• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Welcome to Eterna!

The question being, why does IE do that. I seem to remember us modifying the software on the previous server to fix something with PNG for IE users, but I'm not sure if we've done that here yet, if it's even necessary anymore.

No, that's not it. I think it might have to do with the fact that we're running Apache 2.2 now.

I can't use Firefox or Opera because I don't like their interface. I prefer IE and I always will. :p

EDIT: Attachments seem to be affected as well.

Last edited:
I don't have time to figure out this puzzle. So IE users are just going to have to live with it until I get back about 6 weeks from now.

I wanted to say how sexy this new server is. It's like a whole new forum. Thanks guys :D

Yes, but many tech-savvy Windows users don't run IE, and people using BMGf are overwhelmingly in the tech-savvy department.

Are you sure of that?

And BMGf's solution is to make me and many others change the browser we use? Yeah, that's consumer-friendly.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I decided to do a bit of checking using Internet Explorer 7, Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4, Opera 9.21, and Safari 3 (beta 2), and all of the avatars show up fine across all browsers.

Geoffrey2004: I checked the format of some of the avatars you mentioned, and they all have one thing in common, which I suspected: they are all PNGs (my own avatar included). However, IE 7 over here on my side shows them up fine.

p.s. This was posted using Safari for Windows. Just to let you know :p .

What I'm saying is that to make a site fully IE-compatable is nearly impossible, it's quite possible that the problems aren't even on our end (it's probably something with bad vB code being transferred), and we don't really have the ability to remedy it, as our tech is going to be without his PC for a month and a half.

It isn't like you can't access the forums. Some avatars aren't rendering properly. If we had a quick fix, we'd use it. Unfortunately, we don't. Also, why you would WANT to run IE is completely beyond me, but that's another debate.

Not really, given IE is free, as are all the other major browsers.

In any case, if anyone can figure out a possible solution that won't break the server should something go wrong, please let us know, and we can give it a shot. Otherwise, we'll all have to wait until Zhen gets back.

I must say though, it's odd that it would work on some IE installations, and not others. Are you all using IE7?

I'm using 6.0.

I personally just turned off avatars so I wouldn't have to see the boxes, but *shrug* Not everyone would want to do that.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom