• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia US Presidents Mafia I - Endgame: President's Day 13/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmation # ≤ 3

Day 1: The Mighty Emperor

Day 1: The Mighty Emperor

Maniacal Engineer sighed contentedly as he sat in the Oval Office. He quickly scanned over the morning's reports, noting how the economy continued to improve and that his popularity ratings remained high.
Though he had only been in office for a few years, the country had done a major turnaround, but it was a lot of work.

The Emperor sighed again, this time in frustration. Abolishing Congress meant that he and his coalition of engineers, scientists, and mathematicians were in charge of everything. It was a tough decision, but it was the correct one. Congress would have only slowed down the nation's recovery. After all, given that con is the opposite of pro, the opposite of progress is congress.

His musings were cut short by someone knocking on the door.
"Enter," he said, simply.

An excited technician practically ran into the Oval Office, an official report clutched in his hands.
"Yes?" asked the Mighty Emperor.
"Sir, our experiments were a complete success," said the technician, handing the report to ME, "we now, finally, have a working time machine."

ME read the file carefully, relishing in the technical details and genius behind the methodology.
The technician waited patiently until the ruler of the free world finished reading.

"Excellent work," praised the leader, "now I want you to listen to my instructions very carefully..."
---------------------------------------------------------

Several hours later, twelve slightly confused figures stood in the White House conference room as Maniacal Engineer entered.
"I'm sure you're all wondering why I've gathered you all here today," said the Emperor without preamble, "the answer is simple. I want to learn from history. You all held office at some point during the history of this country, and you all faced many challenges during that time. As the current leader of the United States, I am asking for your assistance."

Still slightly shell shocked from being forcefully removed from their own times, the figures merely nodded.

"Before we begin, however," said the Engineer, "I'd like to give you all a tour to show you how things have changed over the years."

As the current U.S. leader and his assistants led the former leaders through the White House, a few of them hung back. This group began conversing and decided that they didn't like the direction the country had gone in and would stop at nothing to return the country to its proper state.
Allies by necessity, they knew that their first step toward fixing the country would be to eliminate the other leaders who were eager to assist the tyrant. Making a pact, the group decided they would use their individual talents to bring down the others, but the road ahead would not be easy.

Meanwhile, because gossip flows like wildfire in politics, rumors of a potential coup began circulating among the former leaders.
Anxious to see how they dealt with this crisis, Maniacal Engineer placed them all back in the conference room to decide who he should have executed.

"Let the games begin," said the Emperor, smiling evilly as he walked away from the closed conference room door.

It is now Day 1! Phase ends on 6/2/17 at 10:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom