• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The mystery of the Melody. (Me and Yun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But I don't even drink," Melody replied with a slight annoyance, realizing that she did remember something about herself, "Wait... I don't drink..."

"Hey, you remembered something!" Kylan said, looking to Melody. "What else do you remember?"

Katherine raised an eyebrow. "Yes. Anything else you can tell us?"

"I remember...those two dark skinned people... they didn't like the way I looked,..." Melody remembered as she looked down at her knees, "Well, the woman moreso than the man... and I remember this old house, it was white and it looked like something from a storybook.... it was surrounded by woods and there was a lake... and a lot of wild horses..."

"Wild horses... woods, a lake. Sounds like farmland," Katherine stated. "That at least narrows it down a tiny bit. And you said that there were dark-skinned people. Did they look African-American to you?"

Kylan spoke up at that. "She said something about them being Mexican."

His mother raised an eyebrow. "Mexican, huh... so, possibly Hispanic, living on farmland located near woodland and a lake, known to be populated by wild horses. I do believe we have ourselves a lead."

The boy grinned, turning to Melody. "That's great!"

"That's all I have though, I'm afraid," Melody replied with a small frown, "I am glad it gave you a lead to work with."

Kathy nodded, writing everything down on her notepad. "Now, with that said, the two of you have a bit of explaining to do."

Her son was quick to try and speak. "I'm the one whose to blame! Melody didn't know anything, soo..."

The woman nodded. "So you lied about being her brother and got put under police custody. I got you."

The boy nodded, looking down. "Sorry, mom."

Though it was a bit of an annoying situation, she simply looked to Melody. "We'll find something out. For now, you need to stay in the precinct at least overnight."

"O-okay...." Melody replied nervously, "I'm not in trouble am I?" At this point, Kathy intimidated the poor young woman. She was afraid of something bad happening to her while she slept, but tried her best not to express her fears.

"Not yet, at least," Kathy stated. "We'll give you a change of clothes and make sure you're at least moderately comfortable," the woman said, looking back to Kylan. "You, you're going home. Be back by nine tomorrow morning."

Kylan nodded. "Got it..." he sighed a bit. "We done here, mom?"

The woman nodded. "Yeah. Get moving," she said.

The boy stood from his seat, looking back to Melody. "I'll, uh... see you tomorrow. I guess," he said. "Stay safe," he said, walking out of the office door rather briskly. The further away he could distance himself from his mother at this moment, the better.

"Um, alright..." Melody replied nervously as she didn't appreciate the word choice that Kathy had provided. She didn't do anything wrong that she could remember, so why did she keep speaking as if she had committed a crime? Not voicing her opinion, she glanced over at Kylan, who appeared to be leaving rather shortly. "Thank you. Goodnight, Kylan, you stay safe on your way home. I'll see you tomorrow." the gentleness in her voice was much proof that she did wish the best for Kylan. She felt at ease with him rather than his mother, but she couldn't change it now. Maybe her preference of him was due to him being her rescuer? Perhaps it was because he was much nicer and calmer than his mother? Regardless, she did feel at ease with the boy near her.

When she changed into a new pair of clothes, she was taken to a room in the precinct where there was a couch and a small pillow and blanket. She curled up onto the couch, resting her head on the rather stiff, firm pillow. It took her a while to fall asleep, but when she did, it began her long road of nightmares.

She was submerged into the depths of the ocean, struggling as she tried to swim to the surface. The ocean was dark, empty, and silent. Not even fish were swimming about. She kept trying to scream though her lungs were burning and she was suffocating. Suddenly, it was as if she gained strength and speed, being able to hit the surface. it was pitch black, and she couldn't even see any colors except for red. She couldn't speak a word either. She could feel the intensity of the waves crashing upon her body, but it didn't hurt. The taste of the cold, salty water surprised her as she enjoyed it with each gulp that was tossed into her mouth. She wanted more, but that's when she lost control. Not being able to control herself, she had to helplessly rip humans to shreds as she heard them screaming. Her physical body didn't care but, her heart was breaking. Why couldn't she control this? Why was this happening? When her vision returned and her body had control once more, she had to witness the true horror. The sea was a deep crimson color, bodies were shredded and destroyed, and all she could do was weep, but there were no tears. She had brutally murdered these men, and she couldn't do anything to stop herself. It was her, stranded in an ocean of death and blood. She just looked to her hands, her skin replaced by gills of a smokey grey, her nails sharp and lengthened, her hair more of a orange hue, stained with blood, and the reflection revealed her eyes were bright yellow and her mouth revealed fangs and sharp teeth. She just saw herself and screamed.

Waking up, she was in a cold sweat. Looking around nervously, she looked at her hands, only to see that they were normal, and that she was in a room, not the ocean. Her heart rapidly beat as her stomach churned. Her hair was still the same magenta hue, and her skin was still pale. Heavily breathing, she turned onto her side, trying to calm her nerves. She couldn't imagine why the dream was so graphic and horrid. She didn't need nightmares complicating things as she tried to recollect her memories.

Last edited:
Kylan rolled in his bed as he slept. He was dreaming of Melody; the girl he'd met just the day before. It was a strange experience, having found her on the beach. Regardless, he was willing to at least help her out, especially now that his mother was involved in the issue.

Then, his alarm went off. 5AM... it was time for work. Tapping the clock, he sat up to stretch.

-------

The next day, when he thought he was going to work, he found himself taken back to the precinct. The police were investigating things by the ocean, and Kylan was apparently still a suspect. They'd allowed him a change of clothes, with the male now in his regular wear as he walked into the police station. He'd wanted to visit Melody a little later, but it seemed as if luck wasn't on his side.

He came up to his mother's office, about to knock before he saw the woman walking toward the back of the station. "Mom!" He called out to her.

Walking after her, he found his mother walking into the protection area of the precinct; that was where Melody was, he could only assume.

Katherine stood at the door of the room, speaking to Melody. "You awake?"

Upon hearing Katherine's voice, she sat up and nodded quietly. It was clear she was still distraught after her graphic nightmare, and she couldn't shake it off. Her dark circled eyes and clammy skin gave her true state away.

"Yes, I'm awake, Miss...." she spoke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom