• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia US Presidents Mafia I - Endgame: President's Day 13/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......That was a freaking OP town!

@Zexy looks like you were wrong about that strongman :p Also I saw what Human claimed in the at thing after I had read the thread. I'm surprised you didn't lynch him just for that claim. It was so bad ;_;

Congrats town!

Thanks ME for too much text to scroll through especially since I'm on my phone. And for hosting and letting me sub into hell. :p

And thanks to Soulmaster too!

Yeah we realized how bad it was after we saw all the talking happening behind the scenes, it has been noted for future games.

Congrats to the all of the victors though!

So how'd I die? Vig? Either way had fun thanks for the host ME and soul

@WolfOwl at least you temporarily got to be the best President the US has ever had, and you got a glorious death.

A couple of interesting things to note: while I was always going to put both Grover Clevelands in the same game, I was originally going to give them different roles and allow nameclaiming.

As was noted in a previous post, most people would not have expected George Washington to be a mafioso, and most people probably would have pounced on Richard Nixon as scum.

As for why these three Presidents were "Party Poopers"...
1. George Washington was not affiliated with any political party. In fact, he didn't want political parties to exist. Truly the smartest President, ever.
2. Teddy Roosevelt was pretty much despised by most Republicans for fighting against the political machine.
3. Bill Clinton's extramarital affairs count as a major party foul.

So how'd I die? Vig? Either way had fun thanks for the host ME and soul
You were vig killed by jdthebud.

WolfOwl was vig killed by DarthWolf13...kinda ironic.

Congrats, town! I liked our alliance a lot, Olive you're super cool as town leader too :) I really liked the point where you correctly deduced I was linked to Piko because of 6 synergies in our posts... when I only planned 4 :p
Speaking of which, special thanks to my mason partner Piko as well . Gotta wonder if the mafia ever suspected a connection between us.
And to finish with the main alliance, Cop Caps :)

Sorry you couldn't end up winning Max, 8 votes were just too much and we figured the mafia out quickly and didn't feel like risking keeping them alive just to help you win. I legitimately tried to help early on though.

Even more sorry to the mafia, to be honest. I think the game was heavily inbalanced pro-town; you didn't even have a Rolecop (although WolfOwl is right in that I'd never guess a 1x strongman after the n1 no-kill and the flips). While town had Cop, Doc, Tracker, 2 Masons, a 2x vig and the super JOAT (it was so OP I had trouble trusting you, Darth, sorry for that :) And jack the vote thief, whose role isn't that useful to town to the point I was afraid he was the 4th scum. He's the reason Olive had no vote d3.

Thanks to ME/Soulmaster for hosting but please be a bit more careful with the balance. You sure were creative with the JOAT, indep and the strange mafia team lineup, though. Wonder what the idea behind the mafia team was.

Oh right, bonus points for the "masons" being the same person who got 2 terms. Interesting idea there.

Two non-consecutive terms, you mean. :p
Oh, right.

Anyway, from Grover Cleveland's Wikipedia page:
"He was also the first and to date only President in American history to serve two non-consecutive terms in office."
... no more Masons for US Presidents II, III and IV :(

CONFESSION: I never actually checked Elementar N2, I missed my action. I was too embarrassed to admit it though. So we decided to say that I checked Elementar instead. Doesn't matter, we made the right lynch and won the game through PoE.

Regardless, that, among others, is why I will indeed by counting this game as a Faction Win and not a Win, not because I died.

Good game to the mafia, and thank you to @Olive and @Zexy (and I guess @Pikochu too) for being amazing alliance buddies! :)

CONFESSION: I never actually checked Elementar N2, I missed my action. I was too embarrassed to admit it though. So we decided to say that I checked Elementar instead. Doesn't matter, we made the right lynch and won the game through PoE.

Regardless, that, among others, is why I will indeed by counting this game as a Faction Win and not a Win, not because I died.
Well, you know what they say, Caps. Take nothing for Granted. :3

ALSO did anyone catch my two Grant references through D1?

TheCapsFan said:
200.gif

(not IRL don't worry)

I have no idea. I'm so disoriented.

MORE THOUGHTS THEN I'M GOING TO BED:
- Going into this game I thought the first 12 presidents were going to be the characters. I didn't think we'd see any presidents past that point. Seeing as my role was that of the 18th, I knew then that presidents would be scattered throughout. But still, it was surprising coming in to see that the game's characters weren't structured the way I thought.
- Seeing as there were 11 presidents in this game and 1 not-president, I can conclude that each consecutive Presidents game should have an independent, though because I'm saying this our wonderful hosts may screw with this on purpose to try and prove that I'm actually not smart
- Vote complex should have been 6 not 8 IMO, but it's a cool role that I've never seen before and makes independent play more interesting than just a boring survivor or jester.
- I think nameclaims should be allowed in future versions, as we have seen that Presidential power, party, or general approval has nothing to do with alignment (since we had both the widely considered best and worst president in history on the mafia side)
- Balance was a very town heavy, with essentially a 3x vig, backup cop and doc, tracker, masons which can confirm a town player, and only a 1x strongman to counter the doctor, with nothing to counter the vigs. I would have stuck a bulletproof on either the strongman or the godfather, or replaced/added miller onto the vote thief.

Overall very fun game, but only because I got lucky :p

And so the Office of the Presidency is safe.

On behalf of the League of Extraordinary Presidents, my gratitude to all those who pursued victory and duly aided us.

Now somebody get me my Gramophone.

Well, it looks like I finally fulfilled my dream of winning a Mafia match on Bulba. Third time was the charm after all.

Fun match. A little inactive in terms of in-thread conversation, but I guess that was to be expected given the outside chat. The roles were clever, the story compelling, and players good-spirited. Couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the past week.

Special thanks to Caps and Zexy for being awesome and for humoring my insatiable desire to RP.

Now time for a vacation. See you all when I'm not drowning in homework, Church stuff, and fan fiction.

WolfOwl was vig killed by DarthWolf13...kinda ironic.
It seems I am the Alpha Wolf here.
Sorry you couldn't end up winning Max, 8 votes were just too much and we figured the mafia out quickly and didn't feel like risking keeping them alive just to help you win. I legitimately tried to help early on though.
I couldn't say it any other way.
and the super JOAT (it was so OP I had trouble trusting you, Darth, sorry for that :)
It's alright @Zexy, it worked out in the end. I just had to prove myself once. It was fun playing wth you and I'm looking forward to more games together.

Congrats to Town. My role was pretty strong and therefore I expected a strong mafia as well. Once I knew there was a real cop in the game I had a feeling that my other roles also existed in the game. This turned out to be quite the truth, although I did not expect the Vigilante to be 2x. That and I also was bulletproof. The role is really intersting, having to consider which ability I use each night. In the end I never used my cop ability and bulletproof never activated.

@Max1996 sorry we couldn't help you win.
@Olive respect for your dedication to RP, although I didn't read everything from it (sometimes it was just too long and I scanned over it) it was fun to see you play that way.

Wow town was a bit OP with two killing roles and a BP, especially with OC allowed. Certainly helped with the town leaders Zexy, Caps, and Olive. I was expecting a JOAT on the mafia side tbh.

I was actually asked to kill Hellcrow the previous night, but the message was sent right before the update so I didn't see it in time. Nice to see that we correctly guessed the mafia both times.

I've been on both sides of a swingy game like this, and I have to say that when OC is allowed, town really can get focused when they have multiple kill shots to use.

And finally, thanks to Olive for being so into this game. It certainly is an entertaining style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom