• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who made this, i just want to talk. <a href="Adam Wiles on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/1JyZ1dCcDl</a></p>&mdash; mikey (@Michaelxbaker) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/Michaelxbaker/status/767902267634749440
">23 August 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is amazing and we all should watch it

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who made this, i just want to talk. <a href="Adam Wiles on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/1JyZ1dCcDl</a></p>&mdash; mikey (@Michaelxbaker) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/Michaelxbaker/status/767902267634749440
">23 August 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is amazing and we all should watch it

I've seen a lot of these kinds of videos but I think this is one of the more well-done ones. I love Charizard in particular. XD

Oh, and I spent the break going through all the stuff in my apartment to either keep or donate. I've got a big move coming up in a week and I can't help but think it'd be nice to have all the money back that I wasted on the stuff I'm donating... lol

I've had to laugh tonight - Team GB made a valiant attempt to make God Save the Queen sound like a joyful, triumphant song, but really, all you can do is drone it with a fixed grin. Might want to try a hollered chorus of Rule Britannia next time, fellas

I've had to laugh tonight - Team GB made a valiant attempt to make God Save the Queen sound like a joyful, triumphant song, but really, all you can do is drone it with a fixed grin. Might want to try a hollered chorus of Rule Britannia next time, fellas

Can't be any worse than when footballers have to belt out the anthem...

Well, I have Discord now... anyone know why it's so popular? 'cause a lot of people I know migrated to it from Skype.

Does anyone ever play the games and train or come across a Pokemon they hadn't really considered much before and suddenly want to write about it? I'm having that a bit at the mo with Pokemon Go: I was already looking into the possibilities of working Krabby and Goldeen in The First Warriors, and I have now fallen in love with Poliwhirl thanks to Pokemon Go. I just don't think I have the room for that many Water types

My very first (and very late) playthrough of Sapphire inspired me to work with Mightyena, and the Red Gyarados is something I also want to touch on.

The difficulty with water-types is... how do you do the fish without giving them a psychic bubble of water around them? A lot of water-types are fish.

The Pokéball projects a field around them that simulates their more ideal environment, or some water-types don't need water so they just use those until a more suitable environment can be found or created by a fellow water-type?

It doesn't end with the business of breathing, though. I don't really see a way that a Goldeen could propel itself while out of water, for example - and the usual anime cheat of just showing it floating into the attack against a technicolour background won't work in prose

Back
Top Bottom