• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia US Presidents Mafia I - Endgame: President's Day 13/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when there are not enough people left to let Max win, will he be removed from the game anyway?
If that is the case
Vote: Max1996
No such scenario exists because, technically, he may keep getting votes, even 1 per phase, until the goal is reached, as long as the game isn't ending. If it ends and he hasn't reached the goal yet I'd guess he loses.

Also, while you did well in unvoting, the vote may still not count as it happened before the unvote.

I would've claimed anyway if Caps was lynched.

Do elaborate upon your motivation, please.

I know you asked Max to vote RC but if we end uip helping Max win, he should have his own vote on himself at the very least

I suspected he couldn't self-vote from the fact he didn't do so even after revealing his role. More importantly, I wanted to see him demonstrate a commitment to an Allied victory. If he trusts that we'll help him achieve victory then it seemed fitting that he demonstrate that trust by supporting us in our cause.

I suspected he couldn't self-vote from the fact he didn't do so even after revealing his role. More importantly, I wanted to see him demonstrate a commitment to an Allied victory. If he trusts that we'll help him achieve victory then it seemed fitting that he demonstrate that trust by supporting us in our cause.
I'll do what I can to help.

Do elaborate upon your motivation, please.

I actually got a bit confused. For some reason, at the time of writing, I thought that I would have looked scummy if Caps flipped town cop. Now I realise it actually makes me look somewhat towny.

Night 2: Slick Willie

Votals:
Rainbow Cloud: VI (TheCapFan, Olive, Hellcrow, jdthebud, jackatlasred, Max1996)
Max1996: II (Elementar, Zexy)
TheCapsFan: I (Rainbow Cloud)

Night 2: Slick Willie

After the Mighty Emperor departed, the leaders got down to business. As promised, ME's staff delivered departmental memos to various past presidents, in response to inquiries they had submitted the night before.

Upon receiving a response to his inquiry, one of the former leaders smiled contentedly and walked over to the whiskey cabinet.
"I know who one of the traitors is," he said, taking out a bottle of Kentucky Bourbon and pouring himself a generous amount, "it's that man over there!"
The leader gestured with his whiskey glass toward a rather charismatic man in a suit and tie.
Having been under fire before, during his impeachment, the man in the suit was not so easily daunted. He, once again, attempted to talk himself out of trouble, but this time it was all for naught.
Convinced by the whiskey drinker's bold accusations, the former leaders sent word to Maniacal Engineer that they had reached a decision for the day.

As ME took the vote, the former leaders overwhelmingly voted to execute the man in the suit.

"Very well," said the Mighty Emperor, turning to the accused man, "you stand accused of being a traitor of the state. Any last words?"
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman," said the man, reflexively.
"...not really sure what that has to do with anything," said Maniacal Engineer, raising his eyebrow.
The Emperor signaled to two of his Secret Service agents.
"Take him away," said the ruler of the free world.

The man was taken away and executed at dusk.

Dear Rainbow Cloud,
360px-44_Bill_Clinton_3x4.jpg

Bill Clinton said:
It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.
You are William Jefferson Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, who held office from 1993-2001.
You saw the U.S. into a new century and a new millennium and managed, somehow, to avoid the Y2K apocalypse.
Elected into office in the 1992 Presidential election, you defeated incumbent president George H.W. Bush, who had lost much of his popularity due to reneging on a promise to not create more taxes. You are the first president from the Baby Boomer generation.
You presided over the longest period of peacetime economic expansion in U.S. history, partly thanks to your fiscally conservative policies, which helped reduce defecits. Your main highlight was the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which eased trade across the Mexican and Canadian borders.
Your history with civil rights and equality is somewhat checkered, though much of this was due to public sentiment at the time. Although you signed the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993, you allotted more governent funding for HIV/AIDS research, treatment, and prevention, and you issued a few executive orders reducing federal discrimination against employing openly homosexual people, you also implemented the Don't Ask Don't Tell directive and signed the Defense of Marriage Act, both of which received backlash from the gay community.
You created the first official White House website on October 21st, 1994, and, on July 17th, 1996, you issued Executive Order 13011, which required all the heads of federal agencies to make full use of technology in order to make information readily available for the public.
During your presidency, there were numerous controversies and scandals, including the Whitewater Scandal, the White House FBI files controversy, and, of course, the infamous Lewinsky Scandal. The Lewinsky Scandal resulted in charges of perjury and obstruction of justice being brought against you, leading to your impeachment by the U.S. Senate. You are the second ever U.S. President to be impeached, following Andrew Johnson. The Senate trial lasted for 21 days, but the votes fell short of the 66 required to remove you from office, so the charges were dropped and you were acquitted. You did, however, lose your license to practice law.
Following your signing the Oslo Accords with Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Palestinian Authority chairman Yasser Arafat on September 13th, 1993, you met with Yasar Arafat and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak in 2000 for the Camp David Summit to advance Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.
You ended your presidency with the highest end-of-term approval ratings of any U.S. President since World War II, and you have continued to remain active in politics, despite occasional health scares. You supported your wife Hillary's presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2016, and Barack Obama's presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2012.
Throughout your life, there have been numerous sex scandals, allegations of extramarital affairs, and other similar incidents, as such, you are the Roleblocker. During the night, you may PM the hosts Block: player and that player will be unable to use their actions for that night, assuming they have any.
You are allied with the Presidential Party Poopers, and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated.

Success! The first of the malcontents had been eliminated. Maniacal Engineer is very pleased.

It is now Night 2! Phase ends on 10/2/17 at 10:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time. Please note that tomorrow evening is my Sabbath, but I may be able to write up a proper update beforehand, if the phase outcome is certain. Otherwise, Soulmaster may decide whether the phase will be extended by 24 hours or if he will post a bare bones update to be later edited by me after my Sabbath.

Nice (yet somewhat expected) :)

I suggest a massclaim to Caps. Going to claim to him myself.

No such scenario exists because, technically, he may keep getting votes, even 1 per phase, until the goal is reached, as long as the game isn't ending. If it ends and he hasn't reached the goal yet I'd guess he loses.

Also, while you did well in unvoting, the vote may still not count as it happened before the unvote.
What about a scenario where there are fewer than 8 players left?

Oh I didn't know that, luckily it didn't matter this day. Thanks for informing me.

Alright, good result, although we may lose a power role tonight (i.e. Caps or Elementar). Hopefully there are other ones that can contribute effectively beyond scumhunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom