• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Trouble in Big Town

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
Japanese OVA: Pichu's and Pikachu's Winter Vacation 2001: "We the Pichu Brothers"
Pokemon Chronicles Episode 20: "Trouble in Big Town"

dwq1y1.jpg

Toonami UK, 4:30pm
When playtime turns into a fight, the Pichu Brothers get seperated. To make things worse, Pichu Little is soon miles above the ground with only balloons on a string keeping him up, and a wild Murkrow is flying around!

Post your thoughts about the episode here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

Last edited:
This was a good episode. Certainly, above last week.

This week, we have Chronicles dub names confirmed. Millenium City is Big Town, (though we already knew that from the title of the episode.) The Pichu Brothers are still the Pichu Brothers, but they are also individually referred to as Pichu Big and Pichu Little.

Some nice little additions, (which are visual, so all 4Kids did was not cut it out) : Smoochum's hand mirror/care of appearance and Teddiursa's use of Wooper.

The ending seems a little abrupt, mainly due to the music, though there was an ending shot that was removed. (4Kids must be allergic to them, or something.)

The next one is the second Pichu Brother Housou. And the last is the first Pikachu's Winter Vacation. (Christmas Night/Ice Games)

This episode premieres on US TV tonight at 7:30pm, so I'm moving the thread to the regular anime section.

Ick.....Mike Pollock was terrible in this..I'm so glad he isn't the narrator anymore...

Atleast it wasn't Dexter narrating like in Minimovie 1......

I'm glad they kept it in widescreen atleast, and everything else was good.

I also like how the redubbed the Japanese ending.

Last edited:
This was better than last week's, but still not to great. The ending music I thought was really bad and just didn't really seem to work.

Am I the only one who finds it odd they aired these in October? Yeah, I know they're Chronicles episodes, but they're also more Christmas-themed than anything else. Maybe I'm alone in this wonderment- I'm kinda anal retentive with the whole "no Christmas around Halloween" thing.

These ones didn't really seem christmasy to me since it's not like teh Pikachu games or whatever. It's just the same type that they have in movies, nothing remotely holidayish in my mind.

Christmas Night is the really Christmasy episode and it looks like CN is delaying that so...

Oh, good.

I'm anal about that stuff... I'll go into a store and look at the Halloween stuff (which I love to do) and then see the Christmas decor already up and mutter things under my breath.

So I'm quite glad I might not have to do the same thing with CN..

I'm just glad they played that one song from "Party Panic." Y'know, "side by side, it's Pichu and Pichu!"

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom