• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

5 Post-Game Ideas For SM

If I were to put the Zygarde forms in the Gen. 7 games, I would make it part of a single location, with the plot of it mainly confined to that area. Think Heatran from Gen. 4: You didn't know of it until you headed towards the Volcano location in order to see how it effected the place, and/or the ambitions of your partner trainer trying to coax it out.

Personally, I thought the Delta Episode was problematic because it decided to overexert itself to you just flying all over the place to already-been-to areas, with the Sky Pillar itself not the most impressive place to have an adventure in. If it was more centered towards the Sky Pillar itself, I bet it would have been a more interesting, even if a bit shorter and had a different plot.

I found Kalos enjoyable enough as it was. Sure, you can pick it apart in hindsight, but I loved it in the moment.

Same. Kalos was downright enchanting the first go around. Maybe it was the 3D graphics for the first time, but I played through X like a starry eyed child.

Nobody is wrong for those who expected a 'Z', and nobody is wrong for those expecting a Gen 7. Yes, just because we are getting Gen 7, does not mean the conversation of Zygarde should be dead. I just find it really disrespectful when people solely post to target and go against it constantly, saying it's an "annoying" discussion, when that is exactly what we are here for, a discussion, be it aggravating or terrifying, it's speculation.

This scenario sounds.... so awfully familiar...

I found Kalos enjoyable enough as it was. Sure, you can pick it apart in hindsight, but I loved it in the moment.

I feel the same way. I had some problems with it while playing the game, mainly with the rivals and Team Flare characters, but that didn't make me dislike the game. They were still fun to play through in spite of my issues with them and they're far from the worst games in the series for me. They were lackluster in a few areas and I had my problems with them, but they were still fun and at the end of the day, that's the main thing I want out of video games.

As for the Zygarde discussion, I think that the main reason why people find it annoying is simply because we've been talking about it for months with no real answers. Even before Sun/Moon were announced, people were just waiting for some Zygarde game to be announced for months, which didn't help the discussion either. We just go around in circles and I don't know about everyone else, but I hate circular debates. They get old fast and this one is no different. The lack of any solid news for Sun/Moon doesn't help matters because we have people who want something for Zygarde and follow ups on X/Y as a whole and people who want to focus more on the new region and its storyline. I'm not blaming people for wanting a Z or some kind of direct Kalos continuation. Wanting that to happen, being disappointed that they didn't go that direction and hoping for something for Zygarde and/or Kalos as a whole in Sun/Moon is all understandable. Those feelings and opinions aren't really the problem here. The problem is just the nature of the discussion because it does get annoying and tiring to see the same complaints for the same issue so frequently.

The fact that Zygarde is brought up and complained about every single day does not help matters. At this point, I would be thrilled with Zygarde just not appearing in Sun/Moon or at least not making a big deal about its new forms. If it's handled like Rotom's forms where you just get some item to change Zygarde's form and there's no story behind it, I would be perfectly fine with that. I don't even care any more because of how annoying this discussion is. I just want them to focus on new content and not making tying up loose ends from X/Y a priority.

Same. Kalos was downright enchanting the first go around. Maybe it was the 3D graphics for the first time, but I played through X like a starry eyed child.

For me it has been enchanting all... oh, I think eight times I have played through X/Y by now. It's so weird. I have these criticisms of it and everything but I can't stop playing the damn thing! Well, I guess that actually makes sense - even though I love storylines and mythology, I recognize that they ultimately don't matter. And post-game doesn't mean much when you constantly reset the game. :p

Point is, I still have lots of fun with it. And that's really all these games exist for. And it seems to me like most people did have fun with X/Y despite the common criticisms of it. It's a flawed game, but I don't really think it's a bad one.

Point is, I still have lots of fun with it. And that's really all these games exist for. And it seems to me like most people did have fun with X/Y despite the common criticisms of it. It's a flawed game, but I don't really think it's a bad one.
And this is the idea that so many people (both in and out of this fandom) simply do not understand.

The aren't bad to me at all but there are problems that do need fixing. S\M have to be amazing games because their the titles that are celebrating the 20th anniversary which means they have to make not just the fans but the world see why Pokémon is so beloved by millions. It's show-time now and these games could take back Pokémon's throne in Japan.

That's a really good point. SM are their chance to win big with people. This is the 20th anniversary, and they have got to do better this time to live up to all their hype. The 20th anniversary celebrations might get a lot more people into Pokemon and this is when they really need to be amazing. I hope.

That's a really good point. SM are their chance to win big with people. This is the 20th anniversary, and they have got to do better this time to live up to all their hype. The 20th anniversary celebrations might get a lot more people into Pokemon and this is when they really need to be amazing. I hope.
Indeed, with the franchise having the most viewed SB commercial, Pokken being a success, and Go seemingly generating hype from non gamers, S\M has to be the icing on the cake or else everything falls apart. It's also critical because we now know that YW3 is actually doing dual versions however S\M has the advantage of releasing during the Holidays and having Nintendo's full backing but GF has to go all out now and strike while the getting's good so they can make it number 1 once again in Japan.

I think a lot of people enjoyed XY at first, I know I sure did, but once the honeymoon ended and people got used to the 3D graphics, they began to see the game's flaws. So I think the problem is that it's just a game that won't age well, people may have enjoyed the game when it came out but as time goes on it'll seem like a worse and worse game.

Considering how young X/Y are relatively speaking, I think it's too early to claim that they won't age well. It's entirely possible. I enjoyed playing through R/B again, but those games really showed their ages. They were more playable than I expected, but I imagine nostalgia was a factor there. With X/Y, I don't think that it would look that much worse over time, especially when many people were able to see its flaws during their first playthrough. I certainly did at least and I was still able to enjoy it. They're flawed games, but flawed isn't the same as flat out bad and you can enjoy something perfectly fine while recognizing its flaws at the same time. Plus, not everyone feels the same way about the games or that the flaws bring it down significantly. They're pretty far from the worst games in the franchise to me. I don't know if they'll really age that badly and it does feel too early to make that claim anyway.

XY was the first games of gen 6 so they wouldn't have a lot of post game but that is the same with every first pair of games of each generation. ORAS had a lot of post game because they were the last games. Last games of the gen tend to have more post game than the first games. XY had some flaws but nothing really major and I really enjoyed those games. I still do. Sun and Moon are the first gen 7 games so the post game won't be much in my opinion.

After X and Y,many people, including myself, have expected a sequel/third version to solve the many plotholes Kalos left behind and the fact that Zygarde's story was never explained. If it's story was just shoved into the NEW region with it's forms, it would be like Zygarde was the main focus in a new region other than the new legendaries for THAT region, and it doesn't work out. Saying these forms are only anime-exclusive can't work either. They never established Zygarde's relations with Xerneas and Yveltal in the games, other than stating in the site that Complete Zygarde is stronger than both of them. HOW? Zygarde isn't like any other legendary pokemon AT ALL. It's completely unique in that it's the first composite being made up of cells and 2 cores. This is too important to leave out, and with all the marketing they've done for Zygarde in Japan: in terms of being figurines, Tretta arcade, anime, and merchandises for the Perfect form for the upcoming movie, they all CAN"T be wasted if we have to wait for X and Y remakes in like 10 years or so, where we FINALLY see these Zygarde forms, because honestly, that's bad marketing if they're going to make us wait that long to finally use a legendary's forms we haven't seen in the originals. And the 50% form will forever be in future games if it's other forms aren't in there or it's story, which doesn't make sense.

This isn't like BW where we never gotten to see what the "original dragon" looked like since they've mentioned it many times in Zekrom and Reshiram's history, and the fact that the "God stone" was found in the coding of the games. The thing is though, they never revealed what it looked like, nor hyped it up in any form just like they did for Zygarde. Zygarde is supposed to be focused in Kalos, not somewhere else.

Couriway Town in X and Y is a place that's TOO important to be left out. And they couldn't have been scrapped it for something else just like the Thousands moves and Eternal Floette. The map description states:"The railway brings people from great distances to see the huge, majestic falls." Why isn't a train working there, and where are these people coming from? And in itself, the town states that it's ""A town connecting differences."

I have some real-life connections as to how Sun and Moon might be the next Gold and Silver.

Gold and Silver are two of the seven metals of alchemy. The symbol for gold could also be used to represent the sun in astrology. The symbol for silver is associated with the moon in astrology.

There is this phrase called "Kalos kagathos" (καλός καγαθός) which is an ancient Greek ideal which existed at least since the time of Herodotos who uses the phrase. It was also used by many other notable writers, such as Plato and Aristotle.

It is a phrase which is made up of two terms, kalos (which means good, beautiful) and agathos (that means ethical, virtuous, kind). Together they form the idea that an ideal human being would be both somatically beautiful and have a virtuous world of thought.The ideal of perfect somatic and mental beauty is a common motif in Greek art. The Greek statues depicting perfect human forms (such as the Lykeios Apollo) present beings which are of ideal beauty and of superior intelligence- Apollo was also the patron God of Logic.

Since X and Y focused more on beauty moreso than life and death, and that was the reasoning for Lysandre destroying humanity for the sake to create a "more beautiful world" but never see his goal come true and his fate is uknown atm.

IF, and I say, IF the next region's name will be called Agathos, it will make absolutely sense with the connection the new region will have with Kalos.

Yes, I know GF can do anything they want with these games, and are unpredictable lately. We don't have alot of info due to the overwhelming lack of news, but a guy can dream,eh? These games are supposed to be special for the anniversary. Of course people are going to have great expectations for it. It'll satisfy those who want to go to a new region, and those who want Kalos' story finished. It's a win-win situation for both, and it'll be like having "Pokemon Z" as the post-game, since many people crave for a good post-game.

Make these two regions interesting, have them connect in a way that was alot more than what Kanto and Johto were.

Hopefully the theme will revolve around this, but if not, maybe perhaps space exploration? Just surprise us with whatever idea you give us, Gamefreak...

They wouldn't have to include all of Kalos like they did with Kanto in Gen 2, just enough to cover the loose ends.

I like the "bits of every previous region" idea, myself.

Fits exactly with what I think will happen, I think the Hoenn Frontier will be visited and it will be finished/built as teased in ORAS, and that's the Hoenn visiting bit, I think Kalos in it's entirety will appear, I DON'T think it will overshadow the new region in any way, you can argue that Kanto in no way overshadowed Johto, and even if it did, it's probably because of the shared league, also, some YouTuber PokeTheorist said something about Sycamore coming to Kalos from Johto by train, it was in a video titled "Where Are All The Regions?" by Birdkeeper Toby who tries his best to make a relatively canon and coherent map of the PokeWorld based on as much info we have about regions, so my point here is that the train should be an important part of traveling to faraway regions, or at the very least, revisiting Kalos 3-5 years after XY, and this has to happen or else Zygrade stays as a deadmon, which can't happen, it needs its formes and if it gets them in SM without Kalos appearing, then it's not actually a Kalos Pokemon, I mean come on.

Definitely, I have no problem with XY as a whole, their post-game was definitely lackluster, I tried my best to make due with it but outside of the Friend Safari and Battle Maison, there was absolutely nothing to do. They're still one of my favorite games because new Pokemon, new region, customizable player characters, and 3D. It's good enough to earn a slot in my top-5 games.

1. ORAS
2. XY
3. Emerald
4. HGSS
5. Platinum

3. A Second Region
Whether it's Kalos for the story (which I'm 99% certain will happen) or a completely new area, I think a second region is a must.
Post-game areas have never really been enough. The second half of Unova was ok, but thanks to a lack of story it seemed smaller than it could have. I also wasn't keen on Sevii Islands purely because the wild Pokémon were tragically low leveled.
So, either a set of islands or a completely new region I think seems fair and realistic, especially considering the next point I'm going to make.

SPECULATION: - What if GenVI is being cut short because the Alola region connects to Kalos?!

Last edited:
A short trek through the Orre region? It had two entries and is based on Arizona, which is another U.S. state. The player could participate in the coliseums or Mt. Battle. Maybe wander the abandoned Citadark Isle and battle spin-off NPCs (e.g. Mirror B.)?

Last edited:
1. Zygarde post game plot

it doesn't have to be in kalos and if this region also lacks a 3rd version then include the 3rd legendary in this post game plot along with zygarde, saving the 3rd one for a post game gives us something to do without shelling out another 40 for the next game but just like the delta episode we can have a post game story revolving around the 3rd legend from now on, since zygarde is stuck in the middle he can be included this time

2. Post game area thats more then a building with winning streaks
It doesn't have to be the Bf as much as I want it, I'd much rather they went the bw2 route with this and gave us a tournament (The battle dome was my 2nd favorite anyway) that can be played online with friends (was that in bw2?) a tower of some kind where you don't need to battle to get past each foor but you do if you want information about the level boss and something else unique and fun

3. dlc Doesn't matter what it is, but Dlc that adds a story maybe dlc about a mythical pokemon where you get to catch it at the end (but doesn't replace events which will remain free) dlc about previous evil leaders like giovanni dlc where you get to travel to a part of a region (like the sinjoh ruins) and do something like
dlc 1: Travel to Kanto in pallet town where prof oak battles you
dlc 2: Travel to mt sliver to battle red
dlc 3: Travel to Lilicove to participate in a contest and battle wallace after as he explains why he's now champion (like steven alluded to in the DE)
dlc 4: Travel to mt coronet and encounter giratina where he drags you into the distrotation world where you can catch him
dlc 5: Travel to casteila city and befriend N
dlc 6: Travel to lumious city and battle prof scyamore and gain a mega stone or something
each for $5 it'd only be a total of 30 dollars and it would be worth it, even more so if we get rare items and pokemon from the people we battle in the dlc

4. Side legendary pokemon stories
Give us some plots on the pokemon of the region that aren't our main three for us to follow

5. Rematches with gym leaders, elite four, champion and trainers in general with revamped and more powerful teams

considering we've waited 2 years for the next game with no 3rd version we should except something out of this more then we did of xy and if its the same amount or less it'll be disappointing. They've had time to perfect the game and post game by now, and with the delta episode they acknowledged that xy had low post game so they set out to fix it hopefully they continue fixing it.

Also why can't we consider xyz our 3rd version it pretty much is everything the 3rd version would have been.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom