• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Voice Acting Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
I haven't seen one around, so I thought I'd make one for all the voice actors/future voice actors/general fans.

I wanna be a voice actor eventually, thanks to Trainer Rachel, I wanted to make video games all my life but voice acting seems fun too...maybe I could get around to doing a both?

I like imitating voices and making up my own, althoguh I usually only record imitations. My favourite characters to voice are Ash Ketchum (mine is fair) and Sonic (it varies depending on my mood), but I also enjoyed voicing Amy Rose since her voice was so different than my usual voices...I also like making my own renditions of existing characters, like what Maddie Blaustein did for Meowth after Matt Sussman stopped voicing him or what Sarah Natochenny did to Ash after Veronica stopped voicing him.

I also like imitating Maddie's Surge voice, which is used for many characters in Pokémon, Sonic, and Yu-Gi-Oh! I especially like the Abridged Series!

I've become a voice actor fangirl, definitely. Eric Stuart and Maddie Blaustein are both on my list of heroes. (Along with Darwin, Thoreau, Jim Henson, Kermit the Frog, Dr. Seuss, The Lorax and Batman. Hmm, maybe I should add Satoshi Tajiri there too.)

I've actually been considering it myself, ever since around the point I started researching a lot of the details for SOVA purposes. Maybe it could even be said it's a calling to me; I love acting, and I've done it as long as I can remember, but it was much easier to have my acting appreciated when I was a cute little girl... I've gotten complements on my voice now, but it's gotten absurdly hard to get a good role because I'm not exactly the kind of cute girl the directors are looking for anymore. But if they were just interested in my voice, that wouldn't be a problem, would it?

But I'm sure anyone who listens to the Bulbacast knows I'm not shy on a microphone, and you might've picked up something my friend told me about the way I talk... that I've always got a kicker or a punchline, that I talk like it's standup comedy. But I can do much more than that... I've found my range is actually pretty big for a woman, and I can go very high and very low without much difficulty. (My natural range is unusally low for a woman, apparently... people have mistaken me for a man over the phone. ~_~' ) And oddly enough, it's almost like my sisters and I have practiced this sort of stuff for most of our childhoods... I've been moving, and I've found many old cassettes with recordings from when we were little, making up stories and doing our best voice imitations to tell them for the tape recorder...

... whoa, I'm rambling, huh? ^_^' Dah, see, I was trying to keep it brief, too. I love telling stories. Maybe a little too much.

And of course, if we have this, we've gotta pimp the clubs for Eric Stuart and Maddie Blaustein in it. Because they're awesome and amazing and I'm a raving fangirl.

Meh, I wanted to voice act in New York, but my mom doesn't approve of America and my dad tells me Los Angeles is much better.

Pie, all I can say is go for whatever you feel is best...do you have any clips of your voice?

My range? I've done near perfect Lt. Surges and near-perfect Amy Roses if that doesn't tell you enough already.

Last edited:
I totally want to be a VA. I'm taking classes at a recording studio for it, and I'm saving up to make a demo reel.

My favorite VA is Jamison Price, but I love three casts--the Digimon dub cast, the 4Kids Pokemon dub cast, and the B:TAS cast (and will always associate Mark Hamill way more with the Joker than with Luke).

To tell the truth, I have a very wide range of voices, and have always loved doing weird voices. :D It's a fun thing to do, but in real life it doesn't have much use other then to make the occasional person laugh.

Nooo, NYC. The Northeast is the best. Though I can't blame your Mom. But that's one more reason to come to the Northeast - NYC may be a tough city, but compared to the rest of the country, the Northeast is the best in a lot of ways.

Not on-hand. Except, well, Bulbacast recordings. XD

But really, the 4Kids voice actors are awesome. I fangirl them so much. ^^

I also fangirl a few others, but not as many as in 4Kids...

Anyone heard of Brad Swaile? If not, look him up. I love his voice acting work; he's probably the first voice actor I've ever fangirled. (He's also hot. And he apparently also plays guitar and drums, which adds to the hotness.)

Also, Charles Adler is awesome. That's some crazy talent he's got. He's also the voice actor of one of the first characters I remember fangirling, Spike the baby dragon from My Little Pony.

I love and admire voice actors so much. Especially the 4Kids ones. *_*

Oh my god, 4kids did us a major favor when they brought the pokemon anime to the us! Anyone who loves pokemon in an english speaking country can thank them for that indeed!!!

My favourite casts are the Digimon, Pokémon 4Kids, the Adventure-Heroes and 4Kids-Secret Rings Sonic casts, and (Dare I say it?) Pokémon TAJ, although I prefer the 4Kids cast much more.

^In no particular order, of course, besides the Pokémon TAJ cast being somewhere behind the 4Kids Pokémon cast.

I have favourites from each of the Sonic casts, I like Ryan Drummond for Sonic, from the Adventure-Heroes cast, but I liked Amy's 4Kids-Secret Rings voice better, and Amy Birnbaum's Charmy from 4Kids-Secret Rings, and I honestly don't mind the new Tails, but I think Tails was best in Heroes.

Most of my favorites are part of the Ocean Group, do voices for Funi, Bandai, and like the ones who work on Cartoon Network shows (like Phil LaMarr, Tara Strong, even non-Spongebob Tom Kenny).

If I didn't have a speech impediment, I would probably aspire to be one. I pretty much have thousands of voices I can do, including stuff as high as Piplup, but as low as O'subame.

I also love to do Carnivine/Muskippa's voices now. They're both hillarious.

Eh, I'm actually not a big fan of the VAs for the Ocean Group, beyond Brad Swaile (because his voice is smex). Their dubs aren't bad, certainly, but I dunno... I've looked into their bios and work as I have with the 4Kids VAs and it hasn't really caught my interest as much. I don't go fangirl for any of 'em. (Except Brad Swaile.)

Also - let us not forget the classics, like Mel Blanc.

I can still remember what Bugs Bunny said about him.

Bugs Bunny: "...with thousand of voices, and was nice enough to give me one of them."

Of course, that wasn't Mel Blanks voicing Bugs.

I really appreciate what various dub companies have done to the aspiring through the talent that are the voice actors.

*melts* You are my hero for making this thread.

I've wanted to become a voice actress since I was 3, and I've done way too much to help myself become one. Lessons, classes, hours spent slaving over fandubs.... I WILL become one. WILL WILL WILL. *shot down* Look forward to some of my Pokemon fandubs with other well known fandubbers, okay?

Hint- Make a demo reel and take care of your voice. I really want to hear all of your voices!

Okay, well, this is more just talking than acting, but...

You can hear my voice here. A little rushed because it's almost dinner time.

And it also kind of explains why I'm just talking instead of acting. ^^o

I´m gonna joining. I would like being Ash´s German voice because the new one destroys him.

Yeah, I love voice acting and I actually started when I heard the new english dub. It´s still my hobby but I´ll tell you if it becomes my job.

Is it OK when I act in German as long you know the feelings in my acting?

Last edited:
Yes, any language is fine...

I love doing Pokémon voices. Even though my voice isn't really deep (I sounded like I sucked helium for breakfast until I was almost fifteen), when I meet new people knowing they're Pokéfans 'cause my brothers say so and the only Pokéfans I know are years younger than me other than my friend Jesse (jesman1 on Pokémon Highway Forums), I talk in a lower voce and just do an outburst of Pikachu calls when they least expect.

Anyone wanna hear a really old Jigglypuff clip? It's not that great, but when you think about it Lillis' voice went through a sound editor for the echo in her voice when she sung, so it isn't really THAT bad...

I can imitate various voices depending on how I feel. Here are some I can do:
Dr.Vellian Crowler-Yugioh GX
Jessie-from the original series
Rouge-Sonic X
Lara Croft-Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness
Ranmaru Mori-Samurai Warriors
Maxie
Ayane-Dead Or Alive
Scarlett-G.I.JOE SIGMA 6

I'll watch anything that Sean Schemmel or Eric Stuart does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom