• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

This or that?

Austichar

Some Random guy
Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciding whether to put a Rampardos into my team or a Spiritomb, but I dunno which would be better. So could someone please tell me which would be best and/or what a good movepool foir it would be.

Thanks in advanced.

Ha, the ye ol' spiritomb. Rampardos has too many weak points, as spiritomb has very very little. Spiritomb's best moveset that I use, I have about 8, is Dark Pulse, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, and Shadow Ball. Hypnosis is a necessity for dream eater, but when you hold wide lens, it will increase the accuracy. Hypnosis can also be an awesome annoyer. Dark Pulse, Dream Eater, and Shadow Ball are killers, especially Dream Eater. Dream Eater is the best move because spiritomb is a tank. While doing immense damage, it recovers the damage you have taken. I hope this helps!!!

Actually Spiritomb is just like Sableye with No weaknesses at all only Spiritomb is COOL ^_^

Spiritomb all the way.I'm working on getting a Spiritomb myself, but i hate how you have to talk to 32 people in the Sinnoh Underground.

You can get a key from a dude on one of the routes
he's a little hidden by a tree
I stumbled across him the other day, I tripped out because I hadn't heard anything about him at all.
But I haven't used it to catch Spiritomb yet...

The Keystone isn't enough. You also have to speak with 32 people in the Underground before the event will occur.

Much easier just to trade someone on GTS for one. The Champion uses a Spiritomb, so you'll have it in your dex by the end of the game.

Rampardos will be better.

When set up correctly (BP Speed and Attack, it will murder Pokemon.

I would still use Spiritomb though...Can Spiritomb learn Skill Swap?
Reply to the quote- No, the Spiritomb can't learn Skill Swap. But it would be cool if it did!

Reply to everyone who isn't helping out much, just arguing...

I feel sorry for Austichar because all he is getting is two replies with movesets. Ash and I are the only ones concerned about that. If you are towards one pokemon, then put a moveset rather than arguing to everyone that one pokemon is better. It is up to Austichar to decide which one to use. Not us. We give opinions, not try to make everyone think one is better.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I had to get my point across. We lose lots of good threads by arguing where it isn't needed.

Like somebody else already stated, Rampardos -- if he is passed a speed and attack bonus (e.g. Dragon Dance), and if he is also holding Choice Band -- would be a pretty frightening mid- to end-game sweeper. You can't open with him, but if you set him up properly and get him out safely, all the weaknesses in the world won't matter when he's OHKO'ing everything.

Spiritomb requires no setup -- he is himself "the tank", the Pokemon meant to take hits while also dishing them. He's not worried about dying in one hit, unlike Rampardos. And he can be quite the frightening opponent, what with his immunity to multiple movetypes and his ability to dole serious damage. However, he can be taken down, and what's more, most people play with Sleep Clause* in effect, so you're only going to be able to put one Pokemon to sleep with Hypnosis. This makes Spiritomb sort of simple to get around ... you let him hypnotize one thing and then you switch out for a Pokemon with no weakness to Dark or Ghost-type attacks. For instance, a Steel-type, which is resistant to both. So long as your Pokemon that you switched out remains hypnotized, Spiritomb is rather impotent and will have to wait in the wings for the time where your steel-type dies. But if that day never comes, well, shucks. :|

My vote goes to Spiritomb (since it's easier to use), but if you have solid experience with passing Dragon Dances to Salamence or Gyarados from 3rd gen (e.g. if you're an experienced RSBot user), then hell, go for Rampardos and have a fun time.

* Sleep Clause states that only one Pokemon may be put to sleep on either team at a time, not counting the use of Rest.

Reply to the quote- No, the Spiritomb can't learn Skill Swap. But it would be cool if it did!

Reply to everyone who isn't helping out much, just arguing...

I feel sorry for Austichar because all he is getting is two replies with movesets. Ash and I are the only ones concerned about that. If you are towards one pokemon, then put a moveset rather than arguing to everyone that one pokemon is better. It is up to Austichar to decide which one to use. Not us. We give opinions, not try to make everyone think one is better.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I had to get my point across. We lose lots of good threads by arguing where it isn't needed.

Thanks for that.

Anyway, I've decided to stick with Spiritomb and I have a basic idea of the moveset to use on it.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom