• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The staff of the Soap Box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Reaction score
...thank you for your patience in enduring our silliness of the past day.

To reassure anyone who might have taken anything seriously, the US Senate is not about to be abolished, there is no more credible evidence today than there was yesterday or ten months ago (ie, none) of Obama not being American, Netto Azure is not a Orly conspiracy theorist, evkl has not suddenly become a tea partying conservative, Matkin and I had that whole Quebec/Canada argument plotted out on MSN (While I'm an ardent defender of my Quebec roots, I feel that Quebec's place is within Canada, not without, and while he's a god-hating freak of a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, he's otherwise quite open-minded re: Quebec...and he and I hate the tar sands equally). Nicoleta, of course, has not suddenly become a hippie.

Now on to other, slightly more significant things.

There will probably be a significant shake-up in the layout and the number and type of forums in the World Beyond section (which includes the Soap Box) in the coming days. I don't want to get into details yet, but suffice to say that we are separating simple discussion of the news from heavy opinion debating, to allow people who want to just comment on the news to do so without getting lost in seventy pages of raging liberals and equally raging conservatives ranting at one another (about, oh, say...healthcare).

Stay tuned for more announcements regarding this change.

Well I am glad to know all of this was an attempt at cheap lulz.

Ooh, very nice. I caught on partway through, sorry for the post where I guessed it was an April Fools joke and thanks for deleting it before it spoiled the fun for others. I admit it, I loled at Evil Figment's sudden Conservative change of heart, and before I realized what day it was I thought he had been hacked or something XD I look forward to the improvements! *salute*

As a regular lurker here, I must say that the Canada cat fight had me laughing my ass off! Good job guys, thanks for lightening this place up a bit. Now back to my regularly scheduled lurking.

You cannot possibly imagine how relieved I am.

About the changes to the World Beyond section, I gotta say, I'm feeling good about that.

Well, you are.

And they might as well find out now, because with the revamp everyone is gonna be exposed to Leafs v Habs: The Day the Forum Bled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom