• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What old type combos would you like to see be done as new Pokemon?

There are many unique combinations that are sadly wasted on gimmicks or are Mega evolutions or legendaries.
I've wanted a Grass/Dragon forever. Same for Electric/Dragon and Fire/Dragon. And a Ghost/Dragon that isn't legendary.
Ghost/Water, Electric/Grass and Electric/Ice are interesting, I'd love to see more of them.
Aaand also Bug/Water, which was wasted on Surskit and loses the type anyway.

fairy's really unexplored and i think that it could make for some really interesting type combinations. ground/fairy seems pretty amazing as a defensive typing (resists to rock/dark/bug/fighting, and immunities to electric and dragon, even if it suffers from unfortunate weaknesses to water/ice) and isn't bad as an offensive one either. you could even couple it with levitate which seems like it'd actually kind of make an amazing pivot if it had usable defenses (haven't played competitively in about three years but i feel like that would shut a lot of things down if you give it reliable recovery + good defense. awesome offensive typing too).

fire/fairy seems like it could be good too and i feel like there's a lot of room for making an interesting design there

I would like see more Fighting/Flying Pokemon; I remember a artist on Deviantart named SuperSonicGX who made his own region call Sapio and had the starter flying type be gender evolving Harpy's which were Fighting/Flying.

I would like to see more types done with Dragon since it is now balance with Fairy types being introduced to balance them. Like spread more of the legendary exclusive Dual-Dragon Types, like Dragon/Electric, Dragon/Ghost, Dragon/Water and etc.

There is also the need more Dark types since I think they have the least Pokemon along with Fairy, unsure about it. So more Dark dual types like Dark-Flying, and Dark/Ghost.

a Thorny devil line that changes type every evolution fire/ground -> fire/poison(rough skin) -> fire/dragon(levitate).

a frog-toad line electric/dragon with Aftermath or with a new Ability: High Voltage(physical contact when it is beiing attacked can cause the oponent to faint KO, only when he attacks, or give it a 10% chance of KO by every physical contact.)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom