• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would Pokemon Snap 2 be like?

Ludo

Reaction score
PokéMon Snap 2?

Of all the spin-off games I've played, I think they're all pretty okay-to-dreadful (I haven't tried Mystery Dungeon or Rescue Team, but I don't really intend to). However, there was one that I thought was great, at least when I first played it back when: PokéMon Snap!
Perhaps it's my growing interest in photography. Wouldn't it be great if Nintendo and Game Freak cranked out an excellent sequel to this game? It was so addicting and fun... I'd love to have a Generation-IV update for Wii. What do you all think? And is it a realistic fantasy, might they ever consider it? Or is there a way to at least submit a suggestion...?

I seem to recall it was. I dug out my N64 not too long ago, so I may borrow it from my brother and give it another go to be sure. I was younger, so I could be mistaken :p

I think the premise for a sequel for Pokemon Snap is there, but I think they probably won't pick it up. I enjoyed the game a lot though I figure that making one would just take too long. The first one didn't include all the original 151 and now with over 400, it'd just be laborious. Though this isn't to say I wouldn't enjoy playing it. :p

Snap was the best thing ever and I'd love a sequel of it. *-*

I think the premise for a sequel for Pokemon Snap is there, but I think they probably won't pick it up. I enjoyed the game a lot though I figure that making one would just take too long. The first one didn't include all the original 151 and now with over 400, it'd just be laborious. Though this isn't to say I wouldn't enjoy playing it. :p

Maybe they can use the 3d models in Pokemon Battle Revolution?

Here are my ideas (you can insert your own or comment on others)

*ALL Pokemon!
*Wiimote held sideways and used like a camera.
*More "Boss Pokemon" like Mew.
*Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR islands of Pokemon!
*References to PKMS1.
*New 0-1 forms, like submarine!
*New Pokemon Signs.
*Maybe areas that can be affected to change your path? (ex. A rock that, when hit with something, takes you into an underground Digglet cave.)

Anyone else have any good ideas? Hmm? Hmm?

I find Snap two to be very unlikely since they just released the Virtual Contests thing for the wii...

I would definitely enjoy seeing more boss pokemon and all of the pokemon too.

Pokemon Snap 2

I don't know if this has been talked about before but does anybody else want a sequel to Pokemon Snap? I think it would be a lot more fun now with all the new Pokemon they could use for the game, the graphics could be better which would be a plus too. It would just be nice to have a Pokemon game like it where you don't have any objectives really and you can go through levels over and over again and try to find all of the secrets in it.

Re: Pokemon Snap 2

I don't know if this has been talked about before but does anybody else want a sequel to Pokemon Snap? I think it would be a lot more fun now with all the new Pokemon they could use for the game, the graphics could be better which would be a plus too. It would just be nice to have a Pokemon game like it where you don't have any objectives really and you can go through levels over and over again and try to find all of the secrets in it.
Sounds alright, and it would work nicely with the Wii pointer. I never played Snap so I don't know if it's any good, but it sounded nice.

Yeah, with the pointer, it would probably be really good. There's also all of the new pokemon to snap pictures of. Although, unless it had a LOT of content, I'd prefer it as Wiiware or something.

You jerk. The thread name made me think for a second that they were actually making Pokémon Snap 2. :p

The general consensus is Pokémon Snap was great. Not everyone liked it, but most consider it one of the best spinoffs.

Pokémon Snap 2 needs to be made, big time. The Wii would be great for it, though there's the issue of the pointer being on the least camera-like side of the remote possible.

Sorry, Sleet.

I really want this to made, more so then the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes, I spent hours straight on this when I was younger and it is one of the best Pokemon games. The Wii pointer aspect just adds to the potential of this game.

I pray to God it will happen.
Snap is the best Pokemon spin-off. EVER.

I think it would be cool. But they do have to use pokémon of every generation, not just I and IV or something (like they did to pokemon melee)

I loved Pokemon Snap, and a sequel would be awesome.

Hopefully it would be a lot longer and contain most if not all current Pokemon. The original only had 63 of the at-the-time 151 Pokemon, lol.

Pokemon Snap was one of the few games I never got the privelege to play unfortunately, though the premise looks great. Only thing is, there has been 3 generations worth of Pokemon released and unveiled, meaning either the game will be rather massive or there would be a lot of areas to hold them all. Still, I wouldn't complain at that.

That would be great. Maybe it could be released for ds also because you could use the stylus to draw around a pokemon to snap the photo.

YES WE NEED THIS<3<3<3<3<3

We keep getting rangers and mystery dungeons, which I'm sick of. The only spinoffs we have that aren't are Battrio and Scramble, the former being only in Japan. Aside from that, this game was amazing and I would be happy as long as they make it.

Even though the first one is already on the vitrual console, it wouldn't hurt to make a sequel on the Wii or on the DS?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom