• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia BYOB - Live and Learn - NEW AGE WINS - ratings are up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia BYOB - DAY 1 To Remember - 2012-08-05

If they're sitting on the sidelines, they're not posting. So that means they wouldn't be lynched--meaning the reverse would be true, that if you're active, you have a larger chance of being lynched.

Not necessarily. Alluding back to "it's a bandwagon, I'm not voting because I don't want to look suspicious", I would consider that sitting on the sidelines. Inactivity is inactivity.

@Joltik;, why are you more so concerned about Phoenicks? It's just a random vote. That bothers me more than Lithuania, honestly. Mafia are usually the super-defensive ones.

You did read my post, right? I wasn't even being defensive, are you accusing me of something? I like to know why voting me. And why are you trying to put attention on me? It's like you don't want people to focus on Nick, but to focus on me. Feel like you're trying to help him.

@Joltik;, why are you more so concerned about Phoenicks? It's just a random vote. That bothers me more than Lithuania, honestly. Mafia are usually the super-defensive ones.

You did read my post, right? I wasn't even being defensive, are you accusing me of something? I like to know why voting me. And why are you trying to put attention on me? It's like you don't want people to focus on Nick, but to focus on me. Feel like you're trying to help him.

Sorry, Sorry, I think you could have just said that you wanted to know why you were being voted. You didn't have to get so defensive about it.

Sorry, Sorry, I think you could have just said that you wanted to know why you were being voted. You didn't have to get so defensive about it.

You ignored my Question. Why are you trying to put attention on me?

You ignored my Question. Why are you trying to put attention on me?

I just thought you were over reacting a little. It is day one.

We have lynched Mafia on day one, and me trying to scum hunt is overreacting? I guess it can be. But I didn't even vote, and Nick didn't even have a vote. Why where you helping him?

Well, being active doesn't necessary mean getting lynched. Sure, it has a larger chance of happening. But at the same time, being unactive is also suspiccious.

(Please bear with me. I'm not very good in coming up with good arguments yet).

We have lynched Mafia on day one, and me trying to scum hunt is overreacting? I guess it can be. But I didn't even vote, and Nick didn't even have a vote. Why where you helping him?

My point is that you just seemed the most defensive of all the people that got voted, so I just wanted a to know your reason, mind you some times I don't have the intention span to read back. So I'm sorry that I missed your reason earlier.

Vote:phoenicks

The reason why I'm voting is because voting for the host would give a null tell, and he voted for me when I realized that. You couldn't blame him for not voting. I hope you get what I'm saying it hard to word this right.

Also, @Greece;, you have ignored another Question That I asked, funny how you keep on doing that. Why were you helping Nick?

Unvote: Joltik
Vote: Joltik

"Helping" a random vote is a contradiction in terms. (I did have a vote.) No need to be aggressive or accusatory when someone asks you a question. Getting worked up on Day 1 is Scumtelling or Dumbtelling. I'm going to hazard at the former.

The reason why I'm voting is because voting for the host would give a null tell, and he voted for me when I realized that. You couldn't blame him for not voting. I hope you get what I'm saying it hard to word this right.

Also, @Greece;, you have ignored another Question That I asked, funny how you keep on doing that. Why were you helping Nick?

Goodness, I'm not helping him, I just wanted your reason for reacting the way you did, it's day one and day one is full of random votes.

Unvote: Joltik
Vote: Joltik

"Helping" a random vote is a contradiction in terms. (I did have a vote.) No need to be aggressive or accusatory when someone asks you a question. Getting worked up on Day 1 is Scumtelling or Dumbtelling. I'm going to hazard at the former.

By Helping I meant how she was Taking the attention of of you, and on to me. And unless others agree with my points, you're not getting lynched. And putting pressure on people is a way to scum hunt. Unless I'm mistaken.

By Helping I meant how she was Taking the attention of of you, and on to me. And unless others agree with my points, you're not getting lynched. And putting pressure on people is a way to scum hunt. Unless I'm mistaken.

There was no good reason to put attention on Phoenicks initially...he was joking until you called him out, which seemed like you were a bit eager to jump on him for his vote.

It can be an effective scumhunting tactic when done properly, but honestly, I think that you're coming across as pretty defensive (despite insisting you aren't), and even a little rude.

I didn't know I was coming of as rude, am I'm sorry that I did, So I'll guess I'll unvote him.

Unvote:phoenicks

I didn't know I was coming of as rude, am I'm sorry that I did, So I'll guess I'll unvote him.

Unvote:phoenicks

You weren't coming off as rude for voting Phoenicks; that isn't what I meant. Just the way you spoke to Greece was a little (for a lack of a better word) forceful, she kept apologizing and you just kept interrogating her. Though, it could just be me.

Didn't see this when I responded earlier. The host vote was an in-joke between Mintaka and I.

The only person putting attention on me was you; anyone could have responded to you and thus "take the attention off of" me. I don't feel pressured either way; as Mijz says, pressure doesn't work if you announce it as such. Hence why I won't elaborate my vote today. Case-building on scum starts in earnest tomorrow, when we have a record of knowledge. Otherwise, if you want to talk to me, shoot me a PM.

Scumhunting has a watching component and an action component. The action component is well-understood. Watching is harder. Scumhunting is like stalking deer. Telling someone how they are behaving, with exceptions, is like startling that deer; people will change their own behavior when you describe it to them. If you want to understand how someone acts in normal circumstances, disengage and observe them in their natural habitat. Announcing your intention to do something before you do it causes a different, less natural, response than just doing it. Scumhunting is as much about watching as doing.

... might as well random vote...

Vote: Ryuutakeshi

Will most likely change depending on what happens this phase.

Could you at least do me the courtesy of justify your vote against me? I don't like people randomly pointing guns at my head and threatening me with them.

I do find it strange that Nick(If you don't mind me calling you that) Voted for the host, then when I stated that he did vote for the host, he voted for me, and when I asked him, he has not replied. I don't know if this seems off to you guys but it's just my thoughts.

Considering it's Nick, this doesn't surprise me at all actually. But it's all sorted now anyways.

I don't understand what you mean. I've been one of the most active players in almost every mafia I'm in, and I've only been lynched as a townie once. v.v;

Vote: No Lynch

VOTE: CAR

There, we have our information from the goings-on of this phase. We can no lynch now and, surprise surprise, this information will still be here ;o

While I agree that it's a bad habit that Belarus. is in, it's how she usually plays. The kind of passive-active mentality, thinking for herself without actually being too aggressive. So, it shouldn't be considered as any sort of tell-tale sign.

Literally the majority that's being said at the moment is "You reacted negatively to this vote", which isn't a suspicious thing, because while the aim is to win with the faction, self-preservation will naturally kick in, since you can't really help if you're dead. When we actually get reasoning behind votes, and see how they react to that reasoning and their defence tactics, THEN we can start to analyse it. But right now, I don't think it's in our best interest to lynch someone. See what happens with the kill and go from there.

I do not like it when people go for no lynch. Especially since your reasoning is that even if no one dies we still have the information. What is that supposed to mean? How does that justify essentially give a potential mafioso a free pass on day 1?

... might as well random vote...

Vote: Ryuutakeshi

Will most likely change depending on what happens this phase.

Could you at least do me the courtesy of justify your vote against me? I don't like people randomly pointing guns at my head and threatening me with them.

Well, at that point, everyone was random voting. I wanted to participate, but I didn't know what to do (I'm still lost), I just decided to vote randomly in order to get some discussion going.

And do you still think me worth voting for?

Not really. I was just throwing that vote to see what happened.

Unvote: Ryuutakeshi

I still don't know who to vote for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom