• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Virgil and Eevees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jolteon is appearing.

I'm happy.

And, to be honest, I kinda want him to be the one who defeats Ash in the league. I mean, at least it's pretty interesting, a guy with all the Eeveelutions...

Btw Eevee is totally gonna evolve into a Dragoneon or something.

This guy looks almost identical to Trip or am I seeing things? I like his Eevee evolution collection and to see it in the league would be nice. Imagine if Ash was the one to lose to him in the league. So many predictions...

Why does Cryogonal have to painted as the villain again? I mean, sure they capture and eat lost children, but that doesn't mean they can't be really nice deep down. But no, it's "ugly" and inaminate and the good guys are generically cute cat things, so they must be the antagonists. Gettin' real tired of your prejudices anime :\

So, I guess these Eeveelution products aren't completely random.
09061139_50480cdd6d86a.jpg

Yeah, those have been known for awhile. It's why they're sticking around for the league.

Not the biggest fan of eeveelutions a whole team of them seems weird how can you not have a flying type if you're a rescue dude. Wouldn't he need one to avoid falling and stuff like that.

Wow, another episode where all of the current members of the Eevee line are gathered together as a group.

But if Virgil caught all seven Eeveelutions, then how can he have them out at once if trainers can only keep six captured pokemon with them at a time?

Same question crossed my mind

Maybe he hasn't caught eevee? In "Caterpie's Big Dilemma" the kid who caterpie belonged to couldn't call it back because he had never actually caught it. Maybe it's the same thing here?

Maybe he hasn't caught eevee? In "Caterpie's Big Dilemma" the kid who caterpie belonged to couldn't call it back because he had never actually caught it. Maybe it's the same thing here?

I was kind of thinking that the actual Pokemon anime world works differently than in the game, therefore things like that can happen.

Oh wow, this episode looks pretty interesting! Of course I've yet to start on BW (I'm going through the Hoenn Arc right now), so of course it's very intriguing to me. But it's good to see Drayden! :D

Last edited:
Those other figures come out in December; right when the league is.
But there is nothing unusual about merchandise releases corresponding to anime episodes. It doesn't mean that the writing in this case is strictly promotion-driven.

Why does Cryogonal have to painted as the villain again? I mean, sure they capture and eat lost children, but that doesn't mean they can't be really nice deep down. But no, it's "ugly" and inaminate and the good guys are generically cute cat things, so they must be the antagonists. Gettin' real tired of your prejudices anime :\

Agreed, but that's sadly the anime's logic of things: If it's ugly and unappealing, it must be the bad guy, if it's cute and cuddly, it must be on the good side. The reason for this is simple, and that is that "cute" sells, "cute" makes the most money, "cute" is popular with the kids, especially the girls, while boys are into the dragons and giant robots. This is hence why these Eeveelutions are portrayed as the good guys because they're just there to sell products.

It's one of the more notorious marketing methods of the anime is to primarily market the "cute" Pokemon and nothing else, such as Pikachu, Eevee, and the starters of whatever generation is going on at the time, and usually the lowest and most unevolved stage, which at this point, given Ash's current team, is Snivy and Oshawott.

Those other figures come out in December; right when the league is.
But there is nothing unusual about merchandise releases corresponding to anime episodes. It doesn't mean that the writing in this case is strictly promotion-driven.

True, but most of the time, it is, as the anime is essentially one big advertisement for the games and merchandise.

Last edited:
I would be happy if Ash gets an eevee from virgil and makes it to evolve into an umbreon/espeon with the help of Gary,, then use the same to defeat virgil in league which could be awesome and meaningful if it happens :)

I would be happy if Ash gets an eevee from virgil and makes it to evolve into an umbreon/espeon with the help of Gary,, then use the same to defeat virgil in league which could be awesome and meaningful if it happens :)

Hahahahaha! Given a Eevee? Hahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom