• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite series of the anime so far?

How much I like them: SM > DP > AG Battle Frontier > XY > JN > OS Kanto+OI > AG Hoenn > BW > OS Johto

How I consider them from best to worst: DP > AG Battle Frontier > SM > XY > AG Hoenn > JN > OS Kanto+OI > BW > OS Johto

DP and AG Battle Frontier are probably the peak of the Pokémon anime and the most consistent in my ranks overall. I enjoyed SM more but it has bigger flaws than both DP and AG Battle Frontier. I liked XY at first but the series was too ambitious for what it ended up doing with the characters, so it ended being worse for me after a rewatch.

This is a hard question.....

I would say, a tie between DP/XY.
Both showed Satoshi at his finest, competent and dedicated.
Had well-developed dynamics and lively ensembles, be it of Pokemon and human characters.

I agree with those whom use the term: 'The Five Good Series', from OS to XY.
Despite the many lackings, there is something about BW that I still found charming.
My main issue with SM is the lack of interesting Cotds, that's something I always loved of Anipoke and why I never minded fillers.

However, I can improve the phrase: 'The Six Good Series', including SM.
And then there you have the mangled, battered and ill-fated Journeys.

I rarely watch the Anime and more play apps (Masters specifically).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom