• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What if Max comes back?

GrassWarrior

Assassin
Reaction score
Who has a strange feeling that Max will come back sometime soon? Because the the empty space next to Hikari in the part where they're sitting on that giant pokeball seems odd. It feels like something's missing.

Off topic: And notice how there is an empty space in Team Rocket's pokemon in the Diamond and Pearl opening? Which pokemon would Jessie get?

Yay, Masato! But I think it's a bit too early. Actually, a lot too early for him to come back. ^^; Though I'd love to see her catch a Pokemon. Hah, Takeshi's was the emptiest. xD

Um, no.

They D/P cast is final. Besides, having Max there without his sister would be utterly retarded.

This sounds just as ridiculous as the people who thought Tracey or Misty were going to come back on the group. The writers aren't going to bring unnecessary dead weight back into the cast, they're all been reduced to recurring character status.

If he becomes a trainer and decides to head to Shinou I could see him appearing every now and again. He won't be a part of the main group because he'd likely be collecting badges. Perhaps in the Shinou league.

I always imagined that Max would go through Hoenn as his first region when he became a trainer, because that way he could battle his Dad for his 5th badge and prove that he is a worthy successor to his father.

Plus he's seen all the Gym leaders already when Ash battled them, so he would be better prepared for them and know what types they used.

Plus he's seen all the Gym leaders already when Ash battled them, so he would be better prepared for them and know what types they used.
If anything that would give him a reason NOT to compete in the Hoenn league. He'd still be in Ash's shadow. While he looked up to Ash, I think he would want to succeed on his own like other trainers.

I doubt Max will be in the main cast though he might become a recurring character depending on what the writers are planning.
I always imagined that Max would go through Hoenn as his first region when he became a trainer, because that way he could battle his Dad for his 5th badge and prove that he is a worthy successor to his father.
Sakura got three Johto badges and then battled Misty. And my suspicions are that Max will still be too young to challenge Gyms. We're going to get the Max/Norman battle eventually whatever happens and that would actually work better after he has had some more time to grow as a trainer.

I can see him using this as a region not to start in Hoenn. Kanto would work though he could easily go seemingly aimlessly like Ritchie.

I highly doubt we'll see Max again unless May comes back too.
May and Max are assumably already in different regions. I can see May popping over to Sinnoh without Max and if Max appears then it will be without May.

I am quite confident we'll see a Hikari vs. May Super Contest in Sinnoh. Hell, Drew and Harley could follow her there and it would be like the old days of Contests.

Mimirol vs. Munchlax for the win ;)

Oh. Yeah. I wish Max would come back. I'd be the happiest person ever if he'd kick Hikari the hell out of the cast and kick some butt with his Ralts.

Not that this will ever happen, but I can dream.

May meeting Hikari at some point is a given, (the writers wouldn't shy away from having the two coordinators meet. They had Ash/May's Bulbasaur and Ash/May's Squirtle meet, so I'm sure the same will apply here, although it probably won't happen till after Shinou).

Hikari would probably idolize May too, since they're in the same career path and May is an experienced coordinator who came in the Top 4 of her latest Grand Festival. The last Contest episode of AG also made it seem like May was semi-famous, (everyone in that Ash Vs. May Contest hall knew who May was and were cheering her on because of her performance in the Grand Festival), so it would be nice to see Hikari fangirl May. Maybe the two could swap appeal tips and coordinator strategies.

Max coming back is more of a stretch, since there's really noone to connect him to unless he just tags along with his sister. But since May and Max aren't traveling together it may not happen unless they do some sort of reunion type episode down the road where all the old main characters are in it.

I would definitely like to see May and Hikari in a Contest together once Hikari has more experience under her belt. They can do it like an exhibition Contest like the Ash Vs. May one so it wouldn't be a ribbon for the GF at stake.

Would also like to see Blaziken Vs. Hikari's Poochama, which will hopefully be fully evolved by the end of D/P so it can be a worthy opponent. They did a nice job making May and Hikari have opposite elements for starters, where May controls fire and Hikari controls water. When Pochama evolves I'd love to see a battle between it and Blaziken. Of course...we'll probably have to wait a hell of a long time before this kind of episode is possible. I imagine it won't happen till whatever filler saga is made after Shinou to bridge the gap to the 5th gen, because that's the only time a situation like this would be plausible and Hikari would be competent enough to go against May. (By that time, May will have three Grand Festival's under her belt compared to Hikari's 1 Grand Festival since the Johto one would be done by that time)

I'll put money on May showing up ala Misty to evolve Eevee.

*nods*

*walks back off not giving a damn about the rest of the topic: Max needs to die slowly and painfully*.

I imagine Brock leaving when Ash goes to Johto providing that Coronis was right about the remake, and Max, jealous that May got to go to Johto, asks Ash if he could come along. Morty would also end up coming, too, leaving the Gym to someone else, because he wants to investigate Houou a little more and following Ash would be the easiest way. Hikari would obviously do Johto Contests, and after that she would head to Kanto, so Ash can find a new girl to ditch two more regions ahead.

If Ash does go to Johto after Shinou, (which I severely doubt, but just playing along), it would be amusing because at the time he was going there, May would be done in Johto, and then she'd probably go to Shinou. In other words, Ash and May would go to the two regions in reverse. Of course this is assuming May is even acknowledged by late Shinou, but considering the way things are written now I wouldn't be surprised if Ash doesn't even mention her as he's headed to Johto.

Max should have died, but going to Hoenn was okay, too. Now we'll never have to see that pukehead again.
And I laugh at anyone who thinks May will return within the Shinou saga. Maybe afterwards, but unless there are specials, we won't be seeing her for a long time. And no, I'm not debating on this because it's blatantly obvious.

Oh. Yeah. I wish Max would come back. I'd be the happiest person ever if he'd kick Hikari the hell out of the cast and kick some butt with his Ralts.
Hikari is staying for all of Sinnoh and Max isn't going to be a coordinator. At least wish May would be the replacement, then it would be ammo against Scott.

Max coming back is more of a stretch, since there's really noone to connect him to unless he just tags along with his sister. But since May and Max aren't traveling together it may not happen unless they do some sort of reunion type episode down the road where all the old main characters are in it.
Max/Ash is canon, yo.

But I could see him tagging alongside a secondary character. It would certainly fit into my theories about Ritchie.

Max, jealous that May got to go to Johto, asks Ash if he could come along.
Or he could just go there on his own...

And I laugh at anyone who thinks May will return within the Shinou saga. Maybe afterwards, but unless there are specials, we won't be seeing her for a long time. And no, I'm not debating on this because it's blatantly obvious.
I'll put money on May showing up ala Misty to evolve Eevee.
You have go to Ice Rock or Moss Rock in Sinnoh to evolve Eevee into a Gen IV Pokémon.

Yeah, she'll definately be travelling on one of the many blimps found around the Olivine City area at some point.

Hmmm....the Moss Rock is before the second gym......

But, if she goes with Glacia, we won't see her till like before the seventh gym.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom