• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Pokemon Starters Mafia (Mafia Wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you can use my inevitable mislynch well and help town win. I truly do. And with Space's recent interactions with me, I don't think that they are scum either. Scum wouldn't try to defend an easy mislynch like myself. I assume that you will agree. M*13 looks weird lately, but make sure that you look into some of the power players who are on my case.

So who would you say is the most worthy of a second look if you flip town, aside from M13 as you said? I do agree that Space does look better if you flip town.

Mido would be one, and Slife. White Crow is one I'd look at, but the other two are pretty unorthodox.
If you find them suspicious why not put up a vote instead of prematurely accepting your lynch? There's still plenty of time left in the phase. Instead of asking others to do your investigating for you, do some of it yourself. Even something like leaving a post explaining your change in reads and the specific scummy behavior you notice can help, so that if you do flip, others will be able to use your post to build off your case and have a basis for your thought process. Throwing weak suspicious at others right before you think you are about to die can be seen as a last ditch effort to incriminate townies using your death.

If you find them suspicious why not put up a vote instead of prematurely accepting your lynch? There's still plenty of time left in the phase. Instead of asking others to do your investigating for you, do some of it yourself. Even something like leaving a post explaining your change in reads and the specific scummy behavior you notice can help, so that if you do flip, others will be able to use your post to build off your case and have a basis for your thought process. Throwing weak suspicious at others right before you think you are about to die can be seen as a last ditch effort to incriminate townies using your death.

Thankyou. I wasn't planning on giving up. I was going offline for a little bit and I will provide some evidence later.

Vote: White Crow

Because one of the crows has to be mafia

No but in all seriousness: the only time they've really posted was to defend themself, and I don't think the defense even made them any less suspicious. It was more of a perfect "excuse" if anything Imo. Voting at the last minutejust didn't make sense no matter the reason given. And yes they could have tied things up to protect Pikochu but no scum would do that because it would pretty much be dooming them both. with the last minute vote, white crow was able to make it seem like they were there, and by not tieing things up, it gave them a seemingly valid defense.

This is subject to change ( because i cant look back right now and whatnot) but I don't think a White Crow lynch would be bad at at all

Edit: sorry about the bold I'll fix it later

Last edited:
We need to lynch Dewott, but what if Marshtomp is actually mafia? We've all assumed it's balanced but what if it isn't? @EeveelutionLover mentioned something about the powers being unfair and giving mafia the advantage. Maybe that's not the only thing that was changed for balance purposes. It's possible that there are three mafia, designed so that the mafia would have at least one day with a fully evolved water starter. That would showcase just how powerful final evolution is. Is this plausible?
I'm going to Vote: Elementar. He's been accepting his lynch too early like MCH (although MCH flipped town), but something about the way he's acting makes me feel like this is different.

We need to lynch Dewott, but what if Marshtomp is actually mafia? We've all assumed it's balanced but what if it isn't? @EeveelutionLover mentioned something about the powers being unfair and giving mafia the advantage. Maybe that's not the only thing that was changed for balance purposes. It's possible that there are three mafia, designed so that the mafia would have at least one day with a fully evolved water starter. That would showcase just how powerful final evolution is. Is this plausible?
I don't know that whatever abilities are received upon evolution have much to do with which Pokemon they go to, it sounded to me like it was randomized. It makes less sense for there to be a bunch of the same type as scum because they'd have to kill each other off in order to evolve.

@Space don't edit your posts, just post again if you need to clarify something.

And I agree with Sunsette's thought on Marshtomp, I really think he has to be a town player, since what's the point of having the second evolution otherwise?

And it looks like this game is really coming down to a flip of Elementar right now. If he flips scum, Space is my #1 lynch target next phase. If he flips town, pretty much everyone who voted for him is under suspicion in my mind. White Crow is still an option as well because they haven't been replaced yet, which could indicate they are participating in the scum chat.

And I agree with Sunsette's thought on Marshtomp, I really think he has to be a town player, since what's the point of having the second evolution otherwise?

And it looks like this game is really coming down to a flip of Elementar right now. If he flips scum, Space is my #1 lynch target next phase. If he flips town, pretty much everyone who voted for him is under suspicion in my mind. White Crow is still an option as well because they haven't been replaced yet, which could indicate they are participating in the scum chat.
There is no marshstomp.
Don't you have any thoughts on players that don't come from Elementars flip. I'm actually having trouble remembering if anyone save for me has even presente cases. Though Psace is town looking to me since she is actually thinking of a case whole others such as you have been quiet and letting others lead lunches.

From the new rules: "Edits solely for spelling, grammatical, or formatting purposes are permitted."

He's been accepting his lynch too early like MCH

He actually said otherwise though here:

I wasn't planning on giving up.

but something about the way he's acting makes me feel like this is different.

Could you clarify?

@Midorikawa nice autocorrect there (lynch = lunch, I've been burned by that a few times lol).

Anyway, the four votes for Elementar make up half the remaining players, and the rest are Elementar, Space, White Crow, and me. So the only player who is unaffected by the Elementar flip in my view is White Crow, and I gave my view on them, although its not really a strong read since inactivity complicates things.

Given White Crow's questionable actions, I'm not opposed to lynching them if they don't pop up and give a decent defense.

I'm not accepting my lynch. I think my lynch is necessary for the town to find others. I think Space is town, and definitely look into WC and the others on my BW. Mido's posts seem a little off and a little confused. They're usually very on top of things, but they seem a little disorganised. And I'd also say look into M*13. They've been getting more and more scummy and they aren't providing too much reasoning. Space and jd are town reads, and Sunsette's pretty neutral for me.

VOTE: MMMMMMMMMMMMM

I feel comfortable with this lynch. Also, may you please provide your reads list M*13?

Ok so do to my lack of experience i thought that perhaps i might have caught on to what was going on but i have gotten lost and confused as to whats going on i am trying to read the past posts but because no one sticks to a topic and conversations are tossed around im not sure how to stay active in this forum but i will continue to watch the posts and try to help in any way possible. I would seem to me though that there are some people that are being mentioned as mafia perhaps if i can catch up on the posts i might be inclined to vote for them but tell then i might not vote less i see a good cause any more so good luck.

Okay I am back, sorry for dissapearing again I swear everytime I see Imma be more active something happens~ Let’s see let’s see, oh a vote for me, thankie Mido I love you:
First of everything bye Cutey Lifey and now Zexy.. ;o; I'll always remember you in my heart.

You say that now, but we don’t know what you’d really have done. So it's a what-if escenario for me.

I don’t remember you posted it too, so my apologies there. It’s hard to remember who said what when there’s 25 pages of game.

At the time I posted that –Friday before Life died- there wasn’t much going on unless you wanted to bring back day 1. And everything we have to prove ourselves now its our word so yes, just like you and the rest all I have is my word.

You break my heart </3 seriously, I know you are saying that I could not be new to mafia. By saying that “I seem to know what I am doing” you imply I have experience; so yep I didn’t misunderstood I was simply joking.

If you find something scummier besides that vote that didn’t do a thing in the end, I’ll be waiting~ <3

To try to close this (of course you are free to keep asking, don’t try to say I want to cut your interrogation because I am scum and don’t wanna answer); even if you say I am scum I didn’t get defensive, aggressive or tried to avoid questions like some people did. I answered as clearly as I could and if that’s not enough I honestly don’t know what else I can say, whatever else might end up in us repeating the question and answers we have already said.
You are free to attempt to lynch me. Well you already started so good luck~ :p

Okay time post something besides replying to HumanDawn and Midorikawa ‘w’ , I’ve been so inactive it hurts.
My top suspicious is Molten Eevee (now @leetic. So sorry :c )
From the start of the game molten eevee wasn’t convincing and his replies were always aggressive and evasive, instead of trying to defend himself he just complained that people found him scummy or that his actions get questioned instead of giving a good reason for them.
Second point, roleclaiming so easily gives the hint he doesn’t fear to be killed. I mean, pages before him claiming froakie it was mentioned already how bad it would be for us if we revealed our roles and laaater he claims that he didn’t know it (as he stated here Mafia: - The Pokemon Starters Mafia (Day 3)), when he was clearly told and even replied to it here Mafia: - The Pokemon Starters Mafia (Day 3). which makes it look like he was just confusing himself at that point and froakie sounds like it’s gonna be scum #best reason, okayy jk on this one.
Now being subbed by his own request... that doesn’t sound good to be honest. It looks like he didn’t know what else to say to defend himself and left to try and let the steam about him go off changing with someone else.

Also Mido, I am surprised with all you say to me that I am scum and all you didn't ask my reason to vote RoMCH which could have been something to engage on if you wanted "to prove" I am scum, so gonna cover it here and mentioning you just in case.
On another topic RoMCH still bugs me a bit, his reactions to a possible lynch on day one were a bit too much, and the justification that “he is usually like that”, too simple and conveninent. If we go like that I can try to excuse myself because I am new or something but it doesn’t work like that. I can’t understand his behavior because one I don’t know his meta/playstyle (I don’t know anyone’s playstyle for the record, so my assumptions are just based on this game and I wouldn't like the use of meta to justify a behavior) and I don’t really believe it from someone who has been playing for some time already.

This was said by Zexy, dunno how much is cracking for him but his behavior was far from being calm.

Someone I wanted to mention too is @Elementar; he never gave a solid reason for his lynch attemps and changed their votes at the slightest questioning.
On day one first inactives and his reason was willing to play with people he knew better

Might "work for him" but not the best reasoning if you ask me (willing to lynch people who might not defend themselves is not really towny), second voted for Mido “looking for a reaction” before quickly changing it and not asking her anything else, this one was really weird so dunno what to say. Then voted RS but dropped it quickly again when questioned as to why not voting Calvin or myself since he mentioned us as “better options”, and voted me. All I can think is he doesn’t want to engage in an argument and slip something, hence why he has been doing this.
I have a weird theory when I read HumanDawn’s post.

Could you clarify what do you mean here first Human? Maybe I’m interpreting it wrong.
What if they are teammates? Elementar seems to be “attacking” RS all the time to prove himself he is town, but he drops it at the slightest answer from RS so it looks a bit faked. Now he voted RS again but let’s see what happens, thinking he'll switch his vote to me which wouldn't be weird, just prove my point on his weird votes.

Sorry but you don't elaborated at all.

Tempted to vote leetic but I am going to wait a bit more to see what happens.

Worst scumdar activated:
-Sunsette: Helpful to the town, so town
-Hellcrow: Mostly null but disappearing then all of nowhere appearing to say he thinks on voting me already it’s a bit weird.
-Elementar: Kinda scummy, as I explained above.
-Slife: Leaning town.
-jdthebud: Don’t remember much of him but mostly town.
-White Crow town ofc
-Midorikawa: Town.
-HumanDawn: Town.
-RainbowSkittles: Kinda scummy
-MMMMMMMMMMMMM: null at most, he had some weird posts at first but could be because he is new.
-Andrew1990: don't remember much, raised some good points so maybe town.
-leetic: Summy, because of what I explained above about Molten Eevee
-Space: Leaning a bit on scum but it’s mostly from what I remember being told to him in D2. So I wouldn’t accuse them yet.
-returnofmastercrazyhand: Can’t say he is scum but I don’t really trust them. Also I remember him saying that usually from day 2 on he makes the plays that count, so waiting for you~ :B

I have your quotes in my alerts already to know you voted me so no worries there, I was writing my post.

Andrew and White Crow's last posts. Both were on page 27 (if you didn't change your settings) Day 3.

If you want to help bring about another evolution, feel free.

Hellcrow's last post on page 30 Night 3.

HC got mentioned for inactivity as did Andrew. White Crow did not. I find that strange since Hellcrow posted after her. The only reason I would think that's possible is she somehow has been active. How could you be active if you're not posting in thread. The only night actions would be in that case is mafia since everyone is vanilla, save for bayleef on the town side. Andrew was bayleef.

@White Crow Under no circumstances was that another vote.

This would be different if Piko was town, but Piko was scum, and that makes it all the more scummier.

You voted at the very end of the phase, nine minutes before the update, which is plenty of time for someone to change their vote. Mainly Pikochu. If it was just another vote it wouldn't have been on MCH. But you chose MCH who had two, thus making it three, and all Piko would have needed to done is change his vote and tie it, thus leaving scum for another phase, being stuck losing a town tonight, and also wasting a phase relynching that scum that should have died in the first place. And of course if you had chosen to vote Mr. Delicious, it would be clear that you were helping Piko and saving him, and also be clearly scummier because last minute vote tying is scummy and almost always an automatic lynch. Another vote wouldn't have been someone who could save mafia. You said you read the thread, so you can't use the excuse that you skimmed otherwise you'll be contradicting yourself, thus you of course would know the vote count, and the fact that the phase was ending soon since we got an hour warning. Likewise there was no need to vote Nowhere in the rules is it stated that we have to vote, likewise the fact that plenty opted to not vote at all proves that there are no repercussions otherwise it would have been mentioned in thread several times. To add on your reasoning was "instinct". That's not a reason, that's trying to make it seem like you have a reason, but it's not. And the fact that you chose to give scum a chance to be saved, when town would have basically had no chance to prevent it unless they were stalking the thread makes it worse. Piko was mafia not town, and we're lucky he wasn't online within those nine minutes otherwise we would be setback instead of ahead.
My original case on WC. And part of my original reasoning was working on the assumption that MCH was town. He clearly turned up town thus that point stands stronger than ever.

UNVOTE: Elementar
VOTE: White Crow

She seems like a much better choice now after I noticed the host not mentioning her.

And if I made a mistake with my check over then please let me know.

HC got mentioned for inactivity as did Andrew. White Crow did not. I find that strange since Hellcrow posted after her. The only reason I would think that's possible is she somehow has been active. How could you be active if you're not posting in thread. The only night actions would be in that case is mafia since everyone is vanilla, save for bayleef on the town side. Andrew was bayleef.

She seems like a much better choice now after I noticed the host not mentioning her.

And if I made a mistake with my check over then please let me know.
Mind blown.
Unvote: Elementar
Vote: White Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom