• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM / Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee! anime speculation thread

I really wouldn't count the Decolora Islands arc as a Kanto-esque arc. They were traveling to get to Kanto, but the islands weren't really full of only Kanto Pokemon or references to Kanto, so it's hard for me to consider it that series' take on a Kanto arc. They were only in Kanto proper for two episodes as well.
Agreed. The islands felt like Unova to me, not Kanto. Tbh, I hated that arc and it just lasted for ages and agessss.

Granted, we still don't know if Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee have added something new that Ash could potentially do in Kanto, but I still really doubt that they'll go to Kanto for a long period of time. They don't have to go to the region to throw in some Kanto nostalgia for the fans. They could just as easily include some features from those games into the Alola adventure with new characters or have Misty and Brock come back to showcase those features. I could see them going back to Kanto for a couple of episodes, but I really don't think we're going to get the Battle Frontier 2.0 here.

The target audience was not even born when Ash did the first gym quest so...

And don't forget, over half of the badges Ash got were pity badges where he didn't beat the Gym Leader to obtain the badges. Not only that, but Misty directly stated that Ash didn't get her badge by beating her the first time when they went back to Alola. I could easily see Ash rechallenging the Gym Leaders that he did not beat legitimately to "reacquire" those badges, or at least confirm once and for all that he deserved them.

They could make up something for Ash to do in Kanto akin to the Battle Frontier.

(I haven't actively followed the anime for years, and I don't particularly want something like that to happen, but it would make sense.)

While LGPE are Yellow remakes with largely the same story beats, I have to wonder if they'll get the same treatment as previous remakes by OLM (which is to say, not very much). While the locations and Kanto gyms seem to be unchanged, is that really the biggest pull of the games? It's catching instead, and the current anime has never focused on that. Even Origins had Red complete the Pokedex by glossing over almost all of his captures (Mewtwo was the only one that received focus due to the short length).

Here are the two main ways a new anime could stand out:

1. Two Protagonists: The boy and girl from the anime with their Pikachu and Eevee starters. They would not only travel together, but work on the same goal of completing the Pokedex and basically be inseparable as a nod to the co-op feature of the games.

2. Showcase the capture of every unevolved Kanto Pokemon: In this case I strongly suspect that the mechanics of just throwing berries and balls wouldn't make this exciting, but maybe the focus would be gaining the Pokemon's trust before the capture process.

3. Double Battles: There would be real 2vs2 battles rather than 2vs1 ones. Maybe the Kanto gym leaders would be divided into four pairs.

Basically, I'm thinking of a somewhat loose adaptation (as almost any anime always is) to make things more interesting. Would it be as long as Origins? Maybe, but to make an impact merchandise-wise, it would need to be longer.

Last edited:
Hi! I just found this thread, and I'm eager to join this conversation, but I really don't have any big points to bring up right now so... Hi! I'll come back if I come up with something worth mentioning about this subject that hasn't already been said!

I think that the movie would be their representation of the games. Think about it. The main male protagonist, being Ash, has a Pikachu, and one of the female leads, being Lisa, has an Eevee. Seems like that will probably be all we get

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom