• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Underwater Ruins deciphered

Nice story, but theres one big problem...

Even in his weakened state, Kyurem should be able to thrash the holy hell out of the Kami Trio. I doubt they'd have anything to worry about. Especially since all 3 are Ice weak.

True, but don't the storms usually last about 15 minutes? Plus, according to the Collecter's edition cheat book, Thundurus and Tornadus's speed is better than Kyurem's. Landorus's speed, well, is equal to that of Kyurem's. They could have finished the job quickly and fled.

And, Kyurem's master didn't order him to take down the trio. He cared more about his civilian's safety. Pikachu wouldn't randomly attack a Slowpoke that accidentally stumbled into Ash, would he?

Last edited:
Havent scrolled through the whole discussion but did anyone mentioned the ruins of entralink ? It seems that there was a castle some time ago

There are two versions of the game, two plots that are different in one part and the same on another, my theory is that the history of the abyssal ruins is different in the two versions, it could be that in Pokemon black/white, the brother that has zekrom/reshiram won the war between the two and as a result, reshiram/zekrom died and turned into stone which would be the light/dark stone and the winner build another civilization in the present day desort dessert? That would explain why N did capture zekrom/reshiram not revived it, its connection with the relic castle and dragonspiral tower.

Maybe the "King" is referring to a third character that will be introduced in the third version

Listen to King's words.
Primes lead to truth.
King is brave.
King never loses hope.
King is kind.
King has a dream.
King is adventurous.
King accepts all.
King turns 2nd corner.
King turns 3rd corner.
King turns 5th corner.
King turns 7th corner.
Have the heart of King.
Here we praise King.
King's light shines.
King moves his people.
I have no idea if this has been said before, but this is actually the solution to the cave; from the southern entrance prime numbers show the way, you take the second turn to the left, the third to the right, the fifth to the left then the seventh to the right and you end up in the middle (heart) of the floor, on the next floor you open the entrance further by flashing (shining light) and the last floor is opened with strength (to move the block). The rest of that paragraph seems just to be encouragement to try and a guarantee that those directions work.

And to me ③ looks like Reshiram due to the pose, ⑤ looks like the Kami trio's cloud and tentacle ⑥ looks like Kyurem rotated 5-10 degrees. Which only leaves Zekrom for ④.

I'm inclined to believe that the Abyssal Ruins and Kyurem are strongly connected. The ③ & ④ are swapped depending on the version, and when talking about defeating and befriending, they must mean Reshiram and Zekrom.

It is widely accepted that Kyurem will have another form in Grey, and I have a little speculation brewing. Looking at base stat totals, Zekrom and Reshiram sit at 680, the standard for version mascots, while Kyurem has only 660. It is suspected that the item "God Stone" will be used to call Kyurem in Grey, but isn't 'god' a pretty meaningful title for something weaker than Zekrom and Reshiram? Unless of course the new form Kyurem obtains in Grey gets a stat change, such as Giratina did with Platinum. So, if a simple 10 were added into every stat, Kyurem would stand at 720, the same as Arceus (who is also referred to as a god of sorts) and who's plates you find in the ruins, and adding a simple 10 seems like something Game Freak would do.

With this comes more speculation. If Kyruem is the corpse of Zekrom and Reshiram's combined being, Zekrom and Reshiram represent the different energy that Kyurem lacks. The new form would probably have to make up for the energy loss, and gain a different type, such as Normal or Water. Due to the Abyssal Ruins being you know, under water, this would be my guess, especially with the only Plates you obtain outside of the ruins being Water and Dragon, but with Palkia being Dragon/Water I find this unlikely. Would the new form gain Multitype, to make use of the plates in the Ruins, with the respective plate replacing the Ice typing? Or are the plates merely in there to give the players a way of obtaining them in Gen 5 and nothing more?

And now the crown comes in. My theory is, that Kyurem will be called with the God Stone in Grey version, but how will it change form? If not by some new item in Grey, maybe from a Relic Crown from Black or White version, or possibly one in Grey. This ties in to Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. If you trade a Relic Crown from Black, Kyurem will try to learn Ice Burn, and the one from White Freeze Shock, upon changing form, just like changing Rotom's forms in Platinum. Or maybe, since Game Freaks knows very well that many people have sold the Crown, that it wont be necessary for the form change, and merely the way to learn the moves. It makes sense to me, because how else would each on Kyurem learns be determined? And maybe this determines the stat change as well? With Ice burn being Special and Freeze Shock being Physical, maybe the crown grating the respective move will add 20 to the attacking stat?

So in short, the Relic Crown will change Kyurem's form, and if you trade one from either Black or White it will try to learn the respective move, and maybe gain stats to accommodate this. This is just my speculation, obviously.

I think these symbols on the ruins represent kanji and kana and is supposed to mean:
1 floor ruins:
Once upon a time a king desiderous of evil, he made a chamber and sealed away all the legendary pokemon. There was a prince who was rebel, the prince killed himself and reincarnated into a great warrior named
2 floor ruins:
named Shera. Shera was a great legendary warrior with reincarnated into a spirit. Shera used his sword for catching Pokemon. One time he catched the chamber and sealed away Zekrom and Reshiram. And once upon a
3 floor ruins:
a time, a great king named N resealed one of the two legendaries: Zekrom the black power while Hilbert resealed Reshiram the white grace. Then there were the friends, Bianca, Cheren, Hilda, Fennel and Juniper. Now go
4 floor ruins:
go in a seal more even than now, the great warriors are watching you, you are a great warrior. You are the reincarnation of the king. Elaina is watching you. Everyone is watching you. I am Moida, queen of the Underwater Ruins.

Ill'have translated those things. With the japanese names:
1 floor ruins:
Once upon a time a king desiderous of evil, he made a chamber and sealed away all the legendary pokemon. There was a prince who was rebel, the prince killed himself and reincarnated into a great warrior named
2 floor ruins:
named Akarai. Akarai was a great legendary warrior with reincarnated into a spirit. Akarai used his sword for catching Pokemon. One time he catched the chamber and sealed away Zekrom and Reshiram. And once upon a
3 floor ruins:
a time, a great king named N resealed one of the two legendaries: Zekrom the black power while Touya resealed Reshiram the white grace. Then there were the friends, Beru, Cheren, Touko, Makomo and Araragi-san. Now go
4 floor ruins:
go in a seal more even than now, the great warriors are watching you, you are a great warrior. You are the reincarnation of the king. Monomina is watching you. Everyone is watching you. I am Nonamai, queen of the Underwater Ruins.

^How in the world did you come up with that story? Because it sounds like something that you made up.

Cant believe this wasnt mentioned at all but:

When you enter Dragonspiral Tower you can plainly see there is a small area with water. Away from the water is a section of temple. The water is too low to reach said area.

I bet that is somewhat connected to Gray and the prophecy/history of the two other ruins.

As for my interpretation of the scripts of abyssal ruins:

I honestly believe that there was one dragon that sided with the king and then became three when the twins (sons of the king) separated them. This made the original dragon much weaker and distorted. (this theory was already posted by some other person)

What exactly is following you and kicking you out of the abyssal ruins as someone mentioned before?

"Saved all from waves."

Wasnt there a giant flood that destroyed village bridge? One lady in Village Bridge said that they had to build a bridge and start anew after said flood occurred.

And now the crown comes in. My theory is, that Kyurem will be called with the God Stone in Grey version, but how will it change form? If not by some new item in Grey, maybe from a Relic Crown from Black or White version, or possibly one in Grey. This ties in to Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. If you trade a Relic Crown from Black, Kyurem will try to learn Ice Burn, and the one from White Freeze Shock, upon changing form, just like changing Rotom's forms in Platinum. Or maybe, since Game Freaks knows very well that many people have sold the Crown, that it wont be necessary for the form change, and merely the way to learn the moves. It makes sense to me, because how else would each on Kyurem learns be determined? And maybe this determines the stat change as well? With Ice burn being Special and Freeze Shock being Physical, maybe the crown grating the respective move will add 20 to the attacking stat?

So in short, the Relic Crown will change Kyurem's form, and if you trade one from either Black or White it will try to learn the respective move, and maybe gain stats to accommodate this. This is just my speculation, obviously.

I doubt they'd make it so you have to trade the Crown from Black/White for anything really, if so it would be incredibly lame for anyone who already sold it. Also, say you traded both, would the game be able to differentiate which came from which version, or how would you be able to pick which one you wanted?

I do think that the crown will be used to change forms (and probably boost dragon and ice type moves) and Kyurem will be able to learn both Freeze Shock and Ice Burn in its alternate form. The fact that Freeze Shock is physical and induces paralysis and Ice Burn is special and induces burn makes the whole idea of Kyurem being the "corpse" of the combined Reshiram/Zekrom seem rather likely.

With this comes more speculation. If Kyruem is the corpse of Zekrom and Reshiram's combined being, Zekrom and Reshiram represent the different energy that Kyurem lacks. The new form would probably have to make up for the energy loss, and gain a different type, such as Normal or Water. Due to the Abyssal Ruins being you know, under water, this would be my guess, especially with the only Plates you obtain outside of the ruins being Water and Dragon, but with Palkia being Dragon/Water I find this unlikely. Would the new form gain Multitype, to make use of the plates in the Ruins, with the respective plate replacing the Ice typing? Or are the plates merely in there to give the players a way of obtaining them in Gen 5 and nothing more?

I think the plates being there is just a way to get them in Gen 5, it's not like you catch Kyurem in the ruins or anything. Then again they could give Multitype to another pokemon, a generation ago I would've thought there's no chance, but they gave Drought and Drizzle to pokemon via the Dream World so anything's feasible now.

I'm guessing at least Mew might get Multitype from going to the Dream World, maybe Mewtwo and possibly (would make some sense I guess) Unown and Regigas.
Though most likely the plates were mainly intended so you can use them with an imported Arceus and as type-boosters. As for Kyurem he will likely just get a dual type-booster that might or might not increase his stats by changing his shape as well, if we're lucky there might be a way to "evolve" him into the complete creature in Gen 6 if you have all three dragons by giving him some "essence" of the two others.

Though most likely the plates were mainly intended so you can use them with an imported Arceus and as type-boosters. As for Kyurem he will likely just get a dual type-booster that might or might not increase his stats by changing his shape as well, if we're lucky there might be a way to "evolve" him into the complete creature in Gen 6 if you have all three dragons by giving him some "essence" of the two others.

That's exactly what the plates are for.

I'm certain that the Abyssal Ruins have nothing to do with either Mewtwo or Mew.

I agree about that, but seeing how Mew has the DNA of all pokémon but is only a psychic type, it would be resonable that it could in some way change type, the same goes for Mewtwo since it is a clone of Mew, having the same DNA and all.

And Unown and Regigas is due to Unown being living symbols with supposedly limitless power and Regigas being a golem (which in some cases are changed by inserting various implements) of extreme power (pulling the continents and such).

I agree about that, but seeing how Mew has the DNA of all pokémon but is only a psychic type, it would be resonable that it could in some way change type, the same goes for Mewtwo since it is a clone of Mew, having the same DNA and all.

I don't think that having the snippets of DNA from all pokemon means that it can change type. IRL, we share something like 75% of our DNA with bananas. Does that mean we can turn into a banana tree? No. So I don't think that Mew can change type.

And Unown and Regigas is due to Unown being living symbols with supposedly limitless power and Regigas being a golem (which in some cases are changed by inserting various implements) of extreme power (pulling the continents and such).

But Unown aren't cuneiform, they're a version of the Phoenician alphabet -- They spell out things that we can read. And how is Regigigas being a golem play into the Abyssal Ruins at all, not to mention the hidden message?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom