• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

I have three amulet coins.
I have more than enough money to throw around, tbh. It's great.

I would rather go broke than have my mother ringing me every 2 minutes to tell me she bought me a potion. Seriously, I never get anything decent from her.

You get berries from her and occasionally useful items. What's wrong with that? Plus, if you're training against the E4, 25% of every win goes to her. So any money she spends is almost instantly replaced with more money.

You get berries from her and occasionally useful items. What's wrong with that? Plus, if you're training against the E4, 25% of every win goes to her. So any money she spends is almost instantly replaced with more money.
As I thought, there is a set list of items that your mother buys.

I just finished up in the Whirl Islands catching Lugia. Although, while I am over in this area I should probably do the sidequest to pick up all the items. After soft resetting for the Lugia I came across a shiny one and decided to keep it eventhough I like the original colour better. I can probably find a normal coloured one somewhere else pretty easily though.

I'm working through the E4+L. I haven't lost in the last two runs, and am making about 50k after replacing the spent potions and revives that way.

I'm currently training my team out in Route 31. I also got Sentret, Nidoran (F) and Onix from the Pokewalker.

Team:
-Totodile, level 9
-Spearow, level 8
-Spinarak, level 7
-Aipom, level 6
-Geodude, level 8

Well I started my journey on Friday and as of right now still only have one Gym badge. This is mostly due to a) working most of Saturday and b) a friend sent me LOTS of eggs to hatch

I now have a Houndour with Fire, Ice and Thunder Fang. Vulpix with Energy Ball, a Squirtle and a Butterfree evolved from a hatched Caterpie. Togepi has since hatched too. Cyndaquil is my starter

I tend to be the kind of trainer that'll catch anything that takes my fancy and attempt to train it even though this makes the game longer for me heh. Oh well!

Also remembered I still have the 10th anniversary event Pokemon on my Green Leaf game :eek:. I really ought to move them over sometime...

I've spent a lot of time on this already, and I'm way behind all my friends, but I have a tendency to grind for a long, long time. xD

I am on the exact same page as you.
My friend was in texas for the release, so he got it a week ago.
He already has 16 badges, mewtwo, and lugia (he got HG)

My other friend has 9 badges and beaten the elite four (that'll prob sound dumb, im assuming you have to beat the E4 before going into Kanto..) and im not sure where my other other friend is.

I just beat clair, i'm literally just going into the dragon shrine inside of dragons den.
i got HG release date o__o

Working on leveling up my team for the Elite Four and turning Eevee into an Espeon. Highlight of the day was catching Lugia in a Fast Ball. :)

My main problem? Money. I need to build up my supply of Revives and Full Restores before taking on the Elite Four. I beat my rival by a hair, and I'm just glad I didn't have to send out Galvatron (my Eevee) as a barrier to revive any of my main team Pokemon.

I am on the exact same page as you.
My friend was in texas for the release, so he got it a week ago.
He already has 16 badges, mewtwo, and lugia (he got HG)

My other friend has 9 badges and beaten the elite four (that'll prob sound dumb, im assuming you have to beat the E4 before going into Kanto..) and im not sure where my other other friend is.

I just beat clair, i'm literally just going into the dragon shrine inside of dragons den.
i got HG release date o__o
Same here, I just beat Claire yesterday. It really doesn't matter what pace you go at as long as you enjoy the game. I still have spent way to long grinding though.

I finally made it to the Indigo Plateau!

The Route 26 and 27 trainers were actually pretty hard for me, as they fainted a couple of my Pokemon. I really like the little cave in Tohjo falls, too bad there is nothing to do in there for now though. The rival battle wasn't too bad with the exception of his Starter Pokemon as I had pretty much nothing to take it out. It almost even took out my Heracross which I needed.

So far the trek up through Victory Road has been quite interesting I must say.

Here is my Current Team. I don't know whether or not I am going to level them up a bit more before taking on the Elite 4, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
Quilava, level 48 [Nickname: Magna]
Xatu, level 48
Umbreon, level 47
Psyduck, level 12 [HM Pokemon]
Heracross, level 47 [Nicknamed: Sky]
Lapras, level 49

For the Elite Four I plan on swapping out Psyduck who is my current HM Pokemon for my Nidoking. As for the Elite 4, I am really unsure and kind of scared.

They aren't too bad, but be ready to use power items like Max Revive. Once you are through it, you'll be picking up plenty more. (I got 9 since the first E4 round. Why do we call it E4? You don't get to leave after 4. You get kicked in the balls by Lance after 4.)

It seems stable, and should hold up fine with a little item support. Lance should be surprisingly easy, if Lapras knows any Ice attacks (Blizzard, Ice Beam, etc.).

Spent the whole day playing the Pokéathlon. I've beaten 8 of the 10 records for the first round, but I suck hard in Disc Catching and Snow Throw. After hours and hours of playing, I can't even beat those events, let alone breaking the records. But I don't care, it's fun as hell.

My team is nowhere near high enough level to fight Red, so I'm spending time at the Battle Frontier playing with the Battle Factory (which is pretty fun using pokes I normally don't have!)

My entire team is at Level 55: not nearly as high as Red's Level 80+ Pokemon. But I'm still ready to take him on.

Spent the whole day playing the Pokéathlon. I've beaten 8 of the 10 records for the first round, but I suck hard in Disc Catching and Snow Throw. After hours and hours of playing, I can't even beat those events, let alone breaking the records. But I don't care, it's fun as hell.

Tip for Shooting Snow/Snot Throw: diagonal lines towards the upper left of the screen. The team in that direction is the easiest to hit I've found.

Catch Saucer is a matter of catching in the 3-5 zones and pushing everyone else off/out of the way. Iunno, I usually don't have problems is I just stay in the 3-5 point zones and push pokémon off when I can. xD

I've begun the red grinding process. Team is all around low 60s at the moment.

Tip for Shooting Snow/Snot Throw: diagonal lines towards the upper left of the screen. The team in that direction is the easiest to hit I've found.

Catch Saucer is a matter of catching in the 3-5 zones and pushing everyone else off/out of the way. Iunno, I usually don't have problems is I just stay in the 3-5 point zones and push pokémon off when I can. xD

I've begun the red grinding process. Team is all around low 60s at the moment.

It's the Little Red Grinding Hood time! (OK, the pun sucks...)

Hey! Thanks for the tips! I'll try them right now.

They aren't too bad, but be ready to use power items like Max Revive. Once you are through it, you'll be picking up plenty more. (I got 9 since the first E4 round. Why do we call it E4? You don't get to leave after 4. You get kicked in the balls by Lance after 4.)
Okay, that makes me a little more confident. They really should change the name because as you said you aren't able to leave after 4. I think Lance is more of the type that will feed you to one of his crazy Dragon Pokemon.

It seems stable, and should hold up fine with a little item support. Lance should be surprisingly easy, if Lapras knows any Ice attacks (Blizzard, Ice Beam, etc.).
I am planning on stocking up on Hyper Potions, Full Heals, and Revives so hopefully that will be enough. I made sure that Lapras learned Ice Beam at an early level along with a few other Ice-type attacks, so that is pretty reassuring then.

So I'm pretty sure this Kanto is the highlight of the game, holy crap o_o Talk about a fixer upper in contrast to the shitfest that was the original G/S/C Kanto

So I beat Lt. Surge, which was pretty great. And now I'm working on catching a good natured Houndour in a Moon Ball. I've so far caught a sassy one and a NEVER MIND the Houndour I JUST caught is Timid. XD Final member of my team, caught! But before I officially have him on my team, I think I'll EV train him on Platinum.

Work's been hectic, so I haven't had as much time to play of late.

Pokéwalker stats;
Total Watts: 6612 W
Total Steps: 134464

Currently on the Hoenn Field course.

Chikorita♀ lvl.42
Houndoom♂ lvl.43
Ampharos♀ lvl.44
Noctowl♂ lvl.42
Espeon♀ lvl.43
Red Gyarados♂ lvl.43

Trainer: Cristal
Badges: 8
Pokédex: 121

At S.S. Aqua. Went through the Elite Four a bit under leveled, as you can see, but type advantaging in a very good thing. Lance was a major pain, but massive item abuse really helped.

The credit sequences were super cute.

Okay, I am currently making my way through the Elite Four.

First off is Will the Psychic-type Elite Four. Most of his Pokemon were not a problem except for his Slowbro as it took forever to faint with Thunderbolt. His first Xatu was a bit of a problem too as it confused several of my Pokemon. I wonder why all of his Pokemon are female though, kind of like Bugsy. I guess that's just how they do it in Johto, sort of weird going from the normal standard. Second is Koga, who has Poison-type Pokemon. I had practically no problems with defeating him besides his Venomoth confusing my Pokemon. Third is Bruno, the Fighting-type Elite Four. His Machamp ended up taking out my Natu in one hit, who was supposed to last the whole match. Last of the Elite four is Karen, who for me was one of the tougher ones next to Bruno on terms of Pokemon. She took out almost three of my Pokemon which was pretty hard to recover from.

Now off to the dragon master Champion, Lance! First off, I have to say that I absolutely love Lance's battle theme along with the gold Dratini themed room. His Aerodactyl and Dragonites took out about four of my Pokemon alone, so it was pretty challenging but I ended up defeating him in the end.

Here is my final team after Defeating the Elite Four and the Champion Lance.
Nidoking, level 50
Lapras, level 50
Umbreon, level 49
Heracross, level 48 [Nickname Sky]
Xatu, level 49
Quilava, level 48 [Nickname Magna]

I really do like the game so far, and I agree that the ending credits were very cute.

I always thought the girl team with Will was The Magician and his lovely assistants.

Back
Top Bottom