• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's Pokemon Diamond "Nostalgia Run"

Log #41-Route 219, 220, & 221
  • 726px-Pal_Park_HGSS.png
    Heading south from Sandgem Town, I traveled through the three Routes of 219, 220, and 221, which are all Water Routes. There were many different trainers, and this was a great location to train up before I headed to Canalave City. There were several islands in the area that had very strong trainers, providing for a challenge.

By the time I got to the area that will become Palpark (which was still under construction), my team was very worn out, and I flew back to Jubilife to heal and move on.

In the next Log, we will explore Canalave City. Until then, we will see you!

Log #42-Route 218 & Canalave City
  • From Jubilife City, I traveled west across the water of Route 218, eventually landing on the shore of Canalave. I explored the city, eventually crossing the bridge to the other side of the City. There, I ran into Barry, who wanted to battle.

123px-Brilliant_Diamond_Shining_Pearl_Barry.png
    Barry comes into this battle with 5 Pokemon. He opened with Staravia (Level 31) and I opened with Valkyrie (Level 38). We exchanged Aerial Aces, and then Valkyrie took it down. He then brought out Ponyta (Level 32) and I stayed in with Valkyrie. While Ponyta got in a Stomp, I struck back with 2 Aerial Aces. This brought Valkyrie to Level 39, with the rest of my team.

I switched out to Caesar (Level 39) when he brought out Heracross (Level 30), which I OHKOed with Flame Wheel. He then brought out his ace, Prinplup (Level 35). He used Aerial Ace against Caesar's Shadow Claw. Three strikes and I beat it down.

Finally, he sent out his Rosalia (Level 32). Caesar did one Flame Wheel to OHKO Rosalia.

I beat Barry and he ran away, clearly upset. Instead of going to the Canalave Gym, I decided to go to Iron Island to train beforehand. In the next Log, we will explore Iron Island. Until then, we will see you.

Log #43-Iron Island
  • 800px-Canalave_City_anime.png
    Iron Island.jpg
    Traveling to Iron Island, I took my full team to the island, using this as an opportunity to train. There are so many trainers here, which was helpful to get me set up for Byron.

Eventually, I ran into Riley, who had his Lucario. This turned most of the battles to Multi Battles. Lucario was not too helpful here, especially since he was Level 34 when my team was Level 39. That meant most of my attacks that effected 2 Pokemon defeated Lucario as well.

While with Riley, I battled 2 Team Galactic grunts, who traveled there to help push the goals of the Team forward. They were quickly defeated.

Lastly, I collected the Riolu egg on the second visit, then left the Island.

After I left Iron Island, I finished training using the Valor Lakefront Restaurant, then flew back to Canalave City. Before I took on the Gym, I decided to take the Shiny Stone I collected on Iron Island to evolve my Rosalia (Roosevelt) to Roserade, since there are no major moves for Rosalia after getting Petal Dance.

The next Log will be the battle with Byron. His battle will have 3 Pokemon, and I am not sure which Pokemon to bring as my team of 3. Caesar (Infernape) and Bubblegum (Gastrodon) are obvious due to their typings, but who would be the 3rd? It's either going to be Josephine (Skunktank) or Valkyrie (Staraptor). Skunktank gives me an additional access to Fire type attacks (it has Flamethrower), while Staraptor has access to Fighting type attacks (It has Close Combat). It will be interesting to figure that out.

Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #44-Byron (Gym #6)
  • My Team:
    Caesar (Infernape)-Level 40
    Sphinx (Luxray)-Level 40
    Josephine (Skuntank)-Level 40
    Roosevelt (Roserade)-Level 40
    Bubblegum (Gastrodon)-Level 40
    Valkyrie (Staraptor)-Level 40

Gym Puzzle: The puzzle was an elevator puzzle, going up and down to get to the back, where Byron awaits. It can be a very challenging puzzle, even more so than Wake in my view.

Gym Trainers: It's a very interesting mix of Rock, Steel, & even a Water type user.

289px-Diamond_Pearl_Byron.png
    Gym Leader: In the last Log, I mentioned how I was uncertain who my 3rd Pokemon would be. I ended up settling on Skuntank (Josephine). This means my choices were Caesar (Infernape), Bubblegum (Gastrodon), & Josephine (Skuntank).

Byron opened with Bronzor (Level 36), and I opened with Josephine (Level 40). I struck with Flamethrower, which took half of its health. It attempted to use Hypnosis, which missed. One more Flamethrower took out Bronzor.

Byron changed to Steelix (Level 36), while I stayed with Josephine, striking with Flamethrower. It did significant damage, and Steelix retaliated with Gyro Ball. Josephine did one last Flamethrower, taking out Steelix.

Down to his last Pokemon, he brought out Bastiodon (Level 39). I changed to Caesar (Level 41). I hit with Flame Wheel, which burned Bastiodon, though it quickly recovered with Rest, then used its Chesto Berry to wake up, setting me at square one again. Striking with another Flame Wheel, Bastiodon slowly took some damage. Bastiodon hit back with Flash Cannon, which barely did anything to Caesar. Wanting to end this battle, fearing a long dragged out fight, Caesar used Close Combat, finally taking out Bastiodon and winning me the battle.

6th Badge down!

Now we have the capability to use Strength outside of battle (finally, we got it back at the Lost Tower), and I intend to push some rocks around. In the next Log, we will do just that. Until then, we will see you!

Log #45-Pushing Some Rocks
  • After I left the Canalave Gym, I ran into Barry, who wanted me to join him at Canalave Library. First Cynthia, now Barry! Instead, I took a few days to train up my HM Team before I prepared to be ready for the meeting in the library. I got here quite a bit earlier than I thought, especially since I was training up my second team (my HM Team). I trained them up to between Levels 26 and 28. Now, when I am able to, I can spend some time at the Valor Restaurant if I need to. I will when I need to use Rock Climb (Log #51).

Oreburgh Gate.png
    I took a moment to go to Oreburgh Gate, where I gathered TM 31 (Brick Break) and TM 70 (Flash). If I want to later, I can go to the Wayward Cave with a Pokemon that can use Flash (like Kadabra) and get TM 26 Earthquake.

For now, it is good enough that I can now use Strength (Bibarel is my Pusher).

With that done, I flew back to Canalave City.

In the next Log, we will go into the Canalave Library (Log #46). I know Cynthia was pushing me to go there. Time to meet up with Barry. Probably Rowan and Dawn will be there too. Hopefully, it will be a good meeting. Until then, we will see you!

Log #46-Canalave Library
  • 240px-Canalave_Library_Pt.png
    Coming into the Canalave Library, I went up to the third story, where Barry met us at the stairs. For once, he did not fine me. I think Rowan beat him down.

Sitting with Barry (who tried to escape), Rowan, & Dawn, Rowan explained about the Myths and the Lake Guardians, stressing that they maintained a balance in the lakes they inhabit. Suddenly, their is a loud BOOM, heard from inside the library. Rowan and the others think that it is an earthquake, but something else feels afoot.
    794px-Lake_guardians_DP.png
    Rowan encourages the group to split up.

Lake Verity: Mespirit
    Rowan & Dawn are going back here, since it is near Twinleaf Town, and they are stationed at Sandgem Town.

Lake Valor: Azelf
    I don't know why I am the one to go here. I have my 6 Badges, and it would be good for me to go to Lake Acuity, since it is near Snowpoint City, where my 7th Gym would be. Even so, it will be nice for me to finally be able to visit Lake Valor. I have been wanting to do so since I met up with Cynthia near the entrance and I hunted down that Team Galactic grunt who had that bomb. It is time for me to finally pay my respects.

Lake Acuity: Uxie
    Barry is supposed to go here. He actually called himself "the hotness". Does Barry somehow have the 7th Gym Badge ahead of me? Rowan said that he needed "someone tough to go". Really? I have beaten Barry every time we have battled. I think I am the tougher one. Still, Rowan slammed Barry for departing the Lab "before getting a Pokedex". something makes me think I will end up saving Dawn as well as Barry.

Then I will be the strongest one...

Rowan warned us to be careful, then we departed the library (the Librarian actually cried I think), where a sailor thought it was a bomb, not an earthquake.

Flying to Pastoria, then heading east, then north, I found myself at the entrance of Lake Valor. in the next Log, we will see what is going on there, then travel to Lake Verity (we can't go to Lake Acuity yet. I hope Barry "the hotness" will be okay). Until next time, we will see you!

Log #47-Visiting The Lakes
  • 720px-Lake_Valor_Pt.png
    Lake Valor
    Upon coming into Lake Valor, I see that there is a dry lake bed, and Magikarp flopping around. I defeated a few of the Team Galactic Grunts, then I went into the cave, where I saw a dark blue haired man with his back turned to me. The dude also was wearing a Team Galactic outfit, like a Commander. Who is this dude?
    184px-Diamond_Pearl_Saturn.png
    He introduced himself as Commander Saturn, then challenged me to battle. He opened with Kadabra (Level 35) and I opened with Sphinx (Level 40). Kadabra started with Shock Wave, then Sphinx hit with Crunch in an OHKO.

Saturn brought out Toxicroak (Level 37) and I switched to Valkyrie (Level 40). One Aerial Ace took out Toxicroak in an OHKO.

Finally, Saturn brought out Bronzor (Level 35) and I continued with Valkyrie. Two hits of Close Combat ended that battle. Saturn commanded a retreat, and Team Galactic departed. Saturn mentioned about Commander Mars, who is at Lake Verity.

Time for me to go there and save Dawn!
    224px-Diamond_Pearl_Mars.png
    Flying to Sandgem Town and traveling home to Twinleaf Town, I visit Mom, then go to Lake Verity. Professor Rowan meets me, asking me to help Dawn, who is fighting Saturn.

There are a lot of Team Galactic Grunts, all of whom are two grunts against my team. I think they are Double Battles. After I beat them all, I saw Commander Mars, who we last fought at the Valley Windworks.

She opened with Golbat (Level 37), I opened with Roosevelt (Level 40), then switched to Sphinx (Level 41). Sphinx was confused, then hit with Air Cutter & Bite. Sphinx hit with Spark, causing an OHKO.

She switched to Bronzor (Level 37), and I used Caesar (Level 41). One Flame Wheel ended with an OHKO on Bronzor. In a final bid, Mars sent out Purugly (Level 39), and I changed to Roosevelt (Level 40). Roosevelt established Toxic on Purugly. Purugly hit with Slash, striking like a semi truck. Roosevelt did one Giga Drain, leading to a surprising OHKO.

As she departed, Mars mentioned Lake Acuity and Commander Jupiter. Barry is likely fighting her right now. Looks like I stopped Saturn & Mars, at least for now.

After these battles, I decided to take a rest and train up my HM Squad to get to Level 35-40 with them. I will need to use Surf (Floatzel), Strength (Bibarel), Defog (Drifblim), and Rock Smash (Cranidos) to get through this next part, so I have to take a step back. Once my HM Squad is ready, I will go through Routes 216, 217, & Lake Acuity. In the next Log (Log #48), we will go through Mt. Coronet and through these snowy areas, with the goal to get to Snowpoiint City, since I will desperately need to heal.

Once that is done, we will get the regular team and take on the Snowpoint Gym (Log #49). Until next time, we will see you!

Log #48-Routes 216, 217, & Lake Acuity
  • This is the first Log in which I could not use my Main Team due to the required use of HMs, so I got most of my HM Squad up to Level 38.
    HM Squad:
    Kricketune-Level 35
    Bibarel-Level 38
    Drifblim-Level 33
    Rampardos-Level 38
    Floatzel-Level 38
    Graveler-Level 38

800px-Sinnoh_Route_216_DP.png
    80px-Sinnoh_Route_217_DP.png

After I got through Mt. Coronet, I got to Route 216, which is covered in snow. Eventually, I was slowed to a crawl, with the bike unable to be used, and then suddenly the weather turned into a blizzard. Slowly, carefully, I got to the nearby house, where I could heal. I was not afraid to go back to the house to heal as much as I needed. I was exceptionally careful, saving after each battle. When I managed to get to Route 217, I stumbled around, eventually finding a house that had HM 08 (Rock Climb) near it. This was a REQUIRED pick up, otherwise I would be unable to continue. I talked to the hiker inside, who let me keep it. Where had he found it?

Soon, I got to Acuity Lakefront, where two Galactic Grunts blocked the entrance. Wanting to move to the next settlement (Snowpoint City), I moved east, eventually arriving there, finding the Pokemon Center and healing up. At least I am safe now!

In the next Log, we will be taking on Candice, leader of Snowpoint Gym. Time to swap out teams for a bit. I am not sure what my team should be for the final fight. I have Infernape, Skuntank, and Staraptor for sure, and I think I will also have Roserade, since it also has Poison type moves, like Toxic. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #49-Candice (Gym #7)
  • Here we go. The 7th Gym. This was my team before coming in:
    Caesar (Infernape)-Level 41
    Sphinx (Luxray)-Level 41
    Josephine (Skuntank)-Level 41)
    Roosevelt (Roserade)-Level 41
    Bubblegum (Gastrodon)-Level 41
    Valkyrie (Staraptor)-Level 41

Gym Puzzle: This is the toughest Gym Puzzle so far. After I beat the trainers, I used this video to get me through it:

ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS PUZZLE!

Gym Trainers: They are a mixed group. Most have Ice types, but there are also a lot of Water, Poison, and Steel types. This mixed bag, combined with the puzzle, made for a tough challenge to know what trainer I would run into. Overall, they were not too tough.

320px-Candice_anime.png
    Gym Leader: I rearranged my team after beating all of the trainers down to Caesar (Level 42), Josephine (Level 42), Roosevelt (Level 41), and Valkyrie (Level 41), putting Valkyrie first.

Candice opened with Snover (Level 38), which triggered Snow Warning, which would last throughout the battle and do chip damage. Valkyrie struck with Aerial Ace, leading to an OHKO. Candice brought out Sneasel (Level 38), and I stayed with Valkyrie, who used Close Combat, leading to a second OHKO.

Candice sent out Abomasnow (Level 42), and I stayed in with Valkyrie, which used Aerial Ace. That took Abomasnow down to about half. Abomasnow used Woodhammer, causing some damage to Valkyrie. Valkyrie then used another Aerial Ace, taking out Abomasnow. Between all of the Snow Warning damage and Wood Hammer, Valkyrie was pretty low.

Nevertheless, I believed in Valkyrie, and I kept it in against Medicham (Level 40). One single Aerial Ace ended Medicham before it could set up and end the battle.

7th Badge down! Just one more to go!

In the next Log, we will head to Lake Acuity, and see what happened with Barry. I hope he was able to hold his own...
    Until next time, we will see you and find out!

Log #50-Saving Barry
  • After I beat the Gym, I left for Acuity Lakefront.

Going into the Lake area, I see Barry and Jupiter. Seems that he was defeated by her. Rowan thought he was the stronger one?! After Jupiter left for the Veilstone HQ, Barry and I talked. He was a bit of a sad mess, depressed that he could not save Uxie.

You may get your revenge soon Barry!

Goes to show, I had to save both of the others. First, I saved Dawn, and now I saved Barry. Seems like I am the strongest after all.

In the next Log, we will do some Rock Climbing. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #51-Rock Climbing
  • Now that I have gotten my 7th Gym Badge and rescued Barry, it is time to go around and use Rock Climb. First, I changed out my team for my HM Squad, then flew to Canalave City, deleting Rock Smash on Graveler for Rock Climb. Then, I started climbing.

I went to Route 208, Hotel Grand Lake, Route 213, Route 210, Route 216, and Veilstone City. There were a lot of items to collect. Eventually, after I had done all of those climbs, I decided to get ready to take on the Team Galactic Headquarters as well as the Team Galactic Warehouse. I am going to get my Main Team for that...

In the next Log, we will begin the final take down of Team Galactic, which will take a few Logs (Logs #52-#57) to complete. Until then, we will see you!

Log #52-Galactic HQ & Warehouse (Galactic Saga #1)
  • This is the beginning of the Team Galactic Takedown, known as the "Galactic Saga".

188px-Diamond_Pearl_Team_Galactic_Grunts.png
    With my Main Team, I rode up to the Team Galactic Veilstone HQ, the tall building in Veilstone City. As I came up to the doors, I ran into a Team Galactic grunt, who, scared, dropped a key, known as the Storage Key.

After that, I left there, going to the Galactic Warehouse. The Galactic Warehouse was filled with grunts. I beat all of them, eventually gaining the Galactic Key. The Galactic Key would open up the secret passageways of the Galactic HQ.

Now in the Galactic HQ, I continued battling grunts, training my team up.
    235px-Diamond_Pearl_Cyrus.png
    Eventually, I made it to the Boss' office, who turned out to be Cyrus. After he talked to me for a bit, he engaged me in battle, opening with Murkrow (Level 40) against Josephine (Level 42). It took a bit of an exchange (Cyrus liked to heal), but Josephine eventually took out Murkrow.

He sent out Golbat (Level 40), and I stuck with Josephine, figuring that any way to stall out the Poison attacks would help. It was a bit of a long exchange, but eventually, Josephine won out, though Golbat almost beat her.

With a very weak Josephine, I prepared to battle his last Pokemon, Sneasel (Level 43). I thought I could just OHKO with Flamethrower. It didn't happen. Even though I hit Sneasel with Flamethrower, Cyrus healed it, then Sneasel took out Josephine with Ice Punch.

I sent out Roosevelt (Level 42), hoping I could act quickly. Luckily, Roosevelt did move faster than Sneasel, allowing for an OHKO.

Cyrus was defeated this time. He gave me the Master Ball, told me he was going to Mount Coronet, then warp paneled out.

In the next Log, we will finish rescuing the Lake Guardians. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #53-Rescuing the Guardians (Galactic Saga #2)
  • 184px-Diamond_Pearl_Saturn.png
    With Cyrus defeated, I continued searching for the Guardians, knowing that they were being stored somewhere. After some time, I found Commander Saturn, who challenged me to battle. He opened with Kadabra (Level 38), and I opened with Josephine (Level 42). I had taken a minute to heal at the beds after beating Cyrus, since I knew this battle would be challenging. Kadabra was faster, hitting with a Shock Wave, but Josephine struck back with Night Slash, leading to an OHKO.

I switched to Roosevelt (Level 42) to battle Bronzor (Level 38). Strangely, all Bronzor did was hit Roosevelt with Shadow Ball. Each time Shadow Ball hit, Roosevelt kept losing Special Defense. I changed out to Bubblegum (Level 42), who took out Bronzor with Surf.

I kept Bubblegum in against Toxicroak (Level 40). Bubblegum hit twice with Mud Bomb, and all Toxicroak did was use Swagger. With Saturn defeated, he left, allowing me to free the Lake Guardians.

I departed from Team Galactic HQ. In the next Log, we will follow Team Galactic and scale Mount Coronet. It will take a bit to train up, since I am training both my Main Team and HM Squad up to Level 50 before I move forward. The best place for me to train is actually in the snowy area near Snowpoint City, so that is what I will be doing for a bit.

Until we scale Mount Coronet (Log #54), we will see you!

Status Update On The Next Logs
  • Today is Day 10 of my Training. My Main Team is at the desired Level (Level 50). My HM Squad is about 1/3 of the way done. I wanted to post an update, since I figured you guys would like to know my current status.

Main Team
    Infernape
    Luxray
    Skuntank
    Roserade
    Gastrodon
    Staraptor
    HM Squad
    Rampardos
    Graveler
    Floatzel
    Bibarel
    Kricketune
    Drifblim

Once I am done, I will be posting the following Logs:
    Log #54-Mount Coronet (Galactic Saga #3)
    Log #55-Spear Pillar (Galactic Saga #4)
    Log #56-Ending Team Galactic (Galactic Saga #5)
    Log #57-Time Master Dialga (Galactic Saga #6)

These are likely to be posted on the same day (whenever that is...hopefully not too long. Lol.) I think I just need a few more days and they will be ready (I think by some point in the next week). Thank you so much for your patience so far.

Best Regards,
    Unovia

Log #54-Mount Coronet (Galactic Saga #3)
  • WE FINALLY GOT HERE! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE! I WAS EXHAUSTED TRYING TO GET TO THIS POINT!
    With that said, let's get started!

Mt. Coronet.jpg
    The HM Squad:
    Rampardos-Level 50
    Graveler-Level 50
    Floatzel-Level 50
    Bibarel-Level 50
    Kricketune-Level 50
    Drifblim-Level 48

It took me a bit to figure out the location where I could go into. I first tried at Celestic Town. When that failed, I flew to Hearthome City, finding the proper entrance outside of Hearthome City.

188px-Diamond_Pearl_Team_Galactic_Grunts.png
    While I was climbing through Mount Coronet, I discovered that there were 12 Team Galactic Grunts to battle (including the two at Spear Pillar), which I mainly beat down with Drifblim, getting it to Level 50 in the process. I was worried my Levels would not be high enough to take them down, but considering that the levels of the Galactic Grunts were Level 38, I was well above them, and easily OHKOed them. Thank goodness I gave my Drifblim Thunderbolt for the Golbats! It came in handy so much!

Upon beating them all, I prepared for moving forward to battle Mars & Jupiter! In the next Log, we will take them on. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #55-Spear Pillar (Galactic #4)
  • Bracing myself for what was to come, I made sure to have Floatzel as my first Pokemon. As I moved toward Mars and Jupiter, they confronted me. Out of nowhere, Barry showed up!

How did Barry beat me here? I didn't see him on the climb up. Anyway, I am glad to have him as backup. Trust me, he was going to be backup, since he didn't really do too much in this fight.

On to Mars & Jupiter. I was kinda dreading this fight.

Me: Floatzel | Barry: Munchlax (Lv. 40) | Jupiter & Mars: Bronzor (x2) (Lv. 41)
    Floatzel struck first with Surf, which OHKOed both Bronzors and almost took out Barry's Munchlax as well.

Me: Graveler | Barry: Munchlax, then Staraptor (Lv. 40) | Jupiter & Mars: Skuntank & Purugly (Lv. 46 & 45)
    I ended up with a Poisoned Graveler which also was hit by Shadow Claw. Yet, those moves barely did anything, and Graveler OHKOed both Skuntank and Purugly, as well as finally beat Munchlax.

Me: Drifblim | Barry: Staraptor | Jupiter & Mars: Golbat (x2) (Lv. 42)
    One of the Golbats used Confuse Ray against my Drifblim, but Drifblim was able to fight through, using Thunderbolt to clear both Golbats.

I won the fight against Mars & Jupiter. Thanks for the backup Barry! Cyrus called Dialga, the cutscene played, and I prepared to battle Cyrus. In the next Log, we will do so! Until then, we will see you!

Log #56-Ending Team Galactic (Galactic #5)
  • 235px-Diamond_Pearl_Cyrus.png
    Before Barry left, he healed up my team, then Cyrus challenged me to battle. He opened with Honchkrow (Level 45) and I opened with Floatzel. Floatzel missed the first Ice Fang, allowing Honchkrow to strike with Dark Pulse, which did a lot of damage to Floatzel. Floatzel pulled off an Ice Fang, which lead to an OHKO on Honchkrow.

Cyrus sent out Gyrados (Level 45), which I was concerned about, since it has access to Earthquake. I switched to Drifblim, and I was uncertain about my speed. Drifblim was faster, hitting with an OHKO Thunderbolt, ending the big worry.

Cyrus switched to Weavile (Level 48) and I changed to Kricketune. Kricketune used X-Scissor, which did a lot of damage to Weavile, doing enough to push Cyrus to switch out to Crobat (Level 46), which took the X-Scissor. I then switched to Drifblim, who took a Cross Poison. Drifblim struck back with Thunderbolt, OHKOing Crobat.

Down to his last Pokemon, Cyrus brought out Weavile again. Kricketune finished the fight with another X-Scissor, bringing Cyrus to his knees.

Upon beating Cyrus, Dialga waited for me to confront it. Both Dawn & Rowan showed up, encouraging me. In the next Log, we will see if we can capture Dialga! Until next time, we will see you!

Log #57-Time Master Dialga (Galactic Saga #6)
  • 600px-483Dialga_BDSP.png
    Dialga is going crazy trying to "create a new world" for Cyrus. Before I began the battle, I checked to see how many Ultra Balls I had (it was 6). I had not saved through this entire part, meaning if I could not capture Dialga, I would have to reset and replay all of the Team Galactic fighting.

I sent out Graveler, which used Earthquake, taking Dialga down to about 1/4. Dialga eventually beat down Graveler, and I switched to Bibarel, using Hyper Fang, which dropped Dialga super low. With one final Ultra Ball (I had used 5 others before this), I captured Dialga. Named it Chronos and it ended up in the PC.

After I captured Dialga, Dawn and Rowan congratulated me on my victory. I then escaped. Deciding to do some exploration, I explored Oreburgh Gate for a minute, thinking maybe I could find Earthquake there. Turns out, Earthquake is in Wayward Cave, which requires Flash. I think I will train up Abra to go for Earthquake.

Leaving Wayward Cave for now, I decided to do some shopping, grabbing some Ultra,Quick, Timer, & Dusk Balls from Celestic Town as well as some Max Repels so when I chase down Mespirit I could do so.

In the next Log, we will go after Azelf, Uxie, & Mespirit. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #58-Catching The Guardians
  • 794px-Lake_guardians_DP.png
    As you all know, there are three Lake Guardians. These are Azelf at Lake Valor, Uxie at Lake Acuity, and Mesprit at Lake Verity.

I decided that I would go after Azelf and Uxie first because they are stationary encounters. Because I was at Lake Valor following a rest after beating Team Galactic, I decided to face Azelf first. Azelf was a lot more problematic than I thought. At first, I tried to use my HM Squad to capture it.

When that failed, I got my Main Team out to capture Azelf. I Paralyzed Azelf using my Luxray and its Spark attack. Azelf was successfully paralyzed, letting me throw Dusk Balls out to catch Azelf, which it eventually was.

Flying to Snowpoint then heading to Lake Acuity, I once again Paralyzed Uxie and captured it using Dusk Balls.

With both captured, I traveled to Lake Verity, where Mesprit made itself known and then forced me to chase it around Sinnoh. I was a bit frustrated with it, but I had quite a few Max Repels. At first, I thought I could catch it in a Quick Ball. Several Quick Balls in, I decided to try to Poison it, maybe slowing it down. When you are chasing Mespirit, it does not lose HP even when Poisoned. Finally, I came to a decision. I could either use the Master Ball on Mespirit or Cresselia. Deciding to bypass Cresselia since it is not really required to go to Fullmoon Island, I decided to use the Masterball on Mespirit on Route 212.

Now the three Lake guardians are in my possession. In the next Log, we will travel to Route 222 & Sunyshore City. Until then, we will see you!

Log #59-Route 222 & Sunyshore City
  • For most of the game, Route 222 and Sunyshore City was blocked, citing a blackout. Due to beating Team Galactic, enough time has passed to fix the blackout. first was Route 222. There wasn't much here, except a few battles with some fishermen. The wild Pokemon here are in the 40's, creating a good location to train as needed. Eventually, we passed into Sunyshore City.

252px-Flint_E4_anime.png
    As we took the first steps into Sunyshore City, we ran into Flint, who is one of the Sinnoh Elite Four and is also Volkner's (the Sunyshore Gym Leader) best friend. Apparently, Volkner is depressed because he can't find a strong challenger. Flint asks me to give Volkner a challenge that would inspire him to continue as a Gym Leader. Volkner is considering taking on the Elite Four.

After that request, Flint departed, telling me that he expects to see me soon at the Pokemon League. I explored the rest of the city. Apparently, Volkner keeps himself busy by working on the city itself, with the raised walkways being solar panels. Wanting to get Volkner to go to his Gym, I headed to the lighthouse, where Volkner was. We talked a bit, then he departed.

in the next Log, we will take on the Sunyshore Gym. until then, we will see you!

Back
    Top Bottom