• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The most epic video game boss fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
vs. Darkrai in PMD
vs. Gaara in Naruto:Clash of Ninja 2
vs. Xemnas in KH2
And my favorite....

A tie between vs.Remiel and vs.Kratos (first time) in Tales of Symphonia

My favorite epic battles are Xemnas in KH2, Ansem in KH1, Specter in Ape Escape, Bowser in Paper Mario, Kessler in InFamous, Zero-Two in Kirby 64, Zeus in God of War III, and Sephiroth in Final fantasy VII

Another one that stands out to me is Ninetails from Okami. When he's in fox form and has all his tails, he's downright vicious.

Also, the final fight against Lavos in Chrono Trigger, both because of his background music and the thought process required to beat him.

I'd say the Final Bowser battle in Super Mario 64, my very first final boss. The organ music, along with the setting of the battle field in a stormy sky...epic.

Does the last time Luke Atmey come up to the stand count (Phoenix Wright: TaT)?
I mean, for a game about a lawyer, that was a pretty epic trial.

For me, one of the most epic is the final fight in MGS4. Old Snake vs. Liquid Ocelot. So much emotion and raw power in that fight. It was a great ending to the game and Snake's story.

Ganon in Oracle of Seasons.
That was ridiculously hard when I was younger (especially getting up to him)

Bowser in super mario Galaxy (the music helps).
Bowser in SM64DS
Bouldergheist in super mario galaxy.
Golbez in FFIV (the fight in which Rydia re-joins)
Tabuu in SSBB
Princess Shroob in mario luigi partners in time
Fire emblem 6 has Zephiel and Idoun
Fire Emblem 7 has a lot of bosses together in one room, along with Nergal and a dragon after that.
All of the stafy endbosses (well, I only know of 1, 2 and 4)

Did I already say Lavos from Chrono Trigger? Lavos is a long fight, with epic background themes for each form, and for the final battle... You'll need some real luck if you want to survive that damned Grand Stone attack.

Did I already say Lavos from Chrono Trigger? Lavos is a long fight, with epic background themes for each form, and for the final battle... You'll need some real luck if you want to survive that damned Grand Stone attack.

Although Lavos as a being and his story is very epic, I just think fighting him is not as epic. He actually's relatively easy (Although not having Chrono and Magus makes him a bit harder).

I'd like to add the final boss from Pitfall: The Lost Expedition/The Big Adventure.

Pusca the shaman grows to hundreds of time his normal size and begins floating above the arena. But that's okay, because Princess Mikay gives Harry enough mystical strength to take the giant pillars strewn about the arena and kick them into the air, slamming them into Pusca.

Pitfall is not supposed to be this awesome.

Every fight in Shadow of the Colossus
Reading that gave me chills, I was about to write the same thing.

Especially Malus, the final Colossus. I find it hard to describe the epicness of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom