• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG135: First Battle! Battle Factory! (Part One)

Yes, there is a factory... complete with the chimneys and smokestacks...

Although I really think Datsura should have a black or grey cap, not red...

His game sprite has a red cap, so it would make sense for the animé writers to give him one.

Sooo...A Victorian Factory rather than a high-tech one that would explain a lot of plot points. It figures, I guess.

Last edited:
The focus on Charmander has me worried...he shows up too much in the ending.

I'm sure the writers are feeling the need to stick him in, considering that a new Bulbasaur and a new Squirtle have already been featured.

In the previews for the upcoming battle what ability was Lizardon using in the end when both him and Datsura's Freezer were going straight up in the air? It's logical to see that if this is Satoshi's Lizardon that he would of learned some new attacks by now considering that Lizardon is training with other Lizardon in the valley (not sure what the valley is called specifically in Japanese).

Zeta said:
I'm sure the writers are feeling the need to stick him in, considering that a new Bulbasaur and a new Squirtle have already been featured.
Perhaps it's also because Pokémon Kazoeuta is full of wordplay...
1: hitotsu Hitokage (Charmander)
2: futatsu Freezer (Articuno)
3: mittsu Mizugorou (Mudkip)
4: yottsu Yomawaru (Duskull)
5: itsutsu Itomaru (Spinarak)
6: muttsu Muchul (Smoochum)
7: nanatsu Namakero (Slakoth)
8: yattsu Yarukimono (Vigoroth)
9: kokonotsu Cokodora (Aron)
10: Togepi

Battle Frontier has 髙屋亜希那 Takaya Akina - a very perplexing artist. It's almost certainly a woman's name, and women who can sing that range are not too common - so it's either a new talent or a pseudonym for someone who doesn't want to be associated with Pokémon.

Pokémon Kazoeuta has 金沢明子 Kanazawa Akiko.

randy23 said:
In the previews for the upcoming battle what ability was Lizardon using in the end when both him and Datsura's Freezer were going straight up in the air? It's logical to see that if this is Satoshi's Lizardon that he would of learned some new attacks by now considering that Lizardon is training with other Lizardon in the valley (not sure what the valley is called specifically in Japanese).
There's speculation that the orange glow was Charizard's Blaze ability.

First Grovyle's Overgrow, now Charizard's Blaze...

The next thing I might be hearing is May's Squirtle using Torrent (or Skitty's Cute Charm activating. I'd LOVE to see that.)

Torrent seems the most likely.

One last thing about the "ZOMG THE TRAINER HAS AN ARTICUNO" pessimism I realized, that I thought I'd mention...
Notice how Articuno isn't in a Pokeball? At least they're keeping to that. Having legendaries battling for a trainer isn't anything new either. *coughmewtwogiovannicough*

I know the topic is long dead, but just had to mention the Pokeball thing.

~Zak

Being into genetic engineering shouldn't affect the fact that he'd cause a legendary to battle for him while befriending it, rather than force... heh. Mewtwo and Articuno both acted on their own accord when listening.

Makes me wonder though... if a lot of the brains somehow have legendaries, how're they gonna pull off Ho-oh? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there someone with that...?

~Zak

No.

The Brains in Emerald only have the Legendary trios and the Latias/Latios duo.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom