• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Serena return in Sun and Moon?

Let me first begin by saying that Ash becoming a better trainer has nothing to do with his character development. Being a better battler doesn't by itself give your character more depth. With that established, I don't see how Serena's character development was lacking in comparison to Ash. She went from someone with no goals to an independent girl who is inspired enough to take charge of her own growth as opposed to being the follower that she had been. IMO she had more growth as compared to Ash.

Funny that you think Clemont had more development than Serena. Remind me again what is it that Clemont has done?

Honestly though... This is a children's show. IDK what character development are y'all expecting. Conflicts get resolved in two episodes max. XD

As I already said, I was mainly focusing on the side companions since Ash can only have so much more depth added to his character when he's been around for 10 years, but it wasn't just him becoming a better battler. Ash-Greninja in itself was a major part of Ash's development in the series.

But to answer your question, Serena's goal was lacking to me, compared to Ash because she took long. I'm not measuring the difference between how much one character had grown at the end compared to another. I'm saying for a large part of the beginning of the series, while Clemont had something in mind he was doing, Serena was just there "looking" for a goal and otherwise doing nothing. Bonnie was not even a trainer and was getting episodes of focus fairly early in. That is my issue with Serena. You seem to be the one focused specifically on character development, I was focusing merely on her contributing to the cast in more than just her presence.

I literally just watched over the last XYZ episode as I wanted to fully see it in the subbed version again. I honestly haven't felt this sad about companion separation since Brock/Misty. This may have even tied with it for me, the emotional aspects of XYZ were done extremely well imo.

Well, since we're having these 2 episodes with Ash going to Kanto and seeing Misty and Brock, I now want Serena to stay away from Sun and Moon more than ever. I really am so tired of Sun and Moon's main plot being rushed and ignored in several places, while at the same time dedicating 2 episodes to Kanto. I want to see more of Alola: Alolan characters, Alolan Pokemon, Alolan activities. I don't see anything Serena could do to be apart of the actual plot (nor should she be part of it) and would most likely only be able to return for some for of filler arc that would take attention away from the main one. I want more focus on the new characters who are already struggling to have major time to themselves, not anymore old ones who have already had their time.

Well, since we're having these 2 episodes with Ash going to Kanto and seeing Misty and Brock, I now want Serena to stay away from Sun and Moon more than ever. I really am so tired of Sun and Moon's main plot being rushed and ignored in several places, while at the same time dedicating 2 episodes to Kanto. I want to see more of Alola: Alolan characters, Alolan Pokemon, Alolan activities. I don't see anything Serena could do to be apart of the actual plot (nor should she be part of it) and would most likely only be able to return for some for of filler arc that would take attention away from the main one. I want more focus on the new characters who are already struggling to have major time to themselves, not anymore old ones who have already had their time.

I'm thinking that while going to Kanto is nostalgic, this will help to develop some character. Most likely Lillie and Kiawe and Lana. I'd love Serena to return but in the future.

That is my issue with Serena. You seem to be the one focused specifically on character development, I was focusing merely on her contributing to the cast in more than just her presence.

Well you did talk about the characters growing and that is imo their character development and not how they were contributing to the cast. Well I accept that Serena didn't contribute much at the beginning and how she was really just there for the ride but I personally find that relatable. That said, Citron also didn't contribute much after the halfway point. I think their contributions are about on par.

I doubt she will be back in SM since shes still in Hoenn and like she said before, she will visit other regions that has competitions or any stuff related to her goal.

I doubt she will be back in SM since shes still in Hoenn and like she said before, she will visit other regions that has competitions or any stuff related to her goal.
but dube if she return do you think romantic stuff will happen alot in the anime. I mean i want her to return to but not in this series i rather wait for her when she is old and she will be brave. If she return to sun & moon i think the story will focus more on romantic. Dont you think like that.

I believe, she is going to return right after Ash and his classmate heading to Ula Ula. That is where the series starting to shine. The place, where Professor Kukui will presumably setting his own league at the top of the mountain Lanakila. Before he can do it, something else is there are guarding it, Probably will be Crabominable with it ally of Alolan Sandslash and Vanilluxe preparing to fight for the bitter end, especially for Lillie. Where her lovely snowy will be the key to win.

Not to even mention about the grand trial, when Nanu heard about Hala and Olivia after Ash had passed. I believe he is going to put a triple battle on him to test, how he can do it. Later on, all the possibility of Ash Classmate Pokemon will probably going to evolve especially the girls. That is what we all really wanted anticipated. I wish that can happened.

If she does eventually return, they would not address any romance most likely outright. They'd probably keep it at subtle hints here and there but who knows, they may surprise us.

well contests were never her goal...
Yeah but before they went to the airport, she told everyone she'll go to Hoenn then at the escalator scene, she told Ash that he is her goal also and she'll be a more attractive when they meet again. Geez the memories again hahaha. I miss those moments

If only Serena pulls a Brock like return, I think Brock only missed the Orange Island arc then continued to travel until DP.

Yeah but before they went to the airport, she told everyone she'll go to Hoenn then at the escalator scene, she told Ash that he is her goal also and she'll be a more attractive when they meet again. Geez the memories again hahaha. I miss those moments

If only Serena pulls a Brock like return, I think Brock only missed the Orange Island arc then continued to travel until DP.

Her goal is sorta the human version to Ash's goal actually (Ash included). Hers is to make everyone smile (bring joy) which she thinks becoming Kalos Queen will do also. Doing it in other regions just helps her attain that.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom