• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

US/UM Trailers and News Discussion

The new HP bar is nice, better than Sun/Moon one, They remastered the music too, but I hope we get some story change, or new areas soon.
We are getting both of these things as confirmed/stated by the reveal trailer/pokemon website

The catch is that we don't know to what degree we are getting these things and how relevant the changes will be xD

We are getting both of these things as confirmed/stated by the reveal trailer/pokemon website

The catch is that we don't know to what degree we are getting these things and how relevant the changes will be xD
Well I hope USUM is a major change from SM like sequels, than a minor change like third games. But the thing I'm skeptical is the chinese leak rumor about "The story will happen in an alternate universe. You moved to alola 1 year later than you did in SuMo."

Well I hope USUM is a major change from SM like sequels, than a minor change like third games. But the thing I'm skeptical is the chinese leak rumor about "The story will happen in an alternate universe. You moved to alola 1 year later than you did in SuMo."
TBH at this point I'm hoping they're going to "surprise" people and come out with an in-between of both things.. Like, neither sequel nor third version. In that sense, the "what if you moved to Alola 1 year later?What changed for the entire story and region?" theory would make perfect sense, because it's not a direct sequel and it's also not a regular third version with minimal changes.

I'd personally be pretty excited about such a thing because the ripple effect has an infinite amount of potential, it's just up to GF to use it right........ all that said, I don't think it's gonna be that but one can dream

I think the story will be radically different if the protagonist didn't move in when they did in SuMo. Nebby would've probably have to exhaust most of its energy in fighting back the Spearow, and thus would be too tired and ill. It would finally stay in Lillie's bag due to the tiredness, ending one of the best Pokémon Memes.

I think the story will be radically different if the protagonist didn't move in when they did in SuMo. Nebby would've probably have to exhaust most of its energy in fighting back the Spearow, and thus would be too tired and ill. It would finally stay in Lillie's bag due to the tiredness, ending one of the best Pokémon Memes.
I think somebody noted that you can still see that your pokemom didn't unpack the boxes on the terrace yet so... maybe we still just moved to Alola (albeit we still don't know if at the same time)

But yeah if that theory is true, there ought to be radical changes to story, characters, and even region

The new HP bar is nice, better than Sun/Moon one, They remastered the music too, but I hope we get some story change, or new areas soon.
Oh what ? I didn't notice that , it gives me a high-tech feel . I want SuMo's more becos it gave me an alola feel and a summer feel .

Edit: Yeah It looks nice by looking repeated :)

Last edited:
Well there's still Worlds and Gamescom.
However I think that a blowout will happen in September since so they can cross promote the GS ports with USUM.
I wouldn't hold my breathe on Gamescom, since they didn't reveal anything at E3, I think it's likely they would show any USUM at Gamescom, as for Worlds, they'll reveal one thing, maybe that Mimikyu new form everyone is talking about.

I wouldn't hold my breathe on Gamescom, since they didn't reveal anything at E3, I think it's likely they would show any USUM at Gamescom, as for Worlds, they'll reveal one thing, maybe that Mimikyu new form everyone is talking about.
That's because E3 was for Switch games only for the most part and Pokken was a big deal in that regard

At this point, part of me fears that the only new things USUM have to offer are Duskroc and new Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozma forms with lilterally no new content or lore. I really hope that worse case scenario is dead wrong, but the way GF is treating this game and how they treated both Kalos and the Battle Frontier really says otherwise. I need to be wrong about this. Please Game Freak, have something new besides three new forms in USUM! Otherwise, what's the point in even making these games instead of giving us DLC?

But they aren't doing anything to prove that's the case!

As I said in another thread, any motivation I've had to pay attention to this game is being quickly shot down by Game Freak's backwards news release schedule. They need to get people like me back on their side, and fast, otherwise I'm probably gonna skip this version without even considering the game's good qualities, whatever they may be.

Let's hope they can show off the game's good qualities in question before I drop completely.

I've been pretty negative on USUM, but I will say this--this isn't new. It's happened before. We are currently living in a news cycle that appears to be identical to that of B2W2. News on B2W2 was totally dead and they basically had nothing but the Kyurem forms for like 3 months. The actual news drops for B2W2 didn't come until the last 3 months leading up to their release. We have only just now hit that same mark, so it's not like they're doing anything different than they did before. The B2W2 parallels are several in number--one can only hope that USUM match/beat B2W2 (which I really liked) in quality.

I've been pretty negative on USUM, but I will say this--this isn't new. It's happened before. We are currently living in a news cycle that appears to be identical to that of B2W2. News on B2W2 was totally dead and they basically had nothing but the Kyurem forms for like 3 months. The actual news drops for B2W2 didn't come until the last 3 months leading up to their release. We have only just now hit that same mark, so it's not like they're doing anything different than they did before. The B2W2 parallels are several in number--one can only hope that USUM match/beat B2W2 (which I really liked) in quality.
Couldn't agree with this more.

Not saying USUM will suck because of the usual "lack of news= lack of content" meme, but...

I don't quite agree that BW2 marketing is comparable to this one, only because BW2 were a different era of pokemon where games still didn't have a global release and they overall showed less things that they started showing as of XY, likely because you needed only that much to hype up the Japanese fanbase and the West could see whatever info they wanted after the games rleeased in Japan first(not to mention the kind of bad marketing BW2 had hurt the sales of the games quite a lot).

I believe they changed their marketing strategy when they introduced global releases because then they had to think about generating hype from the entire world simultaneously. I simply find it not quite believable that they would suddenly decide to change from the strategy model that brought pokemon games back to getting closer to 20m sales (sales on the same level as something between Gen2-3)

All that said, I'm simply curious more than anything else..to know WHY they are keeping the whole thing in the dark, it simply makes no sense right now. It's mid august and we have not even seen the actual official reveal of finalized box art...

For all we know, news drops could explode any day. There's still 3 months. Saying there's nothing right now is just plain wrong when GF has done this before. We don't know how big the drops will be these next few months. I'm as concerned about these games as the next guy, but it's far too early to be making those kinds of assumptions.

Atleast we have a few threads to look back on for us and the 'future generation of users' if USUM turn out to be the best games ever...

I doubt that they'll be the best, but we can dream.

Following Pokemon is still on the top of my wishlist. The walking/running animation data in SM gives me hope.

Atleast we have a few threads to look back on for us and the 'future generation of users' if USUM turn out to be the best games ever...
Will it matter if the sales don't reflect their quality, though? GF sees what brought them sales and stick to that formula I'd say..

Just look at BW2..they are arguably the best games ever (obviously not every1 will agree), but they have abysmal sales even for a 3rd version(sequel) and part of that can be attributed to their poor marketing. GF completely abandoned everything Gen5 brought forward so...what can USUM say then?

Will it matter if the sales don't reflect their quality, though? GF sees what brought them sales and stick to that formula I'd say..

Just look at BW2..they are arguably the best games ever (obviously not every1 will agree), but they have abysmal sales even for a 3rd version(sequel) and part of that can be attributed to their poor marketing. GF completely abandoned everything Gen5 brought forward so...what can USUM say then?

I think if USUM have B2W2 level of 'greatness', then they'd be fondly looked upon on, whatever be the sales.

I recently reread the DS vs 3DS debacle (though it should be painfully obvious that Generation 5 will be pure DS since the 3DS people can use BC...), and found it ironic how highly regarded BW2 were after that. I've got a feeling USM will end up like that.
I sincerely hope I'm not wrong, just for the satisfaction of everyone who took the plunge for USM.

I haven't really posted since before Sun and Moon's release but I've been back to read and indulge since the slow news lol.

I can understand where people are coming from with what we've seen so far, given the games come out in just over 3 months, but I'm still hopeful that there's a holdback for a bigger purpose.
I'm not betting my hopes on something being revealed at worlds (unless they've passed already, I've been out of the loop aha), but what I am hoping for is at least a 2-3 minute trailer sometime in the next month detailing new things or area changes, maybe the new evil team ect? Just something you know, the forms and all that can be shown after, just show us what we're going into.

I want Johto alolan forms and even 8-10 new megas would be fine (me being super hopeful lol).

If I'm honest, I'm not sure if an information drought like this is the best marketing strategy these days, when considering the timing of the game's announcement in relation to its eventual release. Then again, I'm still very salty at the fact that they revealed it in the way that they did, so maybe it just feels like insult to injury...

Back
Top Bottom