• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

I've had the game for a couple of months now; thus far I've defeated Red numerous times, crushed the Elite Four more often than Red, gained three silver prints (Tower, Arcade, Castle) and gotten my Dex up to 314. I've also raised a fair few Level 100s. I'm currently (slowly) working on filling out the Johto Dex, eventually intending to move on to National.

My team constantly shifts because I have way too many Pokémon on my hands, but at any one time it may include:
  • Swampert
  • Kingdra
  • Gyarados
  • Starmie
  • Feraligatr
  • Heracross
  • Skarmory
  • Gardevoir (shiny)
  • Donphan
  • Nidoking
  • Snorlax
  • Torterra
  • Rhyperior
  • Gliscor
  • Ursaring (HM bitch)

Day-Like I remember....

Location-Mt. Silver

Entry-Today, the last of our supplies ran out. Scavenged for berries for hours, trying to find enough Orans to heal the team when a pack of Ursaring set upon me. Fought them off. Pidgeot's out, though. Looks like Salamence'll have to be the tank for awhile. Damned Larvitars ate the bread-crumb trail I left to lead me out of the caves and mountain face. If you're reading this and it isn't a famous memoir, it means I'm dead, as I can hear more Ursaring closing in on my little makeshift camp. Tell my wife I love her.

Sven

That is quite honestly the most creative log here.

Preparing to go after Suicune, Raikou, and Latios. This time they're mine.

EDIT: 2 choice bands and a choice specs from the walker.

I'm gonna make my way to the League. Again. (I restarted. Again.)

And I swept Clair with a Bellossom (and item support).

(Well this is in Emerald) but I finally got a good ID and soft resetted enough to get my shiny Mudkip! Yay!

Also found a shiny Houndour in HG/SS after chaining for most of the night and now I feel tired (it was worth it though)

Day-Like I remember....

Location-Mt. Silver

Entry-Today, the last of our supplies ran out. Scavenged for berries for hours, trying to find enough Orans to heal the team when a pack of Ursaring set upon me. Fought them off. Pidgeot's out, though. Looks like Salamence'll have to be the tank for awhile. Damned Larvitars ate the bread-crumb trail I left to lead me out of the caves and mountain face. If you're reading this and it isn't a famous memoir, it means I'm dead, as I can hear more Ursaring closing in on my little makeshift camp. Tell my wife I love her.

Sven

Awesome entry. Everyone should start writing like this, lol.

~ Going to train my Lv1 Chimchar or Riolu that I got from my Platinum game.

Played almost non-stop these past days, so I received all the badges, and defeated the Kimono girls. Sheesh, were they terrible! I'm still working on getting my Eevee to a Espeon, though that's really getting nowhere.

I kinda laughed at some of the Gym leaders reactions, as to when I swiped them. Like Whitney crying, refusing to give me the badge, and Clair freaking out when she heard I passed the Dragon's Den test, which she hasn't yet passed. Man, I restarted my game once just to see that again.

Well, skipping all the boring details, my current team:

Gyarados - lvl 37
Ampharos - lvl 36
Typhlosion - lvl 36
Pidgeot - lvl 36
Eevee - lvl 32
Dratini - lvl 15

Gonna transfer my Dratini to Platinum, for training. And going to replace Pidgeot with Ho-oh, for a while, when I catch it. Sorry Pidgeot..:(

Currently in Belltower, trying to figure out how to get across those thingies.

Last edited:

Aerodactyl (Lv. 69)
Dragonite (Lv. 55)
Mamoswine (Lv. 34)
Lapras (Lv. 65)
Houndour (Lv. 1)
Treecko (Lv. 1)

I'm rock smashing for Heart Scales...

Last edited:

Left off last night on route 36 after catching a stantler to take out Morty. my team currently consist of

Croconaw
Flaaffy
Heracross
Growlithe

After beating Morty im going to the Ruins of Alph to get a Natu(this will be the first time using him) going to use my final spot with a filler until I can get Phanpy.

Alrighty.

Caught Ho-Oh, and I wasn't really in the mood for patience and I have like.. no money at all in the game, so I chucked a Master Ball at it. Will probably come back to bite me in the.. yeah. But, later on I could migrate a Master ball to the game. Problem solved. *shrugs*

Now, I had my first steps in Kanto! Also saw I can't fly from there, to Johto, which frustrated me, as I had to go back to complete a trade.

I have now acquired a PCP, and Celebi, from my Platinum version, so, onwards to the in-game events for me.

:)

Getting bored with the game now...started to get an urge tp play Mario Brothers again but my team's now in the 90s

Also found a shiny Houndour in HG/SS after chaining for most of the night and now I feel tired (it was worth it though)

How could you chain in HGSS? The Poké Radar doesn't exist in these versions...

Or maybe...did you mean that you found a shiny Houndour in HGSS after chaining in one of the DPt games?

Decided i wasn't happy with my original team started new game traded over gible, dratini, and bagon eggs from pearl. training only dragons. 5 badges right now
lvl 35 Shelgon
lvl 35 Dratini
lvl 35 Gabite
still havent used the pokewalker. debating introducing the non dragon larvitar to team. right now playing pearl again getting all the EV enhancing hold items because just cycling around 1 macho brace is annoying
caught a shiny Ekins without looking for them, have a strange desire to find a shiny Miltank... destroying pokeatlon repeatedly in game and against my sister who refuses to battle me
-just caught Entei and Raikou- in like an hour :D

Last edited:

Halfway through EV-training a Whismur, and my second Metagross is just a few levels away from being totally levelled up. I'm never training two Metagross's again TT_TT

After beating the league again and doing pokeathlon stuff, I'm now standing before Groudon.

Also, I was in a Gamestop in West Lake Mall yesterday looking at the Kanto guide for HGSS and talking with a friend about it. The manager heard me mention I hate Magmortar and we started talking. She has never heard of Bulbagarden, but she has been to Serebii...

Ok so, I'm finally fighting the E4 round 2. And in the same vein as doing it underlevel the first time, I've kept my team all at level 55. While going through Will through Karen, I feel I've done a pretty good job of using all my Pokémon evenly... including my Ariados! [actually, with reflect/light screen support, he's been pretty badass. I wish he wasn't such a sucky nature or else he might be... usable realistically. He was pretty awesome against Karen though]. Going through them in fact, all my Pokémon have only levelled up once except my Houndoom... whose still 55! Honestly, my Slowking is the secret powerhouse of my team; after reflect/light screen setup from my Meganium, I could simply switch to Slowking, Nasty Plot 3 times [plus help from Max potions if necessary], then Trick Room + sweep. But since I've wanted to use all my Pokémon evenly, I haven't really done that...

...but I may need to against Lance. WTF Karens highest was like 65 and Lances FIRST POKEMON is 72. Nintendo, honestly, this is ridiculously stupid. I'm only really having trouble setting up thanks to Shadow Claw hitting for critical against my Slowking in the midst of setup. With reflect, it takes 4 shadow claws to KO my Slowking [fairly impressive considering the 16 level advantage he has], and I only get the fourth hit thanks to the small recovery from leftovers, with critical its a OHKO. Anyways, going to edit post eventually when I'm successful.

EDIT [hopefully first]: so I've hit that critical hit situation 5 times [where I've gotten out 3 Nsaty Plots, max potion, critical hit], but when I finally got it all set up, including Trick Room, I sweeped Salamence, then Gyrados, but Garchomp TOOK THE HIT. Honestly, I hate fighting Garchomp they're unbelievably cheap.

EDIT 2: Ok, so yeah, with the exception of Lance who was full of so many bullshit Critical Hits, 3 turn outrages and not hurting itself in confusions, the league was stupidly easy. I did like the Pokémon they had on their teams, themselves, but they were just... played poorly. :/ Oh well. Good game Heart Gold, with that I guess I've officially, "Beaten," the game, even though I play for multiplayer so I just grind the E4 for level 100s XD This is how I enjoy my Pokeymans I do not care. Unfortunately, I far prefer Platinum [I'm saying this at what is essentially the end of Heart Gold].

For comparison, heres the levels of my team when I beat the Elite Four; both round 1 and 2.

Round 1
Orion / Meganium Level 39
Anakaris / Ariados Level 40
Jupiter / Ampharos Level 39
Mercury / Slowking Level 40
Kamui / Ursaring Level 40
Aeria / Dragonair Level 34

Round 2
Orion / Meganium Level 56
Anakaris / Ariados Level 56
Jupiter / Ampharos Level 56
Mercury / Slowking Level 56
Kamui / Ursaring Level 57 [He has Ice Punch what do you expect XD]
Agatio / Houndoom Level 55

I think my round 2 levels are underlevelled but admittedly I never tried fighting them before level 55

Last edited:

Went through the Round 2 League again. Had some trouble (I don't think they're stupidly easy) but did well overall. Then came Lance and I struggled a bit, but overcame it all.

Also caught Groudon when he stupidly put himself to sleep and I criticaled with a weakened Waterfall.

Got into the Friendship room of the Pokeathlon Dome. With legends, almost all the events aren't too hard to beat all the records in, but pennet capture is annoying as hell. I was lucky I finally got all 36 flags.

Got into the Friendship room of the Pokeathlon Dome. With legends, almost all the events aren't too hard to beat all the records in, but pennet capture is annoying as hell. I was lucky I finally got all 36 flags.

And then you realize that you need 50 for its Potential Trophy...

I've been finishing off the last Johto Dex Pokémon. Currently I'm missing Clefable, Victreebel, Politoed, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Yanmega, Ambipom, Arcanine, Starmie, Cloyster, Kabutops and Mewtwo - for the stone evolvers, I'm leveling them up first so they learn certain moves. Currently working on Clefairy, a Pokémon I really hate. Mewtwo is missing because I'm waiting for more info on HGSS RNG abuse :p

Been a while since I last updated:
-I caught Lugia
-I caught the Kanto legendary birds (and used them in the Pokeathlon)
-I beat Red (how I did it is on my blog)
-Picked up Bulbasaur and Torchic from Prof. Oak and Steven. Bred Bulbasaur (it was female) with a Tangrowth I traded from Platinum, and the baby got Power Whip.
-Did the in-game trades with Steven, Lt. Surge and Jasmine
-I caught Mewtwo (and it was shiny!)
-About to get Kyogre in Embedded Tower

Back
Top Bottom