• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Walking Pokemon Feature?

Would you like the feature of having Pokemon follow you be brought back?

• Yes! I'd love to have my Pokemon follow me!

Votes: 112 77.8%
  • No, it's a complete waste of resources.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 22 15.3%

• Total voters
I'm not trying to argue or anything, but why do people think it is so annoying?

I'm talking for myself: I just like to walk alone, and always having my Pokémon behind me was a nuisance. I don't know, it's like it's occupying space or something. It just bothers me. I like to have all my six Pokémon inside their Pokéballs.

Well the pokemon will probably be the correct sizes in battle(like in pokemon colesseam which I can' t spell) but outside of battle It wouldn' t work, I mean just try bringing rayquaza into a building. It wouldn't even be able to fit!

If I remember in HGSS some Pokemon couldnt be brought into buildings and had to stay in their Poke Balls when you were inside, I imagine it would be the same case if the walking feature was in X and Y. I still feel it's worth including and I really like the concept of letting your Pokemon follow you and not simply inside the Poke Ball the whole time, it's kinda boring that way IMO, it enhanced the game experience for me while playing HG/SS and would do the same for myself and many others that enjoy this feature in X and Y.

Yes, walking Pokemon larger than an adult human had to be put into Pokeballs to enter buildings.

Like many other people, I'd love this feature to come back, however looking at the trailers it doesn't seem likely :(

It needs to be brought back, hated how it wasn't in B/W
it feels like we aren't interacting with our Pokemon as much as we should if that makes any sense.​

it feels like we aren't interacting with our Pokemon as much as we should if that makes any sense.​

If the feature was in B/W, then there wouldn't have been a reason to have Team Plasma in the game because wasn't their whole mission to have Pokemon free from poke balls? That would have been giving the bad guys what they wanted.

If the feature was in B/W, then there wouldn't have been a reason to have Team Plasma in the game because wasn't their whole mission to have Pokemon free from poke balls? That would have been giving the bad guys what they wanted.

They wanted Pokemon to be completely separated from their trainers, not to be kept outside their Pokeballs. That wouldn't make any sense.

Oop, You have a point actually, although I didn't know that, I really have to replay Gen 5 and pay attention.
I'm shocked that was there goal cause if it was I agree with them. :p

Edit: Oh thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Warrior.

I don't see why it shouldn't be brought back as an optional feature. It seems the majority are in favour of bringing it back - and for the few who don't want it, they would have the option to disable it. But this argument applies to many, many features past and present of the Pokemon games.

All I know is that when my Snorlax was walking with me in HeartGold, I felt boss.

I'd like it if I could turn it off, even if I did like it, it was kinda forced that only the first in the party was out, you should be able to pick which one you want out, and as I said, turn it off if it anniyed you.

There, everyone happy.

(goning by the trailer, it doesn't seem to be a forced thing, that is, if we get the feature in the first place)

Considering the 3D models are already in the game, they really just need a walk cycle for each pokemon. And it's just damn adorable.

It would also help to make the world more believable. The 2D games got away with having few to no pokemon visible in the overworld, but I think doing this in a 3D world would make it seem strangely empty. Maybe you could even see pokemon hiding in trees and bushes in the overworld. Imagine what it would be like to go to a forest location and see all the birds and bug pokemon! Or if your pokemon could interact with the environment as well, like looking at other pokemon in the overworld!

I think the biggest issue is that this might be too much for the 3DS to handle, or all the man-hours it would take to animate and program that.

I'd like for it to return but I don't think they will bring that Pokemon feature back, the trailer we saw didn't show any Pokemon following the trainer.

Frankly, since there are gonna be over 700 pokemon now, I think is best that only all of the starters, their evolutions, and pikachu should be allowed to follow the trainer outside of their pokeball. It really makes the feature feel a lot more special and plus the development team won't have to worry about creating over 700+ models.

I really wish the walking Pokemon feature had been more than just a novelty in HGSS. It could've added a bit more to the story in B/W, instead of just having N say, "oh I can hear their voices through their Poke Balls." But here we are with X/Y on the horizon, and I just don't see this feature returning at all. Especially since it's in 3D now, I'm having a hard time envisioning this feature without it looking like there's too much going on.

Personally, I feel like they put too much emphasis on keeping Pokemon in their Poke Balls. I understand it's one of the core mechanics of the franchise, but having the walking Pokemon feature expanded beyond HGSS would've kept things interesting without changing too much.

Personally, I don't think it will make a return in X/Y.

I really do think it's a cool feature, but it really isn't practical in the long run. If it does make a reappearance though, I would love to have the option of turning it off whenever I want.

I would love it if they brought Walking Pokemon back. I would like it even more if they made it make sense. Like water pokemon in water, land = land, and flying types anywhere.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom