• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Animal is Eevee based on?

Well, personally, I've always just seen the eevees as foxes. Most of them, including eevee itself, aren't too ambiguous, and it makes very little sense for them to suddenly change into a completely different mammal. Ahem.

With regards espeon, I really don't see how its more like a cat than a fennec fox. The general build of their bodies aren't particularly different, but those ears are definitely fennec. I guess its feline side comes partly from the Nekomata tail, which is pretty neat as tails go, but isn't entirely un-fennec-like either really. Hmmm...

In general, they just seem rather more foxy to me, really. They just seem to have some of the right look to their ears or tails or noses or their bodies in general. More so than anything else, though they do have a certain tendency to nab whatever sort of features suit them without much regard to what animal it came from. But anyway, I still say foxes.

...Apart from flareon, of course, which is just a fluffball. :)

Eevee itself is a mammalian composite. Rabbit-like ears, a standard quadrupedal build, exaggerated fluffy tail ... physically it's more vulpine than anything else, but you'd struggle to find any fox as fluffy as that. I don't see any feline traits in there at all that don't also apply to a dog or a fox. In terms of the way it behaves it's not at all feline. Cats simply aren't that sociable, nor as friendly around other cats.

But honestly, Eevee's behaviour isn't much like any of these creatures. Cats are one meal away from regressing right back to the yellow fanged little predators that foxes are all the time. Dogs are typically more noisy and excitable than Eevee tend to be shown to be. It seems to me that Eevee's designed to be the sort of fluffy wuffly pet that everyone would love to have most, which goes some way to explaining its popularity

I would say a fox cub with some Pomeranian/Spitz traits, judging by the ruff and the fluffy tail. The ears seem rabbit like but that's probably to stop it looking too similar to Vulpix.

I think she is absolutely a dorable what ever animal she is she's my favorite pokemon she is the best in my opinion

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom