• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY132: Flare-dan Attacks! The Zygarde at Prism Tower!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This indisputably proves one thing: Alain is with Ash and he's going to be quite in for a surprise about Team Flare's true colors. And thus, the chances of Ash vs Alain in the Team Flare climax have dropped close to none. Yup, that League battle is likely their last battle together.

There IS chance, as it might come to this:
The brainwash/controlled Ash might join Flare's side, and to snap him out of this, Alain as to have a battle with him, and Alain actually might and up winning...

Ash getting captured? I'm not even sure what to think of that. It could be an interesting twist, or it could foreshadow Ash losing his badassery once again for the Alola Series. We'll just have to wait and see how they go about this.

The brainwash/controlled Ash might join Flare's side, and to snap him out of this, Alain as to have a battle with him, and Alain actually might and up winning...

i might add Serena to the Formula the best non legendary rival (looking to you Tobias) and the Main Girl(also in love) using both pikachu and Greninja to try to free Ash from Team Flare

New summaries outright state that Ash and Alain will team up, pretty much dropping any chances for them to square off in this arc, if they're working together. With Alain not knowing about this plan and probably not agreeing with it, it wouldn't make sense anyway. XY 131 might as well be Ash's very last chance to beat Alain. Why would Lysandre kidnap Ash anyway if not only Ash lost, but he said he has no time for weaklings?

New summaries outright state that Ash and Alain will team up, pretty much dropping any chances for them to square off in this arc, if they're working together. With Alain not knowing about this plan and probably not agreeing with it, it wouldn't make sense anyway. XY 131 might as well be Ash's very last chance to beat Alain. Why would Lysandre kidnap Ash anyway if not only Ash lost, but he said he has no time for weaklings?
He would still take Ash regardless of outcome. Ash has demonstrated skill and the Greninja form would no doubt interest Lysandre. Ash doesn't need to win to be kidnapped.

I could see something like this happening, especially since the broadcast data for one of the next episodes has Malamar as a Pokémon appearing in an episode so that means one of three things: 1. The Malamar Cult returns and is working with/for Team Flare. 2. Xerosic has a Malamar (like in the games) and could use it to brainwash Ash, and potentially even use Ash's bond with Greninja to brainwash Greninja to, despite Greninja being a Dark-type Pokémon. Or 3. (and most unlikely) James's Inkay evolves into a Malamar. As you can see, I believe that if this does happen, and I actually hope it does, that 1 or 2 are far more likely.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Clemont: Yūki Kaji

Bonnie: Mariya Ise

Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Talonflame: Kiyotaka Furushima

Noivern: Kenta Miyake

Dedenne: Megumi Satō

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin'ichirō Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda

Officer Jenny: Chiemi Ishimatsu

Professor Sycamore: Hiroshi Tsuchida

Alain: Kenshō Ono

Mairin: Mikako Komatsu

Tierno: Anri Katsu

Trevor: Minami Fujii

Shauna: Yurie Kobori

Lysandre: Hideaki Tezuka

Xerosic: Tsuguo Mogami

Celosia: Karin Nanami

Aliana: Rinko Kajitsu

Bryony: Akane Fujita

Diantha: Fumiko Orikasa

Olympia: Masako Katsuki

Malva: Akeno Watanabe

Charizard: Kensuke Satō

Here are two new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

A Zygarde and lot of enormous plants suddenly appear. And as Ash, Pikachu and Alain attempt to get to the bottom of this mystery, Team Flare appear before them! And incredibly enough, their target is Ash...!

Lumiose City is thrown into a huge panic when mysterious enormous plants attack. Ash, Pikachu and Alain head for the Prism Tower to find out the cause behind all this. But then Team Flare appear before them. Meanwhile, Lysandre starts telling the entire world about his ambitions...!

Last edited:
I still question why their target is Ash. We do know that Lysandre is very interested in Ash-Greninja and made Ash promise to talk to him about the bond he has with Greninja. As we know though, Lysandre does not have time for weaklings so that's saying something if he's targeting Ash. If it was for Squishy, he'd be after Bonnie cause she carries Squishy.

Also, it says that Puni-chan's song will be the ending and before people get in an uproar, this will probably be an episode focusing on Squishy more than it is focused on Pikachu, due to Z2 having a lot to do with this episode.

Isn't he listed as Professor Oak when he actually appears? Surely that's more notable than the narrator.
Nah, I looked at the most recent episode that properly lists the Voice Actors without it being a generic list and the most recent time that Oak had a speaking role with a proper list and the narrator was still listed. Even the episode where Oak caught Rotom didn't list Oak, but the narrator. So Oak could still be in the previous episode and/or this episode.

Wow. I don't remember the last time that I was legitimately interested in an upcoming anime episode, but I'm actually looking forward to how this all plays out.

"...And I have a special message to Giovanni, Archie, Maxie and Ghetsis: *ahem* SUCK IT LOSERS!"

*flips the bird with both hands*
Giovanni is watching as this happens and suddenly gives Lysandre the angry Yellow Diamond face. Then he flies to Kalos.

I am JUST noticing also that Olympia is listed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom