• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The sheer number of Galar Pokemon who haven't appeared in the anime

Reaction score
I just wanna talk about the sheer number of Galar Pokemon who have yet to appear in the anime at all even so much as a random background appearance, not counting twilight wings or movies. Those Pokemon are....

• Galarian Meowth
  • Galarian Mr. Mime
  • Galarian Zigzagoon
  • Galarian Linoone
  • Galarian Darumaka
  • Galarian Darmanitan
  • Galarian Articuno
  • Galarian Zapdos
  • Galarian Moltres
  • Corvisquire
  • Blipbug
  • Dottler
  • Theivul
  • Eldegoss
  • Dubwool
  • Boltund (Maybe in an episode about Chloe's Yamper?)
  • Rolycoly
  • Carkol
  • Flapple
  • Sandaconda
  • Cramorant (Somehow despite having an easy gag with the whole Pikachu Gulping form)
  • Arrokuda
  • Barraskewda
  • Toxel
  • Sizzlipede
  • Clobbopus
  • Polteageist
  • Hatenna
  • Hattrem
  • Hatterene (Maybe if we ever see Bede?)
  • Morgrem
  • Perrserker
  • Cursola (Edit: Has a still Cameo now)
  • Mr. Rime
  • Runerigus
  • Pincurchin
  • Snom (Somehow despite being really popular when SWSH first came out)
  • Frosmoth
  • Stonjourner
  • Kubfu
  • Zarude (But movie Mythicals usually don't appear so)
  • Calyrex
  • Glastrier
  • Spectrier
  • And all of the Hisuian Pokemon who didn't get revealed before the Arceus Special

So when might they next get a shot at appearing? Because i'm doubtful they will shove them all in what little is left Journeys. It's truly a shame how many Pokemon got this because of how they decided to treat Galar in journeys.

Edit: Forgot the Crown Tundra Horses and Calyrex

Last edited:
The Hisuian Pokemon will appear in the next region, certainly not Galar.
Fair enough but there's also a decent possibility they don't get to appear at all, depends how the games handle explaining the Hisuian forms in later games i suppose. Or they might just throw them in a painting or something.

It also seems kind of unlikely that they'd make showcasing Galar Pokemon more of a priority in the next series. It's certainly possible and I'd love to see my favorite Pokemon of this generation getting some attention, but it would be more ideal for them to focus on the ninth generation Pokemon instead, if only so that they don't suffer the same kind of fate that most of the Galar Pokemon have.

I just wanna talk about the sheer number of Galar Pokemon who have yet to appear in the anime at all even so much as a random background appearance, not counting twilight wings or movies. Those Pokemon are....

• Galarian Meowth
  • Galarian Mr. Mime
  • Galarian Zigzagoon
  • Galarian Linoone
  • Galarian Darumaka
  • Galarian Darmanitan
  • Galarian Articuno
  • Galarian Zapdos
  • Galarian Moltres
  • Corvisquire
  • Blipbug
  • Dottler
  • Theivul
  • Eldegoss
  • Dubwool
  • Boltund (Maybe in an episode about Chloe's Yamper?)
  • Rolycoly
  • Carkol
  • Flapple
  • Sandaconda
  • Cramorant (Somehow despite having an easy gag with the whole Pikachu Gulping form)
  • Arrokuda
  • Barraskewda
  • Toxel
  • Sizzlipede
  • Clobbopus
  • Polteageist
  • Hatenna
  • Hattrem
  • Hatterene (Maybe if we ever see Bede?)
  • Morgrem
  • Perrserker
  • Cursola
  • Mr. Rime
  • Runerigus
  • Pincurchin
  • Snom (Somehow despite being really popular when SWSH first came out)
  • Frosmoth
  • Stonjourner
  • Kubfu
  • Zarude (But movie Mythicals usually don't appear so)
  • Calyrex
  • Glastrier
  • Spectrier
  • And all of the Hisuian Pokemon who didn't get revealed before the Arceus Special

So when might they next get a shot at appearing? Because i'm doubtful they will shove them all in what little is left Journeys. It's truly a shame how many Pokemon got this because of how they decided to treat Galar in journeys.

Edit: Forgot the Crown Tundra Horses and Calyrex

I personally think them showcasing the Galar Pokemon in the main anime, due to some of them having appeared in the movie or Twillight Wings, isn't a priority for them at all (Cuz already shown).

Which means we can technically scrap Cramorant, Mr. Rime, Galarian Zigzagoon, Polteageist, Barraskewda, Galarian Mr. Mime, Galarian Meowth, Carkol, Pinchurchin, Eldegoss, Hattena and Hattrem, Cursola, Stonjourner, Flapple, Toxel, Dottler, Galarian Darmanitan, Kubfu, Perrserker, Zarude, Arrokuda, Boltund, Blipbug, Thievul, Perrserker and boltund

Last edited:
....It's an odd shift of strats but....honestly this is a series I'd love to get a ear in and see what was going on. I feel like the behind the scenes stuff might be more interesting than the non-Ash episodes of Journeys.

This matters, less so in my opinion but, theres also Gmax forms we have yet to see who would defenintly have to appear in Journeys if they are to appear at all unless they do something journeys like again at some point, (But given we haven't even seen every Z-Move I wont be surprised if we dont) Those being
  • Venusaur
  • Blastoise
  • Kingler
  • Eevee (Could easily be shown off with Chloe's Eevee)
  • Melmetal
  • Corviknight
  • Orbeetle
  • Flapple/Appletun
  • Sandaconda (Who hasn't appeared in general)
  • Toxtricity
  • Hatterene (Again hasn't appeared in general)
  • Copperajah
  • The Two Urshifu
  • And the Galar Starters
Edit: Theres also Butterfree and Lapras who have appeared only in Twilight Wings

Maybe BW had the right idea soft locking their series to new Pokémon for half the series :unsure:

It’s insane how many of these haven’t gotten as much a cameo in the main anime. You’d think an episode with Cramorant/Arrokuda would be a no brainer
Snom even. Snom is a very popular Pokemon among fans. Its shocking that it hasn't appeared yet.

It feels like as far as Gen 8 rep goes in the anime department pretty much only Cinderace and maybe Inteleon to a lesser extent have been the MVPs of this Generation.

If we think back on the Top 10 Most Popular Galar Pokemon from that 2020 poll it was:

1.) Dragapult
2.) Toxtricity
3.) Corviknight
4.) Snom
5.) Alcremie
6.) Cinderace
7.) Zacian
8.) Yamper
9.) Wooloo
10.) Inteleon

Now tell me out of all of these, which ones have had more prominence?

Dragapult? Got Leon'd so it'll be lucky to even appear whenever he does. Forever stuck playing 2nd fiddle to Charizard

Toxtricity? A 5 second cameo after 2 years in the Piers episode?

Corviknight? Regulated to background Cameos

Snom? WHO?

Alcremie? Actually got 1 episode to itself. Swiftly forgotten afterwards

Cinderace? Main Character's Pokemon and got the most attention out of any Galar Pokemon. Not the most outstanding writing but it's better than everyone else. The Gold Medal of Galar.

Zacian? Legendary so it wasn't likely to get much screentime anyways. Still think the DD Arc came out far too early tho

Yamper? Was off to a good start but the got swiftly kicked to the curb the moment Eevee arrived

Wooloo? Regulated to background cameos

Inteleon? Another Main cast Pokemon. The build up to it was absolutely horrific but Inteleon itself otherwise has been surprisingly alright so far. The Silver Medal of Galar

Lmao Cinderace and Inteleon freaking carried this Gen on their backs and even THEY still had a fuck ton of issues with their writing

REMINDER This is how Galar will be remembered after this Generation is over.

As the Generation that started the National Dex Cut?

As the Generation that tore the Pokemon fandom in half?

As the Generation that was so hated it couldn't even have an Anime series to itself?

As the Generation where the Anime staff could only bring itself to give a flying fuck about only maybe 4, maybe 5 of it's Pokemon?

And even then ALL 5 OF THEM have had bad writing to varying degrees

- One exists pretty much to get overshadowed by a Shillmon that has existed for about half the franchises lifespan

- One only exist to be worthless Comedy Relief and nothing else

- One started off okay but randomly disappeared upon evolution and got replaced by the aforementioned worthless Comedy Relief

- One had the WORST evolutionary arc in the series

- And One barely exists 90% of the time and whenever it does show its either Conedy Relief or Deus Ex Machinas some of the most BS Wins I've ever seen

(Can you guess who's who?)

Yeah TPC wasn't very kind to This Generation at all

....It's an odd shift of strats but....honestly this is a series I'd love to get a ear in and see what was going on. I feel like the behind the scenes stuff might be more interesting than the non-Ash episodes of Journeys.
I gotta agree with you on that. Man to be a fly on a wall when these episodes were being made.

It feels like as far as Gen 8 rep goes in the anime department pretty much only Cinderace and maybe Inteleon to a lesser extent have been the MVPs of this Generation.

If we think back on the Top 10 Most Popular Galar Pokemon from that 2020 poll it was:

1.) Dragapult
2.) Toxtricity
3.) Corviknight
4.) Snom
5.) Alcremie
6.) Cinderace
7.) Zacian
8.) Yamper
9.) Wooloo
10.) Inteleon

Now tell me out of all of these, which ones have had more prominence?

Dragapult? Got Leon'd so it'll be lucky to even appear whenever he does. Forever stuck playing 2nd fiddle to Charizard

Toxtricity? A 5 second cameo after 2 years in the Piers episode?

Corviknight? Regulated to background Cameos

Snom? WHO?

Alcremie? Actually got 1 episode to itself. Swiftly forgotten afterwards

Cinderace? Main Character's Pokemon and got the most attention out of any Galar Pokemon. Not the most outstanding writing but it's better than everyone else. The Gold Medal of Galar.

Zacian? Legendary so it wasn't likely to get much screentime anyways. Still think the DD Arc came out far too early tho

Yamper? Was off to a good start but the got swiftly kicked to the curb the moment Eevee arrived

Wooloo? Regulated to background cameos

Inteleon? Another Main cast Pokemon. The build up to it was absolutely horrific but Inteleon itself otherwise has been surprisingly alright so far. The Silver Medal of Galar

Lmao Cinderace and Inteleon freaking carried this Gen on their backs and even THEY still had a fuck ton of issues with their writing

REMINDER This is how Galar will be remembered after this Generation is over.

As the Generation that started the National Dex Cut?

As the Generation that tore the Pokemon fandom in half?

As the Generation that was so hated it couldn't even have an Anime series to itself?

As the Generation where the Anime staff could only bring itself to give a flying fuck about only maybe 4, maybe 5 of it's Pokemon?

And even then ALL 5 OF THEM have had bad writing to varying degrees

- One exists pretty much to get overshadowed by a Shillmon that has existed for about half the franchises lifespan

- One only exist to be worthless Comedy Relief and nothing else

- One started off okay but randomly disappeared upon evolution and got replaced by the aforementioned worthless Comedy Relief

- One had the WORST evolutionary arc in the series

- And One barely exists 90% of the time and whenever it does show its either Conedy Relief or Deus Ex Machinas some of the most BS Wins I've ever seen

(Can you guess who's who?)

Yeah TPC wasn't very kind to This Generation at all
1. Dragonite
2. Grookey
3. Inteleon
4. Cinderace?
5. Lucario

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom