• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What will happen right after the Isle or Armor and the Crown Tundra original release?

Right after the Isle or Armor and Crown Tundra releases, what do you think might happen?

• Remastered Compilation of Generations I-VII Main Series Video Games

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Chibi models weren't really in the original DPPt so I don't think they will return. I'm fairly certain ORAS had chibi models due to technological limitations (and the hand-drawn battle-portraits were all in a normal style anyways), while chibi models were probably in LGPE to make the games more cutesy.

As for blocky graphics, I think there is a possibility that they will return and that the remakes will be on a grid as a result, however, I think that would be less of a nostalgia-fueled decision and more of a limitations thing. While possible, I don't think GameFreak would want to put a ton of effort into updating Sinnoh's layout to make it comparable to SwSh.
The game would look like a regression from Sword and Shield if they did that.

Didn't stop them for Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. Kanto's still a land of squares and rectangles where all doors and entrances face south. ...And everyone looks like children because of the artstyle. For the first games on the switch.

Worst foot forward to make us lower our expectations for sword and shield back then, I guess? God I hate how the Let's Go games were designed visually.

Didn't stop them for Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. Kanto's still a land of squares and rectangles where all doors and entrances face south. ...And everyone looks like children because of the artstyle. For the first games on the switch.

Worst foot forward to make us lower our expectations for sword and shield back then, I guess? God I hate how the Let's Go games were designed visually.
But since these aren't designed with that mentality, I don't think that they would do that here.

God I hate how the Let's Go games were designed visually.

Even so:
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 2.23.10 PM.png

During the Dexit debacle I saw some people mentioning outdoor backgrounds not matching with the location sometimes, but I don’t have a link to the post. Just something I read back then and it would be nice if someone could verify/debunk that.

I made just such a post at one point; I'll try to dig it up later but while it's true that the backgrounds are inconsistent with the overworld locations at times, I was talking more in terms of graphical quality. Outdoor areas in Sword & Shield do depict the outdoors, they don't just shrug and go "idk have a green void" like that image implies.

I made just such a post at one point; I'll try to dig it up later but while it's true that the backgrounds are inconsistent with the overworld locations at times, I was talking more in terms of graphical quality. Outdoor areas in Sword & Shield do depict the outdoors, they don't just shrug and go "idk have a green void" like that image implies.
That image gives the wrong impression of Sword and Shield and makes it look worse than it actually is.

I'm expecting Lets Go Johto next. They can resuse a lot of assets from the first game, so it will be quicker and cheaper to make.

So, Lets Go Johto 2021
Break 2022
New Gen 2023
Diamond/Pearl remakes 2024.

So, Lets Go Johto 2021

If they reuse assets at least make it a brand new game with a new storyline. I'm absolutely down for a Kanto/Johto revisit but it has to be the Kanto that Lillie visits. Not the whole Team Rocket to Red Gyarados storyline agaaaaain.

If they reuse assets at least make it a brand new game with a new storyline. I'm absolutely down for a Kanto/Johto revisit but it has to be the Kanto that Lillie visits. Not the whole Team Rocket to Red Gyarados storyline agaaaaain.
At this point I can say we should be 99.99999% sure that any game using Let's Go in the name would retain almost the same storyline. *Flashbacks to god knows how any pages of Kanto sequel speculation only to end up with Red/Blue 3.0*

At this point I can say we should be 99.99999% sure that any game using Let's Go in the name would retain almost the same storyline. *Flashbacks to god knows how any pages of Kanto sequel speculation only to end up with Red/Blue 3.0*

Well, I said no to a Let's Go Johto earlier but I edited it out because it really doesn't matter what they call it. If we're revisiting Kanto/Johto it just has to be new. PERIODT.

Well, I said no to a Let's Go Johto earlier but I edited it out because it really doesn't matter what they call it. If we're revisiting Kanto/Johto it just has to be new. PERIODT.
Fully agreed. I really hope GameFreak agrees too, but their mantra so far with Kanto/Johto seems to be go as backward as possible to milk the most effortless version of nostalgia.

I think that's going to happen, unless GF is obsessed with nostalgia for some reason.

The series has reeked of excessive nostalgia pandering since XY, but I think they will keep the chibi look to the Let's Go games for now. (Though I wouldn't be lying if I said i wasn't a little concerned of the possiblity of the gen 4 remake being a lets go game)

The series has reeked of excessive nostalgia pandering since XY, but I think they will keep the chibi look to the Let's Go games for now. (Though I wouldn't be lying if I said i wasn't a little concerned of the possiblity of the gen 4 remake being a lets go game)
Gen 4 isn't as iconic as Gen 1 is. I think that they would make them like Sword and Shield.

(Though I wouldn't be lying if I said i wasn't a little concerned of the possiblity of the gen 4 remake being a lets go game)
Gen 4 isn't as iconic as Gen 1 is. I think that they would make them like Sword and Shield.
While I agree that GameFreak will most likely make DPPt remakes in the style of SwSh, I think there's more to it than gen 4's lack of iconicness compared to gen 1. I think it's also because LGPE was meant to appeal to young children and GO players. There will be no need to make DPPt remakes Let's Go games, in my opinion, because they won't be made to appeal to that specific demographic--they'll be more general like SwSh--as there is no need to now with LGPE already out.

I don't see them making a Let's Go styled Diamond and Pearl remake because it doesn't make sense to do so before a traditionally styled remake when looking at a business perspective of following Pokemon GO. Let's be realistic here, Gen 2 Pokemon appeared in Pokemon GO long before Gen 4 Pokemon did, would they really go out of order in either remake series? Of course not.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom