• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if Max comes back?

And Scott thinks the bias is against May. :rolleyes:

He has Pokémon now, people. What more do you want?

We still technically don't know if Max actually started his journey yet.

He's probably just still in Hoenn at this time with his parents. I very much doubt he's traveling at the moment.

But the next time we see him will 99% be when he goes to Izabe Island.

Ralts is there....wait....I don't think he is though....they left Izabe Island before that, didn't they?

No. Everything from the introduction of Harley to the Ralts episode is on Izabe Island.

AG ended in Japan, so all the AG characters, (May, Max, Drew, Harley, Prof. Birch, Norman and Caroline) were thrown out the window.

I guess we can expect the same to happen to the D/P characters, (Hikari, Shinji, the female rival, etc.) to be gotten rid of when the D/P series ends too.

For some odd reason, only the Kanto characters sans Misty are allowed to continue through each series.

Shinji might possibly survive into Generation V but it is really too soon to be looking that far ahead yet.

Shinji might, but it depends on if Ash beats him in the Shinou league or not. If they face each other in the league and Ash wins, I doubt we'll see Shinji again.

If Shinji wins, he'll continue. Then again there will probably be another "short" saga between Shinou and the 5th gen ala Battle Frontier, so he may be in that as well.

If Masato comes back, he'd better be a trainer. D< That would show some years have passed. That's what I want to know.

Plus he's seen all the Gym leaders already when Ash battled them, so he would be better prepared for them and know what types they used.
In the animé, there are apparently Gyms all over the place, if you remember Gary's Kanto badge collection. He might take advantage of the fact that he's seen eight of them, or challenge himself by going to different Gyms.

Or Hoenn only has eight badges, unlike Kanto.

The badge Morrison showed to Ash wasn't one of the game badges so there's at least one extra Hoenn Gym.

The funny thing is, as games Diamond and Pearl allow for Advanced Generation characters to return and not feel out of place. If Regigigas gets an episode and like the game requires all three Regis in the same place, then Jindai's return is a no brainer (would be nice if we could see him catch it too...).

May and Max will be back, just like Misty. The return may not be permanant, but we'll see them again.

Yeah, but since May and Max are on adventures rather than Misty, it would be better to see episodes dedicated to them on their quests.

In retrospect, the writers never did achieve what they set out to do with May in the first place. They built her up as an aspiring Top coordinator but she never achieved what she set out to do, and the only reason she got a happy ending was because she'll be following her dream and battling the same two rivals forever and ever wherever she goes. It's one of the reasons I was against May leaving originally, she never got a truly fullfiling ending and Hikari is just going to do the same Contests until she leaves at the end of D/P too. It effectively makes May and Hikari look like advertisements for their respective gens and nothing more.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom