figure then responded, “The Resistance will fall on the day they decide to send out those ships. Once they figure out that the vehicles deactivate any and all weapons, it will be too late. They will be in prison.” Erian then chuckled, and risked to talk to the imposing figure.

“Well thought of, Lord Darcius. I was originally hoping to be a key pin in the victory of the Resistance, but after your tempting offer, I couldn’t resist. So long, and see you when Shadien returns.” Erian stated. The screen went blank, and he hidden it in between his clothing once again. He relished the fact that he would live like a king when this was all over.

~~~~

After yet another long month of training, Kane was now a Lightning Sorceror. He just beaten Claire, and after Kane was awarded, Claire went back up into the Hole in the Sky. Mage watched her go as a flash of light, and now he needed to get Kane to Lifeien, where Reicha will teach Kane of her magic, then it is on to the Temporal Tower to teach him Time. What a nice plan, but even the best can be ruined.

Kane simply stared at the shiny medal that Claire had given him with the symbol of Electrien, which was a deep yellow thunderbolt. Mage walked over to behind Kane, and put his hand on his shoulder.

“You know Kane, this will be a nice journey to tell to Magika once this is over. With Darcius defeated, Shadien still dormant, and us considered a hero. Won’t you be happy?” Mage asked. Kane simply put the medal in his pocket, and looked down at the ground. He then turned around, away from Mage, with a questioning face.

“How will we know what Darcius has in store for us, Mage? He is searching for us this very instant, and how will we know what defenses he has? How?” Kane exclaimed. Before Mage could respond, there was a sudden whirring of an engine, and from the distance Krain and Vason popped up, with Vason as the cycle, and Krain having his left hand as a net launcher.

“We’ve got you now Timezonian!” Krain yelled as he was riding swiftly to them. Mage quickly acted, and in a quick movement of his hands, he attempted to teleport away. But it didn’t work. Confused, Mage quickly stared over to what was around Krain’s neck, and it was a Time Amulet, and his TIme magic wouldn’t work, not even for teleportation. With this being the only choice, Kane grabbed Mage, and he willed the earth to move under their feet, and they were moving as fast as Vason was towards them.

Krain needed to get them, and fast. They were the only thing preventing the success of their operation, and if the Wizard managed to get to Shadowtropolis with all of the magics in his little mind, then they were doomed. He brought the speed up on Vason, with the exhaust pipe on the back whirring out more sparks. Vason grew more concerned for his own safety.

“Uh, Krain, shouldn’t we slow down? I feel a bit hot, and you know what happens to Oil if it becomes hot…” Vason warned. Krain ignored the comment, and brought the speed up more. That brat can only move oh so fast.

Krain was right, as Kane can only move the earth at a certain speed, and now this high speed chase was beginning to wear on him. The Dust reserves were running low in his Magik Stone, and Vason was nearly at them. They will have their prize soon enough.

Mage was just focused on the path ahead, when he remembered what Timien had said;

“The Orb of Purification is the only thing that can purify a Corrupted Soul…” After remembering, Mage went to the back of the Earth Surf, and he aimed the Orb on his staff towards Krain and Vason. Krain was not the least bit worried, as he thought the magic wouldn’t work.

Instead of a blue light coming from the staff, it was a pure white. Krain, now shocked, couldn’t stop Vason fast enough, and in just moments, the shine became a beam, and he and Vason were struck by the Orb. Vason whizzed out of control, and launched Krain sprawling onto the ground, and himself on his side, now transformed back into his normal self. Kane looked back to see what had happened, and after a minute or so, Mage teleported them to Lifeien, the safety of the Life Continent waiting.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 42 Posted)

Chapter 43: Of the UnCorrupted

Krain suddenly woke up on the barren plains of Zapasia, the only place on the continent to not be hit by the onslaught of seeds that I had sent out. Extremely groggy, he started to stand up, but noting how weak he was, he soon fell back down. He held his head and moaned, the blow from when Vason had crashed coming back to haunt him. He then wondered where the Wizard and Timezonian had went, but gave up thinking, knowing that they were probably miles away by now. He then thought of Vason.

Now alert, he weakly dragged himself to where Vason was, who was now back to his own original form. He guessed the timer on his transformation ran out, and he noticed that Vason was unconscious. When Krain finally managed to stand up again, he turned Vason over, and was amazed at what he saw: Vason’s skin was no longer gray, but now a nice tan, his original skin tone.

With those effects noted, he looked at his right hand, and took off the glove over it. With wide eyes, he turned his hands around, and noticed that his skin was also tan, but whiter. He studied the effects, and he shifted his left hand into a scanner, which was able to detect any magical signatures. He waved it over the unconscious Transformant, and with another gasp of surprise, there was Earth Magical Dust inside his Magik Stone, unlike its empty state. He then scanned himself, and it was yet again not empty, but now filled with Lightning Magical Dust.

He then tested out his magic, the first time in years. After a simple flick of his finger, he saw a spark come from it, and laughed with glee. He was no longer Corrupted! He had to wake up Vason, but how?

With a sly grin, he sparked his fingers again, and with his arms now moved above his chest, he gave a strong jolt, and Vason came upright. He was panting, as if he had a heart-racing exercise just seconds ago.

“Krain! I was having a good old nap, involving me just riding a big cute Crystox, and you just ruined it… uh, did I say that out loud?” Vason yelled. Krain just laughed, and he held up Vason’s hand to Vason’s face.

“Vason, we’re free! We aren’t Corrupted anymore! I even checked our Stones, and they are collecting dust again! Ha ha ha!” Krain laughed. Vason squinted his eyes at his hand, and then they shot up. He then laughed just the same as Krain, and they just hugged each other out of sheer joy.

“Heh heh, yeah, and your eyebrows are normal-sized now!” Vason stated. Krain just stopped laughing, and attempted to stroke his eyebrows, which were no longer away from his head. They were two inches long just like everybody else’s, and now Vason could see Krain’s crisp green eyes. Krain was having the most amazing day of his life right now.

“The Shadow Magic did have some sort of effect on my body involving my eyebrows, but now its gone. But that concerns me even less now that I think of the horrid plan Darcius is planning.” Krain replied. He then shuddered at the thought. With his mind no longer Corrupted, he really saw the evil behind the mass genocide, and now he felt more guilty for creating the Tower of Regeneration, the Shadow Bots, and even the Corrupterizer. He had to make things right. So, with a determined look in his face, he held up his Viewer to the light, and turned it on to Darcius’ channel.

After several moments, Darcius’ hooded face came into view. “Krain, why would you call right now! Have you caught the Wizard, have you… what happened to your face?” Darcius questioned. Krain breathed in sharply.

“Darcius, thanks to some of that Mage’s magic, I realize that what we are doing is pure evil. Killing thousands of innocents just for the luxury of us? And to bring back the very thing that wanted to make us suffer? I am sorry, Lord Darcius, I will resign my position as General, and so will Vason. Am I clear?” Krain exclaimed. With shaking fury, Darcius threw the Viewer to the floor, and he shot it with a ball of lightning.The line went dead, and there was just fuzz. Krain turned towards Vason.

“Well, we have made ourselves a new enemy, and one with an army. Should we help the very person that we were attempting to capture? Krain asked. Vason smiled, and held up a remote, and clicked a button, transforming himself to a motorcycle. The remote then dropped to the ground. Krain just rolled his now visible eyes, picked up the remote, and hopped on the Vasoncycle to drive away to the Resistance headquarters, to attempt to warn the Resistance the trap they will fall to.

~~~~

Just in the instance the now Uncorrupted Generals discovered their change, Kane was recovering from that chase little by little. He had never Dirtmilled so fast before, and it drew deeply from his Magik Stone, severely weakening him. Mage had thankfully teleported them into a lush forest, filled with plenty of fruit and vegetables of all sorts. Mage was keeping Kane from shaking from fatigue, but when he had went searching for more supplies, Sohan had took his place, staying close to the shaken Wizard.

When Mage was picking some Vine Lettuce from the hanging vine, there was a sudden flash behind him, and there was Reicha, with a steaming hot bowl of ChiKramen soup, with a nice touch of Basil SpratSpice.

“I heard what had happened today from Jeremaeus, and it sounded like you needed some help. Want some soup?” Reicha asked in a concerned tone. Mage looked at Reicha with the pot, and he walked back behind her with a few balls of Vine Lettuce, with a waving motion of his hand to show her to follow him. She followed, and in a few minutes, they were with Kane, who was laying on the ground with Sohan.

Reicha put the pot on a nearby stump, and with a flick of her wrist, four bowls appeared from thin air. With another flick, there was a ladle, and she gradually poured the soup into the bowls, and gave one to each person, including Sohan. Kane was now upright with the support of a tree, and was slowly sipping the bowl.

“Jeremaeus recommended a nice bowl of soup to calm your Magik Stone and yourself, Kane. It also should help with the chill tonight.” Reicha explained. Kane just stopped sipping and nodded over to her, as of then too weak to talk. Mage knew that magic can severely weaken a person, but he never thought that it would like this.

When his bowl was finished, and what supplies he gathered were put in his Infinite-Space, he walked over to Reicha and sat down, and noticed the slight glow that was around her. He cleared his throat, and prepared what he would say.

“Kane really went speeding in Zapasia. It was amazing that he didn’t faint dead away after that, and not even Brock could go near that fast. Do you think that because of his Wizardly abilities that it was possible?” Mage asked. Kane was asleep by now, with his bowl empty and Sohan still lapping from his.

Reicha just turned towards Mage, and replied, “I guess that is what happened, but I just worry for him when he goes against Darcius in Shadowtropolis. He has an entire army there, Mage, and he has been taking those Magical Artifacts to power himself up! How can we expect Kane to defeat Darcius with just himself and you? The Hole in the Sky can’t help because of the Article of Life! What do you think?” Reicha asked. The Article of Life is the simple law that spirits can kill spirits, and bodies can kill bodies, but bodies can’t kill spirits and vice versa. This was a law created by Lifeien to prevent me from being killed again, but it needed to be the same the other way as well.

Mage didn’t give an answer, for there wasn’t anything that could help, only the cheers of myself when they stormed the fortress. What can help this?

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 43 Posted)

Chapter 44: Of a Session with Life

Over two days or so, Kane recovered from his depletion, and was up and about learning Life Magic, and the life around him. There were the Twingrovs that were the old homes of the Life Magicians, and the Vine Lettuce which produced the best tasting leaves, and also the only edible leaves.

There was a strange occurrence involving why Lowoaks do not make good firewood, but the simple answer is that once you light a stronger fire to the tree, it becomes an Infernoak, which is a tad bit more deadly.

Throughout the month, lessons were taught by Reicha involving all of the different plants and creatures in Magika, knowing what are hazardous and not, and how to influence how they act. The first time he actually manipulated something was when he wanted a Zapaya tree to bend lower for him to get the fruit, but instead of that, the root of the tree instead rose from the ground and made him able to pluck the tangy fruit with ease. Reicha was actually quite amazed at this achievement, with her first attempt having trouble even getting a Sprat to pick up a little Splashapple seed.

There were other, calmer sides to Life Magic, such as the searching for good ingredients for their other specialty: cooking. This would have been a useful skill to have in such a trip, but Kane does not have a knack for this. He thought he had found a delicious Hourberry bush in the expansive forest, but instead was a cluster of a Minute Spike sprigs, and not noticing, pricked his finger on them. For another area, he was given a test to cook a loaf of Leieat bread over a fire, but it sadly was flat and burnt after the time was up.

Okay, so Kane does not have a strongsuit for the more peaceful sides of Magic. He is very good in the aggressive areas though, as he really excelled in beating Reicha in a battle of Influence. Essentially, instead of a standard test which involves combat, the Apprentice attempts to break through the mental wall of the teacher, which was weaker than he or she would normally keep it, and make them say, “You won”. It sounds simple, but in reality it isn’t.

And in the last day of this month, the test was to begin. Kane studied all of the techniques involving the art of Influence in his mind, and Reicha thought of the perfect difficulty for this wall. It will be weaker than most walls, but it will test the apprentice as to know how influence will work.

At noon on this day, the duel was to commence. Mage sat on the right side of the camp with Sohan at his side, and Kane and Reicha stood in the center of the camp, with Kane straining his mind to break through the wall. But there is another catch to this match.

In another test to test the mental skills of the Apprentice, the teacher will send out their mental attacks on the student. It is one thing to have a good offense, but it is quite another to have a good defense.

So the day wore on with Kane standing in the center, with him sweating through the exercise. Reicha was doing the same, now knowing the brunt of a Wizard’s power. And when it was evening, with Mage snacking on a small Zapaya tart, Reicha suddenly said, “You won”.

Kane then released his hold on her, and fell to the ground. Reicha then held her hand to her head, only once ever having her mind controlled by a person. Kane had passed the test, and he was now officially a Life Sorceror, despite the fact that he had terrible cooking instincts (I don’t have that great of a sense either).

After the small awards ceremony, Reicha said her goodbyes, and the final Master of Teaching went back to the Hole in the Sky, awaiting for the day they meet again. Mage then started packing up the camp, but there was one question that buzzed in the back of Kane’s mind.

“Mage, where are we going now? Aren’t we supposed to practice in the continent that represents your Magic? Timezonia is still recovering from the Oilic Catastrophe, so how are we going to head there?” Kane asked. While sticking his sleeping bag in the Infinite-Space, Mage gave a reply:

“There is a small island off of the coast of Timezonia that we can train. It was shielded from the blast, so it should do.” Mage replied. Kane had his question answered, but he found it strange that there was an island off of the coast of Timezonia. With his lessons from Brock, he learned a lot about the geography of Magika, and there wasn’t any islands of the coast the last he had seen.

When the packing was finished, and with their meal eaten, Mage readied their transport area, which was a small circle that he would teleport to the Temporal Tower. Kane stepped in, a little nervous considering he thought that there was no island, and when Mage stepped in, Kane quickly asked:

“Are you sure that there is an island there? Brock taught me about the geography of everywhere, and not once did he mention that there was an island near Timezonia! How do you know there is even an island there?” Mage just looked down a smiled.

“Because an old friend had told me.” Mage replied. “Or at least an old identity…” Mage had thought in his head afterwards. With a quick incantation, Kane and Mage were teleported to the Temporal Tower, and when the whoosh ended, Kane opened his eyes, as they were closed during the trip, and saw the jagged, perplexing Tower. Sohan yipped excitedly, and rushed inside to see his home. Mage just laughed, and he followed soon after. Not wanting to be left behind, Kane also followed.

~~~~
Now that another month had passed, Krain was expecting to be able to get through the Resistance leadership. But his bad reputation among them kept him waiting, and even a month had passed with just this. Then, the fateful day had come in which the invasion plan would begin. The Drill-Boats were being hauled out to the open plains of Zapasia, and even the vain attempts to stop them were futile. Erian was at the back of the line, staying behind in the headquarters, not because he was not a great warrior, but because he was not wanting to be at the instance that the attack squadron would be caught.

After several more minutes, the Drill-Boats whirred their mighty tools, and with a great downward swoop, they dug into the ground, and off they went to Shadowtropolis. Krain and Vason watched helplessly, but not for much longer. Vason was transformed into a Cycle yet again ,and they gave chase to assist the doomed squadron.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 44 Posted)

Chapter 45: Of the Temporal Tower Revisited

Kane stood in awe at the massive structure on the inside. With its master home, the machines switched back to life, and the entire home was alive. The strange mechanisms that held no apparent purpose wandered around the Infinite-Space Residence, and the MagiTek that did hold a purpose went about their daily jobs, which involved cleaning windows, dusting everywhere, even cooking dinner! The man who created all of this must have been a genius to make all of this. Little did Kane know that he was the son of one(myself, of course!)

Mage seemed used to this organized chaos in the back of his mind, so he took no notice of this. Sohan also remembered, and when he was waiting at his food bowl for dinner, it was not a bot but a magical enchantment that brought his food. This place didn’t run completely on Oil after all!

The kitchen, bathroom, guestrooms, and even the Oil Pump was on the lower floor (for clarification, an Oil Pump is what creates all of the Magikal Oil for the MagiTek, and it does so by collecting Dust from the air automatically and compressing it.) There was a long line in front of the pump particularly for the reenergizing of the MagiTek, as it had been years since their recharge. But the main area of the Tower was the upper floor, which contained the Master Bedroom, study, and even a small game room. The jewel of this was the Window of Gazing, which was contained in a room chock full of magical artifacts. Mage loved this place already, as it contained all that he needed.

But it was late, and the MagiTek had already started to shut down after a busy evening. Sohan recognized this as a time to get to sleep, as the sky was growing dim. In the study, Sohan’s beloved dog bed sat, and he ran up the stairs, knocking away a little tinkertoy getting to its shelf, and settled in to sleep.

Kane had simply explored the different areas of this tower, with his particular favorite being the training area that was in the island courtyard, but he needed to know how Mage had knew about this place. So, when Mage was reading a Book of Magic in the study (probably looking for a book of teaching), Kane walked in, and while Mage was sitting in the oversized armchair, Kane cleared his throat, and caught his attention.

“What is it Kane? What do you think of the Temporal Tower? It is quite amazing, isn’t it?” Mage asked. Kane did admit silently that it was the most interesting, but bizarre, place he has seen for a while, but that was not why he came here.

“Mage, how did you know about this place? I mean, I doubt that this is a surprise, but how is it that all of those machines recognized you? It is just so strange…” Kane asked back. Mage looked down to the wooden floor, trying to think of an answer that was not too confusing.

“Well, you see, remember when we were first in Zapasia, the day we were sent from the Hole in the Sky?” Mage asked. Kane nodded his head in response. “Well, the next morning, I found Sohan with my satchel, and I followed him to this tree that he climbed up, and when e did, I discovered that it was a portal to a bush that lead here.” Kane looked up at Mage, with a puzzled look that made him question whether or not Mage was okay.

Mage just rolled his eyes. “I know it is unusual, but it is true. I encountered this tower months before, but it wasn’t nearly as active. It was slumbering, as if it was waiting for something. I followed Sohan inside, and when I followed him to the Window of Gazing, I noticed that he wanted me to hold this amulet.” Mage explained. He then held up the blue jewel that was glowing dimly around his neck. “I held it, and then this hologram appeared from it, and it said that he was Xhoen, the Last Great Sage of Time, and that I was him when he turned back is clock.” Kane just stood there in surprise.

“I know that this is all very amusing, but really? You being the new Xhoen? Everyone in Magika knows about him! The Son of Jeremaeus! So, are you..?” Kane asked. Mage just held up his hands in frustration.

“Yes, yes, yes! It is all true! I am Jeremaeus’ son, and I am the new Xhoen. When I left, I didn’t want to overwhelm you, so I kept it secret, just saying that I found Sohan in the forest, when in reality he followed me from this tower!” Mage exclaimed. Kane gave a look of somewhat distrust towards Mage. Mage then sighed from exhaustion. “I am sorry I didn’t tell you before. That’s all behind us now, isn’t it?” Mage asked. Kane at first was stubborn, but then he lightened up, and laughed.

“I forgive you Mage. This place is pretty cool, and I wouldn’t mind living here for a month. At least it has proper plumbing…” Kane added. They then both chuckled, and after several moments, they both went to their beds,with Kane taking the guest room and Mage taking the master bedroom.

Kane went right to sleep, but Mage did not. He still worried about what Kane would encounter not in the last fight, but during training. Time Magic took a calm and steady hand to control, and with Kane’s noticeable clumsiness and impatience, will Time work with him. Well, only time will tell, so with discomforting thoughts, he went to sleep.

~~~~

I stood up from my work, and paced around the Hole in the Sky, the emptiness giving me a feeling of comfort. The Masters of Teaching were fast asleep, and even the Cores dimmed down for what rest they received. I was restless, the thoughts of my seeric abilities overwhelming me. I had not gotten sleep for the past few days, because of the simple fact that all the thoughts and feelings of the Magikans that were captured have made their way into my own.

I had never known I could actually experience others’ feeling, or even see their thoughts, but I would guess that Magika is in a time where it needs someone to understand them. They all revolved around their feeling of hopelessness,as they feel they are doomed to die. It might be so, if Mage and Kane don’t act fast.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 45 Posted) 5 More!

I, the author, have an important announcement! 'The Magical Resistance' is soon approaching its glorious end, and with only 4 chapters left, as well as an epilogue, I have come to a decision: I will not stop here! This story will continue, which the name wil lbe announced when 'The Magical Resistance' is finished. Alongside it, I will release another series branching off of this one. The series of the Magical Resistance will be called "The Histories of Magika", and the smaller series will be called "The Ministories of Magika" as a play off of mini-histories of Magika. This will from now on deal with the explanations of the many strange oddities of this world. When the time comes, I will say whether you PM me for questions and ideas for the Ministories, or post them for the forums to see! For all who have stuck with me this far, I thank you. And please, continue reading. There is 4 more and an epilogue to go!

Chapter 46: Of the Methods of Time

Over the final month before the Day of Sacrifice, the Drill-Boats traveled across the newly named Magisea (named so by me), and it was a long arduous voyage to the Shadowlands. One major contributing factor was that the Boat part of these machines were extremely slow, and even if the world seemed small, it was supremely large. So, it took a month to cross the seas, and eventually, they hit land, and with excitement, the crews dug into it, and got a significant boost of speed.

It only took several more days, in the month of the DOS (Day of Sacrifice gets tiring after a while), and the city of Shadowtropolis was finally in view. It retained a constantly smoky haze in the skyline, and with the added effect of constant buzzing, it was a polluter’s dream. The most noticeable aspect of this wretched place was the enormous tower, taller than even the Vigil of Shadow, that broke through the clouds. That tower, was the Tower of Regeneration.

The squads looked up nervously at it, wondering what they could possibly to destroy it. But General Darien knew there was a way. Within several moments, they hit hard metal, and the drills had stopped.

The crews clambered out, and with their MagiTek ready, they snuck into the uninhabited ghost town. It was only through the constant release of smoke, steam, and the clanging of factories that it was not quite. Darien led the way inside, and they could smell the full pang of the horrid gases that hoarded this place.

Suddenly, alarms blared in the distance, and the clanking of Shadow Bots grew closer. The squads charged their weapons, and in several moments, they thought battle would ensue. When the Bots came, they tried shooting their magical projectiles, but the guns simply buzzed, and with several sparks, they were useless. Now needing a different type of approach, the squads tried to use their magic to destroy the bots, but when their hand movements were done, no dust was taken from the Stones.

Darcius watched from the safety of the Vigil of Shadow, laughing silently as he saw the futile attempt to destroy his plan. He was a little irked that his brother, Darien was here, but no matter. He will be dealt with later.

Darien was at risk of being captured, but a Sage cannot be captured easily. Even if the MagiTek was disabled, his Artifact was not. He brought it out from its secret hiding place, which even I will not mention, and with sparks flaring from it, he rose into the sky, and a storm ensued in the city.

The crews ran back to the Drill-Boats, so they could safely hide until the storm passed. When the Cube is active, you do not want to be around. A perfect example as to why were the fried Shadow-Bots who had been hit with the powerful Cube, and Darien continued onward to the Tower of Regeneration, to destroy the blasted thing.

Darcius was not one to give up easily. He always carries a secret weapon at his side: A Snipostol, a pistol that uses the dark force of Shadow Magic. He rarely uses it, considering that there is only a single bottle of Shadow Oil left, but it only requires a pinch to be deadly. He walked to the balcony facing the Tower, aimed straight at Darien, and out blew a single puff a dark magic, with a thorn whizzing straight for the Magik Stone.

Darien was unaware of his brother’s weapon, and in just moments, he felt a writhing pain in his back, and the electricity faded, with Darien falling to the vile roads.

In his body, Shadow Magic was making its way through the special Dust Currents the Stone pumped through, but Corruption was not the case. The Shadow Dust was instead absorbing the Lightning, and then causing a small explosion. This was not a normal malady, and this seriously destroyed Darien’s body.

In his last breaths, Darien looked up at the sky, and then Darcius came into view. “D-darcius… you… traitor to… Magika…” was Darien’s last words, and the Shocking Cube fell silent. Darcius wrenched the Artifact from his brother’s hands.

“I may be a traitor of this Magika, late brother, but I will be the bringer of the new! Take away this once great General!” Darcius roared. The undamaged Shadow Bots put the body into a junk heap, and within moments, the soldiers were dragged out of the Drill-Boats, and into the Tower of Regeneration. Inside, all of the captured citizens were awaiting their doom, as above in the ceiling, was an enormous sphere, and inside was a complicated mixture of gears and pipes, that all lead in the same basic method: From 7 chambers to one, each of the 7 holding a different oil. This was an Oilic Bomb.

~~~~

The Temporal Tower was once again a maddening work of gizmos and enchantments, all working together to keep a clean home. I wish I had these, as the Imps are as useless as ever.

Outside, however, it was silent, all except for the gently wavering sea wind. In the courtyard facing Timezonia, Mage and Kane were meditating, to feel the constant flow of the Space-Time Continuum, the blood of Timien. Mage sat in a position where his legs were criss-crossed, as was Kane. Sohan was relaxing out here as well, sleeping the day away.

“Do you feel the calmness of the gentle heartbeat? Do you feel as if there is no trouble in the world? Do you feel, as if everything will be handled, in time?” Mage calmly stated. His eyes remained closed, and Kane just moaned with approval. He was enjoying this relaxation.

Mage just simply replied, “Now feel as I tap into its almighty power, and use it to stop time in this area.” He then raised his arms into the area, and a soft blue low emanated from them. Then, a flash shined out, and all was still.

The MagiTek stood still, the enchantments had not finished their duty, and Sohan’s breathing was not noticed, or even there. Kane just simply felt a little stream start from the main river of the Continuum, and it lead to the source of the stop, which was Mage.

“We do not create the Continuum, Timien does.We just use our dust to tap into the power, like a key. This is partially why it is so difficult to learn, as the other magics actually create their element, or influence it. Shadow is an exception, as it runs on the darkness around them. We Time Magicians are able to expel any type of Corruption as the Continuum comes to us when we command it, and eliminates all that is not the Magician.” Mage explained. Ah, the joys of listening to Timezonian knowledge. It makes me feel superior, but in reality we are not.

We may feel the heartbeat of Timien, and use it to our will, but the Timezonians were sadly very few anyway. There was only about a million or so in Timezonia, and the dozen or so that trickled out of the home country. The other Magicians had several billion in their numbers, and so if they chose, they could have eliminated us. They enjoyed our inventions and wisdom, however, and kept us around. Until Darcius caused the Oilic Catastrophe, at least.

Anyway, Kane enjoyed his time with Mage, even if the first few lessons were the only peaceful ones. They were mainly about learning to tap into the Continuum, and using it to stop time. Before the changing of the Laws, this was the only technique besides time traveling, which is forbidden, and reversing the effects of Time from a person. So, Kane would be considered a Sorceror if he could freeze his teacher. But now that the Laws were changed, the battle techniques needed to be taught.

Among those techniques was the Continueam, the Chrono-Cuffs, teleportation (this was not of the usual course of Sorcerors as it was so difficult to actually teleport, but that has since changed.), Time-Pistol, and others, which will not be detailed. There was actually quite a lot of techniques that Timien had known that he could not teach to his disciples.

After the last, long month of training, Kane was finally a Sorceror of all Magics. It was finished by a precision test of all the different techniques, mainly involving target practice, and the usual test of a Time Sorceror, which, as mentioned before, was to freeze their teacher. Mage was not combating with the Continuum as much as he would normally, to keep the fairness straight, but Kane still had won.

As the two Sorcerors were celebrating, a sudden boom had echoed throughout the world. Then, the sky had darkened to a deep purple. The DOS was only a day away, and Shadien has nearly returned.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 46 Posted) Important Announcment!

Chapter 47:Of a Failed Attack

Darcius laughed maniacally in the Vigil of Shadow. The Core had pulsed once more, and tomorrow the Day of Sacrifice would be here. He needed to devote today to Corrupting all of his captured peoples, and then, tomorrow the big bang would be here. Sure, the Tower will be destroyed in the process of sacrificing all of the souls, but it will contain the blast, as well as giving just enough time to transmit the souls over to the Core.

Darcius walked down from the top of the Vigil, the left tower, mind you, and walked down the spiral staircase all the way down to the ground floor. This had given him plenty of time to ponder as to what the Wizard Kane could do. Activating Mind’s View:

Darcius had thought in his mind, “Where could that brat be? The Wizard is still out there, and can still ruin my plans to resurrect Shadien. But he can only have intermediate training, as he only had those young companions of his to train him. And I can squish him like a tiny Sprat, as I have my special Staff.

But he has Time magic, and I do not. The ultimate secret of controlling Time was killed with the Timezonians, and only the Last One can tell me. I ought to keep him alive, so he can be tortured and finally spill the Leieat. And then I will just kill him for kicks! Boy will that make Timien angry. I… why does it feel like I have my mind being spied on. Is that you Jeremaeus? Get out of my head!”

Oof! Argh, that HURT! A mental blow with a mental hammer really mentally hurts! Augh! Bleh, aw, nevermind. I really shouldn’t have used the Mind’s View. It always seems to get me hurt in the long run.

Urgh, anyway, so he went down the stairs, and thought about how he could deal with Kane (don’t expect the Mind’s View again!), and when he was at the bottom,he saw the long line of Magikans in front of his personal Corrupterizer. He smiled with darkness, and proceeded to walk to the Tower of Regeneration, to check the progress on his beloved creation.

Inside, he loved the constant fizzing, electrical anomalies, and clangs of all sorts. It really must have been hard to sleep here. Anyway, he didn’t want to have to walk up many flights of stairs, so with a tap of his staff on the ground, he was up and away, flying to the top. He spread his arms to keep balance, and within about half an hour he was at the top.

At the top, he picked up a special piece of technology that let him breathe in the thin atmosphere. Without it, he would have suffocated up in the air. So, he put it on, and then, flew out into the open sky.

On the roof, there was three things. The first was a special pedestal for the Shadow Core, where it would receive the special Life Energy. The second object was a strange tube, which connected with the pedestal I can only assume that that is what the Life Energy travels through. The Third was another pedestal, containing the Shadow Oil. It swirled and contorted in a mysterious way inside the bottle, and it manifested the uncontrollable power of Shadow.

Darcius relaxed up here, in the darkened sky. But all good things must end, so in a leap of faith, he jumped off of the tower, and fell at a soaring speed down to the ground. I really don’t know why he done so, he just wanted a bit of adrenaline I suppose.And so he fell, and at just the right moment, he flew to a hover, with the sickness slowly passing, and went straight back to the Vigil. He needed more rest, as he had a stressful last month.

~~~~

Krain and Vason had hidden themselves when the soldiers were ambushed, not wanting to fall under the same fate. There was nothing the bumbling duo could have done, and so they returned back to the Resistance HQ, and broke the bad news to the remaining soldiers. Erian was then searched for, but he had disappeared, most likely to go to Darcius for safety. The Resistance, was now futile…

~~~~

At the Temporal Tower, Mage was quickly gathering any Magical Items that could be used to stop Darcius, as was Kane. They both needed any magic they could get to eliminate the Sage of Shadow, and it was a desperate work to be powerful enough. By the time the day had come to evening, they had only found about maybe eight artifacts that could be used to enhance Kane’s abilities. All of the others had their Dust drained out. There was also another three that were alike to Mage’s, but they done nothing to enhance, so they were considered to have an undiscovered ability.

The darkened sky just made everything worse.On a particular day of the year, a Magician’s ability is greatly enhanced, sort of like a day where more dust collects than usual. The Day of Sacrifice is the Shadow Day, the day where Shadow magic is greatly enhanced. Makes sense, as Shadien would need to collect as much magic as possible to resurrect himself.

After collecting, they made their way to the courtyard, and a final discussion took place, that is, before the great fight would begin.

Kane was shaking nervously, wondering how, even with his training and enhancements, he could defeat Darcius. Suddenly, he asked, “Mage, how come you or Jeremaeus can’t fight Darcius? You’re both older, and even more experienced than I am. Why?” Mage was unsure as to why, but he gave his best answer.

“Kane, I don’t know why me or Jeremaeus can go against Darcius instead of you, but I know that if you don’t go fight Darcius, events that need to happen won’t. And besides that, the Prophecy so far has been accurate. The Shadow Cre will nearly be resurrected, Jeremaeus only helping in times of need, a collection of 7 teachers assisting you, that has so far been true. If we follow the Prophecy further, we will win!” Mage expxlained. Kane, now a little more confident, smiled, and walked into the portal zone. Mage followed, and this time, Kane used his magic to teleport, and they were off, and the last moment of peace until the Day of Sacrifice ends has come.

When the two had reached the outskirts of Shadowtropolis, there was no Shadow Bots on duty. Instead of taking their chances and dashing in, they instead hidden themselves for the night, and let the Day of Sacrifice come.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 47 Posted) Important Announcment!

OoC: Sorry for the long delay, Christmas break had locked out my Google account, which was my main area where I store the chapters. But now, let the story finish!

Chapter 48: Of The Day of Sacrifice, Part 1

The Hole in the Sky was silent. The Masters of Teaching (Hector, Claire, Felicia, Reicha, Simone, and Brock) were not sleeping, but were hiding in their rooms, listening for the ‘alright’ from me. Even the Imps were in the Hovel, shivering with fear. The Day of Sacrifice brought fear to all living things, except the Corrupted. I was scared myself, but I needed to wait for what I need to do from the Hole in the Sky. I may not be able to influence the battle, but I can influence the things around it.

~~~~

The Tower of Regeneration contained newly Corrupted citizens of Magika, who were not proud of it. They were screaming pleas, asking for mercy from Lord Darcius. But it was all for naught, as Darcius cared not for Magika but for Shadien.

The Tower was also fizzing and steaming more so than usual. The gears went faster, the tubes recoiled from pressure, and the lights flashed wildly. The systems were all getting ready for their sole purpose: to direct the energy of Spirit up to the roof, as soon as the Oilic Bomb fell. The sphere waited ominously for it to be let go, as if it was itching to kill.

Darcius strode down the immense staircase with excitement. The Wizard was still not here, and the Tower was ready to send the energy! Shadien will be resurrected!

So he went, and when he was down the stairs he saw the magnificent work do its wonders. The Tower was ready.

The self-proclaimed Lord went up the staircase on the outside of the Tower, not wanting to tangle with the Magikans. All that separated the Magikans from the outside was a heavy door after all. Anyway, he walked up the stairs,and he devilishly thought of what he will do with Shadien. There was only the entertainment he would receive from the four hundred that would not be able to join his ranks, and will torture them with his Mind Control. Especially Krain and Vason. They would make nice clowns.

He was now at the top, with his special apparatus on his face, and there awaited the Oil and the Core. The last step for the Core to be ready for sacrifices was to prime it with Shadow Oil. He walked speedily to the bottle, unstopped the cork, and poured the writhing mixture all over the Core. At first, it did nothing ,but after just a few moments, it grew, and grew to the size of all of the other Cores. It then shone with fiery brilliance, a dark one at that. Darcius felt his Magik Stone fill with dust.

Now he just needed to start the Countdown, recover the Core from the wreckage, and just give it a drop of blood. He proceeded then to press the button on the tube, and just when he did, the timer started, with two hours until the Bomb would drop.

With his job well done, he then wanted to soar off of the Tower, but he was stopped by a young man’s voice. “Darcius, you freak of nature!” it said. Darcius turned around, and saw a little boy, wearing the grey robes of a Time Magician, and with a variety of amulets around his neck.

“Ah, so you must be the little Wizard that would cause me trouble, hmm? Well, you certainly look like no Wizard, just a little boy too big for your boots. Literally.” Darcius scorned. Kane took no notice of that comment.

“Do you even realize all of the people you will kill? You have already destroyed the lives of billions of others, and now you are just going to continue that reputation? All of that, to bring back Shadien, the Shadow Dragon, the thing that wanted to send us all down to the darkest pit! Where is your mercy?” Kane stated. He wasn’t the best at speeches, so it wasn’t the most accurate.

Darcius just quivered with anger, now furious at the upstart Sorceror. “I do not care what cost it will take to bring back the only friend I have! All of my life I have been betrayed of what is rightfully mine, and now this! I will let you live if you take that back, and get out of this, weakling!” Darcius roared. His staff hummed with dark energy. The clouds turned darker, and the timer beeped after five minutes passed.

“No, I will not, Lord Farcius.” Kane spoke. He said it calmly and flatly, knowing that it was indeed the right thing. Darcius roared with fury, and he dashed towards the young Wizard, and swung his staff, letting loose a streak of lightning. Kane narrowly dodged it, but he fell off of the Tower in the process. With his flying skills, he managed to level himself, and quickly flown down to the ground. Enraged, Darcius gave chase with his own magic, and flown down as well. The final battle had begun.

~~~~

Mage was down on the ground, trying to break into the Tower while facing an onslaught of Shadow Bots. He guessed it was a security measure, but the Tower had a solid steel door. It would require more than his magic to break through. So, the next best thing was to find the key to open it. While destroying the Bots with his Chrono-cuffs (fisticuffs that use the energy of the Continuum), he made his way through the open Vigil.

It was certainly along ways up,and there was also a great many rooms. They were mostly just laboratories and occasional bedrooms, but the top held the Onyx Chamber, Darcius’ main room. It contained a solid stone throne in the center, and a small table beside it. Mage walked up to it, and there were two objects.

One was a remote of sorts, and Mage assumed. He clicked a button, and there was a great clanging of metal outside of the door. Deactivation button I suppose. He then clicked another, and the Tower’s only door sprang open, and the Magikans fled out of there. Mage wanted to Purify all of them, but there was the other object on the table.

The second was a small scroll. Mage picked it up and opened it, and discovered it was the Prophecy. During Kane’s training with Reicha, he had learned that the Resurrection of Shadien required 30,000 souls. It seemed all of what she had explained, except there was a small margin at the bottom. Mage studied it, and then stood in horror. Darcius must have discovered that it didn’t matter if the Magikans got away. There was a second method.

Mage brought the scroll with him, and ran down the immense staircase, dodging all of the downed Shadow Bots. He needed to get to Kane.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 48 Posted) Important Announcment!

Chapter 49: Of The Day of Sacrifice, Part 2

The Tower was now a thunderhead at the top of its peak. The energy of Shadien was becoming clear, and the second method was still unclear to me. Unless it was discovered by Kane, Darcius will very well have his way. The timer ticked, and the bomb was ready to blow. Only an hour and a half left.

Kane flew down the Tower at mach speed avoiding the constant fireballs that Darcius sent out. Some had hit Kane, but with only a slight burn, as they extinguished quickly in the immense speed. It was much easier to strike Darcius in this way, as when Kane sent out a little fireball towards the enemy, it would immediately zoom up to him.

The ground was soon visible, and the battling powers slowed down to avoid contact. Darcius came down a little faster, and grabbed hold of Kane. The staff was aimed right at the Magik Stone.

“Well, Little Sorceror, how powerful is your Stone exactly?” Darcius roared. Kane grunted to escape the grasp of Darcius, when they were still in the air.

“You’ll find out when you’re a spirit!” Kane angrily replied. He then sent out a surge of electricity, temporarily paralyzing Darcius. Kane then dropped to the ground, which was only a few inches away, and Earth-Surfed away. Darcius gave pursuit, although still flying.

~~~~

Mage made his way down from the Vigil, and saw the thunderhead surrounding the peak of the Tower. The Magikans were fleeing from Shadowtropolis, knowing full well the power of the Oilic Bomb. The timer continued ticking away, and Darcius paid no notice to the newly Corrupted.

The soldiers from the failed attack rallied the other Corrupted, leading them to the coast line. There lay still the Drill-Boats, and the soldiers were loading as many citizens as they could, and dropping them off on a nearby island. It was the only safe way to be sure that they won’t be hit by the bomb.

Mage knew the plan, but he could not see Kane or Darcius. It was up to him that the second method will fail. He ran into the Tower, and climbed up the immense staircase, speeding himself up with Time. Ten minutes passed, and he was even with the level of the Bomb. He walked around the bomb, seeing if there was some way to take it apart, but there was none. It was a solidly sealed sphere, and welded completely through.

With no hope of success here, he went outside, and went up to the roof, which had the thunderhead just above it. It centralized around the Shadow Core, which was roaring with its hunger. It needed the 30,000 souls, or something even worse.

Mage ran to the control panel, and saw that the timer was locked in, and there was no such switch to turn it off. He attempted with the levers and knobs, but all they did was adjust any intake of energy. But that was useless.

“My Sage will succeed with his plan, Timezonian…” A ghastly voiced heaved. Mage gasped, and searched for the source. There was no one else but him on top of the Tower. He then looked over to the Core.

“Shadien?” Mage nervously asked. The Core hummed with dark humor.

“Yes, it is I, Shadien, the Lord of the Shadow World, the only companion of Lord Darcius, Sage of Shadows. I will receive the energy necessary to live, whether it is through the Magikans, or through the Bomb, or even through the dead Sage!” The Core hacked. So that was its plan. I never known that the second method was hidden, so it must have been done by Shadien when the Prophecy was first created. The Bomb held sufficient energy by itself to resurrect the Dragon, but even a lethal sacrifice from the Sage would be enough.

Mage just stood indignant against it. “Kane will destroy Darcius soon enough. We will all see.” Mage replied. The Core simply hummed.

“Yes, yes we will see. We will see the golden era of Shadien. And if you want to be around to see it, Timezonian, then you had better get off. If you can.” Shadien commented. It was nearly impossible to now, as the Thunderhead was slowly devouring the stairs back down, and the Tower itself. Mage was no on top of a flying piece of metal, getting close to the eye of the storm.

~~~~

I stepped away from this piece of writing, needing to assist in my part. I jumped from the Hole in the Sky, and into Magika, in the Thunderhead. I searched around the raging storm, looking for Mage. I even called out his name several times.

With no luck, I flew through the Thunderhead, needing to discover my son. After just moments, I saw him, narrowly balancing on the piece of metal. I swooped down, and scooped him in my arms just before a strike of lightning hit the metal.

“Jeremaeus! You came!” Mage yelled. I just looked down and smiled. Flying was a little more difficult this way,but it can be done. I flew above the thunderhead, and landed in the Hole in the Sky.

Mage was excited to see me, but the excitement was short lived as he remembered what would happen if the Bomb exploded. “Jeremaeus, I need to deactivate the Bomb, quickly! Get me down there!” Mage cried. I just shook my head, with a scowl on my face.

“No Mage, this is something that no Magikan can do. This will require my work. So long, son.” I replied. I then dropped back down into the thunderhead, and zoomed to the Bomb. Mage cried out, and the Masters of Teaching came to see what was wrong. The timer beeped once more, marking that there was an hour left.

~~~~

Erian crawled out of the small bunker next to the Vigil, attempting to find a bathroom. There was amazingly none inside the bunker, so not wanting to go in the Vigil, he just went outside. And also relieved himself. His skin was now grey like a Corrupted, and he discovered that he could not use Water Magic. But that was fine. He just wanted his reward.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 49 Posted) 2 More...

Welcome to the grand finale! Thanks for staying with me for this far, and hopefully you will continue to, as the Epilogue is next!

I soared down through the sky, and made my way down to the Oilic Bomb, now floating in the wind. The Bomb was still ticking on the inside, and the bottles of Oils remained sealed until the gears cooperated,and let them flow into the main chamber. I landed right on top of it, but then a strike of lightning struck me, and I fell towards the ground.

Thankfully, it takes a lot more than that to kill the Seer. I flew back up to the Bomb, and landed on it again. I activated the Fire inside of me, and attempted to melt through. But my fire was useless, and only burnished the side. It was amazing how strong it was, and it must take a heat source at least a hundred times stronger than mine. Then Flamien came into mind.

~~~~

Hello, this is your friendly Quill, and I will write under the permission of Jeremaeus the events he currently is not available for, thank you!

Half an hour earlier…

Kane was now surfing (literally surfing on water) away from the now also surfing Darcius, as the Oil for his Air had nearly run dry. Kane needed to get a good strike with him,but before he could think of a plan, Darcius sent out a Shadow Hand, a tractor beam of sorts, towards Kane, and it began to drag him in. Now Kane was in the air helpless as a little Quartolf puppy.

Kane struggled to escape, and Darcius just slowly made his way back to land, so he could try to do some real beating. Kane then noted the staff. The crystal on tophad always been glowing since they began fighting, and Kane knew that it was impossible for Darcius to be a Wizard like himself. So what was that staff for?

When they were back to land, Darcius commanded the Shadow Hand back to im, and Kane was restrained under his rule. Darcius wheezed while breathing, this being the most he had exercised in years.

“You, little brat, have caused me a lot of trouble today. Now I will make sure this trouble ends.” Darcius panted out. He then raised his staff towards the sky, the crystal on top glowing further, and aimed for Kane’s Magik Stone. Kane knew what the had to do.

Kane wriggled out his hand, and inside his fist was a special amulet: An Explo-charm. You will see what this does very soon. Darcius aimed straight and true ,and slammed down the crystal in the direction of the Stone. Kane activated the charm, and flung it as best as he could towards the crystal. The charm hit the crystal, and then, BOOM!

Darcius was flung back 20 feet, and so was Kane, landing on the beach of the Shadowlands. Kane was nearly unconscious, but he barely made it through. He achedly righted himself ,his clothes badly burned, and looked over to Darcius.
Darcius was just as Kane was, only the explosion did quite a bit more damage. His clothes were in tatters, yet his cloak as unscathed, and his hood was gone, revealing his Shadowkind face, a completely black slate with cracks of light shaftin off of it. Darcius then slowly stood up, and looked at his staff. The crystal was gone.

Panicking, he searched for the crystal, although, there was only some shards left, and the Artifacts surrounded them. Darcius was even more furious than before, but he kept a calm feeling inside. His last magic required calm.

He stood up, and walked to the little Sorceror. “You know, brat, that was a smart move, destroying my crystal. Now I can only use one magic: Shadow. Let’s go for a little ride.” Darcius calmly said. He picked up Kane, and used a little charm he kept for emergency purposes to teleport to the Onyx Chamber in the Vigil of Shadow.

Once there, he plopped the boy onto the floor, receiving a grunt of discomfort, and Kane quickly got up. “Where did you bring me Farcius?” Kane yelled. Darcius just chuckled, and in the blackness of the Onyx Chamber, he melded into the Shadows, leaving behind the useless staff.

“Welcome to my home, Young Wizard. This place is called the Onyx Chamber. But now it is my key to your destruction.” Darcius’ voice echoed out. The Onyx Chamber’s windows closed, and it fell into blackness. THen, there was a magical whoosh, and Kane felt like he was teleported.

“How can this place be my doom?” Kane asked. He then lighted a small fire in his palm, but it was quickly extinguished. There was a loud laugh in response, and it surrounded all of the area.

“It is now, as when I become the Darkness, Shadow is under my complete control,and it attacks like it is a real thing. For example…” Darcius stated. Kane then felt a slap on the face, but there was no source. He searched around, feeling for any person in the area. Darcius then laughed once more. He then willed the Shadow to punch Kane, and so it did, right in the stomach. Then a flurry of them appeared, constantly beating Kane. Kane stood strong, and even if he couldn’t see his opponent, he knew he could win. Somehow...

Kane then remembered Mage’s final teaching: “When all seems dark, and the threat seems to loom all around you, call on the Continuum to help. The Continuum conquers all darkness, and will be the most powerful weapon against Shadow. Use it wisely, as when it is unleashed, it will not leave until you expel it yourself…” Mage’s voice reminisced in Kane’s mind. But now he was in extreme weakness, so would he even have the power to call the Continuum?

Darcius gave no chance for Kane to move his arms. He used the Shadow to bind him, and his mouth was covered as well. Kane was nearly finished. But Darcius needed a prize. He willed the Shadow to seep into Kane’s body, and it grabbed hold of the Magik Stone. Suddenly, Kane roared out in ecstasy.

Kane remembered the pain Magika went through. He remembered all of pain the Core’s had suffered. He remembered the pain that Jeremaeus suffered. He remembered the pain that Mage had suffered. He remembered the pain that he himself had went under. He wanted to bring that pain away,and with that yell, the Shadow stopped in its tracks, and was extinguished by the coming light from the Stone.

The Light flowed from Kane’s body, and it leaked out, pushing out the Shadow.Darcius was forced to go back into his bodied state,and so went. He then picked up the staff, and was ready to use what power was left. He never knew this day would come. The Continuum, the Lifeblood of Timien, as well as the form that the Wizard would go under when in peril, had come.

A huge armored knight stood where Kane once was, and looked down to the floor. It then looked up, revealing the blue glow coming from the visor. Kane slumbered inside, letting the Continuum do its duty.

Darcius stood frightened at the prospect of facing this glowing beast. He guarded with what little magic he had in his staff. “Y-you are the Continuum Knight! Only myths had been heard of you! You were supposedly the one who truly defeated Shadien, but your host died afterward!” Darcius yelled. But he then calmed down. He then vilely smiled. “But I have the exact powers that Shadien had, as now he lends me his power for support. Fear for yourself, brat!” Darcius yelled. Then, the darkness surrounded him, and he was in a swirling mass of confusion, in a wind of Shadow. But it then settled into the form of a knight as well, this time a much bigger eviler form than the Continuum. The visor of the Shade Warrior glowed with purple brilliance, and the wide sword in it’s hand emanated a haze of Shadow.

The Continuum said nothing, but it raised its glowing gauntlet, and out came a strange weapon of sorts: A staff on on one side, and on the other end of a chain lay a glowing sword. The Knight grabbed hold of the sword with its right hand, and the staff on the left. The two beings then charged forward, the metal clanking on the stone floor. When their weapons met, there shined a white light, and the Vigil exploded.

~~~~

Tick, tock, tick, tock. So went the little timer in the thunderhead. There was 10 minutes left, and still I could not break into the Oilic Bomb. I had been calling on the power of Flamien, hoping that the almighty flames could come. But they had not come. So, in desperate need, I used Time to forcefully move the heavy bomb into the Hole in the Sky. The way opened, and with a look of shock, the Masters of Teaching and Mage stood surprised.

The Cores then shook with fury, and the holograms of the Dragons came into view. “How DARE you Jeremaeus! We had already lent you my power once, but no more! The flame is too dangerous!” Flamien’s hologram roared. What an outrage and what stubbornness.

“Don’t you get it? The Oilic Bomb only has ten minutes before the fireworks start, and all you worry about is how dangerous your magic is? This thing will bring back Shadien unless we use your magic! Now give it here!” I yelled. Although annoyed at this tone, Flamien glowed, and his magic temporarily mixed with mine. I felt the rage course through me yet again.

Wanting to get this done quickly, I focused all of the power towards one spot in the hull of the mechanism. Slowly, but surely, it melted down, and in several more minutes, the center was breached. I quickly stopped the power, with Flamien taking it back, and went about figuring out how to deactivate the sequence.

The center was actually quite small, only about a foot in diameter, and the bottles were little larger than an inch. But all of the mechanisms were closely connected, and if even one thing was done wrong, it was game over for the Hole in the Sky.

I used all of my knowledge to figure the cursed thing out,and when only two minutes were left, inspiration lept in. I stuck my hand in the mechanism, resulting in the gasps of my peers, and froze the gears solid. Of course, I quickly took my hand out when the process began. It slowly froze, and in time, the entire center was frozen. The timer stuck at five seconds.

I let out my pent up air. That was a close one. I carefully grabbed each of the little bottles of Oil, and laid them on the floor. Who knew that such a tiny amount of material could be so destructive?

Just as I finished, an alarm blared in the Hole in the Sky. It was an ominous siren, and I knew it only meant one thing: The Continuum Knight had returned. I sprinted to the Hole, and discovered that the Vigil had exploded in a shine of light. When I zoomed in, there was nothing there, just rubble. I knew that the Knight would not be that easy to defeat, so where was he?

~~~~

This is an account from the survivor of this outcome. I will not detail who it was quite yet…

At first, there was just the whoosh of the magical current, and blackness. But gradually there came into view rugged terrain, a landscape filled with low mountains a pillars of all sorts of sizes. There was an ocean surrounding this place, and there was no other islands surrounding this.

The Knights were sent here, to this place, and stared down as their weapons were in a stalemate. The visors emitted energy equal to the Dragons, and it was minutes before they removed their weapons from the other’s,and so they dueled.

The Shade Warrior split his wide blade into two regular sized blades, and charged towards the Continuum Knight. The Knight narrowly dodged the dual assault, and he held the Staff up into the air, which received a column of blue lightning. He then struck the Warrior with the staff, and another explosion came from it, leveling a nearby mountain. The Knight was standing, but the Warrior was lying on the ground. He got up quickly, and this time, he melded into the Shadow of the mountain.

The Knight came closer to the shadow, but stood far enough away to prevent attack. It studied the landscape,searching for somewhere the Warrior might be. In a flash, a shade splurted from the shadow, and out came the Warrior with a great battleaxe. It must have switched weapons while in there, and the Knight was struck a horrendous blow. The helmet was dented, but he seemed otherwise unfazed. What was under that set of armor?

The Warrior came charging again, but this time, the Knight stood ready with its sword, and, holding it vertically, he sliced the head off of the battleaxe. The Warrior stared at the empty stick, but then as a surprise attack it jabbed the stick in between the empty area between the chestplate and helmet, and attempted to lift it up. The Knight wanted none of that, and he punched the Warrior square in the jaw. He flew backwards, and when he landed, he rubbed his chin, and stood back up, seeming a bit more tired.

The Warrior then melded into the Shadow yet again, and this time, he popped out as a thin figure, with a set of daggers in place of a larger weapon. It was a ninja of sorts. Anyway, it then ran up the side of the mountain to get to a better fighting area. The Knight quickly gave chase, the armor making it slow, but protected.

So it ran up the side of the mountain, which was a jagged slope with plenty of areas to jump on. The Warrior jumped and ran faster still, and soon it was at the top, which was an arena of sorts on the top. It was flat, and there were walls surrounding it. The wind coming across it made it have a sound of a cheering crowd as well for some reason.

The Warrior melded into the shadows again ,and this time reappeared in his knightly form. He carried a broadsword as well, and when the Continuum Knight appeared across the walls, it was obvious as to how much larger the Shade Warrior was. He was actually a good foot taller, and when they both had reached the arena, the Knight detached the chain connecting the sword to the staff, and attached the staff to a holder on his back.

The two battlers then came close to the other, and bowed, as if this was a game. THey then walked back forty feet from each other, in a contest to see who would win. They then turned their fronts toward each other, and charged with their blade points aimed for the neck.

This duel was an interesting one. They both fought to and fro, with the blade edges and flats each meeting each other, as they were apparently both masters. So the duel dragged on, and soon, a breach was made through the Knight’s armor. The Warrior moved his head in satisfaction, and attempted to twist the blade, and removed the gauntlet from the rest of the set. Not wanting to lose the piece of armor, the Knight jabbed the point of his blade right between the covered visor of the Warrior. The Warrior then recoiled backwards, massaging its newly hit head.

The Knight, readjusting the gauntlet quickly, then sliced down on the Warrior’s own gauntlet, and it popped of of the rest of the limb, revealing a dark gas flowing from it. The gauntlet then clattered to the ground, and it disappeared in a haze of purple gas, just as was coming from the Warrior’s wound.

The Warrior simply glanced at the empty arm ,and then charged forward, raising the great sword up in the air. He then slammed it down hard on the sword of the Knight, and it shattered into hundreds of pieces. With a clank of approval, the Warrior then continued making one-handed jabs and swings towards the Knight. The Knight continually blocks the hits with the ruined hilt, and curiously looks disappointed in a strange way.

In moments, the Warrior suddenly slips, and unable to balance itself, it falls to the ground, its front now open for an attack. The Knight lunges down with what sword he had left, and it lands in between the helm and chestplate. He then wrenches the hilt towards himself, and popped off the helm, revealing even more gas. The helm does not fade away however, and beneath the helm there was nothing but a glowing set of eyes. The Warrior gets up, and retrieves its helm, leaving behind the sword. Then, there is another flash of light, and the blackness returns.

~~~~

In the small bunker, Erian is quivering with fear. It was amazing he had survived this long in the madness, but he didn’t expect the huge shaking to happen. So, he took a peek outside, revealing the fact he was buried under ten feet of rubble. So, with a roar of discontention, he began to dig himself out, wanting to get fresh air before it ran out.

~~~~

The two armored figures are now visible on top of the rubble, and soon, the Knight disappears in a flash of light just as it came, and the Warrior fades out of inky blackness. The two leave behind a resting Kane, and a damaged stood standing on the rubble. Kane slowly opened his eyes, and when he stood back up, he saw the true damage of that explosion.

The Vigil was utterly obliterated. Chunks of onyx, granite, obsidian, and all other sorts of rocks were pulverized into small pebbles or boulders. Any Shadow Bots were turned to scrap metal, and the labs had only shards of glass left. The Onyx Chamber was the only thing amazingly left standing, considering it had the brunt of the explosion. Darcius yelled in sadness at this,while Kane just stood in awe.

Darcius walked painfully over to Kane, his Cloak his only piece of clothing besides his pants, and it became more apparent that he was injured. Bruises, cuts,and welts were all visible, and it was as if all of the injuries the Shade Warrior had sustained Darcius had sustained as well.

The same could be said of Kane too. His hair was a mess, his robe was gone, his shirt was of little use, and his shorts only remained, even with shreds missing at the legs. But his injuries were as bad as Darcius’, and Kane was severely injured. Darcius walked over, and wanted to get his mind straight.

“You, brat… urgh.. will never defeat… me. I am.. the Sage! And no… Wizard will defeat that fact!” Darcius yelled weakly. Kane simply walked over to the dark man, seemingly without pain.

“Darcius, you have already been defeated. If you give up now, you will live, I assure you of that. The Day of Sacrifice is nearly over.”Kane stated. Darcius stood wide eyed, and he looked to the west. Sure enough, the sun was setting, and the Core above had begun to dim. He jsut gave another roar of outrage.

“I will sooner die than see this day end without Shadien.” Darcius roared. He then attempted to punch Kane, but the boy caught the blow with his fist, as if he was expecting that.

“Suit yourself.” Kane replied. Then, there was a magical blue glow surrounding Darcius, and then time seemed to slip by around him like it was a hurricane. In fact, it was a hurricane, and for a time, it was impossible to see him.

But after a minute or two, the hurricane stopped, and Darcius was revealed, only different. He was now a statue of dust, aged into what his years should have done. His look of outrage stood there, and his remains blew into the wind, never to be seen. The Cloak then fell to the ground, no longer emanating its dark power. Lord Darcius was no more.

Kane smiled with content, but then he fell to the ground, and fainted. There was a flash of light, and I appeared with a blanket in my hand. I covered the little Wizard, and picked him up into my arms. Then with another flash of light, I returned to the Hole in the Sky, awaiting the cheers and tears of my friends (both of which came mostly from Brock). The sky itself was clear, and the thunderhead had faded. The Core fell slowly to the ground, silently screaming in hatred. It also slowly reverted back to its rubbery form.
~~~~

Several days later, in the Hole in the Sky…

At first, there was blackness. But slowly, there came light. And Kane saw his friend Mage, who was patiently waiting in a seat next to the bed that Kane was sleeping in. Kane wanted to tell him that he was awake, but all that came out was a strained groan of pain. Mage notice,d and stood up, grabbing a bottle of water from his side.

“Easy there, Kane. You’ve been asleep for days. Drink some water now, and how about you tell me how it went with Darcius.” Mage quietly said. Kane just nodded, and with pain, he adjusted himself to where he could easily drink the water. Afterwards, he took the cup, and drank it slowly, savoring the coolness. After draining the glass and wiping his lips, he explained his story.

“Well Mage, I can’t remember all of the details. I remember him chasing me down all the way to the coastline of the Shadowlands. Afterwards, he attempted to take out my Magik Stone, but I cleverly exploded the little Explo-Charm, and blew up the area, flinging him back. I discovered that it destroyed the little crystal on top of his staff, and it took away all of the other magics that he was able to use. Then, he took me into the Onyx Chamber, and he played with the Shadows into nearly killing me.

When he tried to Corrupt my Stone with the Shadows, though, I remembered your words involving the Continuum helping in me as my greatest weapon against the Shadow. After that, it was all dark for my vision.” Kane explained. MAge simply closed his eyes, and took in the detail. Then he opened them,and was curious with something.

“Well, the Hole in the Sky was able to see all of that, but after you blacked out, we couldn’t discover you. What happened just before though was that a Knight came from a constant shine of light that enveloped you, and it even temporarily replaced you. Darcius then became a Warrior even bigger than the Knight ,and when the two clashed, an enormous explosion happened, and the Vigil was destroyed. But we couldn’t find the two battlers in the wreckage. Jeremaeus seemed very concerned about the whole thing, but he never explained why.” Mage explained. Kane looked pretty surprised.

He then replied, “Well that’s strange, because I remember seeing a Warrior, but it wasn’t in my own vision. It seemed like the memory of someone else. The memory involved me trying to take off the helm of the Warrior, and after a big struggle, I eventually won. Then, we shook hands, as if it was a friendly duel, and my own memories returned, with me taking out Darcius with the last spell you taught me: The Aging Spell. I used, which as you said, required the target to be supremely weak, and he aged to dust. The Cloak was left behind, though. Was it gotten?” Kane asked. Mage, while intrigued by the story, sighed.

“Sadly, the Cloak wasn’t found. Jeremaeus left it behind while getting you to the Hole in the Sky. When he went back down to retrieve it, it was gone.” Mage further explained. Kane just looked down, feeling bad for letting it get away. But he had another more light-hearted question.

“Hey, where is Jeremaeus anyway?” Kane asked. Mage nodded over to the Hole.

“He’s down in Magika explaining to the people that the crisis has been averted, and they can live without fear in Magika now. He even found Krain and Vason.” Mage replied. Kane gave a scowl of disapproval. Mage just put his hands up in the air in innocence. “Hey, after my shot with the Orb, they were turned good! They were extremely sorry, and they want to make up for it by helping repair Magika. When I was down there, I also purified the other Magikans as well.” Mage explained. Kane yawned, and rubbed his eyes. Mage knew what this meant.

“C’mon Kane, you need more rest. THis is the first you’ve woken in days, so good night Kane.” Mage said. Kane just moaned in approval, and drifted off to sleep, with dreams of happy events.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 50 Posted!) 1 More!!

Here it is, the finisher!!

Epilogue

After another few weeks, Kane was well enough to return to Magika with Mage. The Magikans welcomed them with open arms, and the small new capital of Magitol gave them treatment fit for a king. The Shadowlands have since been renamed the Runalands, as an attempt to get rid of the bad nature.

All of the continents have many construction projects going throughout all around. Each of the Masters of Teaching took it upon themselves to supervise these projects, and soon, Magika was back to a stable form.

There were some Corrupted left in remote parts, as the five hundred that were left to rule the world, but they were soon purified. The traitorous Erian was never found though, as well as the Shadow Cloak. But it was safe to assume that they were both in the Shadow World.

Krain had discovered descendants of his son, and promised to live with them and support as their great-great-grandfather. He was even elected to be the Sage of Lightning, and there has even been a change to how the Sages live, and now all of them are Immortal.

Vason chose to pursue a life of peace and posterity, living with Krain’s family as the family Tervan. But don’t think he doesn’t pursue a life of his own. He went on to become a learned Sage of Earth, and now makes wise decisions with his powers. He even now has permission to use the remote that transforms him.

The Cores had chosen to stay in the Hole in the Sky, as they felt it was not yet time to prove their existence. Instead, they act as my watchful eye, not wanting me to reveal myself like I did when Magika was first freed.

The Masters of Teaching went on to teach all of the little ones of Magika, living a new life as teachers. But once they teach sufficiently, and give them the books from the Gargantuan Complex of Knowledge, which survived the explosion of the Vigil, as it was a basement level, they will return to the Hole in the Sky, awaiting for the next Wizard.

As for me, I am living my life recording the events of others at my own expense. I enjoy this, now considering I have a proper librarian, and that the Imps have found a new pastime: The Circus! They have been relocated down to Magika, with everyone amazed at the sudden appearance of the beasts, and they have organized themselves (with a little influence from Lifeien) into the Circus of the Messy Imps. They will provide new entertainment once a month to the excited fans of Magika, making something new every time. Occasionally, they will redo an old act, as a homage.

Kane is now living with his family in the new city of Quartanrie, the capital of Terra Firma. He enjoys living underground again, and rests from his work as a Wizard. He does occasionally bring out his power for disputes, but he usually enjoys his much needed family time.

Mage was originally roaming the land searching for Corrupted, but afterwards, he retired to the Temporal Tower, where reenergizes old amulets and figures out what uses they hold, and he waits for Timezonia to be healed and ready to populate. One of his most famous discoveries in this field was that the glowing blue crystals, such as the one around his neck, gives eternal life to those who wear them! And there were dozens of them, after searching through the Room of Objects. But Mage refuses to give any to the citizens of Magika, saying that they could cause unknown effects to those that are not Time Magicians.

Magika is still not near its time of glory, but it is slowly recovering. I will await the day that it does fully recover, here in the Hole in the Sky. Until then, this tome is finished. I will record smaller adventures for all to read, but this one will remain my favorite.

~~~~

A decade later, on the island of the Temporal Tower…

Mage was now an adult in his prime, studying all of the secrets of the Sages. The library in the study had been all but read, and he was content with life. One day, there was a knock on his door, and his pet Chronokal, Sohan, ran down to the door with a special collar around his neck: A little blue crystal, one of the same that Mage discovered gave eternal life.

Mage came down from his study, dodging all of the little MagiTek that made his life comfortable, and he still held the special Staff of Timien he had received a decade before. He opened the light CloudPeach door.

On the other side was a man just two years younger than Mage, and a woman a little older than the man. He had a clean-shaven face, and he wore the robes of an Earth Magician, as well as he had a dark brown shade of hair. The woman had robes of a Life Magician, and had the same shade of hair as the man. The two each had a small child, twins I guess, and they were both swaddled in white blankets.

Mage recognized the two adults. “Why hello Kaeomaeus, and you too Cathrina. What brings you to my humble abode. And do I see some new members to the family?” Mage, or should I say Xhoen asked. Kaeomaeus was the renamed Kane, who took it upon himself to start a tradition that Wizards should rename themselves to have the last part of their name contain ‘-maeus’ if they are male, or ‘-maea’ if they are female. What a nice tradition.

Kaeomaeus chuckled, and the little baby in his arms slept peacefully still. “It is great to see you too Xhoen. Can we come in? We have some great news!” he asked. Mage moved away from the door, and motioned for them to come in. Kaeomaeus stepped in, and Xhoen assisted his wife, Cathrina, up the step, and she and Kaeomaeus walked into the parlor area of the lower floor.

They all sat down in a seat, with Cathrina and Kaeomaeus sitting together, and Xhoen taking a seat opposite of them. Mage then willed over an enchanted tray filled with some snacks, mainly Zapaya tarts, and asked, “Would you care for a treat? Reicha delivered them from the Hole in the Sky herself.” The two guests each took one, and took a bite, savoring the delicious tang of the Zapaya.

“Thank you Xhoen, and it is so nice to see the changes you made to the Tower. But me and my husband need to tell you something.” Cathrina said. Xhoen sat listening, getting into a comfortable position in his armchair.

“When our little girl and boy were born, we went to have their Stones checked, as Wizard children are known to be wild cards for magic. When the doctor came out, he said they were more unique than any other child in the world. Do you know why?” Cathrina asked. Xhoen thought, but he shook his head in response, not having an answer.

“Xhoen, they are Time Magicians. Your kind are coming back.” Kaeomaeus stated. Xhoen then stood up, his mouth trying to find the words to describe his happiness. He came closer to Cathrina and Kaeomaeus, and came down to his knee to get a closer look at the two little ones.

Cathrina then said, “Xhoen, meet our two new Time Magicians, Kexa and Ilian” The two little children opened their eyes, and yawned awake. Xhoen then laughed, one he had not had in a great many years.

~~~~

Decade before this event, on the Day of Sacrifice…

The day had been saved, and Jeremaeus had stood at bay in the Hole in the SKy. It was now the hour before the next day, and the Core now only had a slight glow, hidden from the view of the Seer. There was a rustle in the metal, and there appeared a thin figure, one with a cloak. It appeared to be searching for something.

With a closer look ,it was Erian, all covered in the dust from the Vigil of Shadow. He looked maddened with fear, and was searching for the Core. He needed to fulfill the Cloak’s last wish. Half an hour went by, and he finally had found the dying Core. He then yelled,

“Oh almighty Shadien, Dragon of Shadow, hear my words! Take me as your sacrifice, your willing leader! Live to roam the land of Magika once more!” the maddened Erian yelled. The Core then grew,and grew back to the size of the Cores in the Hole in the Sky, and glowed as a star. Erian stood wide-eyed, ready to go into the beast.

He took off the Shadow Cloak,and stepped forward towards the Core. Then, after a moment, he jumped inside the burning core, and the spirit and body of Erian was gone. Now, the Core fell silent, and returned to rubberiness. But it then expanded, though it grew to three times the size of a Core, and it did not glow as a star. Instead, when it was full size, it cracked, and continued cracking, until the entire object was full of cracks. Then, it shattered, revealing dark, shining scales, and a body of a beast.

The beast slept, but then it woke, revealing yellow, glowing eyes. It then rose up on its four legs,and melded with the Shadows, taking with it the Cloak of Shadows. The creature traveled downward until it met with the Shadow World. Shadien has returned.

The History of Magika will continue in “The War of the Logi and Magi”...

Thanks for sticking around, but stay l0onger. The next story is in the works, so until it is shown, come join the group called The Seers of the Hole in the Sky

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom