• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wikipedia's episode articles...

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
I was browsing Wikipedia during the recent server move and I noticed that there are now some articles on individual episodes of the anime. So I had a look at one... and it looked very familiar.

To pick one at random:
Battle Tower! Telepathy Battle! at Wikipedia.
AG170 at Bulbapedia.

Can they do that? I'm not sure how the copying rules work but I know that we have a policy of not copying from Wikipedia so I just wanted to bring this to people's attention.

Lol, I saw those about 2 days ago when I was cross referencing the episode titles... lmao, the synposis is on there. >_<

I can confirm that it is plagiarizing as the synopsis was written by bgtfamily and some of the work on that article was done by myself. Neither Bgtfamily nor I posted on wikipedia nor did we want our work there. It was intended for Bulbapedia only.

Methinks we should make it loud and clear this isn't permitted. Checking the histories, the Wikipedia's Battle Tower episode was removed and then put back up, and a cease-and-desist message Archaic left on the offender's talk page was removed by an anonymous.

Deleted all infringing synopsis's and identical information from Bulbapedia. Left a tag stating : <-- Original synopsis removed due to plagiarizing -->

Wonderful, copyvio... There are instructions at [wp]Wikipedia:Copyvio[/wp] for these cases... But it looks like this is not isolated: Look at all these articles...

Agh, I wish there was some way to punish this user on our side - but there isn't.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom