• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia You Decide the Rules Mafia: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Edition - Endgame - 14/09/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night 0 Start - 07/09/2017

• Hello everyone, and welcome to the Start of You Decide The Rules Mafia!
    It's been a ride to get here, but here we are finally starting.

The list of rules is listed below, and the OP will be updated to feature all these rules as well!
    After this message has gone out, I'll be sending out Role PMs. Therefore...

It is now Night 0. The phase will end at 12PM CEST.

Please confirm in thread that you have received your character and have read the rules!

1. You are only allowed to use Host Provided OC
    2. You are not allowed to Roleclaim in thread but you can Roleclaim outside of thread
    3. You are allowed to Nameclaim
    4. You are not allowed to claim what question you have answered outside of thread but you are allowed to claim in thread
    5. All players with the most votes are lynched
    6. Day Phases last 48 hours.
    7. There are no Night Phases, you have to submit your night action during the day
    8. Every phase the options of one of the rule questions will be revealed at random.

Day 1 - Caught the Thief

• "How are the plans coming along?"
    "They're coming alone as planned my lord, we've taken care of that pesky Grovyle and after spreading some misinformation, we'll be ready to move onto phase 2."
    "Good, how is the misinformation coming along?"
    "It seems that he has been able to go by unnoticed in town my lord, soon he'll spread the news and then it should be everywhere."
    "Good.You're dismissed."
    "Yes, my lord."

"Hey, did you hear? There are rumors going around that they've finally defeated that time gear stealing Pokemon!"

"What? Who are these rumors coming from? and who defeated the thief?"
    "I don't know where they're coming from, some say they came from a yellow Pokemon from Treasure Town, others' say it was Magnezone's team. But they all tell the same tale, of how the thief was first knocked down to the ground, dropping all the time gears, then something opened up some sort of portal and imprisoned him inside."
    "Hmm. Thanks Sunflora, I'll be sure to discuss this with the Guildmaster."
    I have a bad feeling about this.

It is now Day 1. Day 1 ends in 48 hours.
    Keep in mind to also send in your night actions, as N1 will also end in 48 hours. See the rules if you don't get what I mean :)

Day 1 midday recap - 09/09/2017

• @Yours Truly has been mod killed.
    Dear Yours Truly, You are Kecleon from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series.

6af.png

You are the proud owner of the Kecleon Shop, the biggest franchise in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. Not only are your prices fair, you also pay a fair amount for any goods travelers leave behind.

However, you do not look too kindly to thiefs, sometimes unknowing travelers pick up your goods, and walk away without paying. This, can not go unpunished. Therefore, you are The Serial Killer Neighbor. Every day you put in a kill action for you to execute at night, and you will attempt to silence your target for good. You do this by typing: Stop! Thief! [playername] in this role pm.
    But since you're known well across the world, you have many contacts, one of them being in your Neighborhood.

You are aligned with your self and only win when every opposing faction has been defeated, or this is inevitable.

Reminder: that role claiming is not allowed. Name claiming is fine.

Day 1 ends in about 19 hours.

Phase 1 recap - Day 2 - 6 Deaths?
  • Day 1 Final vote tally:
    Darthwolf (I):
    Doctor Floptopus
    Neon Borealis (I): MegaPod
    Zachie (I): Neon Borealis
    Escparth (I): Drift

*flavor pending*

Dear DarthWolf, you are Darkrai from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

Due to me knowing you personally haven't finished this game and wouldn't like to be spoiled, this flavor text will be kept to a minimum.

You are Darkrai, the lord of evil, and the Pitch Black Pokemon. Due to your cunning skills in deception, you are the Mafia Godfather 2x Framer. Any copchecks on you will return a town result. Twice a game, you can decide to frame your kill, the role PM of the player will be obstructed to the point where their power will be unreadable.

You are aligned with the mafia and win when all opposing factions have been defeated or this outcome is inevitable.
    Dear Neon Borealis, You are Nuzleaf from Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

220px-274Nuzleaf_PSMD.png

During the adventure of the Player Character you have done many good, and bad deeds. Without going into too much details in terms of spoilers, you are ashamed of what bad you have done and can not think of any way to atone for your sins.

Due to this, you are The Jester. Which grants you no special power besides your lynch vote.

You win by getting lynched, and lose if you die in any other way or survive till end game.
    Dear Zachie, You're Xatu from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series.

190px-Xatu_GRT.png

You are known as the wisest Pokemon on the Air Continent. They say that because you stare into the sun all day long, you can see the future, and the past. But might have a problem seeing who is in front of you.

Due to your powers, you are the Clairvoyant Mystic. Every night you will receive some random information about the game's setup or mechanics. Next to this, after every night you will also get to know how many actions were used that night.

You are aligned with the Town and win when all opposing factions have been defeated.
    Dear Escparth, You are Pelipper from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series.

300px-SOS_Mail_PSMD.png

Debuting in the first game as the mail delivery agent, you are quite known for hosting not only the mail services around the world but also all Player Rescue Missions on your own island.

Due to your massive network, and work in mail delivery, you are The Busdriver. Every night you can target 2 people, and switch their spots, anybody targeting player a will now target player b and vice-versa. To do so, type the following during the day to select your night target: Mail from [player A] goes to [player B]

You are aligned with the Town and win when all opposing factions have been defeated.
    • Darthwolf was lynched, he was Darkrai the Mafia Godfather 2x Framer.
    • Neon Borealis's was lynched, and won the game. He was Nuzleaf the Jester.
    • Zachie was lynched, he was Xatu the Clairvoyant Mystic.
    • Escparth was lynched, he was Pelipper the Bus Driver.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 1 recap.

Elementar & Megapod were killed.

Dear Elementar, you are the Player Character, better known as the Human from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series

i_don__t_want_to_say_goodbye____by_shadowtheumbreon-d375x60.png

As a Human you're not home to this world of Pokemon, however you're send here to defend it with all your might. Every time however, returning with a different personality and leaving once your job is over. This time however, it seems like you can't think of what Pokemon to be. Next to this you are also the main customer to any shop, making you quite the social person.

Because of this you're the Wildcard Neighbor. Every night you can target a player, a random power that is still alive in the game will be used upon this player. You do this by typing the following command during the day phase for the next night phase: Determination beats all: [Playername].
    Besides this you're also invited to a Neighborhood chat.

Dear MegaPod, you are Victini from- V-WHEEEEEEEL!- er, excuse me. from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

gates_to_infinity__v_wheel_by_oranges_and_pears-d62eu7c.png

After having crashed down upon earth from the sky, You, Victini decide to open up shop with your- V-WHEEEEEEEL!- forecasting the weather for the Player Character and their partner.

Due to your Psychic powers, and the- V-WHEEEEEEEL!- you have the power of forecasting, making you the Random Psychic Cop. Every night you get to know the role of a random player, and the alignement of another, random, player.

• Elementar was killed, he was the Player Character the Wildcard Neighbor
    • MegaPod was killed, he was the Random Cop Psychic

It is now Day 2. Day 2 ends in 50 hours and 6 minutes.

Phase 2 recap - Day 3 - What is happening?
  • Final Vote Count:
    Jsach I
    (CherubCookie)
    CherubCookie I (Zexy)

Dear Jsach hmm, You are Quagsire hmm, from Pokemon Mmmystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

352d9463b32480d480764173ae1a56c7d9e04d9b_hq.jpg

Quagsire is quite the hmm loving, and lovable character in Gates to Infinity. Not only is he hmm, known for saying hmm, a whole lot hmm. He also helps out the players hmm by selling them the Pokemon Paradise. Where you hmm, set up your Assembly Shop.

Due to the players hmm buying your land, you are the Mmmillionaire Doctor. Every day you may target one player for the night phase, giving them a protection from any single kill. You do this by typing: Hmm, I will hummmbly protect: [Playername]hmm
    Besides this, after you've died you're allowed to post 1 last message in thread, your last will, where you can say anything about the game you'd like to say.

Dear CherubCookie, You are Chatot from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

Chatot.jpg

known as the head of intelligence and Wigglytuff's second-in-command in the Wigglytuff Guild. You want to know everything that is happening in town, but can't do so without the permission of Wigglytuff, unless Wigglytuff ain't around.

Due to this you're the Loudmouth Backup Watcher / Tracker. After Wigglytuff has died, you will inherit their Watcher/Tracker power, giving you the ability to either track or watch someone every night. You do so by typing the following command during the day phase for the next night: Command Diglet to Track/Watch on: [Playername]
    Besides this, you are also quite the Loudmouth, if someone ever is to target you, the whole game will know this as it will be posted upon the phase update.

• Jsach was lynched, he was Quagsire the Millionaire Doctor.
    • CherubCookie was lynched, he was the Loudmouth Backup Watcher / Tracker

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 2 recap.

Murasaki was killed, they were...
    Dear Murasaki, you are Cofagrigus from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

maxresdefault.jpg

Due to your obsession with gold you started your very own store in Post Town, trading in gold bars for Poké and other special treasures. Some say that this obsession has come from greed from when you were still human, but the real reason...

The real reason you're obsessed with gold is because all the spirits around you told you, therefore you are The Medium. You will have a group PM with anybody who dies in the game. You can not talk in said PM but the death is allowed to talk to you.

All dead people are now allowed to become IOs if they so desire.
    @Jsach 's next message in thread will count as his last will.

It is now Day 3. The phase ends in 48 hours (-12 minutes)

What was this madness? - Endgame
  • Day 3 final vote count.
    Kyriaki II (Zexy, Flop)
    Flop II (Lone, Kyriaki)

Dear AussieEevee, You are Wigglytuff from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

150px-040Wigglytuff_PMD_Explorers.png

Known as the Grandmaster of your own guild, and a bit of a pushover on the Grass Continent. Not many fear you, but when you strike they are sure to regret that decision. However, normally you're quite the happy-go-lucky character and are all but subtle.

Due to this, you are the Loud Watcher / Tracker. As you want to know everything that is happening in your guild you can either choose to Watch or Track someone each night. You do so by typing the following command during the day for the next night phase: Command Chatot to track/watch on: [Playername]
    However, the player you are targeting will know you have targeted them.

Dear Doctor Floptopus, you are Dusknoir from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

pokemon-grovyle-dusknoir.jpg

You are the old and wise Dusknoir, famous for your wisdom and solo explorations on the Grass Continent. However you have a dark secret. You are from the future, just like the Player Character and are on a mission to take them back to the future and dispose of them.

However, this is only one step in the smaller scheme of things, due to your affiliation with the dark side, you are the Mafia Even Night Strongman every even night you execute the kill it counts as a strongman kill. Breaking through any protection on your target.

You are aligned with the mafia and win when all opposing factions have been defeated or this outcome is inevitable.
    • Kyriaki was lynched, they were Wifflytuff the Loud Watcher / Tracker
    • Doctor Floptopus was lynched, they were Dusknoir the Mafia Even Night Strongman

Because of this, All that's left is Zexy & Lone_Garurumon. Time for the last night.
    -----------------------------
    Night 3 recap.

Dear Zexy, You are Drowzee from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

latest

As innocent as people might believe you to be, your looks are all so deceiving. After having kidnapped a small Azurill from Treasure Town, you revealed your true intentions to the Player Character, that of a cold blooded thief.

Due to your deeds, you are the Mafia Goon. Your power is your vote, both for the lynch and the mafia night kill.

"Huh, What? You're telling me you fucked up the PM delivery on thread start? Zexy got the wrong role?! What have you done! hm. I see. Well guess we better show the real one..."
    Dear Zexy, You are Drowzee from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

latest

As innocent as people might believe you to be, your looks are all so deceiving. After having kidnapped a small Azurill from Treasure Town, you revealed your true intentions to the Player Character, that of a cold blooded thief.

Even though you have done many evil deeds, you in the end still help out Azurill escape from their nightmare. You might've succumbed to the dark side, but are not truly one of theirs. Because of this, you are The Crazy Old Man. You believe you are a mafia goon, but in actuality you're a member of the town. Any factional kill actions performed by you are instead performed by a random member of the mafia. Due to being in the mafia chat, you can not participate in the game after your death in any way shape or form.

Meaning that all that's left is, our winner @Lone_Garurumon !
    Dear Lone_Garurumon, You are Yveltal from Super Mystery Dungeon

e20f987e5dc5ad58c741a926d6ded264.jpg

You are the secondary antagonist of the Super Mystery Dungeon games, not only have you turned dozens of Pokemon to stone, you have tried to kill the Player Characters but failed.

Since your job is to kill everyone you are The Serial Killer Every day you put in a kill action for you to execute at night, and you will attempt to turn them to stone, silencing your target for good. You do this by typing: Obviously, Oblivion Wing on: [Playername] in this role pm.

You are aligned with your self and only win when every opposing faction has been defeated, or this is inevitable.

Meaning our two winners are:
    Lone_Garurumon and Neon Borealis!

Congrats guys!

A list of questions, and what answers were submitted can be found right here.
    We have had to tweak some things, so if the answers say something different then what actually happened that's why. We tried to keep in everything we could though! :)

This game was chaotic, but very fun to watch unfold. Sadly we had to modkill 2 indeps :\ but that happens with these wacky rules ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do have a few questions for y'all though!
    Code:
    1. What did you think about the concept of the game, picking a rule between multiple choice questions?
    1a. Would you pick the rules in any other way, f.e. asking "what is the rule regarding X" and instead of giving options taking open answers etc.
    1b. What did you think about letting people decide "rules" in regards to the setup?

2. This was the first game where I tried to put at least some effort into role PMs ^-^, Did you like what I did? Or do you prefer less pokememes/puns in there ;)

3. Did you think this game was a fun gimmick for one time use, or would you like to see this type of game return, maybe in like a year or so! :)
    Thanks everyone for playing! I hope you had fun!

PS: Sorry not sorry Zexy for your role <3 (PSSSHT it was Cheff's idea).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom