• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

3+

~Locust~

~Moonlight Knight~
Reaction score
I told one of my friends that I had ordered Pearl. In Art we talked and he said I was too old for it just because it's 3+! How can you be too old for a 3+ game when 3+ means for ALL over 3? I think it's just an excuse to bash fans of the series.

If it doesn't have blood and stuff that would push it into a higher rating then it obviously isn't worth playing. :rolleyes:

The suitable-for-kids=bad mentality isn't unique to Pokémon, though it does suffer more from the dreaded kiddie image.
Pokémon Channel is a kid's game. D/P is fun no matter what your age. Nintendo are getting plenty of money out if this game so if your friend doesn't see it then that's his problem.

Well, we are from Britain so he won't know that. Pokémon may not have blood and stuff but still, it's not the only game for ages that doesn't. Other E games that don't get more respect than Pokémon. Same with 3+ games.

Nah, I'm too argumentive. I keep arguing. Only time he listens to me is in art though for some reason. But still, Pokémon is one of the few games that get called kiddy 'caus of no violence, yet most games with no violence are called cool. I find that infuriating.

Tell him Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic, etc. are 3+.

Unfortunately, he hates those too. He's ok with em liking the games, it's jsut, I was wondereing, how can 3+ be kiddy?

A lot people think that all video games are specifically being
marketed towards children. Why do you think parents bitch about GTA?

Regardless of the age rating, Pokemon is a fundamentally good game. That's why it's sold so many copies. It has a lot of charm and whatnot, but mainly it's a great game with solid gameplay.

I'm sure I did but I can't remember. I wanted your opinions.

People in my IT class made fun of me because I found the Tetris game I played on the internet had. Most likely they think it's kiddy. In my opinion they just want to bash companies with graphics which aren't that good.

Your friend seems to have the "IF YOU CAN'T SHOOT PEOPLE TIL A POOL OF BLOOD FORMS UNDER THEM IT SUCKS" mentality.

Talk about no taste. >A<

Shooting people until they die a horrible and extremely painful death, and then shooting at their corpses is fun....

Yet at the same time, while playing a game like that, I can be thinking: ''Lemme just finish this level, then Il pick up my GBA and get my Swellow to win the cool contest...''

The +3 rating is kind of funny because you need to read to play pokemon in the first place, and It's not common to see reading 3year olds! Silly European rating system!

I find it hard to believe 3 year olds play videogames

I find it even harder to believe that they would understand the more complex rock paper scissor method of Pokemon types(especially with dual types) when my ffriends barely get it(their 15)

I find it hard that a game with so many comlex strategies should only be played by three year olds

Those people just dont know that Pokemon is actually strategic, and behind their cuteness are the hearts of cold blooded killers.

I dont get why people bash you for playing Pokemon, yet their going around with Super Mario and Yoshi's Island on their DS.

And where's this rating coming from? In America it's 6.

I've found that a lot of the people in charge of making ratings systems and making judgments on the content of games think that all video games are played by children. It's that way in the United States, at least. We have a lot of politicians trying to repress violent video games to "protect children," but it's mostly adults playing those games.

What I find silly is that some people don't like Pokemon because it DOES have violence. And even though that's true, it's not THAT violent. It's just punches, headbutts, and those kinds of things. Not exactly GTA material.

Blaziken! Use your chainsaw (a weapon in GTA, for those who dont know) to cut up the body of that dead Mudkip!

*snicker*
*all stars activate*
Oh no! Use Fire Blast to blow up the tanks Blaziken!

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom