• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The (Un)official Nickname My Pokémon Thread

Do you nickname your pokemon?

• No I never nickname them!

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • I nickname a few of them.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Only ones i know i will use on my team/train.

Votes: 41 18.3%
  • If i can think of a cool nickname for it I will nick name it!

Votes: 58 25.9%
  • YES I GOTTA NAME `EM ALL!

Votes: 68 30.4%

• Total voters

Axle Helios

Now with more cowbell.
Reaction score
The name should explain it all, but in case it didn't, one person posts their Pokémon, and some information about it if they want, and everyone else suggests names for it.

I guess I should start. Help me name my Ludicolo.

Umm...Watergrass?

I need help with my Empoleon. SHE has beaten the elite 4 single-handedly 100 times and is lv. 100.

Axle Helios: Samba if it's a girl or Amigo if it's a boy.

TeamGalacticMercury: I'm thinking either Empress or Alantica.

I need some help naming my Umbreon for SoulSilver. I want to name her after a Nintendo charater (that isn't from Pokemon) but I don't know what to name her.

I could use some reccomendations for my Blastoise and Feraligatr.

These are two of the pokemon that are in my final most widely used team for tournament play. I want them to have some badass names to reflect thier power and intimidating looks.

I tried Fergi for Feraligatr, but then realized that people would think that's too cutesy.

@Linda: Well, not really a Nintendo character, but considering how close Nintendo and Sega are these days, you could go for Shadow. I know, I'm not very creative...

@Kecleon King: Either of them could be named Riptide.

@Linda: if your Umbreon is a girl, how bout Midna?

@Kecleon King: Blastoise = Pwn Canons and Feraligatr = Feralirapr or Feralraper

So far for my Rotoms I have:

Rotom = Glotom (Glo from Glow since it's a lightbulb)
Mow Rotom = Motom (Mo from Mow, obvious)
Frost Rotom = Frotom (Fro from Frozen)
Fan Rotom = Blotom (Blo from Blow, since it's a fan which blows things)

Still need names for Heat and Wash Rotoms that follow this pattern of beginning with a syllable that rhymes with "Row" and has to do with that form.

I need some help naming my Umbreon for SoulSilver.

Like Ksemanr said, I'd opt for Midna. I also opted to name a bunch of my Pokémon after Zelda characters [admittedly, because of my recent playthrough of Wind Waker] including Komali [MY Umbreon XD], Molgera [Rayquaza] and Valoo [my Baby Giratina <3].

So I'm going to be raising my 8th Kecleon soon, thanks to the HGSS Recover egg move, but I don't have a name for it yet. My other raised Kecleons have been named; Gekkol, Kionos, Sting, Bling, Go! [my shiny one], Six, Shenanigan. Any thoughts? Also maybe a renaming of my Kyogre [Tidal] since its kinda... tame.

I'd go with Typhoon instead of Tidal for Kyogre. And maybe Zag for the Kecleon?

PEOPLE. IF I AM GOING TO HELP YOU, I NEED TO KNOW GENDERS AND MOVESETS. NATURE WOULD HELP BUT IS NOT ESSENTIAL.

Ksemanr: Wash - Sotom (Soap, suds, soak... there ya go.)
Heat - Totom (toast)

Kecleon King: "SuperSoakr" for the Blastoise. "Sobek" for the gatr.

TGM: Look up historical Empresses or Queens. Pick the name you like the most. Personally I'd go with the classic "Elizabeth1" as Elizabeth I of England was known for her navy.

Linda: "Midna." Without a doubt.

Salsashark: Narrow it down, buddy.

Axle: "Santana" for the Ludicolo.

I need help with my Red Gyarados, I want the name to be Hard but Rare. Male.

You ungrateful whelp. Is there really a better name than FishSalami? Maybe Kielbassa (GET IT? BASS IS A FISH!)... Let's see...

Useless (he was a Magikarp once)
Sauron (Lake of Rage and Lord of the Rings have the same prominent initials, and he is full of hate)
Gear-ados.

I dunno, I don't normally go in for "tough" names, so it's harder for me to gauge of they're good or not. What do you like outside of Pokemon?

I'd like to say thanks to those who helped me name my Umbreon (who, by popular demand, is known as 'Midna'). It's funny how so many people opted for that name. xD;

I need help with my Red Gyarados, I want the name to be Hard but Rare. Male.

Blood Red, Mercury, Mars or Drago. That's all I can think of. ^^;

I need help with my firered team names
Charizard, Primape, Kingler, Exeggutor, Nidoking

Charizard: Sean (DragonHeart. Rent it.)
Primeape: 1 (It's the lowest prime number. Otherwise pick your favorite prime number.)
Kingler: Delicious (I actually don't care for seafood, but whatever.)
Exeggutor: Conan ('Cause you're with Coco.)
Nidoking: WTFking (Seriously WTF is Nidoking.)

I need help with my firered team names
Charizard, Primape, Kingler, Exeggutor, Nidoking

Well, it all depends on gender really, doesn't it?

CHARIZARD
Male: Lizardon
Female: Charizaria

PRIMEAPE
Male: Okori
Female: Primetta

KINGLER
Male: Hermitno
Female: Quenler

EXEGGUTOR
Male: Exegguted
Female: Exeggutette

NIDOKING
Male: Spike

Those are just some suggestions I can think of on the spot without analysing the origins of each of them to determine potential nicknames that make sense for them.

To each his own *mwah*

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom