• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY121: The Bewildering Woods... The Dawn of Evolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's basically confirmed now that Ash-Greninja is able to achieve its waterless form prior to this episode. I think the evolution could refer to:

1) Mega Abomasnow
2) One of the village Pokemon that Ash is seen with or another Pokemon introduced in this episode (like Tyrunt way back when) could evolve at the end
3) An evolution for Pancham, Braixen, Chespin, Bunnelby, or Inkay
4) Pikachu accidentally swallows a Thunder Stone and evolves and Pokemon changes its mascot to Raichu after 20 years

Of those in #3 I think Inkay is most likely if only because there isn't any evidence against it (i.e. movie posters) I think. Also would be interesting for James to have a Malamar rather than an Inkay if they ever decide to provide us closure for that Malamar arc (I still think Xerosic is involved).

As for a gym rematch, I think it's a lot more likely Ash could lose than people would think. It gives him a reason to go out of his way to travel through the winding woods and to Pokemon Village in the first place for some extra training. I mean, I kind of hope he doesn't lose just because they've delayed him getting his 8th badge for far too long imo but it's definitely a likely possibility.

Well it's basically confirmed now that Ash-Greninja is able to achieve its waterless form prior to this episode. I think the evolution could refer to:

1) Mega Abomasnow
2) One of the village Pokemon that Ash is seen with or another Pokemon introduced in this episode (like Tyrunt way back when) could evolve at the end
3) An evolution for Pancham, Braixen, Chespin, Bunnelby, or Inkay
4) Pikachu accidentally swallows a Thunder Stone and evolves and Pokemon changes its mascot to Raichu after 20 years

Of those in #3 I think Inkay is most likely if only because there isn't any evidence against it (i.e. movie posters) I think. Also would be interesting for James to have a Malamar rather than an Inkay if they ever decide to provide us closure for that Malamar arc (I still think Xerosic is involved).

As for a gym rematch, I think it's a lot more likely Ash could lose than people would think. It gives him a reason to go out of his way to travel through the winding woods and to Pokemon Village in the first place for some extra training. I mean, I kind of hope he doesn't lose just because they've delayed him getting his 8th badge for far too long imo but it's definitely a likely possibility.

Or Ash gets a preview of the waterless form but then doesn't how to activate it on a regular basis. It's not the two trials of Greninja, it's four including Wulfric.

Or Ash gets a preview of the waterless form but then doesn't how to activate it on a regular basis. It's not the two trials of Greninja, it's four including Wulfric.

I honestly don't think this is about Greninja. "Dawn of Evolution" makes me think it will be about something...well new. We don't even know if Greninja's change is a form of evolution or simply a form-change yet.

I want my Inkbae/Maiika to evolve, yet be honest mates, do you actually see Kojiro with a Calamanero? Musashi maybe, but it isn't like Kojiro to have actual intimidating Pokemon, besides maybe Morobareru or Utsubot.

I want my Inkbae/Maiika to evolve, yet be honest mates, do you actually see Kojiro with a Calamanero? Musashi maybe, but it isn't like Kojiro to have actual intimidating Pokemon, besides maybe Morobareru or Utsubot.

I think it's safe to say that whatever he catches will still fail just as much as before along with the rest of them. If Malamar were to retain its quirky Inkay personality I could see it working tbh. No matter how intimidating it's still TR they have made a mockery of the likes of Aggron, Charizard, Gyarados etc. in the past, and Malamar doesn't come close to being as powerful as those.

I also have the feeling that their will be a new opening because we have all the events of the opening already don then.

I have a theory! In the image, Ash is shown to have five Pokémon that don't travel along side him...and there's a snowstorm. Perhaps Ash has been separated from the gang, and Greninja is there with him. Maybe Greninja will walk away during the night to look for them, and Ash thinks Greninja would have abandoned him. Thus, depression arc takes place...doubt it though.

I have a theory! In the image, Ash is shown to have five Pokémon that don't travel along side him...and there's a snowstorm. Perhaps Ash has been separated from the gang, and Greninja is there with him. Maybe Greninja will walk away during the night to look for them, and Ash thinks Greninja would have abandoned him. Thus, depression arc takes place...doubt it though.
yes, good idea! I think also Ash will learn that he must deeply take care of this pokémon, in the Village.

If in XY104 capture meant evolution, maybe here evolution means capture. Ash's Phantump confirmed!!!

I think that if this was going to be a TR episode, we would've known by now.

If in XY104 capture meant evolution, maybe here evolution means capture. Ash's Phantump confirmed!!!

I think that if this was going to be a TR episode, we would've known by now.
But in Pokémon, the captures are so unexpected, mabye Serena or Clemont can also catch a pokémon? (that is my idea!)

I don't know why some of you think that this episode takes place in the Pokemon Village when the title mentions Bewildering Woods, which is the Japanese name of Winding Woods. Why it is so hard to concede that the next episode will probably be set in the village is beyond me.

I am curious wich episodes there will coming up!:)
Speaking of upcoming episodes, I'm a little curious of how TR will appear in the league since they're more prominent then they were in BW. Get me in a 10-12 episode coma if they're absent. But since they rushed the Master Class it will probably last 3 episodes lmao

Is anyone else getting vibes of "Snow Way Out!" with Satoshi holding the Pokemon?

I think it's safe to say that whatever he catches will still fail just as much as before along with the rest of them. If Malamar were to retain its quirky Inkay personality I could see it working tbh. No matter how intimidating it's still TR they have made a mockery of the likes of Aggron, Charizard, Gyarados etc. in the past, and Malamar doesn't come close to being as powerful as those.

I can't see a Calamanero cutely eating food unfortunately.

I hope TRio can sell food or whatever excuse to be watching the league.

As for Maaiika evolving, let alone in this episode, LOL no.
I can see that happening, but eh, they'll be absent at one point like they were in Episode N.

Maiika evolving seemed much unlikely anyways. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom