• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unovia's White 2 "Gym Leader Ace Pokemon" Challenge

Log #41-Marine Tube To Humilau
  • After I finished training, I flew to Undella Town, where Hugh contacted me, advising me to go to Humilau City. In order to get there, I passed through the Marine Tube.

Marine Tube.jpg
    The Marine Tube is a wonder of engineering. Said to be a "construction of friendship between Humilau City & Undella Town", it is absolutely fascinating. I saw Mantine, Alomomola, and several other Pokemon outside the tube.

It was amazing that the game designers developed the Mantine Tube.

Upon reaching Humilau, Hugh was there, waiting for me. I looked around the city, entering the houses. During the time I walked around, I ran into Marlon, who was taking a swim.

124px-Black_2_White_2_Marlon.png
    Marlon is the Gym Leader of Humilau. Total surfer dude! Seems to be a fun guy. He talked to me, then invited me to take him on at the Gym. I am coming for you bro!

In the next Log, we will go through the Humilau Gym and battle Marlon. Until then, we will see you!

Log #42-Marlon (Gym #8)
  • Before I battled Marlon, I went back to Nimbasa City. Since I beat Drayden, the levels of the Big Stadium & Small Court went up by 10-14, allowing me to easily train. Once that was done, my team became:
    My Team
    Seamus (Emboar)-Level 51
    Clay (Excadrill)-Level 51
    Drayden (Haxorus)-Level 51
    Skyla (Swanna)-Level 51
    Burgh (Leavanny)-Level 50
    Elesa (Zebstrika)-Level 50

I decided I was going to use Burgh and Elesa through the Gym, so the lower level didn't really matter. With all of that said, let's get this Gym started.

Puzzle: This puzzle was actually fun! Honestly, I think that this Water Type Gym is one of the coolest Gyms, with the lilypads and the relaxed atmosphere, perfect for Marlon.

Gym Trainers: There are quite a few trainers in this Gym. I switch trained Burgh & Elesa through the trainers. They helped me set up for Marlon, especially the one who had a Wailord, which allowed me to test my battle theory against Marlon. Burgh & Elesa were trained up to Level 51 to match the rest of my team through the trainers.

Gym Leader:
    Marlon was potentially going to be a challenge. His team is one of the highest leveled final Gyms, being between Levels 49 & 51. He opened with Carracosta (Level 49), and I oped with Burgh. Being faster, I hit with Leaf Blade, which dropped Carracosta, triggering the Sturdy Ability. Carracosta used Shell Smash, trying to boost its stats, and Marlon used a Hyper Potion, healing up and priming to attack me. Burgh used X-Scissor to cut the HP by nearly half. A final Leaf Blade ended that fight.

Next came Wailord (Level 49). Wailord has a TON of HP, with a base HP of 170! On top of that, it is 877.4 Pounds, and has the ability to use Bounce. Imagine, a Pokemon that heavy, being able to bounce! I switched to Elesa, which then used Discharge, leading to an OHKO on Wailord.

The final Pokemon he sent out was Jellicent (Level 51), while I stayed with Elesa. Elesa used Discharge, which Paralyzed Jellicent. Jellicent reacted with Cursed Body, which is an ability that has the potential to disable a move, in this case Discharge. Jellicent did not move due to Paralysis, and because Elesa was full HP, I decided to be a bit reckless, using Wild Charge, which took out Jellicent, giving me the win. Both Burgh and Elesa were now Level 52.

After Marlon gave me the badge, he jumped off the platform and swam away.

Upon beating Marlon, I left the Gym, where Hugh talked to me, leading to the next goal, which is going after Team Plasma. He ran off in pursuit after telling me to go to Route 22.

The next log is a favorite among fans of these playthroughs, Gym Leaders In Review. It will be posted soon! See you shortly.

Log #43-Gym Leaders In Review: Unova
  • Before I do my Review for this group of Gym Leaders, I am going to tag a few posters, who have liked the Gym Leaders In Review in the past.
    @Nicolas721, @prog rocker, @sharkshocker, @toastedghost, @dawn dusk, @Toxtricity, @olivinelighthouse, @Greninjaman

Now to The Review! As a Reminder, it is a 1-3 Rating of each Point. Each item in Review is:
    Gym Puzzle
    Gym Trainer
    Gym Leader

227px-Black_2_White_2_Cheren.png
    #1 Cheren
    Puzzle: 1
    Gym Trainers: 1
    Gym Leader: 2
    Total Score: 4 out of 9
    Review: Cheren, as the first Gym Leader in the game, is as challenging as a first Gym Leader can be. It’s almost as though you are another student in his class. There is no puzzle, and the trainers are weak overall. While Cheren can be a threat if allowed to use Work Up to full effect, if you just keep attacking, he goes down easy. On top of that, the odds that you have gotten multiple team members to counter his team is pretty high, as you battle him a bit late in the scale of First Gyms. Weakest of the Gym Leaders.
    527px-Black_2_White_2_Roxie.png
    #2 Roxie
    Puzzle: 2
    Gym Trainers: 2
    Total Score: 6 out of 9
    Review: Roxie is an interesting fight. There isn’t much of a puzzle to speak of, though I thought having to battle her trainers to stop the music was a nice touch. The Gym, especially at night, is neat with the neon. If you pick up a Magnemite, you can stall her out, otherwise the odds you will have at least one of your team members Poisoned is pretty high. Once again, like Cheren, attacking with speed can overwhelm her, as can getting your levels a bit higher than hers. Still, with only one Steel Type available at this point, you may have a hard time with her. Better than average.
    153px-Black_White_Burgh.png
    #3 Burgh
    Puzzle: 3
    Total Score: 7 out of 9
    Review: Burgh has a pretty challenging puzzle, dealing with Cocoons. Definitely an upgrade from the honeycomb puzzle he had in the original games. It is tough trying to figure out how to get to him. I think it would have been better to have Bug Catchers and/or artists in the Gym instead of the clowns. Interestingly enough, while a good Fire Type or Flying Type can largely sweep his team, the Dwebble can be very off putting, and can turn the battle in Burgh’s favor quickly. Nice upgrades, still weak.
    171px-Black_2_White_2_Elesa.png
    #4 Elesa
    Gym Leader: 3
    Review: There is no puzzle in the “Catwalk Gym”, but the fact that you have to go to the “Roller Coaster Gym” to get the key to actually challenge the proper Gym is why the puzzle portion got a 2. The odds of being Paralyzed is exceptionally high in this Gym. Getting to Elesa herself, she makes frequent use of Volt Switch, which, if you don’t have a Pokemon that can counter it (like Excadrill), you can take severe damage. Unlike in the original games, she did not have two Emolgas that could switch between each other. In addition, the movesets were toned down. Still, the Zebstrika could cause a lot of problems due to its speed if allowed to set up, allowing for potential sweeping.
    Clay.jpg
    #5 Clay
    Total Score: 8 out of 9
    Review: The conveyor belts can be extremely challenging, due to the extreme darkness. In addition, the travel can be very extensive. The trainers can wear out your team, setting the stage for Clay to be an issue. Once you finally get to Clay, he relies heavily on Excadrill to do most of the work, and Excadrill is very difficult to take down. Kinda disappointed he has Bulldoze instead of Earthquake, which Bulldoze is the weaker of the two. Very tough if you are not fast and able to have multiple counters to his team.
    skyla.png
    #6 Skyla
    Review: The hardest part of her Gym is the puzzle, where the winds can blow you out of the Gym itself. The most challenging puzzle up to this point. It can actually be exhausting to try to beat. The Gym Trainers set you up for Skyla. Skyla herself wasn’t too hard, with my Zebstrika able to sweep easily. Swanna can be very difficult to take down if you are not ready to battle her.
    Drayden.jpg
    #7 Drayden
    Gym Trainers: 3
    Total Score: 8 of 9
    Review: It is good to finally battle him. The puzzle is not that hard, since it is a “Dragon Elevator” puzzle, though the directional pad on the head of the dragon can make this a challenge. In regard to the trainers, there are standard battles, rotation battles, & triple battles here, creating a bit of a challenge. Dragons make the battles tough, as there are few types that can do damage to them.

I was very worried about Drayden. I felt I had to take a step back to collect a Beartic and train it so I could use it in this battle. Drayden could be very tough if you are not prepared for him.
    #8 Marlon
    Gym Trainers: 3
    Total Score: 8 of 9
    Review: Marlon has one of the highest final Gyms, between Levels 49 & 51. The puzzle is very fun, going around on lilypads, perfect for a Gym Leader like Marlon. The Gym Trainers are a good set up for Marlon, and there are quite a few trainers in the Gym, allowing for some good training.

Marlon can be a tough Gym Leader. His Carracosta can set up using Shell Smash, allowing for a tough battle. It’s crazy that Wailord is so heavy and can bounce and has a TON of HP. Finally, there is Jellicent, who has Cursed Body. Marlon is a very challenging end to the Region.

Hope you guys like this Review! Unova had quite a few challenging Gyms. There are quite a few with a Total Score of 8. These are:
    Clay, Drayden, & Marlon. If I had to pick the toughest Gym Leader in Unova, it would be Drayden, especially since I felt I had to take a step back to train more and get Beartic to battle the Gym. Well, there you go! Done with another Review! In the next Log, we will go to Route 22 and take on Terrakion, who is also there. Until then, we will see you!

Log #44-Terrakion
  • I will admit I got a little twisted around, surfing on Route 21. I wasn't sure how to get to Route 22 for a bit. Eventually, I figured out that I needed to just walk around the raised platforms of Humilau to get to Route 22. I battled some trainers on the Route. There are quite a few Strength Rocks on the Route, and quite a few raised platforms (like Route 7), but eventually I came upon Terrakion.

Before I was able to go after Terrakion, I ran into Colress, who asked if I was going to challenge Team Plasma, and I got ready to battle him, but instead, he gave me the Colress Machine and started discussing a Crustle obstruction in Seaside Cave. He then departed, leaving me to capture Terrakion.

115px-639Terrakion_BW_anime.png
    Terrakion is the third Sword of Justice. Unlike the others, it took me one try to get him. He is Rock/Fighting, and comes in at Level 45 (or 65 Post Game). I used Elesa and Burgh to whittle it down, and one Ultra Ball caught it.
    Named him Guardian.
    Nice to have all 3!

In the next Log, we will go to Seaside Cave. Until then, we will see you!

Last edited:
    Log #45-Seaside Cave
  • Flying back to Humilau, I surfed back to Route 21, then found my way to Seaside Cave. I did a little exploration, but not much because of the amount of Strength Rocks. I battled most of the trainers in the cave that I could get to, then ran into the Crustle who was blocking an exit. I then caught Crustle. Once it was caught, the exit to Seaside Cave deposited me out near the Plasma Frigate. Hugh met me, congratulating me in arriving, then we heard a loud crash and who should appear but Marlon from the Plasma Frigate!

Marlon seemingly appeared out of nowhere! Unfortunately, he did not understand the threat Team Plasma posed to the Region. Once Hugh explained why he was going after Team Plasma, Marlon departed.

The dude is totally a hippie! It is strange he knew nothing about Team Plasma, and really didn't seem to care.

Hugh rushed ahead onto the ship, leaving me alone for right now. in the next Log, we will clear out the Plasma Frigate. Until the next time, we will see you!

Log #46-Plasma Frigate (Part II)
  • After I trained a bit in Nimbasa, I traveled through Seaside Cave, ready to battle on the Plasma Frigate.

664px-Black_2_White_2_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png
    There are A LOT OF GRUNTS here! It took a bit to clear out the lot. Luckily Hugh was there to help, and I could leave the ship as needed to heal. The good thing is that I found a room full of beds where I could heal later.

Eventually, I uncovered a password to get into a storage location. The password was ZEKROM.
    646Kyurem_BW_anime.png
    Within that room, I saw Kyurem, who is the real powerhouse behind the Frigate. Zinzolin talked about how they used Kyurem's power to freeze Opelucid City solid. Hugh and I worked to defeat Zinzolin & the grunt.

Once Team Plasma was defeated, the Shadow Triad deposited Hugh and I outside the ship.

Cheren met up with us, suggesting we should go to Giant Chasm to continue the fight. In the next Log, after more Nimbasa training, we will hunt down Team Plasma at Giant Chasm. Until then, we will see you!

Log #47-Giant Chasm Visited
  • I know I said I was going to do Nimbasa City training, but I decided to bypass it to continue the story. It took me a bit to find Giant Chasm, but once I did, I interrupted the two Team Plasmas fighting it out.
    568px-Black_White_Team_Plasma_Grunts.png

I beat a few of the Ninja ones, then Hugh ran off across the ice, leaving me to skate across the ice to the Plasma Frigate. I entered the ship, ready to battle. In the next Log, we will beat the Frigate again. See you shortly!

Log #48-Plasma Frigate (Part III)
  • Upon getting on the ship, I battled several Team Plasma Grunts.

There were A LOT of grunts on the ship. On top of that, there was a puzzle to open up the electric field to gain access to Kyurem.

IT WAS VERY CHALLENGING TO OPEN THE PUZZLE UP AND GET THE BARRICADES DOWN! If you think the Lt. Surge puzzle was hard, this one would be impossible for you! It took quite a while, but eventually the gates came down. I saw Kyurem sitting there n his containment.

Eventually, Kyurem was liberated by my actions. I also battled Zinzolin, who worked to stop me.
    319px-Colress_SM_concept_art.png
    I took a Warp Panel, only to come face to face with Colress! Colress had:
    Magneton, Magnezone, Metang, Beheeyem, and Klingklang. The battle was tough, but eventually I prevailed, though it took some healing to do so.

Colress wished me good luck with "my next battle". Just who was I supposed to battle next?
    320px-Shadow_Triad_B2W2_Trailer.png
    At first, when I saw Ghetsis, I thought, "Oh crap! I fight him NOW?!" Turns out it was three battles with the Shadow Triad. The three had 3 Pokemon each.

Battle #1: 2 Pawniard & an Absol
    Battle #2: 2 Pawniard & a Banette
    Battle #3: 2 Pawniard & an Accelgor

The Accelgor was the toughest one of the three. After I beat them, the Purrloin (now Liepard) that was once Hugh's sister has evolved. The three escape with Ghetsis.

Having beaten the Frigate for the 3rd time, it is my mission to go find Ghetsis! In the next Log, we will do that! See you shortly.

Log #49-Dragon of Legend
  • In pursuit of Ghetsis, I ran into a frozen over inner Giant Chasm. There I found Ghetsis. He talked about his master plan, to use Kyurem to take over the world! Kyurem went to freeze me, and suddenly, a man with green hair and a hat came to protect me! Who is this guy?

N.jpg
    This guy is N. He is supposedly Ghetsis' adopted son. The guy comes in with his Reshiram, who uses Fusion Flare to break down the ice from Kyurem.

Kyurem captured Reshiram, bringing Reshiram back to the White Orb.
    240px-646Kyurem-White.png
    The two dragons merged, becoming White Kyurem (Level 55). I used Drayden (Haxorus) to beat down White Kyurem easily with one Dual Chop.

Unfortunately, you can't capture it like this. The two broke apart, and Ghetsis was enraged.
    Ghetsis.jpg
    Now was the time for the battle with Ghetsis... Would I be ready? Only time will tell. In the next Log, we will fight Ghetsis! See you shortly!

Log #50-Plasma's Last Stand
  • In the last Log, we got to the point where we could battle Ghetsis. In this Log, we will actually battle him. Let's go!

Ghetsis.jpg
    THIS BATTLE IS TOUGH AT POINTS!
    Ghetsis opens with Confagrigus (Level 50). The stupid thing took a lot to take down, and it likes to Poison! Seismitoad (Level 50) went down in one hit to Burgh. Eelektross (Level 50) was Ground immune, which I forgot about. Still Clay eventually beat it. Clay also took down Drapion (Level 50). Toxicroak (Level 50) went down to Swanna, and Hydregon (Level 50) went down easily to Drayden.

Honestly, I thought Hydregon would be the toughest one, but Confagrigus was the toughest element, mainly because I was training up while I was fighting.

With Ghetsis defeated, Team Plasma finally collapsed.

Hugh congratulated me, then advised me to go to Route 23 and Victory Road. I need a few days to train up my Primary Team and Secondary Team to Level 60, since Victory Road is going to need the use of HMs. Plus, I did a TON of Logs just today (5), so give me a few days to set up properly. I am also going to go back and battle a few trainers on Route 22, hopefully going to pick up Ice Beam as well.

When am ready, the next Log will be Route 23 and the Victory Road, so until then, see you! Please be patient with me!

Log #51-Route 23 & Victory Road
  • Even though both teams were not Level 60, I decided to take on the Victory Road early, switching out teams as needed. Both of my teams before taking on the Victory Road were:
    Team #1
    Seamus (Emboar)-Level 58
    Clay (Excadrill)-Level 58
    Burgh (Leavanny)-Level 58
    Elesa (Zebstrika)-Level 58
    Drayden (Haxorus)-Level 58
    Skyla (Swanna)-Level 58
    Team #2
    Brycen (Beartic)-Level 55
    Cheren (Stoutland)-Level 55
    Roxie (Scolipede)-Level 55
    Crabcakes (Crustle)-The Crustle from Seaside Cave-Level 55
    Marlon (Jellicent)-Level 55
    Lenora (Watchog)-Level 55
    229px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png
    It took me quite a while, but I eventually got to Hugh. I had to make sure I had my Main Team for this battle. There are a lot of tough trainers in the Victory Road!

Hugh opened with Unfezant (Level 55) and I opened with Clay (Level 58). One Rock Slide was an OHKO. He switched to Bouffalant (Level 55) and I switched to Seamus (Level 58). Bouffalant almost took out Seamus with Earthquake, but a few Arm Thrusts ended that fight. He switched to his Samurott (Level 57), and I switched to Elesa (Level 58). It was a two hit knock out of Samurott, since it was first paralyzed. I switched to Burgh (Level 58) to his Simisage (Level 55). One X-Scissor, and it was an OHKO!

After beating Hugh, he gave me Thunderbolt, then wished me luck as he left.

Having defeated my rival, I took the bridge to the Pokemon League. I have finally made it here, yet I still don't feel ready. The Victory Road took a lot out of me. My plan is to get both of my teams to Level 65, even though my Main Team is going to be the one to take on the Elite Four & Champion while the 2nd Team is going to be the one to go catch the Legendaries (for the most part).

In the next Log (a few days from now) I will take on the Elite Four. There will be an in depth Review of Each Elite Four Member and the Champion! Until next time, we will see you! Please Be Patent With Me!

Unova Elite Four.jpg

Log #52-Pokemon League
  • Unova Elite Four.jpg

Here we go! I thought I would have to train up to Level 63 to 65 before I took on this challenge. I tried the first time at Level 60, cleared through to Caitlin before I started having my team majorly drop and I withdrew. Training up to Level 61 (Nimbasa City, the Lucky Egg, and Victory Road Pokemon helped significantly), I tried again, expecting that I would get hurt enough to withdraw until my plans succeeded. With no thought that I would succeed, I decided to press forward.

Here is the breakdown of my experience.

Shauntal.jpg
    Starting with the Generation V games, you could begin in any order you wanted. Oddly, the Unova Elite Four only has 4 Pokemon each. I decided to go from left to right, starting with Shauntal. The Room was a dark space and the lights were lit by spirits, allowing me to go up the stairs. A lantern moved, and some of the books in the library fell, cluttering in and trapping me in the space. Shauntal is a Ghost type Master.

Shauntal opened with Cofagrigus (Level 56), and I opened with Clay. I hit it with Drill Run, which dropped Cofagrigus until Shauntal had to heal it. Her team fired back with a Shadow Ball, which surprised me, especially considering I expected to be Burned, which would have been really bad. One Drill Run and Earthquake and it went down.

She switched out to Chandelure (Level 58), clearly her ace, while I stayed in with Clay. One Earthquake caused an OHKO for Chandelure.

Next came her Golurk (Level 56) and I switched to Burgh. One Leaf Blade caused an OHKO for her.

Shauntal was down to her last Pokemon Drifblim (Level 56), while I switched to Elesa. I hit with Discharge, which dropped Drifblim significantly. Drifblim hit back with Shadow Ball. One more Discharge ended the fight.
    Grimsley.jpg
    With Shauntal defeated, I moved to the middle left room. Upon entering, several pincers opened up to reveal a staircase, which after I acended onto the platform, they closed. The lamps in the room lit up, and just like that I was face to face with Grimsley, the Dark type Master. Grimsley looked like Dracula!

Grimsley opened with Liepard (Level 56). In my trial run, I opened with Burgh, but this time I decided to use Seamus. Liepard did Fake Out, and after that flinch, Seamus used Arm Thrust, which OHKO Liepard.

Grimsley switched to Krookodile (Level 56) and I switched to Burgh. Burgh used Leaf Blade, which almost was an OHKO. Krookodile struck back with a Rock Tomb, which almost OHKO Burgh, but Burgh held on, using a Leaf Storm (mainly due to the fact I thought I needed the extra power, especially after Grimsley healed up), leading to an OHKO.

He switched to Scrafty (Level 56) and I switched to Skyla. My speed allowed for a Fly to hit, which Scrafty struck back against using Rock Tomb. he really seemed to like the move! Expecting that he would heal, I decided to use Aerial Ace, which ended Scrafty.

In the final battle of the match, Grimsley switched to Bisharp (Level 58), clearly his ace. I switched to Seamus. One Flamethrower caused an OHKO, ending the fight.
    caitlin.png
    In my trial run, this is where my challenge ended, leaving me very nervous. Her room was basically a glitter bomb! Climbing the magically appearing stairs, I was faced with a flower that opened, revealing Caitlin.

She opened with Musharna (Level 56), and I opened with Burgh. I hit with X-Scissor, which dropped Musharna a lot, but then it used Yawn, putting me to sleep on the next turn as she healed it. I used a Full Heal during the same time, reacting with another X-Scissor, ending Musharna.

She switched to Sigilyph (Level 56) and I switched to Elesa. Elesa used Discharge, and Sigilyph used Shadow Ball, which did some damage. Elesa fired back with another Discharge.

Caitlin sent out Reuniclus (Level 56) and I switched back to Burgh. I hit with X-Scissor, then Reuniclus hit with Psychic. One more X-Scissor ended Reuniclus.

Down to her last Pokemon, she brought out Gothitelle (Level 58), her ace. Staying in with Burgh, a single X-Scissor led to an OHKO, winning me the battle. I did much better than I did the first time.
    Marshal.jpg
    Now on the far right, I took on the last room, which I had yet to experience. In my trial run, I had not gotten here. His room opened with a mechanical door, leading to the staircase. Once I was on the platform, Marshal came down what seemed like an elevator.

He opened with Throh (Level 56), and I opened with Skyla. I hit with Fly, then he hit with Rock Tomb, which I survived, striking back with Aerial Ace.

He switched to Conkeldurr (Level 58) his Ace and I stayed in with Skyla. Conkeldurr got hit with Fly, then Conkeldurr used Stone Edge, ending that fight. I switched to Elesa. One Discharge ended Conkeldurr.

He switched to Mienshao (Level 56) and I stayed in with Elesa. One OHKO for Mienshao.

Down to his last Pokemon, he switched to Sawk (Level 56). Sawk ended Elesa with Retaliate. I switched to Burgh. Burgh used X-Scissor, which eventually ended Sawk, since it had been hit with Discharge before. Marshal was defeated, allowing me to move to the Champion!
    iris.png
    Going to the Champion's Room, I was surprised to see Iris on the Champion's Throne. After some conversation, she and I began battle.

She opened with Hydreigon (Level 57) and I opened with Burgh. Being faster than Hydreigon, I used X-Scissor, which almost took it out. Hydreigon used Flamethrower, which was an OHKo on Burgh. I switched to Drayden, which did one Dual Chop, bringing Hydreigon down.

She changed to Lapras (Level 57) and I switched to Elesa. A back and forth ensued, with Elesa taking the win eventually.

I stayed in with Elesa against her Archeops (Level 57). I hit it with Discharge, and Archeops used Dragon Claw, bringing Elesa down. I switched to Clay, who used Rock Slide ending Archeops. Iris had 3 of her team down.

She switched to Aggron (Levle 57) and I changed to Skyla. One Surf took Aggron down.

She switched to Druddigon (Level 57) and I changed to Drayden, who took it down with one Dual Chop.

Down to her last Pokemon, she brought out her Haxorus (Level 59), her ace. Drayden used Dual Chop, which her Haxorus barely survived then fired back with her own Dual Chop, taking out Drayden. I switched back to Skyla. One Surf ended the match, winning me the battle and declaring me the Champion!

The Credits rolled, and I came back home to Aspertia City. We begin the Post Game in the next Log! Until then, we will see you!

Log #53-The Former Champion of Unova
  • 240px-Black_White_Cedric_Juniper.png
    Upon waking up, I talked to my Mom, who was excited that she was having a visitor, Cedric Juniper.

Cedric is the father of Prof. Juniper. He updated my Pokedex to the National Mode. Then he departed.

Upon leaving the house, I met with Hugh and his sister, who thanked me for rescuing her Purrloin. She then mentions a dream she had that involved a Zoroark. Hugh then congratulated me on becoming Champion.

I then flew to Nimbasa City, where I trained. The Stadium is packed more with a lot more people to battle. My Team got to Level 63 as training occurred.
    152px-Black_White_Alder.png
    I flew to Floccesy Town, where I ran to Alder's House. This Battle is very tough!

He opened with Accelgor (Level 60) and I opened with Seamus (Level 63). Somehow the Focus Blast hit, but Seamus survived and hit with Flamethrower, leading to an OHKO. He then sent out Bouffalant (Level 60) and I switched to Burgh (Level 63). Bouffalant is hard to take down! I eventually took it down using Leaf Blade, though I took a lot of damage. He switched to Volcarona (Level 62) and I switched to Clay (Level 63). Clay took Volcarona went down in an OHKO. He brought down Conkeldurr (Level 60) and I brought out Skyla (Level 63). After a brief exchange, Conkeldurr beat Skyla. Elesa (Level 63) defeated both Conkeldurr and Braviary (Level 60). He finished with Escavalier (Level 60), who beat Elesa. Clay finished Escavalier, winning me the battle.

I have now defeated 2 Champions of Unova!

In the next Log, we will hunt down the Lake Guardians of Sinnoh. Until then, we will see you!

Log #54-Hunting the Lake Guardians of Sinnoh
  • 320px-Lake_guardians_anime.png
    This Log covers Mespirit & Azelf because Uxie is in Nacrene City, which I have not gotten to yet.

I did my Nimbasa City training for the day, then flew back to Floccesy Town. It is hard to find the location of the Cave of Being. I used my secondary team to scale the waterfall which eventually took me to the Cave of Being, where Professor Juniper met with me. She discussed about the Lake Trio of Sinnoh, then the three showed up and spirited away to other locations.

Mespirit (Level 65) would be found at the top of the Celestial Tower and Azelf would be found in a small area of Route 23. Going after Mespirit was interesting. I opened with Lenora (Watchog). I was curious if the Quick Ball I had would work to catch it so I threw it and it worked. Mespirit was captured!

Next was Azelf (Level 65). Aself was in a far interior area of Route 23. I used my second team to catch it. Azelf was really tricky to catch. I pinned it down with Mean Look, then used one Super Fang before Azelf took Lenora down. I then brought out Roxie (Scolipede) who I used to poison it. Azelf took down Roxie. I sent out Cheren (Stoutland), then started chucking Ultra Balls, eventually catching Azelf.

Getting back to Humilau, a rich couple wanted me to go back to Celestial Tower and ring the bell. I had to do a very challenging gauntlet. I eventually succeeded, ringing the bell for the couple.

In the next Log, we will meet up with Amantia who is in Castelia City. Until then, we will see you!

Log #55-Amantia
  • 600px-133Eevee.png
    Flying to Castelia City, it took me a while to find Amantia. I had wanted to get the gift Eevee back when I was first in Castelia City back at the 3rd Gym Badge. However, it was not available until the Post Game.

I got it, placed it in the box, and moved on, giving it the Soothe Bell. If I was going to use it, it would have been best to make it an Espeon.

For now, its just in the box.

In the next Log, I was considering going for the Hoenn Regis, but I decided to skip it, so the next Logs, we will be:

Log #56-Going After Hugh in Undella Town, which will open up battles with him in Driftveil every day.
    Log #57-Revisit Route 14, now with White Forest available.
    Log #58-Explore White Forest.
    Log #59-Explore the previously inaccessible Route 15 and catch Cresselia, who rests here.

All of these will be done soon, in rapid succession! Until then, we will see you!

Log #56-Hugh In Undella
  • 229px-Black_2_White_2_Hugh.png
    Arriving in Undella Town, I met up with Hugh, who discussed Cynthia, gave me Dive, then challenged me to battle!

He opened with Unfezant (Level 62) and I started with Elesa (Level 66). Three Discharges and Unfezant fell. He then brought out Bouffalant (Level 62) and I changed to Drayden (Level 66). Bouffalant took a bit to take down (I really should get Brick Break for Drayden!). Samurott (Level 64) went down to Elesa (Level 67), Eelectross (Level 62) took a bit to take down as well. Flygon (Level 62) and Simisage (Level 62) went down to Burgh (Level 66).

Once I beat Hugh, he left to evaluate his course. From now on, Hugh has daily battles in Driftveil City.

Once I beat Hugh, I decided to go find Route 14 again. Until next time, we will see you!

Log #57-Route 14 Revisited
  • 1200px-Unova_Route_14_Summer_B2W2.png
    Route 14...the foggy Route. Thank goodness I had beaten all of the trainers here when I last visited. Honestly, I am surprised that Defog wasn't a thing in this Generation.

Why was I here? In a past Log (Log #34), I had explored the Route, unsure of whether or not I could explore White Forest in the Main Game. When I had gotten there, I found a line of people. I hoped that this would be different, especially after becoming the Champion.

I decided to end this Log crossing into the gate for White Forest. In the next Log, we will explore White Forest. Until then, we will see you!

Log #58-White Forest
  • White Forest.png
    Crossing into White Forest, I check out the people and buildings. White Forest is exclusive to White & White 2, while Black City is Black & Black 2.

There isn't much here except for White Treehollow, another "Battle Frontier" type experience. I am not going to take it on. My interest is just to pass through and go beyond it, even though Alder suggested I take it on.

In the next Log, we hunt down Cresselia on the Marvelous Bridge. Until then, we will see you!

Log #59-Route 15 & Marvelous Bridge
  • Upon leaving the White Forest Area, I keep my Main Team with me to clear out the trainers in the area. On Route 15, there is the Poke Transfer Lab. The scientists there were surprised I had all 8 Badges. How could I get here without them? Anyway, I switched my team using the PC they had there, ready to go on the Marvelous Bridge. Upon crossing onto the Bridge, I was surprised there was no Cresselia that showed up. Just what was I missing? Apparently I needed the Lunar Wing. The only way to find it was the Strange House between Lentimas Town & Reversal Mountain. Eventually, I traded out my team back to my Main team, then flew to Lentimas Town. Riding my bike, I eventually found my way to the Strange House, a haunted house. I had previously explored the house, but not too seriously. I needed a walkthrough to get to the Lunar Wing, and there is even a Ghost Girl!

I got turned around, but eventually I got the Lunar Wing. Leaving the House, I worked my way back to Marvelous Bridge, trading out my teams. Riding my bike on the Bridge, Cresselia was summoned through the Lunar Wing, and the battle was on!

115px-488Cresselia_DP_anime.png
    Cresselia is Level 68, and very tough! I had gotten some Quick Balls and Dusk Balls. Thank goodness I had taken a minute to get those (they are obtainable in Opelucid). Unlike in the Sinnoh games, Cresselia does not roam, meaning that you have a stationary fight. I threw a Quick Ball, which failed. Then I changed out to use Roxie, who I used to Poison and drop the health down.

With Cresselia poisoned and weak, I threw a Dusk Ball and captured it. Another Legendary down! Too bad Darkrai is not available.

In the next Log, we will hunt down the old Team Plasma Castle. Until then, we will see you!

Log #60-The Former King's Castle
  • After I did my Nimbasa City battles for the day, I flew to Victory Road. After meandering for a while, I eventually came across a Zoroark.

600px-571Zoroark.png
    Is this the Zoroark from Hugh's sister's dreams? Only one way to find out. Time to follow it! I chased it down into the ruins of the Plasma Castle, where N met with me. Did it turn into N?
    N.jpg
    Upon coming into the Castle, N traveled with me, discussing the "end of Ghetsis' dreams". We went through a few locations, and then in the throne room. In the room, N battled me with his Reshiram (Level 70). I started with Clay (Level 68). Thinking that Reshiram was going to be faster, I expected that Reshiram would beat it down before I could attack. Instead, Clay hit with Drill Run, which almost OHKO Reshiram. N healed up Reshiram, who then used Fusion Flare, taking out Clay in an OHKO. After that, I sent out Drayden (Level 68) and managed to hit twice with Dual Chop, OHKO Reshiram.

With N defeated, Reshiram and N had a tearful goodbye, and N gave me the Light Stone. Soon I will be able to catch it!

I used Clay to leave the Victory Road, preparing to take on the next journey. In the next Log (Log #61), I will travel through Tubeline Bridge & Route 8 on the way to Icirrus City, where I can finally explore it. Until next time, we will see you!

Back
    Top Bottom