• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i did find it there but when i went to put in the words i hit the button that in english is the ABC Button i couldnt find a symbol that looked like that but i found it on youtube any way and that person showed exactly where to go Thank you anyway.

What is this SID I keep seeing on the forums? Also, whats the difference between soft resetting and just plain old turn off-turn on?

What is this SID I keep seeing on the forums? Also, whats the difference between soft resetting and just plain old turn off-turn on?

1) The Secret ID. It's hidden and controls most of the RNG. Also if someone has the same Name,ID and SID as you, they can rename your Pokemon.
2) Nothing. SR is just quicker

SID stands for Secret ID, the SID is one of the variables in the formula that dertermines IV's, Shinyness, etc... Finding out your SID is one of the things you need to find out to sucessfully abuse RNG.

Edit: damn it, how come people always beat me to the explanation?? LOL

I'm pretty sure turning it off and on at the switch too much wears the thing out, especially the way it's designed. So if all your buttons required to soft reset are still working, I'd recommend doing it that way.

Anyone know a good ground type to use for the Elite Four and beyond in HG? My sister really wants a ground type to murder electric pokes. :/

Anyone know a good ground type to use for the Elite Four and beyond in HG? My sister really wants a ground type to murder electric pokes. :/

I had great sucess with the Steelix that you get in an in game trade from Jasmine. Idk if you can trade her until after the E4, however. There is a 2% chance of finding a Steelix in cliff cave though if you do wanna go with that. I am not the best trainer in the world, so please wait for others opinions as well.

I had great sucess with the Steelix that you get in an in game trade from Jasmine. Idk if you can trade her until after the E4, however. There is a 2% chance of finding a Steelix in cliff cave though if you do wanna go with that. I am not the best trainer in the world, so please wait for others opinions as well.

Steelix, aye? Thanks for the suggestion.

Nidoking is amazing. So is Quagsire and Donphan. Gligar and Piloswine aren't too good initially, but once they evolve they do great as well.

If you want, go here for a full list of Ground-types, so you can research their movesets and stats yourself.

as already stated nidoking is a good choice for the HGSS elite four - you could always run a special attacker:

earth power (nice STAB & effective against quite a few of them)
thunderbolt (for gyarados & charizard)
ice beam (for dragons & flyers)
shadow ball (for the psychics that will give a poison type a hard time)

i say special attacker as intimidate x2 from lance will make a physical attacker suffer if that worries you - if not then earthquake / thunderpunch / ice punch / shadow claw or sucker punch would work

...or...

an adamant metagross with meteor mash / earthquake / thunderpunch / ice punch would work (the clear body ability blocks intimidate)

Is there any word on when or what the next event for the US is yet????

Nope. Kind of annoying, really; I expected another to start immediately after the Enigma Crystal. There are still a number of Pokewalker courses left to give out, and we're not exactly gaining time here.

Nothing has been announced, although it's widely believed the 10th Anniversary Mew will be distributed next.

That will be awesome. Any speculation on when it will be? I had heard that Mew wouldnt be the next one, and that Mew would be released in November during the US anniversary.

TM2-Megatron said:
Nope. Kind of annoying, really; I expected another to start immediately after the Enigma Crystal. There are still a number of Pokewalker courses left to give out, and we're not exactly gaining time here.

Ya that is kinda annoying, it is almost as if Nintendo/GameFreak doesnt care if America gets the events and just releases them when they feel like it.

I had heard that Mew wouldnt be the next one, and that Mew would be released in November during the US anniversary.

That's exactly when most people believe the distribution will begin. There's no way of knowing whether or not Nintendo will distribute something else before November, unfortunately.

That's exactly when most people believe the distribution will begin. There's no way of knowing whether or not Nintendo will distribute something else before November, unfortunately.

Ya that will stink if they dont release anything until november, TM2-Megatron mentioned they still have several pokewalker courses to realease. I say put them in a set of 2 package events and have a September event and a October event, then we would have all the courses and they could worry about giving us the cool event pokemon the Japanese language versions can get.

A friend of mine said that if you have a cloned or hacked pokemon, your save file gets deleted. Is this true, and/or do any other bad things occur?

No. That is just an urban legend! Hacked 'mons, to my knowledge, only disallow you from entering official Nintendo tournaments. You'd have to really be hacking to delete your save. Hacked Poke's do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom