• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

United States Politics

The recount effort wasn't going to amount to anything either way. Think it's safe to say that Trump is here whether we like it or not. Nothing that can really be done other than wait until 2020 to inevitably boot him out when his policies fail and his presidency is a trainwreck that makes the country little more than a laughingstock. He's already setting the stage for a less-than-competent presidency.

Well, not even two weeks into Trump's presidency, and our country is already going up in flames. What have we done, what TF have we done?

I get where he's coming from with the travel ban, I think he's going about it the wrong way. Had he instead warranted for thorough background checking- if we haven't been doing that already- I would have agreed, though I believe that'd do little to stop the terrorists.

And let's all remember, this ban just doesn't hurt Muslims from these seven countries- it hurts everyone coming from those seven countries- Muslim, Christian, and Atheist alike.

Didn't know where else to put this, so...

Russia: Syria establishes control over eastern Aleppo - CNN.com

We vowed "never again" after Rwanda, and yet here we are.

Edit: Oh yeah, and there's this...

View: https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/808676879481835520

Wait, so are you advocating for intervention in a foreign country whose leader and his military are committing massive crimes against the people, and then maligning Bush's intervention in Iraq in the same post?

Wait, so are you advocating for intervention in a foreign country whose leader and his military are committing massive crimes against the people, and then maligning Bush's intervention in Iraq in the same post?
I don't know exactly what we should have done about Syria, but it's apparent the course of action we took wasn't it.

It was more of the Iraq War was a disaster, and war with Iran would be even more so.

I get where he's coming from with the travel ban, I think he's going about it the wrong way. Had he instead warranted for thorough background checking- if we haven't been doing that already- I would have agreed, though I believe that'd do little to stop the terrorists.

And let's all remember, this ban just doesn't hurt Muslims from these seven countries- it hurts everyone coming from those seven countries- Muslim, Christian, and Atheist alike.

The dumbest thing about the ban is that zero (0!!) people in America have been killed by a terrorist from those seven countries, in the last forty years. It solves a non existent problem.
The real problem is that around 50 people a year gets shot by babies. Why is nobody talking about the radical fundamentalist baby problem!!!:mad:.

The dumbest thing about the ban is that zero (0!!) people in America have been killed by a terrorist from those seven countries, in the last forty years. It solves a non existent problem.
The real problem is that around 50 people a year gets shot by babies. Why is nobody talking about the radical fundamentalist baby problem!!!:mad:.

WE ARE GOING TO BUILD A DAYCARE, AND MAKE THE BABIES PAY FOR IT.

It's clear that Bannon and Trump want a war bad. Completely unrelated, but did you know that war has consistently been a fantastic way for the US government to curtail civil rights, up to and including dissent?

It's clear that Bannon and Trump want a war bad. Completely unrelated, but did you know that war has consistently been a fantastic way for the US government to curtail civil rights, up to and including dissent?

well of course they want war, otherwise how are we gonna kill those pesky terrorists? [/sarcasm]

Someday I do hope we become isolationist so we don't have to be all of the world's nanny- because we all know what everyone thinks of us. We just need to take a few steps back and focus on our own problems at home before solving everyone else's.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I usually don't get involved in political arguments... but actually most of the world DOESN'T want America acting like it's world police. At least, not those of us who are from countries that were invaded by America because America wanted to enforce or dethrone certain politicians for America's own self-interests.

I'm sorry, I usually don't get involved in political arguments... but actually most of the world DOESN'T want America acting like it's world police. At least, not those of us who are from countries that were invaded by America because America wanted to enforce or dethrone certain politicians for America's own self-interests.

that's where I was getting at; as a nation we developed a sort of "hero complex". We need to just stay out of other countries' business for a little while, and regain our own strength.

that's where I was getting at; as a nation we developed a sort of "hero complex". We need to just stay out of other countries' business for a little while, and regain our own strength.
Regain what strength? We're the most powerful country in the world. Our military is cartoonishly big. We shouldn't end American imperialism just to focus on "restoring" our country or whatever, we should end it because it is morally wrong.

Regain what strength? We're the most powerful country in the world. Our military is cartoonishly big. We shouldn't end American imperialism just to focus on "restoring" our country or whatever, we should end it because it is morally wrong.

I was under the impression that our military is exhausted after both Iraq and Syria. Has our situation changed since then?

I was under the impression that our military is exhausted after both Iraq and Syria. Has our situation changed since then?
It hasn't changed, that simply was never the case. We have a large enough military with enough reserves to ensure that exhaustion is never an issue. It was the public that became exhausted.

In a sense, yes. It probably won't hold long but it's definitely a humiliation for Trump on one of his key campaign promises.

I may have voted for Trump, but I gotta say, guys: watching Trump flip his shit over the travel ban lift is rather hilarious.

Then again, I only really voted for him for the memes, so I didn't really expect much for him.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom