• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you like to see Team Star & the BB league elite four in the anime?

skynerel

How could I forget Spinda??!!
Reaction score
Now that the Elite Four and many other game characters have debuted in horizons. Would like to see Team Star and the BB league elite four introduced? And if so, how do you think they can incorporate said characters to the storyline?

I'm not completely caught up to the current episodes, but I'm assuming we still have no clue why
Penny is there. She didn't really have any reason to hang out with the Elite Four other than working for them--so this could be her post-game punishment from Geeta or the game events never happened and they hired her normally.

She's at least at a spot where she doesn't feel the need to hide in her room all the time, which makes me think that Starfall Street wouldn't happen in its game form. My guess is the Star Training Centers are already a thing and Liko & Roy will visit one of them when a gym gets too hard for some extra training.

At least, that's what I'd expect from the Ash-centric anime. Hard to say with this one for sure; they really like their twists and turns. (A good thing, in my mind.)

Honestly I could see us meeting maybe one member of each group (so one other team star member and one of the bbe4 at most, unless they decide to dedicate a full arc to blueberry itself

Team Star for sure since they're my favorite part of the SV games. However, I'm unsure how they would be incorporated around the current story unless they get some time while the gang is stationed in Paldea.

The BB League doesn't seem as necessary since Dot, Roy, and Liko are supposedly going to be getting guidance from the Paldea E4 soon. But I could see some sort of Blueberry Academy arc later in the series as well. I'm personally not as interested in them as Team Star though.

Team Star for sure since they're my favorite part of the SV games. However, I'm unsure how they would be incorporated around the current story unless they get some time while the gang is stationed in Paldea.

The BB League doesn't seem as necessary since Dot, Roy, and Liko are supposedly going to be getting guidance from the Paldea E4 soon. But I could see some sort of Blueberry Academy arc later in the series as well. I'm personally not as interested in them as Team Star though.

Same!

The biggest thing I'd want to see from the BB League appearing is Ortega getting in an argument with Lacey about whether fairy types are or are not "all about cuteness." ^_^

The games go out of their way to detail where each of the BBE4 are from, so it’s entirely possible we could meet them in their hometowns and not the school.

It’d be nice to see Lacey actually interact with her father.

Like what @KatrinaSForest said earlier, anything can go now that Ash is out of the picture. But recent portrayals of not-so-villainous teams have been downplayed or tweaked from the games. Guzma's backstory (and also those of other Team Skull members) have been ignored and the group were portrayed as merely petty thugs. Also, Team Yell was only in one episode in Journeys. Also, while DLC locations have been in the anime, the cast from them haven't so far, including Peony and Peonia (Rose's brother and niece, and presumably Penny's father and sister).

Horizons has done a far better job of showcasing Paldea than what Journeys did with Galar (and some can even say Horizons also did a better job of showcasing Galar). 48 episodes in, and we've already been introduced to most of the core cast of SV, with only half of the gym leaders, Arven, Professor Sada (since the anime uses Naranja Acadamy), and Team Star absent so far (if one counts Team Rocket encountering Koraidon and Miraidon near the end of Journeys as canon).

Last edited:
Just because this particular academy was used doesn't mean that Professor Turo can't appear.
I agree nothing stops Professor Turo from being included despite the anime seemingly adapting Scarlet. The anime has often done a composite of both game pairs (Cyrus summoning both Dialga and Palkia, for example), but other times either only using one game as a source (Ghetsis trying to use Reshiram with no signs of N using Zekrom) or didn't use either game (Lysandre plotting with Zygarde instead of Xerneas/Yveltal).

The question is whether the anime would use one professor, both professors... or leave them and Arven out entirely and provide a new explanation for the Raidons and the other Paradox Pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom