• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

'09 Pacific/Atlantic Hurricane Seasons (Closed 'Til 2010; See First Post For Details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2009 Pacific & Atlantic Hurricane Seasons

Current count is now:
9 Tropical Storms
3 Hurricanes
2 Major Hurricanes

Actually pretty active for an El Nino season that effectively shut down the Cape Verde region.

What I think is interesting is that it has very similar stats to 2006, but 2006 had the GoM and the Caribbean shut down.

Anyway, here's the report update
Atlantic
Tropical Storm Erika (After Bill)
Hurricane Fred (After Erika)
Eastern Pacific
Tropical Storm Ignacio (After Tropical Depression Nine-E)

Oh noes! Ida downgraded!! D=
I hope it makes it past that small corner of land that is Nicaragua/Honduras!! And then ultimately, get past the Yucatan, and then things would be interesting enough!! >=D

It's usually a good thing when something's downgraded.... LOL

The NHC reports that Ida is now approximately at the Honduran border or in Honduras.

Mow its a depression..... Now I'm a depression.....

EDIT: Now it's a storm! And I'm a..... I don't know?
._.

Last edited:

It's a Tropical Storm again, and now it looks like it's going to hit Florid... oops... nevermind:

at200911_5day.gif

Also, it's the first November hurricane to make landfall since... 1925. wow.

And now it's a hurricane again. Expected to stay that way right up until it dodges the Gulf Coast.

This is so much fun!

Hurricane watches are now up for Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

EDIT: Damn, the Weather Channel isn't playing their badass storm alert music during their local forecasts.

Last edited:

Based on the amount of time it took for Ida to form after Henri died..... Woould it be safe to assume that, with El Nin~o against it, that the 2009 Atlantic Hurricane Season is dead...?

Not until the date "November 30th" is reached.

And even after that, anything can still happen.

True, though with diminishing sea surface temps, and a relatively uninteresting Atlantic, chances of seeing more serious stuff in the next 15ish days is unlikely. If the relatively quiet pattern we've had is indication, I don't think it's likely to change right before the end of the season.

True, though with diminishing sea surface temps, and a relatively uninteresting Atlantic, chances of seeing more serious stuff in the next 15ish days is unlikely. If the relatively quiet pattern we've had is indication, I don't think it's likely to change right before the end of the season.

Exactly. There's always the chance, but in my mind, there's only about a 10% chance for another storm to form for the rest of the season.

Anyway, it's time for a report update.
Put these two at the end of the Pacific.

Tropical Storm Nora

Tropical Storm Patricia

also, LOL... Fred and Erika weren't in the Pacific XD

Exactly. There's always the chance, but in my mind, there's only about a 10% chance for another storm to form for the rest of the season.

Anyway, it's time for a report update.
Put these two at the end of the Pacific.

Tropical Storm Nora

Tropical Storm Patricia

also, LOL... Fred and Erika weren't in the Pacific XD

XD My bad. Didn't mean for that to happen!

XD My bad. Didn't mean for that to happen!

No, it's ok. I bet a lot of people appreciate you putting the reports on there.

No, it's ok. I bet a lot of people appreciate you putting the reports on there.

Well, I appreciate you gathering them for me to pass onto everyone.

Re: '09 Pacific/Atlantic Hurricane Seasons (Closed 'Til 2010; See First Post For Deta

And that would be it, everyone! The 2009 Atlantic & Pacific Hurricane Seasons have officially ended! Thank you everyone for your contributions, and I shall being seeing everyone next Spring!

Re: '09 Pacific/Atlantic Hurricane Seasons (Closed 'Til 2010; See First Post For Deta

Thread updated!

Time for another update.

Tack this onto the end of the EPac:

Hurricane Rick

So in 20 days, they've only gotten one report done... *facepalm*

Update:

Atlantic

Tropical Storm Claudette (after Bill)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom