• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that annoy you in pokemon

Pokestar

Reaction score
What annoys in pokemon? I don't really like the name of grass type. Why grass? why not plant type. Grass is just one of thousands of plants and plant type would be a much better type name.

Bidoof.

And when the Leaders/E4 members are down to their last pokemon, and you're about to beat them, and then...FULL RESTORE

That makes me curse through the roof.

When the opponent uses Protect/Detect

Must add Ratata and Raticate too. They're both my hated common first pokemon you see.

I LOVE BIDOOF HE'S TEH EPIC.

And I hate it when they use a full restore, or when no kind of Pokeball will catch what you want, no matter how hard you try...

When you get calls from youngster Joey talking about his rattata and raticate and how great they are in G/S/C/HG/SS and that you can't delete phone numbers in HG/SS.

Double Team/Minimize
Protect/Detect
Water routes
Caves that require Flash
In-game trainers that have a million Magikarp
Static Ability
Legendaries running out of moves, having to resort to struggling
Can't buy coins in HG/SS
Tin Tower being changed to Bell tower just to create a lame pun
Mom calling you in HG/SS
Can't delete phone numbers in HG/SS
The name Ethan, Gold was just fine.
Baby Pokemon after 2nd Gen
No fire types in D/P/P
When you can't escape! from a wild pokemon
Arena Trap ability
Stupid G/S/C batteries dying
AND FINALLY, Lyra in general.

When people try to act all ghetto and repeat things (points to Sinnoh television shows).

Tentacool
Zubat
Bidoof
Those fishermen that only have 6 Magikarps
Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape, I just don't like them.
Timerballs, they're for teh n00bs.

Tentacool
Zubat
Bidoof
Those fishermen that only have 6 Magikarps

These.

To further add:
-Double Team spam
-Critical hits KOing the Pokemon I'm trying to catch
-Not getting the nature/IVs/ability I want in a Pokemon
-CPUs who use Full Restores when their Pokemon is about to faint

Tentacool and Tentacruel
People calling Adventures' Blue Green and Green Blue.
People calling Generation II's protagonist Gold and the rival Silver.
Double Team spam
Event pokemon. It's really annoying that you have to cheat or trade from someone who probably cheated to complete your pokedex.
Regional Dexes. Why not make all pokemon available from the start?
Rhypherior and Magnezone.
Cynthia casually standing by while Cyrus pounds you in the Distortion World.
Cynthia in general, actually

It's like you have to use weaker moves against the E4 so you can 2KO them instead of getting them red and having them use a damn FULL RESTORE!!!!

The capture rate in HG/SS. It really feels like they've significantly decreased the odds of capturing a number of wild Pokémon that really shouldn't be that hard to catch (why the fuck did I need multiple Great Balls to catch a paralyzed Stantler with 1 HP?).

EDIT: Also, the berry glitch in Generation III. I just recently discovered that it's affected my copy of Ruby. I know there's a way to fix it, but doesn't it require two Game Boy Advances or something? I've only got one.

Last edited:
• "Critical hit! It's not very effective..."
• My Pokemon being confused and hurting themselves constantly. My opponent's Pokemon being confused and not doing the very same.
• Joey
• Tentacool/Tenacruel
• Bidoof
• The method for growing berries in HGSS

In PokeSpecial, people who call Green female and Blue male. Japanese names take priority because they came first. Nuff said.

In shipping, people that hate all 'popular' ships for being popular. (See: Rebel cliche)

In video games, one hit kills. Not JUST in Pokemon, but everywhere. I'd like to see the extinction of the one hit kill. It's infinitely frustrating. Furthermore, lack of a hard mode.

In the anime, lack of depth or maturity.

In school, inability to mention without provoking a random bystander to flap their lips about it being 'childish' or something like that, joking or not.

On the internet/online play, playing for fun is dead'ish. Furthermore, people get way too upset when they feel like they've been denied their petty little competitive gameplay.

When Lyra calls her Grandpa fit.
It's annoying because I have to sit back in awe.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom