• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is "legit Jirachi"?

Notmiefault

Steel Trainer
Reaction score
I have seen several posts about trading Jirachi, all mentioning how their jirachi was "legit" which I am assuming is short for legitimate. What exactly does this mean? Were there hacked jirachi at some point or something?

Any Pokemon obtained by catching it or participating in an event is a "legit" or real Pokemon. They weren't hacked with Gameshark or Action Replay or anything.

In Jirachi's case. This would mean that the Jirachi in question is either from the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc, Pokemon Channel, or an Event.

I have seen several posts about trading Jirachi, all mentioning how their jirachi was "legit" which I am assuming is short for legitimate. What exactly does this mean? Were there hacked jirachi at some point or something?
Legitimate means that they were obtained through a special Nintendo event or came from the Pokemon Colloseum bonus disk. Contrary to popular belief, legit (or legitimate) also means that they are the original Pokemon, and aren't clones made by abusing an in-game cloning glitch. ;)

Edit: and yes, people can and do hack jirachis, just like any other pokemon. Action Replay and other cheat devices make it easy to trick the game into putting Jirachi into the wild, where you can catch it at your leisure. Usually, you can tell the difference by the OT, the way in which it was caught, and the pokeball it's residing in.

Last edited:
I still hate trading for event Pokemon, though. I just fear too much that they were born with a hack...who would actually go to an event to get these Pokemon and then trade them away? It seems silly. The fact that Jirachi is available on a Bonus Disc makes getting them easier, though, and I have a friend who I absolutely know pre-ordered Colleseum and got the disc. So...yay known legit Jirachi for me?

Legitamate Jirachis come with a Salac berry and have the owner "Wshmkr" or something like that. I get all the Jirachis I could ever want with my colloseum bonus disc.

I remember looking for the Colosseum bonus discs on ebay...they were like, up to 20 bids and it was at about 40 bucks. I thought it was crazy. I mean, I always catch the legendaries and all, but I never really actually use them. I mostly just use whatever Pokemon I catch in the beginning, and occasionally use one I caught later on that's around the same level as my others.
So, is it to my understanding that you can copy an infinite number of Jirachis from the bonus disc?
Also, a while back, I heard that in Ruby&Sapphire you could go to the space museum place in Mossdeep and ride the rocket number 100 that was being launched to the moon and catch Jirachi there. Does anyone know anything about that?

That's completely false. How do people fall for these rediculous rumors? Sheesh.

Last edited:
Also, a while back, I heard that in Ruby&Sapphire you could go to the space museum place in Mossdeep and ride the rocket number 100 that was being launched to the moon and catch Jirachi there. Does anyone know anything about that?

That is a horrid rumor. Rocket launch 100 means you've been playing your game for a month shy of two years, pretty much.

And you can copy as many Jirachis from the disc as you want to restart R/S.

Bonus Disc Jirachi has a Galon Berry.

It can have either. I've gotten both a ganlon berry and a Salac berry from my many Jirachis.

You have to start a new game for every Jirachi. Only one per save file.

@ Geoffrey
I thought it sounded pretty retarded.

@ Echidna
Ah, I see. 2 years, huh? Wowzers, 'cause mine's on like, way over that now. o_0

@ lonepichu
Only one per save file? That sucks...but can you trade the Jirachis from one game to another? (Like Ruby to Sapphire?) Because my game wouldn't let me trade my Celebi to another game, and I went to the event to get it (So I know it's legit) I wanted to restart my Ruby, so I was gonna trade all my good Pokemon to my LeafGreen, but it wouldn't let me trade my Celebi. :S

Hey, is anyone interested in trading me a Jirachi? I don't have any event pokemon, but I do have some other good stuff.

Hey, is anyone interested in trading me a Jirachi? I don't have any event pokemon, but I do have some other good stuff.

The Trade coordination thread is the place for questions like this, but I do have many legit Jirachi. What are you offering?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom